Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] John Harbaugh: Decision Is Mine, Joe Flacco Not Consulted

148 posts in this topic

The head coach made the coaching change after conversations with the team's senior leadership.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/John-Harbaugh-Decision-Is-Mine-Joe-Flacco-Not-Consulted/9f05606b-c248-46b9-890d-cc90d068506a]View the full article[/url]

[quote name='Gashman' timestamp='1355186166' post='1256878']
Steve said, " it's you or Cam, quit wasting our Offensive talent"
[/quote]
I pick John. It would suck if Cam was the head coach.

proud of you harbs. now tell jim to hand the ball to rice leach and pierce like 40 times a game and than tell o-line coach andy moeller to get his you know what together

Let's go out there and let Flacco just do his thing. If he plays against the Broncos the way he played in the first half of the last game then we should be golden.

Now that I sit back and think about the whole season almost completed..

It is a blessing in disguise for ravens fans and team as a whole..Because of Joe's average play this year he will be give an average contract not a 100 million one..Which could have almost broke the ravens financially and we would have left with signing all the undrafted players at every other position..

Consulted team's leader but not Flacco. Isn't this part of the problem that Cam didn't take input from Flacco yet here our head coach is doing the same thing. Can't see the cost for the trees. Flacco needs to lead this offense and when you sit and talk about the offensive coordinator with a linebacker and safety you are defeating what needs to be built up. Flacco will lead when someone lets him but when you yank the reins out of his hands by showing the team as the head coach you don't think he is a leader then how is the rest of the team supposed to believe it. Poor poor personal relationship and human skills and leadership training would go a long way for Harbaugh.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I think he made the decision to say, "yes sir, whatever you say Mr. Biscotti, sir." That's about it. [/font][/color] ;)[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] I don't think he was the one that said, "we need to get rid of Cam Cameron." I just think he knew better than to fight it.[/font][/color]

Dont know why they got Cam anyway! He coached a team to a one win season and that win was against the Ravens because billick decided to call timeout instead of letting Troy Smith take the ball into the endzone! The Ravens have too many weapons and Caldwell can knock the dust off of them! Williams and Doss to name a few, along with the Usual Suspects! Boldin, Smith, Jones, Dickson and Pitta! "Shootout at M$T Coral" Sunday!

This is where we find out if this is our franchise Quarterback. Joe Flacco, if you truly are elite, prove it to me with the remainder of the season. No more "rookie mistakes."

To a degree, it sucks that Cam got fired after one of the better offensive showings from the Ravens, but this loss highlights Cam's greatest shortcoming. Once we're beating a team, we tend to take our foot off their throat; Cam got soft. We need an OC willing to draw not just first blood, but 4 quarters worth of blood. It is time our offense started doing some damage, and kept doing damage until the game is done.

[i]Monday's move came after a game on the road where the offense put up 28 points, one of the finer showings on the road of the season. The Ravens came up short, but [u][b]Harbaugh said the move wasn't related to one specific issue or incident from Sunday's game.[/b][/u]

[u][b]"It's not that," he said. "I think that's really important to point out.[/b][/u] It'd be real easy to go the route that is saying it's a result of something and somebody is taking the blame for something. It is not that. [u][b]People are going to believe what they want to believe.[/b][/u][/i]

^ say what you want coach but you can't spin this one because we all have eyes and i have witnessed firsthand the ineptitude and ultra conservative play calling from Cam Cameron. this game was just icing on the cake! now that he is gone...let's move forward! unleash Joe Flacco, Ray Rice, Vonta Leach, Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin, Jacoby Jones, Dennis Pitta and Ed Dickson and the rest of the crew and lets give defense fits for the rest of the season and throughout the playoffs!

~Mili

Firing Cam is a good start. Now what can we do to get the defensive backs on the same page ? They have been horrible the last few weeks ! Old Charlie Batch should have beaten us worse than he did. Then we need to get our receivers to run better routes so Joe doesn't need to throw into double and triple coverage all the time. Then we need to get Joe to stop throwing high off his back foot on simple out patterns before he gets someone seriously hurt. Then we need to get our defensive lineman to get their hands up on passing downs. If you're not getting to the QB at least get your hands up.

This will prove if Cam was not utilizing his players correctly and not calling the right plays. Not so much about Joe Flacco. Protect him and we have seen what happens.

