Ravens at Texans      Roster      Game Rewind   

Photo

[News] Cam Cameron Out, Jim Caldwell In

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
323 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,033 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

Jim Caldwell has not been a play caller yet during his coaching career.

View the full article

#2 Spinak52

Spinak52

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

Start my putting McKinnie at LT and Oher at RT

#3 Joe Hill

Joe Hill

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

about time now to do something about Flacco then we should be good to go

#4 Properboy17

Properboy17

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

Finally, this should of been done last year cam was molding flaco into something hes not and keeping him on a leash but now that hes gone its time to Unleash!!! Great news for Ravens organization its time to get this offence on track with Rice gettin more carries and flacco taking more control of the offence

#5 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,888 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

At least now we will see what Flacco is really capable of! We'll find out if it was just Cam Cameron or a combination of the two that led to our offensive woes this year... I am curious and so is the front office for sure. Go Ravens and Joe prove your real worth to the NFL! Earn your top 5 money! Especially since you have no more impediments or excuses!

#6 Ngata Chance

Ngata Chance

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Wooooo Hooooooooo!!!!!

I wake up to this? This is going to be a great day!!!

#7 BmoreB

BmoreB

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts

What took so long ? :)

#8 BmoreB

BmoreB

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

Christmas came early !!!!!

#9 riseNConquer81

riseNConquer81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts

i feel bad for Caldwell...you cant flip an offense in a short practice week, and everybody on this site is gonna be out for his head when things dont look dramatically different next week.

#10 jdynamite

jdynamite

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,752 posts

Early Christmas present......... Woohoo!!!

I thought my facebook reports were false ran to computer when I should be heading to work right now!

It's about time, only question is why fire him after a game that the offense played well in ?

#11 jdynamite

jdynamite

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

First Billy Cundiff now Cam Cameron if it wasn't for all the injuries this could be my dream season.

#12 Garbage Duck

Garbage Duck

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

Finally!!!

#13 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,690 posts

Fantastic news. I dont care whether or not Caldwell stays at OC.. Im just thrilled that Cam is finally gone.

#14 manofsteel

manofsteel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Oher is definetely not a "blind side tackle". Either that or his MOMMA neeeds to be their yelling and scolding Oher. Don't really have an answer for that one, though. Who do we have that is any good? at tackle? Ed Reed sucked again in that game. no tackle. In Fact all of the backfield has to learn to tackle low, not around the shoulders.They just get shrugged off and laughed at! And especially Cary Williams at piss poor tackling. Get rid of him too.
Finally got our wish about Cam gone, now maybe things will fall together. Good Luck Caldwell!!!!!!!!!

#15 1 + 1 = 2

1 + 1 = 2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Joe Hill
Posted
5 minutes ago
about time now to do something about Flacco then we should be good to go
==========

you don't give up on a quarterback who has shown he wins games in the NFL. He has only had 1 system in 5 years, you give up on the system and try new ones first. There are lots of systems and coordinators, there aren't a lot of proven quarterbacks.

#16 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,485 posts

Lets keep our expectations in check people...

This is a move for 2013, not 2012. This isn't a Championship caliber team will all the injuries on defense, and Caldwell has never called plays. It's not like the playbook will be changed. There's not enough time to do it.

Frankly, I would almost expect us to take a step back offensively this season. But this move is to set is up better for the future, not the present.

#17 gregsanders25

gregsanders25

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

Wow,,, thats all i can say.

#18 ReigningPurple

ReigningPurple

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!! A great day for the city of Baltimore!! Great timing, shows that the front office didnt want to throw the playoffs away :) Wow this made my day

#19 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

Never glad to see anyone lose their job, I wish that things could have worked out, but this move, is in my opinion, the best option for the team.

The task for Cadwell will be to get the offense to play "playoff caliber" football in super short time during a big change. Not an easy task when your given training camp, and all year, much less three games left in the regular season. Make it happen Jim.

GO RAVENS!

#20 ravens7575

ravens7575

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

FINALLY! For the few defending Cam Cameron, remember this: When he was the offensive coordinator for the San Diego Chargers with quarterbacks Drew Brees and Philip Rivers, their offense NEVER had a top offense! Brees and Rivers NEVER threw for 4,000 yards under Cam (but both exploded offensively when they got away from him). Even if it was long overdue, you gotta give props to Harbaugh for being able to go through with it. Firing Cam and even trusting a rookie over Billy Cundiff are tough things to do, but Harbs did it.

LETS GO RAVENS!!!