5. Matt Ryan

Rookie of the year Candidates

1. RG3

2. Andrew Luck

3. Doug Martin

4. Russel Wilson

5. Alfred Morris

MVP Winner- Peyton Manning projected- 12-4 record--4600yds 40 td 12 int

Rookie Of the Year- Doug Martin- Projected stats- 1500yds rushing 13tds///450 yards receiving 2td.

Peyton is doing great this year he has 30 tds and only 10 ints(he usually throws more) and he still has 3 games left (im sure he will have a stat frenzy against us next week lol). And his Broncos are atop their division and practically the AFC. Although I would personally like to see Calvin Johnson get MVP if he breaks Jerry Rices record which he only needs 300 more yards to do which is cake for him, or adrain peterson who is dominating this year and poised to go over 2000yds. BUT its a qb driven league and they always give the award to them

I havent seen a rookie runner accumulate the stats Dougernaut has since Chris Johnson back in his rookie campaign in 2008 (1200+yds 9 tds). Doug is on pace for 1500 yards which would be a top 3 in the entire league. He also is tied with our own ray rice for third in rushing scores with 9. I jsut think he is a dominating back who has a hell of a future ahead of him and he really shocked the league this year. I dont think there has been more of a statistical monster than him (correct me if im wrong). I like andrew luck and Rg3 but Luck has 18tds and 18interceptions, and Rg3 is on an average team as far as records go. Im sure it will be between Rg3 Luck, and russell wilson. But I think I speak for alot of people when I say it should be the Dougernaut!

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#2 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

I honestly wasn't all that impressed with RG3, all he did was manage the game. He under threw a couple wide open receivers and his receivers were always wide open. Personally I would vote Luck or Martin, both were on teams that were worse all around.

#3 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,362 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Manning is my MVP, and I'm giving Luck rookie of year. Manning is obvious, while Luck is taking a former 2-14 team to the playoffs. He has had some CLUTCH moments this season too.

#4 redlobster

redlobster

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

I honestly wasn't all that impressed with RG3, all he did was manage the game. He under threw a couple wide open receivers and his receivers were always wide open. Personally I would vote Luck or Martin, both were on teams that were worse all around.

Exactly my thoughts, I would like to see him do more without relying on the option to fool defenders , sooner rather than later he will have to pocket pass more and not run as much. He has already gotten knocked out vs Atlanta earlier this season and the Ravens knocked him out again. He hasn't even been in the league for an entire season but he has the trademark whine and complain down to the refs.

#5 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

It's ap but a mile if he's on a playoff team. What he's doing with no one around him, after shedding his knee a year ago is unrivalled. Pity for him he's on a crap team. Same could be said about megaton. Playoff team he'd be in contention.

But as it sits you have manning, jj watt although he's quieted a bit, von miller and Aldon smith.

How did you not even mention them? Simth is on 20 sacks with three games left. He's going to beat the sack record.

#6 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

I think it should be AP imo. You take AP off that team, and they lose every game. You take Peyton off the broncos, and they could probably still at least make the playoffs again with Tebow or whoever at QB, mainly because of that defense. AP is the Vikings. He will probably get over 2000 yards, and has a chance to break the record is he averages about 169 yards a game.

As far as ROY goes, I'm sure Rg3 or Luck will win. Luck has taken his team from a 2-14 team to a playoff team, but also has 17 TDs and 17 INTs. RG3 could be the next Vick, already been injured and taken out of 2 games this year. Martin is a beast, and Russell Wilson has been having a good year too.

Edited by bauer77, 11 December 2012 - 01:36 PM.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#7 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

MVP- J.J Watt or AP.

ROY- Andrew Luck. He has lead the Colts to the playoffs(they are locked in to the 5th seed barring a collapse) and still has his team in contention for the Division. RG3, while yes he has improved the Redskins he was given weapons to work with while Indy cut everyone and gave Luck nobody but Wayne. Luck has done more with so little while RG3 has done less with more.

#8 baroquenspirit

baroquenspirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Russel Wilson should get more respect. The Seahawks never get any national attention but that dude is playing lights out.

#9 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,789 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

Peyton is gonna win both MVP and comeback player of the year...
JJ Watt will win DPOY (watch it be Polomalu again lol)?
Luck will win Rookie of the Year....

