Upcoming Events:  Lil Ravens Camp      Training Camp Stadium Practices      Movie Night   

Watch Training Camp LIVE Thursday at 8:30 am ET

Ravens training camp kicks off Thursday & we're bringing the action directly to you! News, analysis, giveaways and more! More info ยป
Close

Photo

Overlooked play against Steelers.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

I think one of the most overlooked plays was the one where Kruger was called for roughing the passer. Nobody has yet to mention that the 10 yard reception which also happened on that play was let up by Cary Williams our "pro bowl corner" and already put them in field goal range.

He is still having issues with line up 10 yards off and give them a decent gain, or press them and let them beat you deep all while showboating after the receiver who had a yard of separation drops the pass. Last time I checked being voted into the pro-bowl didn't mean as much as it used to. People just look at the INT and tackle stats and click to vote.

What was it two years ago where a player who missed almost the entire season was nearly voted in? Stop saying that Cary is a good corner. He has made progress since the beginning of the season but still makes huge mistakes.

Edited by dhstandard, 10 December 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#2 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,074 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

No, you're right 100%. Kruger has played pretty well these past few weeks. He has stepped up his game. I have been impressed by him. With that said, that play in the Steelers is not the only bone-headed decision he has made. Kruger has really hurt us with penalties at inopportune times. It's pretty silly.

#3 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,358 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

I was at the game they showed Ray on the scoreboard to fire up the fans, he was yelling 'screen, screen' and whomever was calling the D, missed it and Heath Miller caught a screen pass for 23 yards,
Posted Image

#4 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

I was at the game they showed Ray on the scoreboard to fire up the fans, he was yelling 'screen, screen' and whomever was calling the D, missed it and Heath Miller caught a screen pass for 23 yards,

That's actually pretty big. Just goes to show the impact Ray actually has on the defense. I wouldn't expect Ellerbe or McClain to recognize plays even a fraction as well as Ray Lewis does.

#5 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,753 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

it's in our past now.

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 10 December 2012 - 09:47 PM.

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users