17 replies to this topic

#1 billick

billick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

He looks like a real real nice tackling machine. He has a onr two punch on QB hits, and smoked RGIII. The guy moves quickly, and is our best player on D.
Offensive Genuis & Quarterback Guru

#2 BMORE_96

BMORE_96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

yep ngata is back.Now lets see if suggs is healthy.

#3 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,082 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

This was the best game from him this year. You can make an argument for the first game against the Bengals, too. But regardless, he looks like he has regained his health. I'm happy to see it, personally.

#4 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,492 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

Yessir! Fear The Tongan Beast!

And that was no illegal hit on Bob yesterday. He had his hands on his shoulders and his face mask in his chest. Knocked him into next week! Legally!

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#5 Bullrush

Bullrush

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,127 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

I'm loving the D-Line. Ngata obviously is a beast. Kemo is playing really well against the run. And Art Jones over the last 3 games has been one of the best DE's in the game. I hate the fact that Ngata always gets flagged and punished for his playing style. The hit he put on RGIII was perfectly clean.
Shield on my arm
Sword in my right
Cape on my back
This is where we fight
Baltimore! We built for this!
- Terrell Suggs

#6 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,368 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

Ngata healing up is big. Wish he still had the goatee/beard, though
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#7 Gashman

Gashman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

I was gonna start a Ngata thread, LOVE YOU MAN! Anchoring our D, the troops are coming bro!

#8 RavenzAllDay

RavenzAllDay

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

Ya I love this guy, there was one play where he chased down RG3 fom like 10 yards awayand only limited to him to a 3 yard gain. Talk about freak of an athlete!
Follow me on twitter @ShawnPriestman!!

#9 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

I'm glad to see he's finally getting healthy! He played on 1 arm and 1 leg most of the season so far, the guy is a beast

Edited by bauer77, 11 December 2012 - 04:23 PM.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#10 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,889 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

When your Dline allows for 172 yards on the ground... I don't feel that's acceptable. Ngata is included. He did a nice job of getting penetration but he also missed a few chances at sacks. Granted, RG is hard to contain but Ngata missed some gimmes. Art Jones has played better then Ngata for about 4weeks in a row.

Edited by H8R, 11 December 2012 - 04:29 PM.

#11 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,322 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

I'm loving the D-Line. Ngata obviously is a beast. Kemo is playing really well against the run. And Art Jones over the last 3 games has been one of the best DE's in the game. I hate the fact that Ngata always gets flagged and punished for his playing style. The hit he put on RGIII was perfectly clean.

340bls with blasting speed like a truck coming at somebody; if it is 100% legal hit, he is still getting flagged cuz it's brutal to see a truck running over you.
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#12 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,685 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

340bls with blasting speed like a truck coming at somebody; if it is 100% legal hit, he is still getting flagged cuz it's brutal to see a truck running over you.

Which is totally wrong. Just because it looks like a nasty hit doesnt mean it is illegal. Ngata's hit was a perfect example of this. 100% nasty, 100% clean. These refs are just silly sometimes.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

"Hodor." - Hodor

#13 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,082 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Which is totally wrong. Just because it looks like a nasty hit doesnt mean it is illegal. Ngata's hit was a perfect example of this. 100% nasty, 100% clean. These refs are just silly sometimes.

Yeah. They were probably thinking "if that's not a penalty it should be!" It's sad, really.

#14 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,685 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

Yeah. They were probably thinking "if that's not a penalty it should be!" It's sad, really.

It's just a sign of what football is becoming. A good hard hit on a WR is going to be flagged more often than not, whether it be truly dirty or completely legal, and now QBs are being protected the same way. Its nonsense.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

"Hodor." - Hodor

#15 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

He turns 29 next month and is already showing signs of being more injury prone, I'm hoping he has another 5 years in him.

#16 IrishRaven87

IrishRaven87

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:25 AM

He was definitely on the road back to his best this past weekend and was so unlucky to get flagged on the RGIII hit. I think he is key over the coming weeks with the QBs we are facing. If he can continue to get penetration through the middle and suggs and kruger pressure the edges we have a chance

#17 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,889 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

Anyone think our expectations have been rolled back for this defense? I just can't fathom a dlineman , supposedly the best at his position , and allow more then 150 yards per game. I can tell you this.. Ngata isn't playing at the level Big Vince is... I watched Wilfork destroy the Texans oline which is FAR better then most... We need to figure out our team make-up... Are we thumpers or our we a defense built on speed. Right now, we're neither. I hoped to never see a run d this bad from the Baltimore Ravens.

Edited by H8R, 12 December 2012 - 08:18 AM.

#18 Desert

Desert

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

Yes, I am disappointed in the Defense this year. I know the excuses about the injuries, but they were very much in the decline anyway. Big 92 has been hiding his chronic back issues since 2010 and his playing shows it. Wilfork's style reminds me of the old days with Ngata.

The GM turning his back on the D while rebuilding the offense (New reciever's every year) has come back to bight them in the butt.

Zero depth in the defensive players has killed them.

When your 3rd level guy (Pollard) is one of the team leaders in tackles something is very wrong.

Edited by Desert, 12 December 2012 - 11:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users