Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] The Breakdown: Ravens Should Have Closed Despite Bad Call

112 posts in this topic

Eisenberg’s 5 gameday thoughts, including: ‘If your QB likes the no-huddle, let him have it.’

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/The-Breakdown-Ravens-Should-Have-Closed-Despite-Bad-Call/267a585a-8a8a-4b97-b336-7c1b17590fcf]View the full article[/url]

Harbaugh needs a sit down with his Coordinators this week. This cannot continue. We are blowing it! Be glad this isn't Dallas. Jerry Jones would be all over it.

If we had a valid Field Goal Kicker, we might be able to play smart and give hims a chance to perform!

WHAT? We do?

Never mind!

Last couple games, we looked like last year's Ravens that couldn't close out the deal in games they really should have won. Thats a recipe for disaster against other contending teams like the Broncos. We gotta pour our heart into it; and I said heart and not hearts because we have to play as one, not at crossroads. We are better than this.

Moral of the story: If your quarterback likes the no-huddle, let him have it.

^ i absolutely agree with this? what? i'm a smashmouth, run the ball type of cat however, Flacco seems to really want to run the no huddle offense because maybe...just maybe...it's his strength. i think that he reads the defense quicker from it. IF that is the case...give it to him Cam!

~Mili

Im gonna have to put the loss on the defense although all three parts of the team (offense, defense, special teams) blew it in the last 2 minutes and overtime. They had a 4th round back up rookie in the game who had been sitting comfortably on the bench brfore being pressed into service. I cannot believe we didnt blitz him like the Redskins blitzed Flacco.
That was a very bad thing not to do.

We need a passing game too... We have a running game.... I love Rice and Pierce... but we need our passing game back. Torrey needs to run crisper routes... needs to double back more and get opened... Boldin cannot carry our passing game.

bad call or not it should not have come down to it. we r a 1 and done team so it will not bother me if we lose the rest of r games if it means that cam and andy moeller r fired. cannot blame pees with all the injuries.

Flacco stinks...Ravens fans need to get used to this or deal with 5 more years of almost there or worse.

Defense would be fine if we had a coordinator that knew anything about defense...Playing Zone D with a patchwork unit does not work

Getting stripped sacked or throwing interceptions have alsoultely nothing to do with No-huddle offense. Stop making excuses for Joe. He played another bad game and had turnovers in a crucial situation.
Flacco is not a play maker . He a game manager. If he get protection and receivers get open, he just liek every QB in the league is fine. Blitz him and play tight man to man he's terrible. The elite and good QBs site adjust and throw hot reads where the defense is blitzing. JOe just holds onto the ball and wait for receiver to get open on the inital play call.

After 5 years:
1. Pocket presence is terrible. How many games does the Ravens lose because he's striped in the pocket
2. Still misses Torrey when he beat coverage deep
3. Doesn't reconize blitz and adjust protection and routes. That is the one thing that is not on Cam. A QB on the field has to be able to adjust to what the defense is doing and check to a better play.

But hey, he thinks he's elite and want big money. And the Ravens, because there is no one available in free agnecy or draft are forced to pay him. How can they possible improve a sliding dfense. Ravens may be in trouble for years.

this offense has been together for 5 years and still they struggle against weaker defenses when it matters most. truly pathetic!! thanks dallas and sandiego but it wont matter when peyton detroys us

Only a complete homer could think that fumble was ours if they watched the game and the replays that followed the play. David Reed was still juggling the ball as he was sliding out of bounds, he did not have control before he was touching the sideline. The only reason Eisenberg put it in there is to elicit the reaction and to draw attention. Transparent.

Hate to say it but it sure would be nice to have a QB like Big Ben someone who can make plays out of nothing...Someone who can scramble out of the pocket instead of stand there and say hes taking one for the team..Face it guys with Joe Flacco we prob wont see a trophy

So Joe wants more no huddle? Why not. Cam has reverted back to his over-sphincter tighten conservative play calling when the Ravens get ahead. He doesn't adjust and no matter what, has no imagination, even when he is trying to be conservative...

Conservative doesn't cut it. The Ravens have to figure out how to win a game and trying to sit on a small lead by running between the tackles when your offensive line hasn't consistently opened holes all year is curious at the very least.

Well, let's hope we get Ray, Sizzle, and Elerbe back for this Sunday, or we will have a long day coming. Someone please tell Flacco to tuck after counting three Mississippi!

