235 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,315 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

There is a sense of urgency, but the Ravens say they’re not in trouble with three games left.

View the full article

#2 SSRavenFan

SSRavenFan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

Let's see - Denver coming to town is trouble.
Having a 2 game lead with 3 to play for the AFC North title is doable.
It's not panic time but with another loss it could be.

#3 Bill3887

Bill3887

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

I hope the Ravens get healthy, and work on everything in practice, and the offensive line has to keep working and protect Joe and yell to joe to get rid of the ball when they get beat and I hope Joe will work on looking at his blindside, because he keeps getting attacked at the blindside. I hope the Ravens get well soon, because the injuries are hurting this team no question.

#4 mrzoose

mrzoose

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

outcoached again...

#5 BmoreKing

BmoreKing

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Cam Cameron can't make an adjustment to save his life.

#6 PurpleDrank

PurpleDrank

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Yes, we in trouble.

#7 FitzaFlaccoFan

FitzaFlaccoFan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Yes they are in trouble. What is the goal? Win the Superbowl? Then yes, our team is in serious trouble.

Silver lining will be so long Cam.

#8 baltimore1975

baltimore1975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

Are we in trouble for the playoffs? No, thanks to San Diego and plus Pitt and Cincy have to play each other. Are we in trouble once we get to the playoffs YES. I will hate to have to play again Andrew Luck with the way he is playing at the end of games and with there coach knowing the Ravens personnel very well.

#9 rave704

rave704

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

We must pay better no question about that. But Goal #1 is still within reach: Make the playoffs.

#10 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

They're still going to be in the play-offs. They'll win the North, and they will be playing football come January. With both the Bengals and Steelers losing, it's an outstanding tall order for either one to knock the Ravens out of first place. So they'll be playing the 'second' season. The problem is that they were sitting pretty with the #2 seed just two weeks ago, and they were even gearing toward a push to make the #1 spot. Now, they're #4. They've completely let that opportunity slide through their fingers, with two games they were winning until the final minutes.

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#11 baltimore1975

baltimore1975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

I thought the same thing about Cam after last year and it didn't happen. But something is telling me unless Ozzie makes the decision Harbaugh will not. He just has that don't give up attitude because he don't want to admit that Cam wasn't the best choice.

#12 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

Those statements are bold faced lies. We are in a heap of trouble and everyone knows it. Our line backing corp is decimated, Flacco is still average, Cam still doesn't know how to call plays, and we need to keep pace with the red hot Pats and Broncos. I think we're a little behind everyone right now.

#13 DMAC

DMAC

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Huge trouble. We just lost to the oldest Qb in the league and an option Qb. We are done IMO unless we start McKinnie at LT and Oher at RT and Suggs is a 100%

#14 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,600 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

The Sad But honest truth is yes.
With Cam running the offense, and our injuries, we are this years Chicago Bears, a good FB team with too many key injuries.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 10 December 2012 - 02:39 AM.
Profanity

#15 BronzeBoots

BronzeBoots

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

Everyone knows that the Ravens are in serious trouble. Pees should have been gone weeks ago Harbaugh needs to face the truth, everything isn't fine. Contract year for Flacco he hasn't shown he's the quarterback he thinks he is. Defense is a JOKE. Ray Lewis is not the answer, let him go. I spent 20 years In the Army (Rangers), in my mind I think I can still do what I could 5 or 10 years ago, but I can't. Its called the aging process. Ray and Ed you were the best but now its time to retire. And the Ravens need to be more aggressive in the draft to replace them.

#16 reed20fence

reed20fence

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

Congrats to the Skins on a hard fought game. They managed to stick around long enough for the Ravens to screw it up as (what is becoming) usual.

Some thoughts, while I'm definitely no fan of Cam, Cam isnt the one who gave up Joe Flacco's signature strip sack. And Cam wasn't the one who, while in the opponents red zone on a third down, threw the ball right in the middle of the Skins' lineman instead of taking a sack, settling for the FG, and sealing the game. Joe admitted in the post game that he screwed up royally.

While many in Raven Nation will feel down that we lost this totally winnable game to what most of us consider our reliably irrelevant cousins to the south, we should note some things:

We're missing a future Hall of Fame MLB, our pro-bowl calibre CB, our leading tackler 2nd string MLB, our starting nickleback (1st round pick) from last year, last year's Defensive Player of the Year, and much of their supporting cast.

Sitting upon a one game lead in the AFC North this late in the season is a miracle and we just lost in OT to one of the most explosive offenses in the league.

It's not the end of the world, and many of those guys will be back for the playoffs.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 10 December 2012 - 02:41 AM.
Profanity

#17 drillem

drillem

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Much in trouble without all the sugar coating the players are trying to put on it. The team has some serious injuries to key players, problems executing, discipline with regard to penalties when it is the most costly to them and on and on. If that isn't in trouble I don't know what is. The very fact that they cannot finish when ahead is telling as all get out. With this scenario and the teams/games yet to be played it spell major trouble. No other way to put it. The players cannot afford the luxury of seeing things the way they really are and I guess that's a good thing or they might not be able to show face on the field in coming weeks. Talk about a team just folding up, well this is what it looks like.

#18 rave704

rave704

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Flacco needs to know his worth and its sure not 100 million

Edited by Grapple Raven, 10 December 2012 - 02:42 AM.
Profanity

#19 SSRavenFan

SSRavenFan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

We will be fortunate to win our division and host a playoff game this year. We are behind Houston, NE, Denver - and some would argue on par with Pitts, indy and a step above Cinci. Not good, folks. I still can't believe we lost to the Redskins. Last week hurt - this has left me numb.

#20 SSRavenFan

SSRavenFan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

Go to NFL.com and look up Flacco's ranking. That is what they pay him - along the lines of what those QBs make in that group. Numbers don't lie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users