138 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,239 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

The head coach made the coaching change after conversations with the team's senior leadership.

View the full article

#2 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

John finally did the right thing.

#3 Gashman

Gashman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Steve said, " it's you or Cam, quit wasting our Offensive talent"

#4 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,506 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

Steve said, " it's you or Cam, quit wasting our Offensive talent"

I pick John. It would suck if Cam was the head coach.

#5 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

proud of you harbs. now tell jim to hand the ball to rice leach and pierce like 40 times a game and than tell o-line coach andy moeller to get his you know what together

#6 a 31fan

a 31fan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Well Joe, you made him fire his best buddy....its all on you now, no more scape goat.

#7 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Let's go out there and let Flacco just do his thing. If he plays against the Broncos the way he played in the first half of the last game then we should be golden.

#8 djdave1984

djdave1984

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

Now that I sit back and think about the whole season almost completed..

It is a blessing in disguise for ravens fans and team as a whole..Because of Joe's average play this year he will be give an average contract not a 100 million one..Which could have almost broke the ravens financially and we would have left with signing all the undrafted players at every other position..

#9 fusuymada

fusuymada

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

Consulted team's leader but not Flacco. Isn't this part of the problem that Cam didn't take input from Flacco yet here our head coach is doing the same thing. Can't see the cost for the trees. Flacco needs to lead this offense and when you sit and talk about the offensive coordinator with a linebacker and safety you are defeating what needs to be built up. Flacco will lead when someone lets him but when you yank the reins out of his hands by showing the team as the head coach you don't think he is a leader then how is the rest of the team supposed to believe it. Poor poor personal relationship and human skills and leadership training would go a long way for Harbaugh.

#10 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

I think he made the decision to say, "yes sir, whatever you say Mr. Biscotti, sir." That's about it. ;) I don't think he was the one that said, "we need to get rid of Cam Cameron." I just think he knew better than to fight it.

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#11 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Dont know why they got Cam anyway! He coached a team to a one win season and that win was against the Ravens because billick decided to call timeout instead of letting Troy Smith take the ball into the endzone! The Ravens have too many weapons and Caldwell can knock the dust off of them! Williams and Doss to name a few, along with the Usual Suspects! Boldin, Smith, Jones, Dickson and Pitta! "Shootout at M$T Coral" Sunday!

#12 EpicRavensfan2!

EpicRavensfan2!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

It was either Harbaugh or cameron (cameron and harbaugh would've both been fired if we didn't make the post-season)

#13 Thunderous Heart

Thunderous Heart

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

This is where we find out if this is our franchise Quarterback. Joe Flacco, if you truly are elite, prove it to me with the remainder of the season. No more "rookie mistakes."

#14 Coyotesings

Coyotesings

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

To a degree, it sucks that Cam got fired after one of the better offensive showings from the Ravens, but this loss highlights Cam's greatest shortcoming. Once we're beating a team, we tend to take our foot off their throat; Cam got soft. We need an OC willing to draw not just first blood, but 4 quarters worth of blood. It is time our offense started doing some damage, and kept doing damage until the game is done.

#15 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,091 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

Monday's move came after a game on the road where the offense put up 28 points, one of the finer showings on the road of the season. The Ravens came up short, but Harbaugh said the move wasn't related to one specific issue or incident from Sunday's game.

"It's not that," he said. "I think that's really important to point out. It'd be real easy to go the route that is saying it's a result of something and somebody is taking the blame for something. It is not that. People are going to believe what they want to believe.

^ say what you want coach but you can't spin this one because we all have eyes and i have witnessed firsthand the ineptitude and ultra conservative play calling from Cam Cameron. this game was just icing on the cake! now that he is gone...let's move forward! unleash Joe Flacco, Ray Rice, Vonta Leach, Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin, Jacoby Jones, Dennis Pitta and Ed Dickson and the rest of the crew and lets give defense fits for the rest of the season and throughout the playoffs!

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 10 December 2012 - 08:29 PM.

#16 rayvnmania

rayvnmania

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

Firing Cam is a good start. Now what can we do to get the defensive backs on the same page ? They have been horrible the last few weeks ! Old Charlie Batch should have beaten us worse than he did. Then we need to get our receivers to run better routes so Joe doesn't need to throw into double and triple coverage all the time. Then we need to get Joe to stop throwing high off his back foot on simple out patterns before he gets someone seriously hurt. Then we need to get our defensive lineman to get their hands up on passing downs. If you're not getting to the QB at least get your hands up.

#17 Barney S

Barney S

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

This will prove if Cam was not utilizing his players correctly and not calling the right plays. Not so much about Joe Flacco. Protect him and we have seen what happens.

#18 dwhravens

dwhravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

I don't buy it. The announcers just said yeaterday they talked to flacco and he and cameron had different philosophies. Now caldwell is saying there's a change in philosphy not scheme. 1 plus 1= 2. Respect ur audience john, please. We aren't idiots. That said, this shoulda been done a long time ago. P.s. oher is not a left tackle. Start there!

Edited by dwhravens, 10 December 2012 - 08:39 PM.

#19 Jfravens

Jfravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Great decition, Mr. Steve was involved for sure, well done harghbaugh its the best for our team and trust me you will become more powerfull in our team as the leader you already are,( told ya Harghbaugh had what it takes), J. Caldwell is a BEAST and we will make our Offense an elite one im really happy i really am, ahh AND i assume this is really scaring MR. Pees... JUST SAYIN'... GO ravens!!

#20 firststatefan

firststatefan

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Harb did nt have much choice of Cam or Joe after the " Pay him the money " statement aregarding the first game, and Joe's contract.

He would look mighty stupid recanting that call.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users