Ravens at Texans      Roster      Game Rewind   

Photo

Two sides to a firing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#1 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

Thank you to Cam, Missy, and their kids for all they've done for the greater Baltimore community. At the end of the day, the Ravens fired an OC, but a husband and father also lost his job. Millions or pennies, it doesn't matter what he made or how well off he'll still be afterwards. It doesn't even matter if its happened to him before. Coming from a kid of a coach who had been fired once, it stings, and so I just wish Missy Cameron and the kids well today. It's hard to say it's just business, but it really is.

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#2 tctony

tctony

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

I'm sure Cam is a nice guy. So good luck to him in his next endeavor.

But he is a terrible coordinator. So I am glad to see him go.

GO RAVENS!

Posted Image

#3 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,768 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

I'm sure Cam is a nice guy. So good luck to him in his next endeavor.

But he is a terrible coordinator. So I am glad to see him go.

Ditto.

#4 nk02442

nk02442

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

When someone fails at their job, the deserve to be fired

When someone fails at their job for YEARS, and makes over a Million a year, you will get no sympathy for me

Go work a job 60 Hours a week making $12 an hour, and not perform, see how long you last.

Guy rode the gravy train untill the wheels came off.........He should be thanking god everyday it lasted as long as it did.

#5 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

Yes I know there is a personal side, and I do wish him and his family the best going forward. Let's not try to pretend here that they will now be destitute for the holidays however.

Joe flacco picked up a fumbled ball off the ground like he just dropped the newspaper on the sidewalk by accident and flung it across the street square into the neighbor's open mailbox while being attacked by pit bulls on steroids - a Panther's fan

#6 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

Thank you to Cam, Missy, and their kids for all they've done for the greater Baltimore community. At the end of the day, the Ravens fired an OC, but a husband and father also lost his job. Millions or pennies, it doesn't matter what he made or how well off he'll still be afterwards. It doesn't even matter if its happened to him before. Coming from a kid of a coach who had been fired once, it stings, and so I just wish Missy Cameron and the kids well today. It's hard to say it's just business, but it really is.

Wow, did not look at it that way and should have as i am a dad and a husband. All of the sudden i feel bad for Cam. Thanks for bringin gthings back into perspective friend, ii know i needed and and probably a lot of others did as well. Well said.
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#7 CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

Thank you Cam for your tenure here at Baltimore.

OP: Cam is a person that WILL find a coaching job somewhere, if not in the NFL, definitely as a College coach.

Posted Image

#8 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,936 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

Honestly, I can thank him for making our run game feared but the passing game never had that effect. I will miss him in someways but we need someone who can fit Joe better. I wish him the best and I'm sure he will coach again. Thanks for the 3 headed monster and screen pass 2009

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#9 ravensgirl20

ravensgirl20

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

The personal side is the tough side and that did hit me this morning. It is Christmas and a family did lose a job. While I believe this is a much needed move for the Ravens, I wish Cam and his family only the best. I pray he finds new work quickly and is highly sucessful in his new role.

61ad95b4-6153-48af-b0d1-55411b864ffa_zps

#10 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

I wish the best for Cam and his family.

But the blue collar guy who scrapes by on $20/hour and has a wife and kids and loses his jobs need our compassion much more than Cam does,

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)

Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP

Farewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!

If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#11 The Prestige

The Prestige

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

I'm a Seminoles fan, so I have seen this with Bowden getting forced into retirement and with his kid having to go to North Alabama.

Same with seeing Tommy Tuberville get fired at Auburn (that worked out, as he wound up coaching my second favorite team; Yet, I'm sure it was for less money and embarrassing to be fired).

The way I feel about it is that if you LOVE NFL coaching or you LOVE college coaching - and Cam probably loves both - you will learn to enjoy whatever you can get. Cam would be a good prospect for a college team that wants to run a pro-style offense with run-heavy personnel.

He has incredible connections, and may even join the Rams in the next few seasons.

Perhaps he was so caught up in executing his style and sticking with the plan and the nuances of the plan, that he'll come back a better coordinator if he is blessed with another shot.

#12 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

sure, Cam and his family will feel the sting of this for a bit but ultimately...they will be fine financially! but what about those who are unemployed and those making less than minimum wage? so thanks Cam! bye Cam!

~Mili

@Mili

mili1.png

"We have an opportunity to get to the playoffs.

None of these teams are better than us. Let’s go prove it!”

- John Harbaugh

#13 CptJesus

CptJesus

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

Cam will be fine money wise. His contract money is still due to him, and I'm pretty sure we had just resigned him to 3 years at the beginning of this season.

#14 justifythegame

justifythegame

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

Cam Cameron should be asking why he gets fired now, he has been doing the same thing he has done for 5 years. The only real difference with the team was Dean Pees came in and tore the defense apart piece by peice. Even before injuries the defense was one of the worst in the league, and even with injuries if you are a good coach you can get something out of back up players, not play like they just did.

#15 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

Thank you Cam for your tenure here at Baltimore.

OP: Cam is a person that WILL find a coaching job somewhere, if not in the NFL, definitely as a College coach.

or the CFL LOL. But i would hate to see him do damage to the great institution of the CFL.
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#16 mdrsharon

mdrsharon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Surely he is a nice man - but we need a winner.
That is just the bottom line, he and Joe do not jive and the play calling has generally been horrible! embarrassing and predictable, about time for a change.

Let's make a play for the ultimate prize - the big silver trophy at the end of the tunnel.

Go Ravens.

#17 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

My intention was not to say that it's poor, poor, pitiful. And they will be completely well off financially, but human nature still says my dad (moreso kids than wives) isn't needed "here" anymore. That is what is sad. Just a thought that passed through my mind this morning. Even millionaires have families that feel the frustration of a firing, justified firing or not.

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#18 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

My intention was not to say that it's poor, poor, pitiful. And they will be completely well off financially, but human nature still says my dad (moreso kids than wives) isn't needed "here" anymore. That is what is sad. Just a thought that passed through my mind this morning. Even millionaires have families that feel the frustration of a firing, justified firing or not.

Your intention is pure and perhaps some of us (myself included) might have reacted harshly but to be truthful, I'm really struggling this holiday season working 2 part-time jobs (all that are available around here). So please forgive me if I do not have a lot of sympathy to spare for Cam's hurt pride (which he will get over in due time) when financially he will be more than fine.

Joe flacco picked up a fumbled ball off the ground like he just dropped the newspaper on the sidewalk by accident and flung it across the street square into the neighbor's open mailbox while being attacked by pit bulls on steroids - a Panther's fan

#19 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

For some reason I do not think they are going without, this Christmas at the Cameron household. Good riddance. I am not getting all sappy over a damn fool that made a ton of money being foolish. I do not feel sorry for him and I do not thank him for anything.

Edited by jaege, 10 December 2012 - 01:08 PM.

It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#20 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,921 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

I wish the best for Cam and his family.

But the blue collar guy who scrapes by on $20/hour and has a wife and kids and loses his jobs need our compassion much more than Cam does,

$20/hour.. Scraping is like 10 n under
Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35