#10 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,198 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

While he's having a great rookie season, I don't think RGIII should win the award - for one thing, he inherited a team with a pretty good run defense, and lets not forget the money they spent in the offseason to bring receivers in for him. Luck has ancient Reggie Wayne and two tight ends who might be talented, but they are still first year players. It's hard to really say Morris as well, as before, he has a lot of other weapons around him to take pressure off. Doug Martin also has a ton of weapons around him with Jackson, Williams, and Clark. Russel Wilson deserves a lot more respect since his best weapon is Marshawn Lynch - otherwise I'd say he has Sidney Rice, a guy who is known to take games off, and Tate and Miller who have shown flashes but are also inconsistent.

#11 uhhhh

uhhhh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

What I think is that:
Peyton is gonna win the MVP, but I see Brady also making a case for it.
Luck will be ROY. He gets to much media attention not to win it. Plus that team went through a lot of drama after having the worst record last year. Rebuilding and with Chuck Pegano. People love a "feel good" story.
Russell Wilson would get my vote. I already liked him at Wisconsin, so I'm a bit biased. But his decision making and smarts are already that of a veteran.
AD will get the Comback POY. You can't beat, coming back after ripping two ligaments and rushing for (almost) 2000 yards thus making your place in history by doing that.
J.J. Watt will probally get the DPOY. Also like Luck, he got a lot of media attention this year. Sacks aren't everything as we could see with Sizzle winning it, while Jared Allen had 22 sacks that year. The guy is just a gamechanger.
I'm not touching Coach and Offensive Player of the Year. Too many people that could win it.

Edited by uhhhh, 12 December 2012 - 06:31 PM.

What's wrong with crows? Compared to a poor bird that's been caged and forgotten how to fly, this is much better. "I'm fine with being a crow" -  Harumichi Bouya

#12 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,459 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

I'd give it to AP. What hes doing is amazing, he's goin to break rushing record, I just know he will.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#13 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

I think the ROTY Award will go to either Andrew Luck or Doug Martin. If IND gets humiliated in the playoffs, assuming they get there, I think that would swing the momentum in Martin's favor.

As for MVP, everyone's betting on Peyton Manning winning it. No one else really compares to him, especially in playoff-bound teams.

Honestly, I am surprised that you (Poe) got second. After the draft I thought your team was doomed for failure.

You get used to it. Even posts that don't violate the rules aren't safe.

Ray Guy to the NFL Hall of Fame

#14 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,532 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

Adrian Peterson is the MVP and it's not even close.

Russell Wilson, Doug Martin or Alfred Morris (who is more important to that offense than RGIII) for ROY.

#15 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

Russell Wilson, Doug Martin or Alfred Morris (who is more important to that offense than RGIII) for ROY.

You're forgetting Peyton Manning's star power. It doesn't help that Peterson plays for a mediocre-at-best team, either.

Honestly, I am surprised that you (Poe) got second. After the draft I thought your team was doomed for failure.

You get used to it. Even posts that don't violate the rules aren't safe.

Ray Guy to the NFL Hall of Fame

#16 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,532 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

You're forgetting Peyton Manning's star power. It doesn't help that Peterson plays for a mediocre-at-best team, either.

I'm stating things as they should be. I already know Peyton will win, which is a joke.

#17 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,362 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

If Adrian Peterson breaks Dickerson's record, then he is the MVP. Otherwise, it's either Brady or Manning. Their teams are at least going to the playoffs. Peterson is doing a lot, but with the Vikings basically out of the race he's not doing enough.

#18 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,532 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

If Adrian Peterson breaks Dickerson's record, then he is the MVP. Otherwise, it's either Brady or Manning. Their teams are at least going to the playoffs. Peterson is doing a lot, but with the Vikings basically out of the race he's not doing enough.

I don't agree at all. Brady and Manning have good teams around them and routinely face weak competition. AP is singlehandedly keeping his team alive in a very tough NFC North. That to me is the definition of a player who is the "most valuable."

#19 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

I don't agree at all. Brady and Manning have good teams around them and routinely face weak competition. AP is singlehandedly keeping his team alive in a very tough NFC North. That to me is the definition of a player who is the "most valuable."

completely and in a perfect world yes, but that's not how this works in reality. Manning will win it, he's the star, while he deserve it in a normal year, what Peterson is doing is a one off.

#20 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

It pains me to say this but I think Tom Brady should be MVP. AD, Peyton, and Rodgers would be my runners up in that order.

DPOY I have JJ Watt barely edging out Von Miller.

OROY I would probably give to Russell Wilson. He really turned that franchise around and he gets almost zero recognition for it. He is very good and his team is very underrated. It will probably go to Luck, but he is so so overrated. Doug Martin, Alfred Morris, and of course RG3 should all be in the discussion.

DROY is probably Luke Kuechly just because no one else has really made a big impact and his numbers are impressive. Casey Hayward would be #2.

@gabefergy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users