Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info ยป
Close

Photo

Cam Cameron Fired

• Please log in to reply
556 replies to this topic

#41 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,203 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

If we're 4-9 then yes you do it now. But if Im Ozzie I'm not letting a potential playoff berth be interrupted because we go to a guy on offense who has no idea how to call plays in the middle of the final 3 games. That is the moronic part.

Like I said, pull the plug on Cameron if we're in a losing season. But you can't at 9-4.

It will be Moeller. I also kind of want it to be Pees but to be honest I don't even know who the hell we could replace him with other than Clarence Brooks.

I agree with you. The Ravens org isn't one to make brash moves. Replacing a Cordinator at the end of the season while we are still in the playoff picture doesn't sound like the MO.

My bet is on Moeller as well.
Posted Image

#42 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,163 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

The suspense is killing me
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#43 Guest_wasabiebird_*

Guest_wasabiebird_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

It is not moronic. Cam has been a problem for awhile and honestly if getting rid of Cam and letting the healing of the offense begin means missing the playoffs one year. I can live with that because let's be honest with ourselves, a super bowl run with our injuries and current inconsistencies is a pipe dream.

I agree why not give caldwell a go . this team doesn't beat denver ,,,,,anyone see eli slice up a weak saints defense yesterday we don't beat that one either. nor will the patriots allow the texans to beat them and help us out ....i say go for it if it doesnt work entire offseason to find the right guy. if it does work then someone namely harbaugh will look like the smartest guy on the planet .

#44 Tank 92

Tank 92

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

there's 3 sides to a football... offense, defence and special teams... i'll go side of ball who didn't keep the skins and pitts from scoring with 3rd string qbs at helm

Exactly. Even though we are in dire need of an OC, the more immediate need is to improve the porous secondary.

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#45 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

I usually wouldn't want us to do something like this in the last quarter of the season, but lets be real. We won't do anything with what we currently got. Yes we sit at 9-4, but we're probably the ugliest 9-4 team of all time. If whatever we do doesn't work then thats alright, just give it a shot and fire Cam and/or Pees

I have to agree with this.
Everyone is saying that we are 9-4.
We are a bad 9-4. We need some sort of change to spark the defense more than anyone. I know Ray will be back sometime soon.
But the past few games the middle of the field has been wide open. It has been painful to watch.
We are not going anywhere right now with what we are doing.
Something has to change.

#46 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,969 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

thought I'd be the last to say this but....I hope it isn't Cam....YET! Why replace a mediocre OC with another mediocre OC. The issue is the playbook along with the play calling. We need a total overhaul from this juvenile offence. Wait until the offseason to acquire an offensive mastermind like Norv. My money is on the O line coach, gives the team a scape goat for their poor play, and replacing a position coach is much easier to do than a coordinator at this point in the season.

You do it now so that the offense has a chance for next season

#47 Guest_Moderator 6_*

Guest_Moderator 6_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

It won't be on defense. We have at least 5 starters not playing due to injury and we've gotten slightly better on defense. It could be special teams ... but I don't see it. My gut is Cam Cameron.

He's a great coordinator, just a terrible play caller.

#48 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

I agree with you. The Ravens org isn't one to make brash moves. Replacing a Cordinator at the end of the season while we are still in the playoff picture doesn't sound like the MO.

My bet is on Moeller as well.

But remaining idle could also be the undoing of the team.
I can't see us beating either Mannings the way we have been playing lately.
So, what do we do to make our chances better?

#49 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,163 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

I have to agree with this.
Everyone is saying that we are 9-4.
We are a bad 9-4. We need some sort of change to spark the defense more than anyone. I know Ray will be back sometime soon.
But the past few games the middle of the field has been wide open. It has been painful to watch.
We are not going anywhere right now with what we are doing.
Something has to change.

No offense to the G.O.A.T. but I don't think he'll make much of a difference. Unless Mcclain or Ellerbe will miss the next game,

He'll give us an emotional boost, but thats about it. Something definitly has to change, Ray can't go out like this.

#50 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

It won't be on defense. We have at least 5 starters not playing due to injury and we've gotten slightly better on defense. It could be special teams ... but I don't see it. My gut is Cam Cameron.

But besides the big Redskins run back in OT yesterday, has our special teams been that bad?

#51 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,163 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

I don't think it will be ST. Our ST has been really good this year besides the last the punt return last game in OT.

#52 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,969 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

No way is Rossberg getting fired. Best special teams in the NFL.

#53 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,541 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

I don't think it will be ST. Our ST has been really good this year besides the last the punt return last game in OT.

Our ST has been called the best in the NFL this season (and stats back that up). I don't see it being on ST despite the return that really hurt us yesterday.

Defense has been awful but is also hit hard with injuries. I just can't see them laying that drop off at Pees' feet because of the injuries we've taken.

It has to be on the offense. It is the only place it makes sense. Cam has had five years, been given everything he claimed he needed, and it still has not panned out. The only thing I could see here though is them making a case that all our woes fall on the O line. So it might be the O line guy.

The first testicular guard, the "Cup" was used in hockey in 1874. The first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took men 100 years to realize their brain was also important.

#54 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,097 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

I'll believe this when I see it.

#55 Guest_Moderator 6_*

Guest_Moderator 6_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

But besides the big Redskins run back in OT yesterday, has our special teams been that bad?

Exactly. Maybe 3 bad plays all year?
Based on the player tweets yesterday its gonna be offense. Hopefully it's not a scape goat.

#56 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

Hopefully it's not a scape goat.

Even if that scapegoat is Cam? :P

#57 Mr. Nobody

Mr. Nobody

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

play calling is a big part of being a good OC though

#58 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,163 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

Our ST has been called the best in the NFL this season (and stats back that up). I don't see it being on ST despite the return that really hurt us yesterday.

Defense has been awful but is also hit hard with injuries. I just can't see them laying that drop off at Pees' feet because of the injuries we've taken.

It has to be on the offense. It is the only place it makes sense. Cam has had five years, been given everything he claimed he needed, and it still has not panned out. The only thing I could see here though is them making a case that all our woes fall on the O line. So it might be the O line guy.

I don't think it will be defense either. We've had a lot of injuries, and it's only Pees' first year. It's got to be offense, and I hope it's Cameron.

#59 Guest_Moderator 6_*

Guest_Moderator 6_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

Even if that scapegoat is Cam? :P

A scape goat would be the offensive line assistant. If Cam is the scape goat then I'll take the scape goat!

#60 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,969 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

I don't know of Harbs has the stones to fire Sham Scameron. Maybe Ozzie does

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users