Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ragin'Raven

Two sides to a firing

57 posts in this topic

Thank you to Cam, Missy, and their kids for all they've done for the greater Baltimore community. At the end of the day, the Ravens fired an OC, but a husband and father also lost his job. Millions or pennies, it doesn't matter what he made or how well off he'll still be afterwards. It doesn't even matter if its happened to him before. Coming from a kid of a coach who had been fired once, it stings, and so I just wish Missy Cameron and the kids well today. It's hard to say it's just business, but it really is.

I'm sure Cam is a nice guy. So good luck to him in his next endeavor.

But he is a terrible coordinator. So I am glad to see him go.

[quote name='tctony' timestamp='1355158849' post='1255573']
I'm sure Cam is a nice guy. So good luck to him in his next endeavor.

But he is a terrible coordinator. So I am glad to see him go.
[/quote]

Ditto.

When someone fails at their job, the deserve to be fired

When someone fails at their job for YEARS, and makes over a Million a year, you will get no sympathy for me

Go work a job 60 Hours a week making $12 an hour, and not perform, see how long you last.

Guy rode the gravy train untill the wheels came off.........He should be thanking god everyday it lasted as long as it did.

Yes I know there is a personal side, and I do wish him and his family the best going forward. Let's not try to pretend here that they will now be destitute for the holidays however.

[quote name='Ragin'Raven' timestamp='1355158406' post='1255526']
Thank you to Cam, Missy, and their kids for all they've done for the greater Baltimore community. At the end of the day, the Ravens fired an OC, but a husband and father also lost his job. Millions or pennies, it doesn't matter what he made or how well off he'll still be afterwards. It doesn't even matter if its happened to him before. Coming from a kid of a coach who had been fired once, it stings, and so I just wish Missy Cameron and the kids well today. It's hard to say it's just business, but it really is.
[/quote]

Wow, did not look at it that way and should have as i am a dad and a husband. All of the sudden i feel bad for Cam. Thanks for bringin gthings back into perspective friend, ii know i needed and and probably a lot of others did as well. Well said.

Thank you Cam for your tenure here at Baltimore.

OP: Cam is a person that WILL find a coaching job somewhere, if not in the NFL, definitely as a College coach.

Honestly, I can thank him for making our run game feared but the passing game never had that effect. I will miss him in someways but we need someone who can fit Joe better. I wish him the best and I'm sure he will coach again. Thanks for the 3 headed monster and screen pass 2009

The personal side is the tough side and that did hit me this morning. It is Christmas and a family did lose a job. While I believe this is a much needed move for the Ravens, I wish Cam and his family only the best. I pray he finds new work quickly and is highly sucessful in his new role.

I wish the best for Cam and his family.

But the blue collar guy who scrapes by on $20/hour and has a wife and kids and loses his jobs need our compassion much more than Cam does,

I'm a Seminoles fan, so I have seen this with Bowden getting forced into retirement and with his kid having to go to North Alabama.

Same with seeing Tommy Tuberville get fired at Auburn (that worked out, as he wound up coaching my second favorite team; Yet, I'm sure it was for less money and embarrassing to be fired).

The way I feel about it is that if you LOVE NFL coaching or you LOVE college coaching - and Cam probably loves both - you will learn to enjoy whatever you can get. Cam would be a good prospect for a college team that wants to run a pro-style offense with run-heavy personnel.

He has incredible connections, and may even join the Rams in the next few seasons.

Perhaps he was so caught up in executing his style and sticking with the plan and the nuances of the plan, that he'll come back a better coordinator if he is blessed with another shot.

sure, Cam and his family will feel the sting of this for a bit but ultimately...they will be fine financially! but what about those who are unemployed and those making less than minimum wage? so thanks Cam! bye Cam!

~Mili

Cam will be fine money wise. His contract money is still due to him, and I'm pretty sure we had just resigned him to 3 years at the beginning of this season.

