Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tctony

Blame Game

207 votes

1. 1. Who gets the blame?

• OFFENSE
    • Joe Flacco
    • Running Backs
    • Wide Receivers
    • Offense Line
    • DEFENSE
    • Defensive line
    • Linebackers
    • Secondary
    • SPECIAL TEAMS
    • COACHING
    • Harbaugh
    • Cameron
    • Pees
    • EVERYONE

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

64 posts in this topic

Select the facet of the team that you believe is the most to blame (options in capitals). Then select the part of that facet which takes the most blame.

30 seconds left w/ a timeout and you spike the ball

let a backup qb drive down the field score a TD and a 2point conversion

run run pass
run run pass

unbelievable

Once again I will go coaching. Deen Peas should be fired. His scheme is "LEAVE EVERYBODY WIDE OPEN" every single game. Cam is Cam. Harbaugh has no cojones to tell these guys to stop being bad.

Joe with some crucial mistakes as well. Offensive line was swiss cheese. Defense can't stop a nosebleed or come up with a crucial stop ever.

let the overreactions begin!! Though since the 1st quarter was great play calling offensively, Cam had to just stop what worked and go to predictable stuff.

The defence performed as expected, which is to say badly. Flacco disappointed, because he stood there like a statue whenever there was any pressure in the second half, and he gave up on the third down play in overtime.

Still, what can you do? It's not like there are any better QBs available.

Turnovers are bad. But when you are up 8 with 2 minutes left and you let the other team march all the way down the field, score a td with a backup rookie, and then a 2 point conversion with said backup, I have to go with Dean Pees. Coaching all around was terrible. Cam was his usual do plays that make no sense self. Game management was terrible per usual. Wasted timeouts. Play calling at the end of the half for no reason with no chance to do anything with plays that did nothing but give the other team a chance at a turnover. End of the game, waste a timeout before the 2 point conversion instead of saving it for one more drive at the end of the game for a fg.

Flacco's 2 turnovers led to all of 6 points for the Skins... They were bad mistakes, but I don't see how anyone can blame him for this loss. Without his first half performance, the Ravens would never have even been in this game.

This defense is horrendous at every level and in every aspect: statistically, situationally, personnel-wise, coaching-wise. Dean Pees must be part of some grand master scheme concocted by Cam to take the heat off of him. Promote a defensive coordinator to taken a once feared and vaunted D to utterly low heights that make even Mattison's D look terrific, and no one will focus on Cam's bad playcalling. Brilliant.

Run,run,pass. run,run, pass. We didn't run man-to-man on defense to end the game. Joe hangs onto the ball WAY too long, just throw the ball away! More wasted timeouts. This defense is laughable sometimes. I could go on I'm sure, but this is probably just anger from a loss. Idk.

For the second week in a row,the defense could not make a crucial fourth quarter stop to win a game.Against backup quarterbacks no less.

We have lost 3 games - and in all 3 games at some point late the defense let the opposing team drive straight down the field for a score.

A few comments on the game:
1. "I'm elite." - Joe Flacco. No. We will NEVER win a superbowl with Flacco.
2. Playcalling was bad.
3. You can't expect to win in the playoffs if you cant stop a back-up QB. Both Batch and Cousins.
4. The refs made the wrong call on the David Reed fumble recovery. That would've locked up the game.

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1355088858' post='1252797']
Coaching gets the blame! Pees shouldve called man to man.... Then we wouldnt have lost.
[/quote]

We don't have man to man corners

STCK A FORK IN THESE CLOWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to God they lose all three!!

At least I get to watch College Basketball.

[quote name='frank21054' timestamp='1355089587' post='1252933']
We don't have man to man corners
[/quote]
Williams is a better man to man than zone, same can be said for Jimmy, Webb ect

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1355089691' post='1252949']
Williams is a better man to man than zone, same can be said for Jimmy, Webb ect
[/quote]

Last I checked Jimmy and Webby are out. Williams is far from a cover corner, people throw at him repeatedly for a reason

[quote name='FJX' timestamp='1355089534' post='1252924']
4. The refs made the wrong call on the David Reed fumble recovery. That would've locked up the game.
[/quote]

I don't believe in blaming the refs...but you're right. How much control must someone demonstrate?

[quote name='frank21054' timestamp='1355089779' post='1252963']
Last I checked Jimmy and Webby are out. Williams is far from a cover corner, people throw at him repeatedly for a reason
[/quote]uhh last year he was exceptional in man coverage, obviously this years performance has blinded you.

