28 replies to this topic

#1 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,724 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

Anyone looking forward to watching this game? Baring an IND collapse, which is looking unlikely at this point, this game is essentially an elimination game - the loser is pretty much guaranteed to miss the playoffs since even if the Ravens lose out, they own all of the tiebreakers.

I'll be rooting for Cincinnati, personally.

#2 Ben_7toBrown_84

Ben_7toBrown_84

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

If the Steelers win the next 2 games against the Cowboys and Bengals they will clinch on December 23rd at 9-6. That will put the Bengals at 7 losses and there is no way they could catch the Steelers even if they lose the last game to Cleveland at Heinz Field and the Bengals beat the Ravens the last week in Cincy they would still not get in over the Steelers. The Steelers would still get in because they would have beaten the Bengals twice and own the head to head. . The Steelers MUST beat the Bengals here or they are going to have a hard time getting in the playoffs. Also one more thing even if the Jets who are the only other AFC team now with 7 losses finish at 9-7 as well since they are 6-7 now as well they would not get the head to head over the Steelers because the Steelers beat them. So while the Steelers conference record is horrible at 4-6 losing to horrible teams such as the Raiders,Titans,Browns,and the Chargers today at least they have beaten the right teams so far in both the Bengals and the Jets. It is saving their playoff asses at this point and time it truly is. The Steelers can still lose in Dallas next week and still control their own destiny and get in if they win the last two games at home against both the Bengals and Browns and finish at 9-7...

Edited by Ben_7toBrown_84, 09 December 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#3 Ben_7toBrown_84

Ben_7toBrown_84

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

Getting back to the Ravens today man did the Steelers blow a huge huge opportunity today to cut this division lead back down to 1 game with both Manning brothers coming into Baltimore the next 2 Sundays. The only way the Steelers I think can still win the division is if the Steelers win out and the Ravens lose out. Had the Steelers won today they would have needed the Ravens to lose only 2 of the last 3 games and they would have had to win out to win the division but it didnt happen that way...The Ravens in my opinion today dodged a huge huge bullet with not only the Steelers losing but the Bengals as well. No guarantees next week either that both the Steelers or Ravens are going to win seeing that they both play extremely tough tough games...Not going to be easy...

#4 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,724 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

If the Steelers win the next 2 games against the Cowboys and Bengals they will clinch on December 23rd at 9-6. That will put the Bengals at 7 losses and there is no way they could catch the Steelers even if they lose the last game to Cleveland at Heinz Field and the Bengals beat the Ravens the last week in Cincy they would still not get in over the Steelers. The Steelers would still get in because they would have beaten the Bengals twice and own the head to head. . The Steelers MUST beat the Bengals here or they are going to have a hard time getting in the playoffs. Also one more thing even if the Jets who are the only other AFC team now with 7 losses finish at 9-7 as well since they are 6-7 now as well they would not get the head to head over the Steelers because the Steelers beat them. So while the Steelers conference record is horrible at 4-6 losing to horrible teams such as the Raiders,Titans,Browns,and the Chargers today at least they have beaten the right teams so far in both the Bengals and the Jets. It is saving their playoff asses at this point and time it truly is. The Steelers can still lose in Dallas next week and still control their own destiny and get in if they win the last two games at home against both the Bengals and Browns and finish at 9-7...

Basically what I was saying. The loser of Bengals/Steelers is pretty much finished. Must win game for both teams.

#5 baroquenspirit

baroquenspirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

Can you believe the Browns were the only AFC North team that won yesterday? Ouch. Bottom line: winner of this game will make the playoffs. It hurts not to have Ike because they would have used him to blanket Green. If Steeler Offense gets any rhythm, they will win this game and go to the playoffs.

#6 Guest_Moderator 6_*

Guest_Moderator 6_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

Normally I would say pittsburgh would win this game, but Cincinnati is playing this coming Thursday night so they get those 3 extra days to prepare for pittsburgh, so it's a toss up for me.

#7 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,586 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

I'm torn. I would prefer just not to see the Steelers make the playoffs. But I think I am more scared of the Bengals than the Steelers.
Posted Image

#8 edreedfromtheu

edreedfromtheu

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

Anyone looking forward to watching this game? Baring an IND collapse, which is looking unlikely at this point, this game is essentially an elimination game - the loser is pretty much guaranteed to miss the playoffs since even if the Ravens lose out, they own all of the tiebreakers.

I'll be rooting for Cincinnati, personally.

Definitely rooting for Cincy. Not only do I believe they are the more talented team, they are just more fun to watch. Pittsburgh isn't the team that beats opponents anymore. They're just the team other teams like to kill themselves when they play.

AJ Green ranks up there with RG3 and Adrian Peterson in terms of fun-to-watch every week.

#9 Ben_7toBrown_84

Ben_7toBrown_84

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

I'm torn. I would prefer just not to see the Steelers make the playoffs. But I think I am more scared of the Bengals than the Steelers.

The Bengals are a good team but I definitely wouldnt want to play the Steelers over the Bengals if I had my choice. The Steelers with their D back and Ben Roethlisberger healthy again are still very very dangerous despite that horrific loss they had yesterday to the Chargers. Plus, Dalton has yet to prove he can beat the Steelers or the Ravens seeing that he is a combined 0-6 against them. The Bengals already lost to the Steelers in Cincy this season so even though they do have the same record they have proven so far this season that they still are not yet better then the Steelers because they havent beaten them yet. Now maybe that will change in 2 weeks we shall see...

