138 replies to this topic

#1 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

Does anyone know what kind of offense he will run?
"It was cool."- Joe Flacco"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."- Brian BillickOwner of Thomas Nast's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen who Enjoy Sailboats and Luther Vandross in the 2013 BR.com Franchise Mock<p>

#2 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,445 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

The same that we have been running. Don't expect any wholesale changes. The biggest impact this change will have is on the situational play-calling.

We might see different plays called more often and maybe the no-huddle.

Edited by PuRock, 10 December 2012 - 12:52 PM.

Posted Image

#3 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

The same that we have been running. Don't expect any wholesale changes. The biggest impact this change will have is on the situational play-calling.

I do hope he makes better halftime adjustments and keeps his foot on the gas no matter what the score. We need an impact that will wake us up and i hope Caldwell can provide that spark. Then we can move onto getting rid of Pees during the off season.
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#4 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

we'll see more no huddle, more tempo and more crossing routes. Things we had earlier in the year

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#5 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

It will be the same play book, just dfferent calls will be made (Or atleast I hope). I expect that he'll no-huddle a lot more often. Also i expect his passing plays to be quicker in terms of shorter routes.

z66oxxi.jpg

#6 Sunday QB

Sunday QB

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

This is about time, now we can see what Joe can do. Albeit there is only three games left, these are the type of games that bring the best out in you. Now only if we could do something with Oher.

#7 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,144 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

Since he has never been the play caller I do not expect significant changes this season. The potential even exists for some regretion initially. This is a long term fix, not a short term.
I expect bigger and better things next year.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#8 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

I do hope he makes better halftime adjustments and keeps his foot on the gas no matter what the score. We need an impact that will wake us up and i hope Caldwell can provide that spark. Then we can move onto getting rid of Pees during the off season.

I am not completely disagreeing about Pees, but he did inherit a defense that was butchered by the salary cap and had a key injury. And then he had to deal with additional key injuries all season. If he stays, I will not be heartbroken. I am going to be giddy for a while anyway since CAM IS FIRED.
It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#9 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,709 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

Yeah you can't change an offensive playbook at this point in time. It takes a whole off-season to implement an offensive system. The best we can hope for is that the good plays are there and Cam just never used them, or just better play-calling.

#10 ravensfan520

ravensfan520

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

What happens to if Joes play gets worse. Who do we blame then. Will it be Caldwell now that he is taking over. Caldwell knows football he has been in the game for a while. He coached in college before the NFL... and he offense was mostly a passing offense... Flacco will love to hear that... we have three more games and hopefully a run in the playoffs to see who is at fault. Caldwell is a smart guy... but if we lose at least 2 of three we have to realize its Flacco who leads the offense that's the problem and not just the coaches.

Edited by ravensfan520, 10 December 2012 - 01:25 PM.

#11 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,757 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

What happens to if Joes play gets worse. Who do we blame then. Will it be Caldwell now that he is taking over. Caldwell knows football he has been in the game for a while. He coached in college before the NFL... and he offense was mostly a passing offense... Flacco will love to hear that... we have three more games and hopefully a run in the playoffs to see who is at fault. Caldwell is a smart guy... but if we lose at least 2 of three we have to realize its Flacco who leads the offense that's the problem and not just the coaches.

Honestly, success by our offense wont prove anyting more then a continuation of bad play from the offense. The playbook will be the same, the calls will be different.

#12 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,031 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

He'll have to run the same system, and if he does good and stays at OC for next year, then he might revamp it in the offseason.

I expect that he'll add a couple different plays every week. My prediction is we'll run more, try more short throws, and use more play action. I'm very excited but also a tad nervous.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#13 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,566 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

I really just expect more no-huddle, probably more 3WR personnel too. No massive changes.

@gabefergy

#14 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Three games this late in the season will not tell us much, well unless the team just does a 180 and we start scoring 30+ points a game. THAT would say something, but, as I expect, if we continue much like we have, well, you need more than just the end of the season to judge anything. I figure there will be better adjustments and a more contemporary overall game. Still, we cannot expect miracles. We can hope for them, just not expect them.
It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#15 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

not really at terms with this, will just have to wait and see how it plays out, hope all good for the sake of us all

#16 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,779 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

What happens to if Joes play gets worse. Who do we blame then.

We blame Joe, that simple.
Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#17 Defence_Is_Salvation

Defence_Is_Salvation

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

I wanna keep Caldwell no matter what happens as our QB coach. If he can be the OC we need then great. I've seen fundamental improvements in Joe's game but it sure as hell doesn't help him when there are several drops per games (these are catchable passes).
I'm fine with the Air Coryell but someone like Norv Turner does a much better job at it.

#18 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,970 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Yeah, I dont expect sweeping changes. I do expect a bit more unpredictability and no huddle.

Who's Joes QB coach now.....Jim? He's got a lot on his plate now. Are they just letting Joe go coach-free for the time being?

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#19 ravensfan520

ravensfan520

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

We blame Joe, that simple.

But that's blasphemy here in these forums.

#20 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

I think Caldwell will be more of a game planner. I feel like I never see our team take advantage of other teams weaknesses. I just feel like Cam would try and run the ball against even the toughest of D-Lines, and throw into the toughest of secondaries. I think Caldwell will go with the vulnerabilities of the other defenses and gameplan around them. Like next week against denver, they have a stingy defense, however the raiders passed for 280 yards but struggled to run the ball. I think Denver will know we will try and run on them, so maybe Caldwell will come out passing? But then again maybe Caldwell will paly it safe and try and get ray Rice going. As far as play calling he will change it up more so than Cam did. Every time you see Cam calling plays on te sidelines you see him holding the playbook sheet over his mouth or whatever, as fans we know he doesnt call more than 5 diferent plays. I am hoping caldwell will change it up a little bit and try some different plays. I think caldwell will take it slow...but the biggest thing Iwant to see is how Flacco looks out on the field. Will he be calling more and more audibles and running the no huddle which brings him success? Or will it be just the same as usual? I guess we will find out. Jim Caldwell will be a good coordinator for th time being IMO

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users