Ravens Schedule Coming Wednesday!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule on Wednesday, April 23rd at 8:00 pm ET.
Close

Photo

[News] Late For Work 12/10: Third Try A Charm? Ravens Clinch Division By …

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,299 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

No pride in backing into playoffs. Tale of two Flaccos. Too passive in final minute?

View the full article

#2 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

I HATE how we knee out the ball before the end of a half....just throw a bomb down the field, theres 40 seconds!!! Worst case scenario it's picked off 50 yards down field...

#3 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,372 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

@ black blood - I agree!!

#4 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,372 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

Its frustrating, man, because its two backup guys that arent even starters coming in and making plays,Cary Williams told CSNBaltimore.com.

You're frustrating all of us Cary!!

Edited by Zeus, 10 December 2012 - 09:52 AM.

#5 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

At least Kruger and Upshaw are acting like the linebackers we deserve.

#6 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

denver is a must win and I have no clue how that is going to happen. where will we get enough players healthy to manage that . they need to stop talking to cary williams the whole darn team runs hot and cold you make millions and you do this . very frustrating. and yay get to pray the texans dispatch the patriots.

Edited by llwillow1231, 10 December 2012 - 09:55 AM.

#7 NCRaven10

NCRaven10

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

We can't close because we are a team that kneels before every half during a shootout or kneels there way into OT. No way would we go for two and be up 9 and worst case be up a TD, are you kidding???? That would be too agressive and we would seal the win way to early. We only like to save or trickery for when we are up by 21 late in the second half....right Oakland?? A team like Atlanta or NE atleast tries to gets some decent chunks of yards before going into the half or OT, especially when they have a time out or 2. If ZOD comes to this planet everyone in the "Castle" will be on their knees within 2 seconds.

#8 hardnose

hardnose

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

i dont know about everyone else but im getting sick of hearing Harb saying we have a problem and we going to fix it, and this 3rd time charm i dont know about that we have been to the playoff 4 times no charm yet, i understand half of our D is bang up then is time for our offense to step up and do for this defense what this defense is done for them for the last 10 years bail them out.

#9 dwhravens

dwhravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

Tony Dungy just loves to take digs at the Ravens every week.

#10 tick101

tick101

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

its like watching a movie over and over again with the offence sometimes. same play calling. smh dont get me wrong we do look good for like 2 qtrs then its like that person that already watch the movie before you walks in the room and let you know exactly whats about to happen next smh. so what cam... are you waitting to show some other plays in the playoffs or what. flacco you where doing great, alot of ppl say well he's getting sack. ok i'll take a sack anyday then a int. but oher needs to go back to the right side. and mckennie needs to be on the left. put osem at what rt or lt gaurd and we got the offensive line for the playoffs. its rate there... super bowl. I wanna see more consi... you know what aint no point in complaining cause we going to see it again. and then ya'll must have been over confident when that rookie came in. well I hope it woke ya'll up.

#11 clcoop

clcoop

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

29 seconds with a timeout on the road you have to take at least one or two shot attempts to get into field goal range Washington had no timeouts so even if it didnt work we could kneel on 3rd down. And I know its easy to second guess our Overtime decision to take the ball and its the traditional thing to do to receive the ball but i would ve kicked to washington in overtime and played defense and made that rookie drive the team down the field again to get a touchdown instead of taking the ball. Flacco didnt really look confident when they announced we are getting the ball first

#12 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

If you don't want to back into the playoffs handle your business . lay off krugers shirt every game i watched with him in it he has worn it like that and now two years later it's an issue ? the bigger question is why is it being fined now .Tony dungy is an old man who needs to take a nap i mute him every chance i get he says one thing then when the team he picks loses he does a 360 makes no sense .

#13 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,539 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

why kneel instead of taking a shot to win the game? it makes no sense!

~Mili

#14 roamingcharges

roamingcharges

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

At this point in the season we, the rational Ravens' fans, can draw a few conclusions about this team:
One-- Cam Cameron is not the man to call plays for this offense. How can he when he is so pathetically predictable. On the drive where Flacco threw the interception we could all see it coming. You run the ball on several consecutive plays successfully, why don't you then go play action in the red zone?!!! On second down they sell out to stop the run and they do, then force you into an obvious passing situation and you attempt to pass. Who does Cam call plays for, our offense or their defense?

Two-- These Ravens are probably making the playoffs but we really don't know if that is a good or a bad thing at this point. Unless this team would miraculously reach the Superbowl I don't see much gain in getting into the dance other than a notch on Harbaugh's belt that says, "I've been to the post season the past 5 seasons". It will delay our push for changes both in player personnel and on the coaching staff. However, the fan in me still wants this team to get into the post season especially if they win the AFC North along with it.

Three-- Between Flacco and the defense as it presently is, we need some realignment. If this defense is not going to be significantly retooled then we need Flacco (or whomever it is that lines up under center) to run a fearless high powered offense that uses some of the best offensive linemen in the league because henceforth the Ravens will be in a lot of high scoring games that would either be shootout wins or blowout losses (depending on which offense shows up for the Ravens, because this defense seems to be in its twilight). If the Ravens decide to keep Cameron, then they had better revamp the LB corps, bring in 2 reputable pass rushers that are adequate in run support, and draft a safety that has a real shot at replacing Ed Reed in the nearest future.

Okay I'm tired now... that game, and many of the wins actually, took quite a toll on me and my sanity. Stay tuned, the rest of the season will get REALLY interesting.

#15 Tony Breidenbaugh

Tony Breidenbaugh

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

We get comfortable with leads and start playing cautious football no matter how big the lead is. People get on Billicheck for running up the score but I commend him cause he knows that no lead is safe. Our O line is horrible and we our best O linemen (Yanda) got hurt on Sunday. Hopefully he will be good to go... With Dumervil and Von Miller coming up next... I am worried. We need to put Mckinnie back in there at LT and move Oher back to RT. Putting Mckinnie in is the one thing we have not tried yet this year.

#16 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

I don't want to call this an end-of-season collapse, but it sure has all the indications of one. I truly hope not, but I still say that last year was the best team we had in a long time (no disrespect to new players this season) we had very few injuries as well, and it still ended bad. I don't even see this team getting as far this year. Yeah, my hopes have dimmed considerably. And Kruger being fined is insane.

#17 lwebb21

lwebb21

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

We took a knee at the end of regulation because the coaching staff has no confidence in Joe "Panic" Flacco and they shouldn't!!!!!!

#18 MDguyCeCo

MDguyCeCo

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

yes, where in God's name was that (first half) Flacco, during the second half.....
I swear we are SO bi-polar we know longer know how to Win OR Finish with a lead....
My 'purple' Blood is *thinning*

#19 GregRaven

GregRaven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

Taking a knee to get to overtime instead of attacking a week group of defensive backs and possibly getting in field goal range. Priceless!!! Another great call by Cam. Vanilla play will get you beat every time.

#20 ravinmaniac52

ravinmaniac52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

Bengals and Steelers both lose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users