Cam Cameron should be asking why he gets fired now, he has been doing the same thing he has done for 5 years. The only real difference with the team was Dean Pees came in and tore the defense apart piece by peice. Even before injuries the defense was one of the worst in the league, and even with injuries if you are a good coach you can get something out of back up players, not play like they just did.

[quote name='CorvusCorax' timestamp='1355159090' post='1255602']
Thank you Cam for your tenure here at Baltimore.

OP: Cam is a person that WILL find a coaching job somewhere, if not in the NFL, definitely as a College coach.
[/quote]

or the CFL LOL. But i would hate to see him do damage to the great institution of the CFL.

Surely he is a nice man - but we need a winner.
That is just the bottom line, he and Joe do not jive and the play calling has generally been horrible! embarrassing and predictable, about time for a change.

Let's make a play for the ultimate prize - the big silver trophy at the end of the tunnel.

Go Ravens.

My intention was not to say that it's poor, poor, pitiful. And they will be completely well off financially, but human nature still says my dad (moreso kids than wives) isn't needed "here" anymore. That is what is sad. Just a thought that passed through my mind this morning. Even millionaires have families that feel the frustration of a firing, justified firing or not.

[quote name='Ragin'Raven' timestamp='1355162399' post='1255887']
My intention was not to say that it's poor, poor, pitiful. And they will be completely well off financially, but human nature still says my dad (moreso kids than wives) isn't needed "here" anymore. That is what is sad. Just a thought that passed through my mind this morning. Even millionaires have families that feel the frustration of a firing, justified firing or not.
[/quote]

Your intention is pure and perhaps some of us (myself included) might have reacted harshly but to be truthful, I'm really struggling this holiday season working 2 part-time jobs (all that are available around here). So please forgive me if I do not have a lot of sympathy to spare for Cam's hurt pride (which he will get over in due time) when financially he will be more than fine.

[/quote]

For some reason I do not think they are going without, this Christmas at the Cameron household. Good riddance. I am not getting all sappy over a damn fool that made a ton of money being foolish. I do not feel sorry for him and I do not thank him for anything.

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1355159916' post='1255679']
I wish the best for Cam and his family.

But the blue collar guy who scrapes by on $20/hour and has a wife and kids and loses his jobs need our compassion much more than Cam does,
[/quote]
$20/hour.. Scraping is like 10 n under

[quote name='nk02442' timestamp='1355158994' post='1255590']

When someone fails at their job for YEARS, and makes over a Million a year, you will get no sympathy for me

Go work a job 60 Hours a week making $12 an hour, and not perform, see how long you last.

Guy rode the gravy train untill the wheels came off.........He should be thanking god everyday it lasted as long as it did.
[/quote] That is a 100% correct statement. Do not think he would have stayed this long with another team.

I have no sympathy. This is like us working a job and tho boss says we want you stand up not sit. For 3 years you sit, occasionally standing cause maybe you want to stretch your legs but for the most part you don't listen. When you get fired can you really be surprised? Cam has coasted by on his friendship cause it sure hasn't been production. He's gone, GOOD. If he's smart he's at least been saving since the middle of 10 when his seat started to heat up. It not, that's on him.

getting fired is apart of any form of employment...including the NFL. it happens and families move on! Cam and his family will do the same!

~Mili

There is no doubt Cameron will land another OC job in the NFL...But it wasn't workin here.

I do feel bad for Cam and his family and have prefaced all my happy comments with that, I wish him well in his future endeavors BUT it was not working here.

Considering there are people out there who have two or more jobs and make way less than Cam, I'm sure he'll be fine. But considering he's probably killed like 3 people due to frustration, he wont get a whole lotta sympathy from me. I'm sure he a nice guy and all, but there are people out there who are actually suffering.

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1355168587' post='1256231']
$20/hour.. Scraping is like 10 n under
[/quote]

$30/Hour , single, and you will be scraping to live if you live around DC/NY or anywhere with a high cost of living and consider things like a running vehicle and heat durring the winter a nessitiy.

