Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Eisenberg: Timing Of Bold Move Speaks Volumes

164 posts in this topic

This is a dramatic attempt to keep a season of high hopes from possibly going off the rails.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eisenberg-Timing-Of-Bold-Move-Speaks-Volumes/3bbb6598-4504-4720-9a9a-2a117e221708]View the full article[/url]

Didn't Eisenberg just write an article about how this year's team is different after the Chargers game? And how our 9-2 record wasn't cause of Luck? Now all of a sudden, He knew we weren't a Superbowl team this year before the Steelers and Redskins game? Funny

Yes, Mr. Eisenberg. Things sure did get interesting. One thing I know, this is a good organization, the RAVENS made this move I believe with serious deliberation. No matter the struggles, the Ravens are professional, driven and passionate. If I was a betting woman, I would never count them out.

Another Bold decision by Harbs!
Just like Tucker paid off Caldwell will as well!

Even if Caldwell fails, it was still the right decision. We were overdue for a change and the fans have your back!

Maybe Harbs gets the credit but I have a feeling that someone else called this shot. Not
sure who it could be but the initials of SB do come to mind..

[quote name='purple-raven' timestamp='1355170475' post='1256315']
This is an interm move. I bet if (when) Andy Reid become availble the Raven would have him on a plane here before he could pack his desk.
[/quote]Andy Reid is just as bad as Cam. He hates running the ball. Norv Turner would be the likely choice

do your best the rest of the season jim and with that harbaugh and the front office will know if they need to pursue another oc. go ravens!!

I'd be surprised to see Caldwell remain as OC. But...if all goes well from here on out why would we need to change? Can Jim make all the right tweaks? I hope so.

[quote name='crazyboutravens' timestamp='1355170330' post='1256312']
Maybe Harbs gets the credit but I have a feeling that someone else called this shot. Not
sure who it could be but the initials of SB do come to mind..
[/quote]

I agree. I saw the quote in this article "But I can't blame Harbaugh for making the move." and thought, did Harbs really make this move?

Doesn't it seem that Harbs would have demanded from Cam long before this to change his approach? The fact that we continued to operate in a state of confused identity has to lie at least partially at the feet of the HC.

I agree with everything above . . . and, YES, things look a whole lot different for the future . . in a good way! I'll not miss Cam as much as I'll Welcome Caldwell . .

no to andy reid. he wants to be a head coach and would be a 1 and done oc for us. norv has failed 3 times as a hc so landing another hc job is unlikely and he will be a oc for a while.

thank goodness he's gone now onto the other play caller Pees but anyways I expect the Ravens offense to improve a little this year but not to much because I'm sure Caldwell is gonna use the same system as Cameron but next year when Caldwell can install his own plays I'm expecting leaps and bounds of improvement

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Someone get this man a wheelbarrow.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]~ Cosmic[/i][/font]

crazyboutravens

I agree I think Harbaugh was given marching orders. I doubt he has the authority to fire anyone. I'm sure he could suggest then get the go ahead. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. I don't much care.

I'm hoping this puts the fear of the ghost of Johnny U in the hearts of Ozzie, Harbs, Pee's, Joe and a few others.

I get annoyed at small things like Pita catching a pass mid field and going down without a fight or even an attempt to get more yardage. I'm ptoberly the only one who noticed.

The half hearted tackling, the lack of fire the ho hum attitudes adter a loss. I put all that on harbaugh and his over management of players. There is no fire. Other then Bolten and Pollard it's just another day at the office. Where is that fire and determination that used to drive the Ravens. Yes completely unchecked it was a deterent but used wisely it was explosive. It's gone.

aside from not having quick slants and using the middle of the field there wasnt much wrong with cams playbook. all jim has to do is tweak it a little and use slants and attack the middle of the field with pitta and dickson and dont take your foot off the gas pedal when we have a lead than we will be fine. run run run the ball with our 3 backs and let flacco manage the game. the big plays will be there if we stick to what works.

All he has to do is have some sense of playing the situation. Cam Cameron had no idea how to play the chess game. Conservative, predictable, these words barely describe how bad he was at his job. It feels so great to use the past tense there.

It's about time Harbs finally fired that worthless coward... My belief is that he was the main reason this offence was held back. I was growing tired of seeing the same old- same old..week after week... It would not surprise me if we win the rest of our games this season..No ,Really !!!. I want to see Flacco making the calls on the field. If anything, we will see where the problem lies...Its sink or swim from here on out !!@!

I'll go with what Ron Jaw said. The Cam offense had no change ups, no screw balls not a fork ball. Nothing. You have to keep the defense guessing if u can and you have to give your QB a chance to win. No one except Joe knows how much of this was his responsibility. Plus Jim has eyes and so does John. I always wondered how a guy so intelligent in press conferences can make some really bone head mistakes. I think much of it may have come from the HC's orders. I know if my boss asked for such and such and I suggested blah blah blah the his answer is going to be such and such every time.

I think more than anything Caldwell will simplify things make the offense go much smoother. He will run when we are supposed to run and throw when we have to throw. As well as taking the necessary shots and most important he will utilize our players on offense more effectively.

Harbaugh is just trying to save his own job......
We will drop the next three games and the playoff game and end the year with a six game losing streak.........
They are poorly coached on both sides of the ball and yes I (and everybody else) know about the injuries.......... No excuses!!!!!!

Great story, John! In my opininion, you summed up what fans in Baltimore and here - on line - have been trying to say for quite some time.

The Ravens needed a jolt and this will be a good thing - just watch and see.

Best of luck to Cam Cameron in his job search.

Just curious though ...
When the Ravens win the Super Bowl, does Cam get a ring??? ;-)