GO RAVENS!

Unless we reach the Super Bowl, I think Norv Turner would be an excellent hire for the Offensive Coordinator

We've pretty much lose the second seed and bye. Broncos and Pats aren't going to be losing any time soon and now our work is really cut out for us. I used to think our home field advantage would help us. Now, with the way our defense is looking, we're still going to lose to Peyton.

[quote name='bradkessler1' timestamp='1355100574' post='1253941']
Flacco stinks...Ravens fans need to get used to this or deal with 5 more years of almost there or worse.

Defense would be fine if we had a coordinator that knew anything about defense...Playing Zone D with a patchwork unit does not work
[/quote]
One thing is for sure. Neither Cam or Joe are helping themselves. Unfortunately I'm not the owner of the Ravens. But if I was, I'd have to give serious thought about the future.... with either one of them.

Reed did not receover the ball in bounds. Please stop the the refs ruined it for us mentality. How aout 3 and 6 on in the Red zone and Flacco throw a pick. That is where the Ravens lost the game. Other resasons may include:

1. A defense that can't stop the run or pass
2. Defense that not only let an old man in Batch beat them last week, but a rookie coming off the bench cold on the last drive score a TD and waltz in the end for a 2-point conversion.
3. A LT in Oher that gets beat like a drum week in and week out.
4. A coordinator that call pass play when you QB is inconsistent and both your back averaging 6 yards a carry.
5. Def coordinator who doesn't blitz a rookie on third down even though is came off the bench cold.
6. LBs that can't cover or wrap tackle.

People have been calling for Cam's head for years, but they don't understand that Cam will probably never be fired. As much as I like Harbs for what he has done with the team, he seems to value friendship more than finding a more effective OC. And as long as the Ravens are finishing out the year with winning records and playoff berths, that's exactly how it will stay.

All things considered, in this game I was actually ok with the performance on both sides of the ball. Unfortunately, both sides never clicked at the same time. Offense was hot for a while in the first half while the Defense was asleep, then the O sputtered out in the 2nd half, but hey, the Defense woke up and held the 'skins down until they gave it all up AGAIN on the last posession to a backup quarterback.

[quote name='ravenwildman' timestamp='1355101124' post='1253987']
Well, let's hope we get Ray, Sizzle, and Elerbe back for this Sunday, or we will have a long day coming. Someone please tell Flacco to tuck after counting three Mississippi!

GO RAVENS!
[/quote]
I thought it was 5 mississippi? But your point is taken. When no one is open (surprise-surprise), either get what you can or throw it away. Why do I feel like I'm still watching a rookie sometimes?

"Flacco stinks...Ravens fans need to get used to this or deal with 5 more years of almost there or worse."

Yeah, and the owner has a real predicament here - what do you do with this guy and his contract? Let him walk and go back to the drawing board?

After 5 years of watching Flacco Play under Cameron, it is evident that his system doesn't fit Flacco's skill set. With this being said, it has to be time for a change. The lack of creativity in the passing game is disturbing. It seems like we run only three routes: deep comeback, deep or short out and vertical.

It's been months since I've signed in here, now I need to just for therapy, unreal.

If Cam invests his $$, I'd bet he buys super safe bonds.....we need somebody who buys hard core stocks......where's all the trick plays, end arounds, etc ?? Why always the same ole outs, & Torrey on the 9 routes ? Torrey is weapon across the middle too.
What you all think about Norv T as OC, & Rex Daddy back as our DC ?? Could it/would it/should it happen ???
Joe is always just a fraction of a second late in his progressions/decisions/reads......I need some Anacin.

I have faith in the Purple & Black.....we'll be back. Once we get our D back to full strength (or close to it) we can truly contend come January. I'm bummed cuz I wanted that #2 or #1 seed in AFC. Hang in there peeps.....We always jack it up at a notch or 2 at the end of the year......we will again this yr.

Forget the playoffs this year. The Ravens are self destructing with the toughest teams coming up. Next year, may not even be a winning season, unless wholesale changes come into effect. That starts with Cameron and Harbaugh. Harbaugh congratulates the other team for winning. He should criticize himself for sloppy coaching. He always upholds Cameron's horrendous play calling. I'm out of here until next year. My stomach can't take this anymore.
Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday Season to all writers who support the blogs.