That is unless you ride the gravy train and dont earn your own way.

But thats the no point of this thread.

Guy was a bad coach and got fired. You can only Blame Cam so much. The person you should be furious with is Harbaugh/Ozzie/Biscotti for allowing the mess to go on for the last 5 years. Either Harbs is a fool or inncompetent. In either Case Ozzie/Eric/Steve should have stepped in long ago.

They have costed this franchise championships and MONEY (are you listening steve, my fellow salisbury alum).

[quote name='bpytnjr58' timestamp='1355169373' post='1256266']
There is no doubt Cameron will land another OC job in the NFL...But it wasn't workin here.
[/quote]

Lets Pray its for the steelers or the patriots

[/quote]

This^^^

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1355176933' post='1256554']
I wish the best for you Cam. But you sucked as an OC... But you were a better man.
[/quote]

We actually have no proof of this... just sayin

Everyone now wants to get all lovey dovey with Cam after berating him for years.

He was a terrible OC. Answer me this;Is there one play other then the Torrey slant across the middle that surprised
you this year? Maybe add in the first Cincy game but that was what we have gone away from progressively since then

This place can become ruthless to guys who become ex Ravens. Anyhow it was Cams time to fall on the sword. Best of luck to him.

[quote name='SuggsBarber' timestamp='1355179157' post='1256616']
This place can become ruthless to guys who become ex Ravens. Anyhow it was Cams time to fall on the sword. Best of luck to him.
[/quote]

He didn't fall on the sword. That references samurai who kill themselves rather than suffer dishonor. Cam had to be fired, we can only assume for non-production. There is nothing honorable about that. Geez, enough with the love fest. The guy stank. He was less than useless. He was an albatross dragging the team down. I could care less what happens to the old sob. So long as he is gone. And I cannot believe that any NFL team would be so stupid as to hire that loser. After all when teams were scrambling to grab up our DCs not a single offer was made on the moron.

Good luck to you and your family, you will be missed Cam. Your patent play calling series of "run, run, pass on 3rd and long" will not.

[/quote]

It's part of the gig. It won't be the last time he's fired.

[/quote]

People should have a chance to change before getting fired. I put some blame on Harbs for not being a good HC (imo). Maybe if he coached better than he gives pressers he could have gotten Cam out of his rut. Maybe Harbs did try, but I doubt it.

Also, what about Caldwell? He is responsible for shaping Flaccos mechanics and pocket presence. Where is his accountability? The failure of he O has as much to do with Flaccos lack of development as Cam's play calling.

[quote name='Rinbee' timestamp='1355182556' post='1256757']
People should have a chance to change before getting fired. I put some blame on Harbs for not being a good HC (imo). Maybe if he coached better than he gives pressers he could have gotten Cam out of his rut. Maybe Harbs did try, but I doubt it.

Also, what about Caldwell? He is responsible for shaping Flaccos mechanics and pocket presence. Where is his accountability? The failure of he O has as much to do with Flaccos lack of development as Cam's play calling.
[/quote]

Chance to change?? Please tell me you are being sarchastic.

Cam has been here for 5 years. Has stunk it up for 5 years and been the #1 reason the team has been so lackluster.

Your right that Harbs should field a large part of the blame. He's just as culpable as the HC and his lack of action shows alot about his lack of Character and poor Headcoaching abilties. He clearly cannot make rational decisons and needs the Organization for force his hand after 5 years of ineptitude.

[quote name='Rinbee' timestamp='1355182556' post='1256757']

[/quote]
FLacco should not need his mechanics or pocket pressence shapped. He is a Vet, with almost 5 full years as a starter under his belt. QB coach should be tweaking his game and making constructive critisimins that will improve his game. Joe has regresses and there is no excuse. If he doesnt have it by now, he never will. You guys must be horrible gamblers, beacuse chasing bad bets down the hole are going to make you broke, fast. Maybe put it all on Black? LET IT ROLL.

