Ravens at Saints      Pro Bowl Ballot      Game Rewind   

Watch Pre-Game Sights & Sounds LIVE at 7:45 pm ET

Be on the field with the Ravens during pregame! Watch players warm-up, follow news & analysis and go inside the team huddle!
Close

Photo

[News] Game Recap: Redskins 31, Ravens 28

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,824 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Baltimore was up by eight points in the fourth, but fell to the Redskins in overtime, 31-28.

View the full article

#2 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Slipped through our hands? More like gift wrapped. Need to do better, this is December.

GO RAVENS!

#3 SSRavenFan

SSRavenFan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Deflating loss - I really don't know what to say. This was a W and we lost it.

#4 johnathanoverlea@yahoo.com

johnathanoverlea@yahoo.com

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

I cant stand these zone plays being called! Man to Man equals responsibly. All day I saw 3 or 4 guys around the wide-receiver but never really there to do anything. Why isn't Bryant Mckinnie at LT JESUS! AND JOE stop throwing it a yard or two short of the first.

#5 baltimore1975

baltimore1975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Deflating loss - I really don't know what to say. This was a W and we lost it.

If I could give you more pluses I would, but they only allow me to give you one per comment.

#6 drillem

drillem

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

You know it's possible, in life to make yourself feel better all the way to the poor house. You can take all your credit cards, savings accounts and cash and go out and spend it up and feel real good for a while. But we all know that when the fleeting feeling is gone you are in serious doo-doo. So I make no sugar coated accolades about this team after the last several weeks of performance. There is no reserve left and some of the most difficult games are coming up. So if you're trying to somehow convince me that everything is okay and this game was a fluke it would make me wonder about your problem solving skills. To just keep on keeping on and go along to get along will end you up with nothing bot misery.

#7 jravens13

jravens13

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

The Steelers and the Bengals gave us an early Christmas present, and then the Refs gift wrapped a W for the Redskins.

#8 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,650 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Facing a third-and-6 from Washington%u2019s 11 on the next drive, linebacker Ryan Kerrigan came clean on an all-out blitz with the Ravens in a four-wide formation. Flacco didn%u2019t get the ball out fast enough, and it fluttered out of his hand and was intercepted by linebacker London Fletcher.

%u201CIt was my fault,%u201D Flacco said. %u201CI got enamored with trying to get Ray [Rice] something over there. It was my fault. You%u2019ve got to get the ball out of your hand.%u201D

^ thanks for the ownership and honesty Joe.

~Mili

#9 Purpleghost23

Purpleghost23

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

Were are turning around from the always find a way to win to always find a way to screw the games

#10 DougR

DougR

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

Can we fire Cam cameron now?

#11 BronzeBoots

BronzeBoots

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

Sadly what we witness today was the best the Ravens can do. Thanks to Pees, he has destroyed our Defense. Cam should have already been gone. And Harbaugh needs to have the backbone to do his job and if he can't then Ozzie needs to step in and do the job for him. FIRE PEES AND CAM. Even if we make the play-offs, with this defense and an average quarterback it will be one and done.

#12 05vw

05vw

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

i didnt see the game but id say pees needs to go i mean even if we make it the playoffs you think we can compete with the pats and broncos and deff not the texans i mean remember what happend when we plays texans 43-13

#13 Ravens>Steelers

Ravens>Steelers

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

I'm so sick of people saying that it was a clear fumble recovery. Reed never fully possessed the ball going out of bounds. You can clearly see it move. Take off the purple shades

#14 TheFredless

TheFredless

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

What this and the other articles about the Ravens loss today didn't say... Was that it took Joe and the O over 32 mins to score after the third TD in the 2nd QTR... I actually thought the D played well after the 1st QTR and held the Redskins to 6 pts on the turnovers... if Flacco eats it and takes the sack on the INT, we go up 24-17, a six point swing... This loss is on Flacco and the Offense!!

#15 wflick47

wflick47

Rookie

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

John said they won't be disheartened, well that's good John. Nothing to get disheartened about. Let's see you have qb that has been the inconsistent qb in the league, a defense,I know there are injuries, but, they can't close a game against another 2nd string qb., an Offensive and defensive coordinators that seem to lose their minds in the 2nd half. You have twoqbs coming in that will probably rip apart the defense and I'm sure Joe will hold the ball until he fumbles again. No John things are looking up. If you make the playoffs and that's a huge if, you'll be one and done. Sorry Raven fans I'm just beong realistic. This team has been out played and out coached badly the last two games. They's also been lucky to have 9 wins, thier luck is running out.

#16 d1957w

d1957w

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

Cam and Pees need to go!
And Flacco is too dumb to hang on to the football.
Tossed the Flacco jersey in the trash today!
I'll get Rice jersey. He plays to win.

#17 FitzaFlaccoFan

FitzaFlaccoFan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

A couple of weeks ago home field and a bye looked doable. Now I'm wondering how this team will be able to win a road playoff game.

I think there are locker room issues that are spilling out to the field of play. I would give my left arm to be able to play football in the NFL for free. These guys get paid millions and are adulated by the fans, and they look like a group of guys who are just showing up. Certainly some exceptions who are playing like a Raven -- Leach, Rice, Pierce, Kruger, Jones, Boldin, Torrey, Jones, Pollard -- but guys like Oher, and linebackers, and some of our defensive backs are playing soft. The coaches are never accountable - Harbs always plays nice with his mighty men and I don't think the players respect him or the coaches. Where's the energy? Why does Joe sit on the bench and not get on his O-lines case when they almost get him killed? Joe's stock is falling with me. The team needs some leadership and it's not coming from the coaches.

#18 IBleedPurple#52

IBleedPurple#52

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

Its tough to judge whether Flacco will ever become an elite QB or not, he has these flashes of greatness when hes unstoppable, but sometime, it seems he gets scared and cant LEAD the offense and lets leads slip away, hes not a natural leader, he needs to open his mouth more! Communicate when things are good and when things are bad.

Now there is a problem on offense and it can be one of these two things, Cam or Flacco, I think its Cam as hes butchered the Offense on all teams hes gone to. Dean Pees is not at fault, list the injuries we have had this season and look at how after adjusting we contained RGII, not an easy thing to do with multiple injuries.

FInally, JH needs to be more of a commanding presence, the HC from NYG screams when bone headed plays are made, JH just doesnt seem to do that. He needs to be feared and respected.

IBP

#19 IBleedPurple#52

IBleedPurple#52

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

#ISTILLBELEIVERAVENS

#20 TheConquerorWorm

TheConquerorWorm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

Sadly what we witness today was the best the Ravens can do. Thanks to Pees, he has destroyed our Defense. Cam should have already been gone. And Harbaugh needs to have the backbone to do his job and if he can't then Ozzie needs to step in and do the job for him. FIRE PEES AND CAM. Even if we make the play-offs, with this defense and an average quarterback it will be one and done.

C'mon man. You take any defense that loses it's star player at MLB, it's other MLB, it's best CB, it's best pass rusher, and it's going to be horrible too - even if Buddy Ryan was calling the plays. The Texans would be nothing if you took Watt, Cushing, Joseph & Mercilus off their team. We are playing 2 guys that were basically bagging groceries a month ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users