[quote name='PurpleCityLights' timestamp='1355088750' post='1252778']
Turn overs....
[/quote]Turn overs hurt us today big however I have a wonderful BS alert system built in and I don't like when a referee throws his flag like that at the very end of a game ... It is VERY suspicious. I wonder if you can truly trust games which are bet on in las Vegas. The very first sign of a raw deal was our schedule. NO ONE has been given a schedule like the Ravens had since the fifties... This is the SECOND game in which a referee has given our team a 15 yard penalty at the very end of (a close game). I would like to see the list of penalties from each referee and how many times a referee has decided a game.(just like our last two) . You can't convince me it is just coincidence. My BS alert has been going off.......

[quote name='Strawbrryfld' timestamp='1355090058' post='1253006']
Turn overs hurt us today big however I have a wonderful BS alert system built in and I don't like when a referee throws his flag like that at the very end of a game ... It is VERY suspicious. I wonder if you can truly trust games which are bet on in las Vegas. The very first sign of a raw deal was our schedule. NO ONE has been given a schedule like the Ravens had since the fifties... This is the SECOND game in which a referee has given our team a 15 yard penalty at the very end of (a close game). I would like to see the list of penalties from each referee and how many times a referee has decided a game.(just like our last two) . You can't convince me it is just coincidence. My BS alert has been going off.......
[/quote]

Holy confirmation bias.

By every definition of a fumble drill, David Reed did everything right except stay in bounds. I agree it was a bad call but the game would not have gone into OT had we run the ball on third down instead of throwing the ball in the red zone when Joe fumbled. Terrible, stupid call! Run the ball on 3rd down and kick the FG to go up by 4pts with 24 points on the ball. Forrest Gump Football!! What was the timeout for with 37 seconds to go in the 1st half and the Redskins out of timeouts?????????????? Put your team in a position to win the game.

[quote name='HaX' timestamp='1355088607' post='1252749']
30 seconds left w/ a timeout and you spike the ball

let a backup qb drive down the field score a TD and a 2point conversion

run run pass
run run pass

unbelievable
[/quote]

I feel ya :229031_rant: I was furious over that move why not at least try who knows what the out come would of been....

I blame Ravens' fans for being overly confident and thinking that these were the same old Skins. There's a new team in DC... oh, and coach definitely should have tried to win it with 30 seconds left in regular time.

John harbaugh. 2 timeouts, 45 odd seconds end of the first half and we draw, the timeout, then try to go for it? This man doesn't have control of the team?

2 half, 1 timeout 30 seconds need 45 yards for a game winning fg and we knee

why do we need to blame? will we feel any better? one thing surely harbs is right about - win or lose, you do it as a team

1st off- The Skins final TD was a JOKE. Garcon was the only Skin even close to that area with Reed and (Johnson?)#39 completely blowing the coverage! Cousins lofted that ball up like an alley-oop and NO ONE closed in on Garcon in time. Unbelievable.

2nd- 2 Flacco turnovers in the 2nd half while we're in the lead? Typical Ravens. Fall flat on their face on 4 different drives while the defense puts us in position to win on several occasions.
Oher blew the one fumble but how in God's name did Flacco not see that blitz from the right on the INT? Regardless, HOLD ONTO THE BALL. Another week, another falling Flacco trying to rid the ball in a cloud of defenders.

3rd-Penalties and injuries killed this team this team today. No doubt in my mind. Four starting linebackers down (including McClain) allowed RG and Morris to BURN us on the ground and through the middle. Multiple PI's and missed tackles by inexperienced players killed us the whole game.
This is an already average defense, banged up to hell. Our front seven played well the 3rd quarter and got absolutely torched the rest of the game.

No offensive adjustments in the second half when the Skins D turned it up and I think we moved away from the no huddle which was working when we were using it. The D was flat out embarrassing for a lot of that game, including giving up the tying drive. Just out played all over the park.

Although the Skins scored and it was pathetic. For me the blame goes to the officials. The Ravens locked up the game with the fumble recovery, in wich we had clear possesion... And the gave the ball back to the skins. Game over at that point. The roughing call on Ngata was total BS too and lead directly to 7 points for them. We were not perfect but they took one out of the win colum today.

[quote name='JMUSkins' timestamp='1355090630' post='1253091']
I blame Ravens' fans for being overly confident and thinking that these were the same old Skins. There's a new team in DC... oh, and coach definitely should have tried to win it with 30 seconds left in regular time.
[/quote]
Think the Skins will make the playoffs? Nah neither do I

Also, why does it take us over a quarter to adjust on offense after the skins adjusted at half time?

[quote name='Thepurplehaze' timestamp='1355091396' post='1253202']
1st off- The Skins final TD was a JOKE. Garcon was the only Skin even close to that area with Reed and (Johnson?)#39 completely blowing the coverage! Cousins lofted that ball up like an alley-oop and NO ONE closed in on Garcon in time. Unbelievable.

[/quote]

I'd give credit to the Skins' playcalling on that one... very good design, perfect timing for the call.

