Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SecretAgentMan

Broncos @ Ravens: Battle of the Masterminds... Reed vs Peyton

261 posts in this topic

Won't matter. Peyton will carve our [profanity deleted] up.

Today's game was the only one of the remaining 4 I had us winning. An epic 5 game collapse is on the horizon.

It does not matter if Ray comes back or not we lose. LMAO !! We could not stop Batch, We could not stop a rookie with less then 12 passes in his career. What makes you think we stop Peyton > Seriously, we are in jeopardy of losing 4 straight when all is said and done.

[quote name='nextgen_RavensFan' timestamp='1355088623' post='1252751']
It does not matter if Ray comes back or not we lose. LMAO !! We could not stop Batch, We could not stop a rookie with less then 12 passes in his career. What makes you think we stop Peyton > Seriously, we are in jeopardy of losing 4 straight when all is said and done.
[/quote]
I live by the saying ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!

Forget this week, time to move on to the Broncos.

This game is an absolutely must win if we want to get the number 2 seed.

First a third string qb and now a 2nd string rookie. Can't wait to see Peyton Manning put up 50 against this horrible excuse of a team.

[quote name='Bltravens' timestamp='1355088455' post='1252715']
Won't matter. Peyton will carve our [profanity deleted] up.

Today's game was the only one of the remaining 4 I had us winning. An epic 5 game collapse is on the horizon.
[/quote]
I don't know about losing the next three games but one can't feel comfortable knowing that we're facing Peyton and Eli in the next three weeks with this defense. Jeez.

[quote name='Intercepted' timestamp='1355088898' post='1252809']
Forget this week, time to move on to the Broncos.

This game is an absolutely must win if we want to get the number 2 seed.
[/quote]

^ this!

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1355088767' post='1252782']
I live by the saying ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!
[/quote]
You can live by that all you want, at least be pragmatic about the current situation. The defense is god awful without Suggs. Even if he does play he's playing with 1 arm and 1 leg and outside of setting the edge doesn't do much.

How is the offensive line supposed to stop Dumerville and Von Miller? Denver has a DC that actually knows what in the hell he's doing with his scheme and we've never beaten Manning before.

[quote name='Bltravens' timestamp='1355089044' post='1252844']
You can live by that all you want, at least be pragmatic about the current situation. The defense is god awful without Suggs. Even if he does play he's playing with 1 arm and 1 leg and outside of setting the edge doesn't do much.

How is the offensive line supposed to stop Dumerville and Von Miller? Denver has a DC that actually knows what in the hell he's doing with his scheme and we've never beaten Manning before.
[/quote]
There is a first time for everything

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1355089086' post='1252854']
There is a first time for everything
[/quote]
That's another cliche. Again, be pragmatic about the current situation and play of the team.

[quote name='Bltravens' timestamp='1355089186' post='1252869']
That's another cliche. Again, be pragmatic about the current situation and play of the team.
[/quote]

Yup. And even if the Ravens were to make the playoffs, how can anyone reasonably expect this D will be able to contain QBs like Peyton, Brady, Dalton/Roethlisberger, and even Schaub, given their inability to hold on against Batch and Cousins? And that's not even looking at the potential QBs this team would face in the SB on the NFC side. Oh boy... And I bring up the SB because this year was supposed to be SB or bust, right? lol.

Honestly, if the defense keeps playing like this, we won't win another game.

Crazy enough, 9-7 just might be enough to win the AFCN this year.

These boards are so reactionary, if we win a few games were the best team in the leauge, lose a few and the D is the worst in the leauge and the whole team sucks.

We've beaten TOM BRADY this year also Romo, Rivers, Dalton, and shut down RG3. We've beaten really good teams/QBs, yes we arent playing anywhere close to good right now but thats doesnt mean the team has no chance. The defending Super Bowl champs lost 5 out of 6 games from Nov 13th to Dec 18th last year including a lose to a worse Redskins team in mid Dec at home.

If we can get a little healthier and pick the play up to a level where we know they can play at theres a great shot at the Super Bowl.

After a second straight loss to a backup QB, Peyton Manning is laughing sitting on his couch thinking about what he will do to us next week. He knows he can come into our house and win, he knows he will be contending with a inconsistent offense, and he is just gitty as a school girl to man handle our defense.

