16 replies to this topic

#1 PSG_Mud

PSG_Mud

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

I really cannot get into any discussion without threads and posts flying all over the place and everywhere almost instantly, and I don't even post that much. Forum as a result is nothing more than a binder of disconbobulated irrelavent communication. Not so much as frustrating, but, rather seems absurdly ridiculas whenever I am compelled to visit these forums. I ask myself why I visit these forums, probably the psychology of it being the official forum. But, most of the best topics and conversations I read online about the Ravens or NFL are almost never on this forum.

Also, aesthetically post space is to blocky making posts per page almost a chore to sort through. There really isn't aesthetic room for side to side text.

Edited by PSG_Mud, 10 December 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#2 Guest_Moderator 6_*

Guest_Moderator 6_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

Any particular suggestions on what we can do better?

#3 PSG_Mud

PSG_Mud

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

Although I appreciate a very hastely response, I think that showcases how abundantly available the mods are to insigificant communications. I understand mods are import for certain things. But, a laissez-faire approach, and more rules for the mods themselves would be approriate.

I mean, if other forums are representing the communities of NFL teams, you have zero control over the flow of communication. If I make a post on another forum about something controvesally negative about the Ravens, it would be much easier to contain damage control, if the thread was viral here, rather than else where. It just doesn't seem like a good buisness practice to discombobulate the forum, and its been happening for years here. I may be wrong, that may be what you guys want. But, this is feedback, it is what it is.

#4 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,151 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

Id rather see too much moderation as opposed to not enough. The mods do a good job, even if I don't always agree.

#5 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

The fact that this kind of topic was able to get through proves that they dont over moderate. Roger Goodell over moderates, our guys do a great job.

1Untitled_zps8afd95ac.pngbench_zps0a7ce32d.jpg

#6 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,116 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Although I appreciate a very hastely response, I think that showcases how abundantly available the mods are to insigificant communications. I understand mods are import for certain things. But, a laissez-faire approach, and more rules for the mods themselves would be approriate.

We've eased up over the past year. We used to be much stricter.

Long story short, as the OFFICIAL message board of the Ravens, we're held to a much higher standard.

Posted Image

#7 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

I will agree there are some topics I would appreciate the ability to have a civilized discussion about -- civilized being the key word. Unfortunately, this being a family-oriented site, I can understand how some subject matter would not be permissible. Not to brag, but I consider myself an intellectual being (stop snickering!), although I don't show it most of the time, but such is the way of the forums. They are supposed to be fun, but it would be nice to have an intellectual conversation with other intellectuals outside of PMs.

I don't know a way around this issue, but that is just my thoughts.

I will close by saying that I feel the Moderators do a great job given their 'assignment/s' as it were and I don't have any complaints about any of them.

If you ladies & gents don't hear it from the Ravens front office -- great work! Keep it up!

~ Cosmic

AND THEY SHALL KNOW NO GOOD OR PEACE, NOR SHALL THEIR SUFFERING EVER CEASE
logout.png
UNTIL THEY HUMBLY COME & BEG FOR MERCY ON THEIR KNEES, WHICH I MAY GRANT IF I SHOULD PLEASE

#8 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,108 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

Thanks for the kind words. And to think that just the other day we had a complaint that we weren't modding strictly enough and too many threads were morphing into discussions of our offensive challenges.
10wmids.jpg

#9 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Thanks for the kind words. And to think that just the other day we had a complaint that we weren't modding strictly enough and too many threads were morphing into discussions of our offensive challenges.

No need to thank me, they are well-deserved. I do not envy you in the least, win or lose, it seems there is always someone 'drunk on ego' that needs to be policed like some weird internet form of public intoxication.

"You can please all of the people some of the time, and you can please some of the people all of the time. But you will never please all of the people all of the time."

~ Cosmic

logout.png
UNTIL THEY HUMBLY COME & BEG FOR MERCY ON THEIR KNEES, WHICH I MAY GRANT IF I SHOULD PLEASE

#10 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

I'll bet your hand were full this morning when the news broke about Cam !
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#11 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,385 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

Uh a day without a Fire Cam thread? Thanks for the feedback guys we do try our best, We loosened up a lot and paired down the wall of text known as the Code of Conduct, threads do get merged but many times several people have the same idea at the same time especially when news breaks or after a game.
Posted Image

#12 PSG_Mud

PSG_Mud

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

Long story short, as the OFFICIAL message board of the Ravens, we're held to a much higher standard.

From my casual experience, its about the same. Filling threads with redundant topics/posts, discombulating a thread itself, breaking up conversation, etc. That isn't a higher standard. A higher standard would be to delete or move conversational "spam" or redundancy to another subsection designed for trash, not fill your very own threads with it.

Have you ever visited a forum, where many of the posts there are bots/spam, that it is difficult to find actual conversation going on. It's not that much different here. Not suprised a guy like H8R doesn't mind that sort of thing, since hes alot more active than someone like me. Since he has probably seen most every post/topic going on, and he knows where the conversation is, he probably recognizes other posters quite often. Naturally, he would have a unique perspective than probably most people that view the forums.

Edited by PSG_Mud, 10 December 2012 - 08:45 PM.

#13 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

Yes. I remember how bad it was before.
But now, there's no problem. I have accounts on several NFL-related and non-related boards and Youtube, and these are by FAR my favorite.
It's just right. It also doesn't help that I could barely understand the OP.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#14 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,116 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

From my casual experience, its about the same. Filling threads with redundant topics/posts, discombulating a thread itself, breaking up conversation, etc. That isn't a higher standard. A higher standard would be to delete or move conversational "spam" or redundancy to another subsection designed for trash, not fill your very own threads with it.

I understand that the perspective of a casual visitor is different than that of a regular, but it's difficult to cater to both audiences. It's difficult to allow everyone to have their say while avoiding redundancy because, frankly, there will always be someone who'll make the same exact point but with slight degrees of variation.

We'll certainly take your feedback under advisement but we can't promise we'll please everyone.

Posted Image

#15 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

I'm going with Franny on this one. Seems like there is always a mass influx whenever the fans require a 'sacrifice'. How many Justin Tucker/Billy Cundiff threads were there? I'd say in the neighborhood of thirty. "Fire Cam Cameron" threads should cease to exist after today, but that is only going to open the door for more "Fire Joe Flacco" and "Hire Norv Turner" threads (which I've seen several of those already).

Perhaps an idea for the Mods would be to just pin threads with players & coaches names and leave that for ALL discussions pertaining to that individual? Maybe even create a separate sub-directory. Not to mention, it would be a great place for players to go and see how the fans feel about their performances.

~ Cosmic
That'll be $20!

logout.png

#16 cursona pirate

cursona pirate

Pickle Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,074 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

I <3 these forums. Its like a second home!

12540_520124434672144_755007992_n.jpg

Go San Jose Sharks and Baltimore Orioles as well!!!

#17 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,167 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Cosmic has the right idea re a couple of players. Flacco needs a thread pinned to the top of ravens talk and any other thread relating to him gets shoved in there.

Keep all the [profanity deleted] in one pile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users