Upcoming Events:  Lil Ravens Camp      Training Camp Stadium Practices      Movie Night   

Photo

[News] Ailing Defense Could Get Terrell Suggs, Ray Lewis Back Sunday

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,771 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Pro Bowl right guard Marshal Yanda has a "somewhat serious ankle sprain."

View the full article

#2 GO_Ravens

GO_Ravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

I just feel that this OC change will boost this team both offensively and defensively especially with key players returning on defense defiantly by playoff time. Can't wait for Sunday

#3 Ravens559

Ravens559

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

we should rest them til playoffs.. think about it....let all of our backups gain more experience nd get better and also chris johnson as well... let flacco put the team on his shoulders and play out for his contract.. i guarantee cutting cameron could help us determine what flacco's worth really is based on performance under that type of pressure. that serves as a great measuring tool to how much to pay him compared to other QB's who experienced that..(aaron rodgers, eli manning )

#4 Sir Guayul

Sir Guayul

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

I have seen your posts regarding Cam Cameron calls are very predictable, I agree with you people, I expect with this adjustments our guys in the deff can rest more time during the game because our deff are falling in the injuries because too manies 3 and out and fixing the offensive issues with more creativity certainly will change the 3rd plays

#5 Ravens559

Ravens559

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

also i was thinking too what good would it do if we played them and still lost? we be back even more because we could have made them more healthy than just aggravate it. i remember this article i read about todd heap about a 2 years ago when he was recovering, he quoted 'i've been in this situation and rushed back to play and ended up not only was i under peforming but also i was re-aggravating the injury and had to get surgery and was out for the season"... those werent his exact words but you get the point

#6 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

We've missed Ellerbie badly. we need Dannelle back this week, especially if we've lost McClain.

#7 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

If Yanda is unable to go, are we going to continue to keep McKinnie out? Our o-line is a bit of a mess.

I know Williams came in for Yanda, but who was our other guard? Is Harewood still playing that position?

#8 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Hard-Ball wasn't kidding about filling up the injury reports from now on.. goodness gracious lol

#9 WLARavensFan

WLARavensFan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

@Balfan, if Yanda is out my guess is we'd move Oher back over to right tackle, bring McKinnie back in on left tackle, and put KO at right guard. Harewood was playing initially but he couldn't hang and got pulled after five or six games (I think it was about then). I think Harewood just needs more time. He wasn't ready to be a starter.

#10 WLARavensFan

WLARavensFan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

@Balfan....or Bobbie Williams will come in for Yanda. I wasn't sure if they'd put him in, because I think he's been battling injuries and lacking the stamina to play for all four quarters, but you never know.

#11 EpicRavensfan2!

EpicRavensfan2!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Yanda is INJURED NOOOOO!! The homeless lumberjack was my favorite O-linemen.... Oher sucks on the blindeisde Osemele is a rookie and Reid looks like crap. Birk is old but is still pretty good.

#12 EpicRavensfan2!

EpicRavensfan2!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

This defense isn't ailing it's dying. It was HORRIBLE last week.

#13 ravens7575

ravens7575

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

Our offense will be rejuvenated after Cam's firing and the defense will be rejuvenated by the return of Ray and T-Sizzle. The Broncos won't know what hit 'em! Let's Go Ravens!!!

#14 mdbear

mdbear

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Really would be nice to see T-Sizzle back on the field he was making a difference. Ray Lewis would be a nice bonus. It is the right time, if they stay healthy they both could be getting into a groove right about playoff time.

#15 Shaky End of the Quarter

Shaky End of the Quarter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

I know I shouldn't be this pessimistic especially after we got an early Christmas gift from the front office. Thanks for the change it was well over due.

I personally am not all excited about seeing Lewis and Suggs back. IMO rest them at least till week 17 and that is depending on what the playoff picture looks like by then. If the Squeelers and Bengals loose one game each we clinch the division and that is all we can hope for these days. If that happens Ray and Suggs should be kept for the playoffs.

Boys and girls you got to face the music: the #2 seed and the BYE are completely out of the picture now that we lost to Batch and Cousins. There is no reason to rush these guys back in.

And like I said in another post: Unfortunately Lewis is 37 years old, yes he is superman, yes he is the most intelligent and inspirational player that has ever played defense but we have to admit that his days of dominating as MLB are over, his body can barely keep up. These days he is merely a source of inspiration for the rest to play better. I rather see him inspire the group in January than in December.

Suggs has been one of the biggest disappointments this year, (I know he is coming off a serious injury) but ever since he notched the first sack at HOU his presence has not been felt. I can remember his performance at PITT the first time, COMPLETELY UNINSPIRED he put ZERO pressure on a 2nd string QB behind one of the most depleted OL in all the NFL (PHILLY being the only one that is worse, and maybe ARIZONA). He couldnt even chase down Byron Leftwich for crying out loud who probably ran the 40-yd dash in well over 10 seconds at the combine. In the 2nd PITT game I saw him getting pushed around and spending more time on the turf than see him put in good 2nd efforts to go after a 37 year old 3rd string QB.

There is little these 2 will be able to do to stop Peyton this week so don't even bother.

#16 throwback2000

throwback2000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

If Suggs, and Lewis return this Sunday, we won't be at a loss for leadership. However, both are shells of themselves physically for different and obvious reasons. We will need every able body going forward. As for Yanda and the o-line, we have been playing musical chairs all season. If Yanda can't go: McKinnie, Osemele/Williams, Birk, Osemele, and Oher. Reid may be better on the right side. Good Luck Ravens! All of the ticket holders will be there.

#17 rayvnmania

rayvnmania

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

Well you better have some speed in the linebacker position because they'll be covering receivers as Manning exploits them. I still count on Ray for stopping the run, but covering receivers he's very suspect. He probably would of kept the Redskins from getting the two points.

#18 12thmandynasty

12thmandynasty

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

What about Ellerbe is he expected to go this week

#19 ravensfan2424

ravensfan2424

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

If Yanda is out, I'd expect a huge shift in the line. The best protection option IMO without Yanda would be:

Mckinnie-Reid-Birk-Osmele-Oher

Still think they need to get Gino some snaps at Center. Birk is getting too old to stop NT's

#20 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,389 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

Gino has been a dud in preseason. He wont do much this late in the season imo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users