I don't buy it. The announcers just said yeaterday they talked to flacco and he and cameron had different philosophies. Now caldwell is saying there's a change in philosphy not scheme. 1 plus 1= 2. Respect ur audience john, please. We aren't idiots. That said, this shoulda been done a long time ago. P.s. oher is not a left tackle. Start there!

Great decition, Mr. Steve was involved for sure, well done harghbaugh its the best for our team and trust me you will become more powerfull in our team as the leader you already are,( told ya Harghbaugh had what it takes), J. Caldwell is a BEAST and we will make our Offense an elite one im really happy i really am, ahh AND i assume this is really scaring MR. Pees... JUST SAYIN'... GO ravens!!

Harb did nt have much choice of Cam or Joe after the " Pay him the money " statement aregarding the first game, and Joe's contract.

He would look mighty stupid recanting that call.

[quote name='1kings17:1-6' timestamp='1355190228' post='1257019']
Great decision! Now we can let Flacco go at the end of the season and start fresh on the offensive side of the ball.
[/quote]

If he continues to tank in the fourth quarter (or OT), that just might happen.

Getting in the playoffs without any real chance to win the bling is good for nothing: you don't win anything, still come opn the clock in the draft late... The way things look now, we'll once again be about the 26-28 region in the draft order. That means no chance of getting a hot player unless Ozzie trades up which we all know he won't do. And, while we also know Ozzie has a knack for finding real value in the late first round-early second round, it would be good to have real hot rookies who can be key players right off the bat just once, for a change... A Von Miller, JJ Watt, RGIII-type rookie...

Unfortunately, we should suck for a whole season for that - and no sane fan wants his team to suck.

We're not Indy Colts fans. right?

bio

[quote name='fusuymada' timestamp='1355186891' post='1256906']
Consulted team's leader but not Flacco. Isn't this part of the problem that Cam didn't take input from Flacco yet here our head coach is doing the same thing. Can't see the cost for the trees. Flacco needs to lead this offense and when you sit and talk about the offensive coordinator with a linebacker and safety you are defeating what needs to be built up. Flacco will lead when someone lets him but when you yank the reins out of his hands by showing the team as the head coach you don't think he is a leader then how is the rest of the team supposed to believe it. Poor poor personal relationship and human skills and leadership training would go a long way for Harbaugh.
[/quote]

This is probably the most ridiculous take I have ever read on these message boards. No one is saying he consulted Ray and Ed about the move to dump Cam. They were referencing MANAGEMENT higher ups like...um, let's think...the owner, the GM, and so forth. Harbaugh is an excellent leader as shown by how he managed this delicate situation. He's done nothing but win despite a continual exodus of talented coaches and players on an annual basis. Give me and Harbs a break!

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, December 11, 2012 - Profanity, member warned · Report post

I think what bothers me more than if Cam wasn't fired is the way Harbaugh and Flacco deal with the losses. Each week they come on after the game looking sedated and say "this is the NFL, a loss is a loss and we have to get better". See you later ! That's BS ! There isn't any passion or concern. You don't see it on the field during the game and you don't see it in the locker room or press area. Bisciotti needs to light those guys up. You don't see Tom Coughlin or Belicheck standing on the sideline with their hands in their pockets when their team isn't playing well. There is hell to pay and they motivate their players.

I still dont think [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]harbaugh is safe. He already had his players turned on him, now he fired a coach.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Who is really in control here?[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So if Rice needs to run the ball, as head coach why arent you going to the guy you hired and telling him this is what is has to be, this is what I want? [/font][/color]

We will never know the Real story ever and we will never know exactly how Flacco feels about the Firing. The only way you would know is if you knew Flacco on a personal level or if you were his teammate.

Steve Bisciotti made this call, no doubt in my mind. If it didn't, Harbaugh when asked would have said "no this was my decision and my decision alone". Here's the way it more than likely went down over the phone last night:

JH: Hello
SB: You either do it or I'll do it for you.
JH: Do what Steve ?
SB: You know what. Get rid of Cam 1st thing tomorrow or I will. And if I have to do it, you're next.
JH: I understand.
SB: I don't think you do John or you would have handled business after the Pittsburgh game like I recommended a couple of weeks ago. I'm done with excuses, I want results.
JH: It's done.
SB: (click)