We go to his little bro's house week 16, and the giants are an offensive machine as well. Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz will blow past our weak secondary, and Bradshaw is a scapper who can gut defenses.

Frankly I do not see us making it to the playoffs with more than 10 wins.

The Redskins game was god awful, how do we throw for 3 TDs in the first half then only score 1 TD in the second half? FEEBLE offense all around. The playcalling was terrible, Flacco didnt show up in the second half and our defense...well its pretty much the reason we lost. Why on earth is Cam calling run plays on 2nd&10 in fricken OT??? We have the first possession thats when you go after their weak secondary! Deangelo Hall looked like a high schooler yet Cam didnt take advantage of it when he should have.

Flacco looked like he needs to work on blitz recognition and quick release. Case and point- The interception, he wasnt ready for the blitz like a good QB should be and was to sketchy and late on the release it got tipped and picked.

I think we are in for a rude awakening the next 2 games. RG3 is nothing compared to Eli and Peyton.

I think we will lose out .

9-7 . Our defense just can't hold a lead against
scrub QB's , they ain't gonna do it against the Manning brothers or Dalton .

[quote name='Purple_ICE 81' timestamp='1355090052' post='1253005']
After a second straight loss to a backup QB, Peyton Manning is laughing sitting on his couch thinking about what he will do to us next week. He knows he can come into our house and win, he knows he will be contending with a inconsistent offense, and he is just gitty as a school girl to man handle our defense.

We go to his little bro's house week 16, and the giants are an offensive machine as well. Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz will blow past our weak secondary, and Bradshaw is a scapper who can gut defenses.

Frankly I do not see us making it to the playoffs with more than 10 wins.

The Redskins game was god awful, how do we throw for 3 TDs in the first half then only score 1 TD in the second half? FEEBLE offense all around. The playcalling was terrible, Flacco didnt show up in the second half and our defense...well its pretty much the reason we lost. Why on earth is Cam calling run plays on 2nd&10 in fricken OT??? We have the first possession thats when you go after their weak secondary! Deangelo Hall looked like a high schooler yet Cam didnt take advantage of it when he should have.

Flacco looked like he needs to work on blitz recognition and quick release. Case and point- The interception, he wasnt ready for the blitz like a good QB should be and was to sketchy and late on the release it got tipped and picked.

I think we are in for a rude awakening the next 2 games. RG3 is nothing compared to Eli and Peyton.
[/quote]Yeah I have to agree, RG3 was nothing more than a game manager this game. Peyton and Eli will gut us, not to mention Andy"throw to only AJ" Dalton will probably have a nice game against us.

Can you imagine the destruction that will happen the next 2 weeks. We might as well be mules and beaten by everyone. Peyton will devour us, Eli will handle us. The Giants defense will have a field day and we can only hope for a win in Cincy but that is a stretch at this point as they have grown as a team and we have managed to self explode. Great Coaching always shine through.

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1355090176' post='1253024']
Yeah I have to agree, RG3 was nothing more than a game manager this game. Peyton and Eli will gut us, not to mention Andy"throw to only AJ" Dalton will probably have a nice game against us.
[/quote]

With noone to cover they could be throwing to Lynn Swan.. LOL Our defense is horrid and can stop noone. Not a old man nor a rookie. We let anyone score.

Let me paint you a visual of how next week's game will look. Imagine Mike Tyson in his prime versus Stephen Hawking in his sleep. Not playing chess or a pillow fight, a fight to the death where only one can live. We will be play g the role of Hawking by the way. Unless some significant changes are made on offense, which by the way we've been waiting to see since 2010, all we will see is more of the same. I'll still watch, just won't be as upset as I usually am after a loss.

Can't even stop Charlie Batch.

We could conceivably lose the next 3.

Peyton will have his normal field day against us.

[quote name='redrum52' timestamp='1355090354' post='1253053']
Let me paint you a visual of how next week's game will look. Imagine Mike Tyson in his prime versus Stephen Hawking in his sleep.
[/quote]

Thank you. Seriously. I laughed so hard.

Peyton Manning is going to shred this defense just like he's done during his entire career. It might get really ugly really fast.

I live on planet Earth and not the 4th dimension of Zimbar where Ravens fans think we have a shot at going to the Super Bowl.

With that said, I'd like to see Peyton win another SB before he retires, so if they have to steamroll the Ravens to do it, so be it.

If we could play football with the big boys, obviously I'd have a change of heart.