Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] At First Glance: Ravens vs. Redskins

202 posts in this topic

BaltimoreRavens.com writers give their first impressions of the Ravens’ 31-28 loss.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/At-First-Glance-Ravens-vs-Redskins/362be7a3-f913-4dd6-8c36-42d933512567]View the full article[/url]

i like to say... we are the laughing stock of the nil, along there with the cowboys,jets and eagles

our offece had 3 chances to go up 2 scores and failed, david reed even costing us on special teams grrrrr HOLD THE BALL. spend all next years picks on defence plz OZ and trade up for once maybe get some studs instead of always trading back and drafting busts (kindle cody upshaw etc)

Remember when I said if the Ravens lose multiple games in a row you can panic? Now's a good starting time to being panicking, sort of.

Same story as last week, which is the same story of the past several years- Cam Cameron needs to go TOMORROW. He let up AGAIN in the second half with a seven point lead. This loss was not on FLacco, so the haters should can it now. Our OC and the wide recievers coach need to be gone tomorrow. This is two in a row that we should have won, and didnt. This team has all the talent in the world on it, but we need some coaching. We had the ball with 0:29 left and a timeout, take a shot at it for crying out loud.

As for the PI on our CB there at the end of the 4th (think it was on Johnson), that was bull. Defenders get away with that kind of move all the time. I don't care which way they call it, but call it consistently. Another week where the refs are a joke. Nevertheless, Cam needs to go tomorrow.

Honestly, I'm not sure if the defense aggravated me more than the offense. I could not believe the ending to this game happened the way it did.

we cant get mad every time we have some thing on the line and need a win we dont get it this draft the frist 3 rounds all on def we need it

I felt like the Ravens peaked several weeks ago when they played the Raiders and after that seem to be sliding downhill too much. Key injuries and missed opportunities are to blame. And that is football in a nutshell. I think the rest of the regular season is going to be a real challenge for this team and I predict 2 losses and 1 win hereout and barely cling to the division but in the basement in terms of home field advantage. I think tha't exactly where they are right now as a matter of fact. And with this teams problems at present I don't see much post season happiness. Sad to say but true. For me it's looking forward to next season. A fresh start with key players healthy, new draft picks in place and some help in the coaching department will take this team to the next level. This is just not their year.

This is an all time low lost. I feel just like I felt after that guy dropped the pass for the game winning TD last year again New England. I'm not sure if I'm going to watch the game next week. The past two weeks have been disgusting. We do not know how to win in the 4th anymore.

People, the Redskins have a great offense, no doubt about that. I wouldn't say we are the laughing stock yet, we've just been banged up. It's the bandwagon fans that are acting like we've lost every game that teams laugh at us, so take some chill pills or find another team to root for.

First let's state the obvious Fire Cam. Absolutely horrible play calling in second half. Can someone please teach Flacco to step up in the pocket. Wait that's coaching and that's a problem. Flacco should be happy to get any contract next year from anybody. He stinks.
Just a few thoughts after very frustrating loss.

I am done with this team untill playoffs. i expect us to lose next week. I don't know how you can give up 8 points lead with 90 yards to go to a hobbled qb and a backup rookie qb. Put my high school defense, i have a confidence we can stop them from winning/

Amen @05vw you speak the truth! At a first glace.... 2 weeks in a row we have a chance to win the division and clinch an automatic playoff spot and we blow it...Total shame and disgrace. I hope the current losing streak continues in order for us to FIRE Cam Cameron and FIRE Pees and put Harbaugh on the hot seat. This is just poor coaching, effort, will, and a bunch of other words Im forbidden to say. We are a joke! I hope Im NOW on topic enough for this particular news article!!

Im 14 and I am proud to say that I am 100,000,000,000,000 times better than Joe Flacco. And guess what? I don't even play football!

I am starting to wonder who was drunk enough to even DRAFT this guy.

We don't deserve to win any more games with this team as much as I love them. I must admit, The Ravens are our worst enemy. I also starting to wonder if we just want to lose on purpose to make it harder on ourselves.

Last statement: is Ray Rice even on the team? it appears that everyone is forgetting about him.

Well, better luck next year? Time to return to our nests and sleep well.

Blame this one on the coaches . Harbaugh has a free two point conversion and passes up for extra point with 4plus minutes left. Convert the two point conversion and it's a two possession game , miss and you're still up by seven . OC took Flacco out of the game in the 2nd half and defensive schemes were pitiful on the last drive by skins. Wow, am I angry. We should have wrapped up division today!

HOW is Cam still here?! I just dont understand where this team thinks they are going. How many fans, analysts need to publicly say that Cam Cameron is utter garbage?

@drillem - I agree. We RE-BUILD the defense through the draft and trades, get rid of Cam, hopefully Rex get the axe from the Jets and come back home to run the defense again. But we will win the division by default. The other teams will lose enough to help us out. If we can't beat Batch and Cousins what will we do with Peyton and Eli? It can get ugly for us.

If this was a horror movie the first pass of the drive when Joe got intercepted after a long drive on the ground was like the unsuspecting actor walking into a dark house & shouts "who's there?". It's the NFL. The game has changed.

[quote name='ravensrock89' timestamp='1355089906' post='1252979']
our offece had 3 chances to go up 2 scores and failed, david reed even costing us on special teams grrrrr HOLD THE BALL. spend all next years picks on defence plz OZ and trade up for once maybe get some studs instead of always trading back and drafting busts (kindle cody upshaw etc)
[/quote]

Only bust on that list is Kindle...

Its not the offense's fault.
Its not the defense's fault.
Its not the punt coverage team's fault.
I defend him as a competent DC who can deliver us wins because he's been doing it all season...but this one is squarely on Pees...he fell for the same dumb garbage TWICE in a row this season.

I saw the play call for the 2 point conversion from a mile away just like i saw it for the Vick Touchdown in week 2.

I dont care whats hppening or whose on the field...if a squad without Brady Brees or Peyton Manning on the roster spreads 5 wide on the goal line, SPY THE QB!! SUCH an easy rule.
They're not gonna let the rookie bench warmer throw it when they need 2 points to push OT, COME ON!!! You aint even gotta be a genius D-Coord to figure that out...and they called a Time out right before he did it too, Pees had a chance to make the right call, and insteadm he Mattison'd us.

Other than Oher beng miserable on the right side, i have no beef with my team's performance in this game, Pees needs to get in the film room and pay attention this time.

SERIOUSLY?!!! Where did Flacco go from the first half to the second?! At the beginning of the season i was actually comfortable with the ball in his hands and the game on the line. Now i dont know what to think. This D needs a lot of help too. Ive been a ravens fan since 05 and have never been so worried about the D as much as i am now. I know theyre hurt but even when guys have gone down in the past weve always had someone to step up. What the heck happened?! Top 10 one year to to 20 something the next?!! This D is missing webb, jimmy, ray and suggs.

Never thought i'd be saying this but FINALLY our flaws have caught up with us & whats even more aggravating is listening to our HC who might as well become a politician with the way he tries to sugar coat the crap that takes place on the field. We may very well lose out for the rest of the season & it HURTS to think about. Fire Cam, fire Pees & if Harbaugh doesn't want to let them go he should follow as well.