#10 MsMarvel73

MsMarvel73

BSHU cheerleader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,631 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

The bad thing is one of the two teams will end up winning.

CableandDeadpool_zpsb3c012fd.jpg

#11 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

I see the Steelers at #6 traveling back to Denver to play the #3 seed Broncos and the #5 seeded Colts at the #4 seed Ravens.

#12 Ben_7toBrown_84

Ben_7toBrown_84

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

Thats the way it's shaping up at this point but a lot can and probably will change in the next 2 weeks or so...That number 2 seed is still wide open for either the Broncos,Pats,or even the Ravens still. And there is still no guarantee yet with the Ravens remaining schedule that they are an automatic lock yet to win the AFC North...

#13 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Steelers should win the CIN game but depending on what Dallas team shows up on Sunday it could be a very tough game for the Steelers to win and the Browns have won three straight and should have beaten the Cowboys...I am glad the Ravens are finished with the Browns.

#14 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,724 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

That said, do the New York Jets (of all teams) really still have a chance for the playoffs? How?

If PIT and CIN both finish 8-8 and the Jets win out...they're in.

Also, if PIT, CIN, and SD all finish 8-8 and the Jets lose out, SD is in.

If either of these two scenarios happen...LOL.

#15 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,374 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

Getting back to the Ravens today man did the Steelers blow a huge huge opportunity today to cut this division lead back down to 1 game with both Manning brothers coming into Baltimore the next 2 Sundays. The only way the Steelers I think can still win the division is if the Steelers win out and the Ravens lose out. Had the Steelers won today they would have needed the Ravens to lose only 2 of the last 3 games and they would have had to win out to win the division but it didnt happen that way...The Ravens in my opinion today dodged a huge huge bullet with not only the Steelers losing but the Bengals as well. No guarantees next week either that both the Steelers or Ravens are going to win seeing that they both play extremely tough tough games...Not going to be easy...

first...this thread is about the steelers...NOT...the Ravens! lol!

second...the Ravens didn't "dodge a bullet" just like you said that the Ravens didn't "let them" (steelers) off the hook when i said that a few days back. smh! bottomline...the bengals didn't handle their own business and your steelers got rocked, shocked and dropped..by the chargers...in Heinz Field. something that YOU didn't think the chargers could do when i mentioned that to you either....remember? lol! your steelers are in trouble man! the Ravens need just 1 win to lock up the division. now that Cam is gone (about damn time) and Caldwell (Peyton's old QB coach) is our new O.C....maybe that will cause the Ravens offense to play lights out football and inspire the defense to close the deal this Sunday vs Peyton and the broncos.

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I don’t care about the opponent. They’re nameless, gray faces!"

- Mike Tomlin

#16 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,374 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

Steelers should win the CIN game but depending on what Dallas team shows up on Sunday it could be a very tough game for the Steelers to win and the Browns have won three straight and should have beaten the Cowboys...I am glad the Ravens are finished with the Browns.

exactly!

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I don’t care about the opponent. They’re nameless, gray faces!"

- Mike Tomlin

#17 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,724 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

Count me as another who's glad we finished with the Browns early. They're playing VERY good ball right now. That game is no gimme.

#18 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

Browns defense can whoop asses, so I'm also glad we don't play the Browns this late of the season....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#19 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,015 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

Normally I would say pittsburgh would win this game, but Cincinnati is playing this coming Thursday night so they get those 3 extra days to prepare for pittsburgh, so it's a toss up for me.

Unfortunately for me I want Cincy out of the playoffs by the last week so they have nothing important to play for except pride.

#20 Ben_7toBrown_84

Ben_7toBrown_84

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

first...this thread is about the steelers...NOT...the Ravens! lol!

second...the Ravens didn't "dodge a bullet" just like you said that the Ravens didn't "let them" (steelers) off the hook when i said that a few days back. smh! bottomline...the bengals didn't handle their own business and your steelers got rocked, shocked and dropped..by the chargers...in Heinz Field. something that YOU didn't think the chargers could do when i mentioned that to you either....remember? lol! your steelers are in trouble man! the Ravens need just 1 win to lock up the division. now that Cam is gone (about damn time) and Caldwell (Peyton's old QB coach) is our new O.C....maybe that will cause the Ravens offense to play lights out football and inspire the defense to close the deal this Sunday vs Peyton and the broncos.

~Mili

I still expect the Ravens to be able to win at least 1 out of their last 3 games to win this division. I will be very surprised if they lose out but stranger things have happened. The Steelers got their asses kicked by the Chargers and I have no problem admitting that and I didnt see it coming at all but sometimes thats the way it goes and losing to a team like the Chargers with as much as the Steelers had to play for last week was flat out inexcusable but it is what it is at this point. I still think the Ravens despite having a new OC in Caldwell are going to have a very hard time beating Peyton Manning and the Broncos this week. Joe Flacco really will need to step it up this week and find that home magic that he lost a little bit a few ago against the Steelers and of course the Ravens D is going to have to find a way to shut down Peyton Manning who is playing lights out the last month or so.

As for the Steelers being in trouble the Steelers arent in trouble until they lose to the Bengals next Sunday which is definitely possible. But the bottom line is the Steelers could lose to the Cowboys on Sunday and it wont mean anything unless they lose to the Bengals and the Browns. If the Steelers win their home games against both the Bengals and Browns they are in the playoffs it's that simple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users