[quote name='SuRihtanil' timestamp='1355091892' post='1253282']
I dunno I think the Ravens just got plain ole beat by a good QB.
[/quote]
Cousins?

[quote name='JMUSkins' timestamp='1355090630' post='1253091']
[/quote]Feel good about your team BUT key players of the Ravens starting D was on the side lines in sweats and we had players go out as did your team. It is what it is.

Pees and the D, the O-line, and Flacco all share equally in this loss. Special teams crumbling at the end was bound to happen sooner or later.

Time to take a hard look at Harbaugh for the clowns he has picked to run the offense and defense . I'm sure Ozzie had some say but these are Harb's clowns . Time to send both to the
Barnum & Bailey circus .

[quote name='Thepurplehaze' timestamp='1355091640' post='1253242']
Think the Skins will make the playoffs? Nah neither do I
[/quote]LOL but dude RG3....RG3...RG3. Hahahahaha, those Nationals did exceptional in the playoffs also, oh wait they blew like 6 run lead in game 5.

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1355091727' post='1253253']
Also, why does it take us over a quarter to adjust on offense after the skins adjusted at half time?
[/quote]

Both Ds adjusted for the majority of the second half... our offense was simply putrid.

[quote name='Moderator 2' timestamp='1355092260' post='1253325']
Feel good about your team BUT key players of the Ravens starting D was on the side lines in sweats and we had players go out as did your team. It is what it is.
[/quote]
Same for the Skins. We are missing Orakpo, Carriker, both our starting safeties, and one CB. Great game.

Then today
Jameel McClain -- neck injury, had x-rays and were negative.

Marshal Yanda -- ankle sprain, is on crutches with his ankle heavily and tightly taped. He did not want to speak to reporters in the locker room, and understandably so. The fear is that it's a high ankle sprain at the worst possible time.

Vonta Leach -- ankle sprain, not deemed serious.

Ray Rice -- hip pointer, not deemed serious.

With the injuries we have sustained on defense it's hard to blame this team. We were already replacing a few starters from free agency, then it continues to pile up with injuries. I know people are on Pees, but to be frank I don't think there are very many coordinators in this league who can deal with injuries to their starting DPOY MLB and OLB, top money cornerback, third string CB, other starting MLB, the backup MLB, I just don't see any defense playing particularly well losing those kind of guys. The amazing thing is we can get all those guys back potentially next week besides Webb, and then have a chance to win 3 in a row to get the #2 or #3 seed in the AFC.

Harbaugh is on pace to lead up to 5 straight playoff appearances and two straight division titles. If we were to go back 5 years, say that we would then fire a coach who did that, I would call you crazy. Just like it would be crazy to fire Harbaugh. You can argue for Cams job if you want, the offense hasn't been great for about 5 years now, but Harbs has been successful and Pees has come into a horrid situation with injuries and players needing to be replaced.

[url="http://www.baltimoreravens.com/videos/videos/Kruger_In_Trouble_If_We_Dont_Figure_This_Out/1c301c6a-4d6c-4ea4-8f47-8160c76d4573"]http://www.baltimoreravens.com/videos/videos/Kruger_In_Trouble_If_We_Dont_Figure_This_Out/1c301c6a-4d6c-4ea4-8f47-8160c76d4573[/url]

Paul Kruger said it best. The 1st 1:00minute of his speech.

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1355090041' post='1253003']
uhh last year he was exceptional in man coverage, obviously this years performance has blinded you.
[/quote]

You still dating the prom queen too. We live in a here and now, not last year

[quote name='frank21054' timestamp='1355097227' post='1253753']
You still dating the prom queen too. We live in a here and now, not last year
[/quote]LOL funny guy

[quote name='SuggsBarber' timestamp='1355089368' post='1252894']
For the second week in a row,the defense could not make a crucial fourth quarter stop to win a game.Against backup quarterbacks no less.
[/quote]

At the end of the day, this is the single most pertinent fact and the only real tangible reason for the past 2 losses. You can "what if we got 3 at the end of the half" or "what if Joe wasn't stripped" or whatever, but those things mean 0. Fact is if you change one facet of history there is the possibility of other changes occurring as well. Who knows what would have happened.

The only thing that can't be denied is that we allowed tying or winning drives at the end of the game two weeks in a row.

And I have a "what if" that has the most probability of changing the outcome today. What if the fumble recovery by Reed hadn't been overturned? It looked to me that he controlled it, and then it moved. Getting the ball there would have pretty much sealed the deal.

[quote name='frank21054' timestamp='1355097227' post='1253753']
You still dating the prom queen too.
[/quote]

I'm married to her. ;-)

David Reed's fumble was a bad call. It doesn't matter, though, because the D shouldn't have let Cousins and RGIII march right down into our end zone—twice! Special teams practically fell asleep during that 64 yard return. Coaching was too conservative.

We should have had this one.