131 replies to this topic

#1 acosta2277

acosta2277

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

With Cam Cameron fired, is Dean Pees next to get fired? I really want him fired. I know its not a "nice" thing to say, but i want him to never have a coaching job down to the pop-Warner level ever again. He has taken this once "Great" defense and made them horrific. Ill give him a little slack we have a bunch of injuries. But even at our healthiest, our defense was still nearly invisible. The bottom line is that, were making major adjustments to our coaching staff, and Dean Pees needs to be apart of one of our adjustments.

#2 rlh445

rlh445

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Pfff, Pees has done a great job considering the best player on our defense was out before the first snap of the season and our two greatest players in Suggs and Ray Lewis haven't seen a single snap together this year in the regular season. 'Bunch of injuries' doesn't really cover starting the third, fourth, fifth CBs, LBs who are really STers, your All Pro DT being hurt most of the season and horrible linebacking corps. it's a miracle we aren't getting blown out like we did against Houston every game. Give credit where it's due, Pees is doing a heck of a job.

Edited by rlh445, 13 December 2012 - 04:50 PM.

This is football, not teacups with the Queen.

#3 tctony

tctony

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Lets hope.

He is very bad. His scheme is "LEAVE THE OTHER TEAM WIDE OPEN"

GO RAVENS!

Posted Image

#4 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Pfff, Pees has done a great job considering the best player on our defense was out before the first snap of the season and our two greatest players in Suggs and Ray Lewis haven't seen a single snap together this year in the regular season. 'Bunch of injuries' doesn't really cover starting the third, fourth, fifth CBs, LBs who are really STers, your All Pro NT being hurt most of the season and horrible linebacking corps. it's a miracle we aren't getting blown out like we did against Houston every game. Give credit where it's due, Pees is doing a heck of a job.

Thank you,
Any non-Ravens fan looks at our defense and says "Who is that" We have a squad full of 2nd stringers and injured ex pro bowlers. Very few exceptions to that man. I'm not saying that he's as good as Chuck was, nor am I a Dean Pees fan but he's done everything he can do. And players are responding to his efforts, look at Author Jones out there balling now. Paul Kruger looking like a promising pass rusher again.

z66oxxi.jpg

#5 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

NO! I cannott blame him for all the injuries. I am pretty sure we would be a top three unit at full health!
Banned

#6 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,789 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

So you want the players to learn an all new defense once again? Pees gets a pass this season, if he can't do anything when our D is healthy and our top players are out there then we can discuss firing him.

#7 tctony

tctony

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

Everyone saying he is doing a good job... We had everybody at the beginning of the season and the defense still sucked. Pees is Mattison 2.0. Zone coverage does not work for the Ravens. WRs on the other team are always wide open.

Edited by tctony, 10 December 2012 - 06:49 PM.

GO RAVENS!

Posted Image

#8 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

So you want the players to learn an all new defense once again? Pees gets a pass this season, if he can't do anything when our D is healthy and our top players are out there then we can discuss firing him.

Enthusiastically Seconded!
Banned

#9 Warren2621

Warren2621

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

Why would anyone want to keep him? Remember when Rex was here, and the defense actually strategically blitzed from different angles with a purpose? That doesnt happen anymore. Its a four man rush, whichever four players it doesnt matter, but we are sitting back in zone, hoping that three 300 pounders +suggs/kruger can generate a rush. I wanna see aggressive defense again. It doesnt matter which players we have and dont have, there are still PLENTY of players left that can run a complex and successful scheme.

Rushing four is not Ravens football.

#10 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

Everyone saying he is doing a good job... We had everybody at the beginning of the season and the defense still sucked. Pees is Mattison 2.0. Zone coverage does not work for the Ravens. WRs on the other team are always wide open.

It is hard to play man to man when your two best man to man CBs are out, and you have trash with Cary Williams in. Move Grahm ahead next season, draft a man to man DB
Banned

#11 tctony

tctony

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

It is hard to play man to man when your two best man to man CBs are out, and you have trash with Cary Williams in. Move Grahm ahead next season, draft a man to man DB

Cary is not trash. Cary is the 2nd best corner on this team with everyone healthy.

GO RAVENS!

Posted Image

#12 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

Why would anyone want to keep him? Remember when Rex was here, and the defense actually strategically blitzed from different angles with a purpose? That doesnt happen anymore. Its a four man rush, whichever four players it doesnt matter, but we are sitting back in zone, hoping that three 300 pounders +suggs/kruger can generate a rush. I wanna see aggressive defense again. It doesnt matter which players we have and dont have, there are still PLENTY of players left that can run a complex and successful scheme.

I hear you man... But Rex Ryan had some of the best defensive talent this league has ever seen. His Jets defense is having the same issues as our defense is having.

One can be as fancy as they want to be with their blitzes, but if your defenders don't reach the QB the defense is getting scorched.

z66oxxi.jpg

#13 rlh445

rlh445

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Mattison fielded a top 10 defense during his tenure, so I hope Pees is the second, upgraded version. Zone coverage has worked fine for us in the past. Stop being a 'what have you done for me lately' fan.

#14 rlh445

rlh445

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Yea, I do remember when Rex did that. I also remember it getting us straight torched every which way but up as well. Nobody EVER wants to talk about THAT aspect of 'Organized Chaos' though. Pfft. Rex Ryan had one of the most prolific defenses in the history of football to work with, if he tried using that same strategy with the guys we have now no amount of points scored by the offense would be enough. Take off the Rex/blitz/Ravens 2000 defense shades, guys!

#15 EnVy_CaLiBeR

EnVy_CaLiBeR

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

No. Pees can't be faulted for injuries and for the fact that our D-Line outside of Ngata is so sub-par that it isn't even funny. Load up on defense through the Draft/FA and see what he can do with a healthy defense.

"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream.."-- EAP

CJ_Mosley.jpg

#16 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

Yea, I do remember when Rex did that. I also remember it getting us straight torched every which way but up as well. Nobody EVER wants to talk about THAT aspect of 'Organized Chaos' though. Pfft. Rex Ryan had one of the most prolific defenses in the history of football to work with, if he tried using that same strategy with the guys we have now no amount of points scored by the offense would be enough. Take off the Rex/blitz/Ravens 2000 defense shades, guys!

I don't even bring that up because most wont acknowledge it lol. This was the reason we always lost to Peyton, he read the blitzes and picked us apart.

z66oxxi.jpg

#17 tctony

tctony

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Mattison fielded a top 10 defense during his tenure, so I hope Pees is the second, upgraded version. Zone coverage has worked fine for us in the past. Stop being a 'what have you done for me lately' fan.

Mattison coasted off the immense talent we had. His Ravens defense was terrible compared to what he came before and after him.

NFL - Not for long. You're judged by what you've done lately. Lately i.e. this entire season, Pees has had a lackluster scheme and his defense can't make a critical stop, ever. Prevent defense on the 2 yard line? SMH.

GO RAVENS!

Posted Image

#18 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,718 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

I'd like him gone. The massive amount of injuries has certainly not helped him any, but Pees' scheme is just wrong. The Ravens defense should be really aggressively, and with our corners we should be player press-man coverage. Zone defense does not work in today's league, especially when your pass rush is essentially non-existent. These quarterbacks are too good nowadays, they will carve up a zone defense if they have the time.

#19 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,962 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

He's not who I want gone next. I have a couple, one being our o line coach.

#20 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

He's not who I want gone next. I have a couple, one being our o line coach.

andy moeller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users