[quote name='jaege' timestamp='1355180084' post='1256648']
He didn't fall on the sword. That references samurai who kill themselves rather than suffer dishonor. Cam had to be fired, we can only assume for non-production. There is nothing honorable about that. Geez, enough with the love fest. The guy stank. He was less than useless. He was an albatross dragging the team down. I could care less what happens to the old sob. So long as he is gone. And I cannot believe that any NFL team would be so stupid as to hire that loser. After all when teams were scrambling to grab up our DCs not a single offer was made on the moron.
[/quote]
He didn't exactly have a bunch of all pros to work with.Yeah,he had shortcomings at times, but he did a relatively decent job for the talent he had to work with. And for what it matters, give him some due. That guy will have forgotten more football then,you,me or anyone else posting here will know.

[quote name='SuggsBarber' timestamp='1355184169' post='1256825']
He didn't exactly have a bunch of all pros to work with.Yeah,he had shortcomings at times, but he did a relatively decent job for the talent he had to work with. And for what it matters, give him some due. That guy will have forgotten more football then,you,me or anyone else posting here will know.
[/quote]

What are you talking about?

Cam Inherited the best Oline in the game. Why do you think our run Offense was soo good in 2007-09?
He had Decent recievers and Mason was one of the best Possesion/route guys in the league
He had Heap
He had Rice/Mclain/ Mcgahee

Most cordinators would have been able to make that into a perenial top 10 offense. Instead he ran an outdated scheme, with the wrong players, did not play to his players stregths, and pissed away very real chances for this team to win a superbowl.

I am 100% confident Madden Auto Play would have been a massive upgrade over Cam. He was/is THAT bad.

[/quote]

THANK YOU for posting this.

I doubt any one will disagree with this firing, but reality is, he is a human being trying to live his dream and provide for his family.
I am sure Biscotti will give him an adequate severance package.

Good luck Cam.

Personal side: Good luck Cam, wish you and your family the best.

For the Ravens: .... Bye!

Cam will find another job, the same way that Bruce Arians found another job, and many others over the years found a job after being fired. Yes it was a hard decision, and yes even though I've railed against Cam for 3 years now, I feel bad that anyone had to get fired, but the reality of the situation is that, IMO, he was given more leeway than a lot of offensive coordinators would have been under the same circumstances. He lost the run game in 2010, lost the passing game in 2011, and in 2012 we've been up and down to say the least - and the bottom line is it seemed like a lot of the players, not just the quarterback, were privately frustrated with Cam and his game plans at this point. Cam will move on, and the Ravens will move on, and more than anything I hope that both sides benefit from the change.

[quote name='SuggsBarber' timestamp='1355184169' post='1256825']
[/quote]

The guy took a team that could have won multiple SBs and did NOTHING with it. As I said, an albatross. He may know a lot about football, but there is a world of difference in knowing something and putting tht knowledge to practical use. This "poor Cam" crap is making me ill. The guy made a boatload of money playing a game. Poor poor Cam. Boo Hoo.

[quote name='bpytnjr58' timestamp='1355169373' post='1256266']
[/quote]

Maybe Pittsburgh??

[quote name='Ravenglenn' timestamp='1355198419' post='1257340']

Maybe Pittsburgh??
[/quote]

We should be so lucky.

[quote name='nk02442' timestamp='1355183199' post='1256782']
Chance to change?? Please tell me you are being sarchastic.

Cam has been here for 5 years. Has stunk it up for 5 years and been the #1 reason the team has been so lackluster.

Your right that Harbs should field a large part of the blame. He's just as culpable as the HC and his lack of action shows alot about his lack of Character and poor Headcoaching abilties. He clearly cannot make rational decisons and needs the Organization for force his hand after 5 years of ineptitude.
[/quote]

What I mean by a chance to change is that I believe (again, IMO) that Harbs has allowed Cam to do things his way and that Harbs really never coached Cam to make adjustments. I could be very wrong, but I was speaking philosophically. I think the probelm is bigger than Cam. That is really my point.