Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ravens-Giants Game Flexed

30 posts in this topic

The Week 16 matchup at M&T Bank Stadium has been moved to 4:25 p.m.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Giants-Game-Flexed/e23c7723-9f9f-4dc2-ad9b-3e984b644689]View the full article[/url]

OH BOY, that means we won't be able to watch the Giants game on TV here in PA because FOX needs to make more money. I guess we'll be headed into Baltimore to a Ravens Roost somewhere to watch the game.
I HATE THE MEDIA when it comes to commercials. Just too much IMHO.

KidNme this means Pa gets the game. If the game was at 1PM Fox would have shown the Eagles. This is good news!!!

All about the money. more n.f.l. fans to watch the games after the 1 o clock games. tired of these late games Sunday nights too. late games make me sick mainly if it is our team.

Media controlled football ... I hate it.

For me - in Noirway - that means the game will start at 10:25 pm; my local time!!!!

Well, I guess we'll be having another all-nighter-party!!! he heee

Bring it on!

@ KidNme be grateful! I live in Montreal (Quebec) Canada and I pay $200.00 a year (on top of my $100 per month for bell) to have the NFL package just to watch my Ravens play... All we get on TV here is Patriots and Jets games. (barf) I havent mist a game in 4 years and its bin worth every penny ;)

I don't mind when the NFL flexes these games. I can sit back in anticipation and watch other teams play before the Ravens come on. It'll be nice to watch the Pittsburgh game before ours.

WHY !!!!!????? Dumb. I don't care if it gives the RAVENS more coverage. Its not going to convert anyone and i wouldn't want any bandwagon fans anywayz

With the new OC I would like to see McKinnie at left, Osemele, Birk, Yanda, and Oher at right. This alignment should be better than what we have now. Flacco could also help the cause by releasing the ball quicker and stop passing the ball to 2 to 3 yards from the scrimmage line. The percentage of comletion is low and so we should use more of Boldin, Pita, and Jacoby Jones in the crossing patterns (?) but beyond the first down line. The Ravens are overworking Smith by trying to catch Flacco's missiles all afternoon.

1 p.m. or 4:25 p.m., i really don't care which time they play. that doesn't bother me just as long as i get to watch my Ravens ball!

~Mili

Being in Oregon now, I appreciate the flexed games - otherwise I need to have my butt on a barstool at 10AM to catch the opening kickoff.

This flex game change absolutely stinks. I booked a 7:45 PM flight to Florida to spend the holidays with my family. I booked the flight on June 4th, so I would not miss this particular game. Now, less than two weeks before, they change the time. Thank you, NFL and Fox for making me miss this game or pay $250 in additional cost to stay in town (and upset my wife).

This is a TV contract $$$ driven business... Personally I expected this game to get flexed, and I am surprised the Broncos game is still at 1pm... don't be surprised if the Bengals game in week 17 gets flexed. Go Ravens!!!

With the way we've played in the last 2 games it might be better if we played this game at 4am.

i went to a flexed game last year and it kind of stinks. with travel and stuff i got home at 1 in the morning ang had to be in to work at 7 am the next day. i want to go to that @bengals game week 17, it would be cool to be at a primetime game too. I would buy the tickets and get a hotel reserved now if i knew it was going to be a late game.

[quote name='MikeG3' timestamp='1355194808' post='1257226']
This flex game change absolutely stinks. I booked a 7:45 PM flight to Florida to spend the holidays with my family. I booked the flight on June 4th, so I would not miss this particular game. Now, less than two weeks before, they change the time. Thank you, NFL and Fox for making me miss this game or pay $250 in additional cost to stay in town (and upset my wife).
[/quote]

You should be able to pick up the game in the airport at one of the bars. I travel for work and have done this plenty of times. Just find a sports bar, and if they don't have the game on, ask one of the waiters/waitresses nicely if they'd mind changing one of the TVs for you.