31 replies to this topic

#1 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,752 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

Congrats to the freshman. Loved watching him take Bama apart. Excited to see what he does going forward

Edited by BALTIMOREFLACCO, 08 December 2012 - 09:09 PM.

23mn1x.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Whiskey Sour GM

#2 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

He's the 1st freshman to ever win the famous trophy, which was first awarded in 1935!
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#3 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,772 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

Much deserved. Tao could have easily won it also.

It makes me mad how Skip Bayless says Tao's the next Ray Lewis, I mean really?
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#4 redlobster

redlobster

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Shame was hoping Klein would somehow pull it out.

Manziel just has the look of a arrogant [profanity deleted] not to mention a criminal record

Edited by redlobster, 08 December 2012 - 09:27 PM.

#5 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

Shame was hoping Klein would somehow pull it out.

Manziel just has the look of a arrogant [profanity deleted] not to mention a criminal record

What makes you think he's arrogant? He's not even allowed to speak to the media.
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#6 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,009 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

The ONLY reason he won the award: He's a quarterback. Tell me what bowl game did Johnny take Texas A & M to, The Cotton Bowl? What record did Johnny lead Texas A & M to, 10-2. While Te'o was apart of a team that went 12-0 and is playing for the National Title.

So they choose a guy who is playing in the Cotton Bowl over a player who is in the National Title Game?

#7 redlobster

redlobster

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

What makes you think he's arrogant? He's not even allowed to speak to the media.

I'm judging a book by its cover , he just has the look of an arrogant and entitled person .

#8 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,490 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

I'm judging a book by its cover , he just has the look of an arrogant and entitled person .

You should always read the pages

#9 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,772 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

He seems poised and humble too me. For a freshman in college he sounds like a nfl vet

#10 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

The ONLY reason he won the award: He's a quarterback. Tell me what bowl game did Johnny take Texas A & M to, The Cotton Bowl? What record did Johnny lead Texas A & M to, 10-2. While Te'o was apart of a team that went 12-0 and is playing for the National Title.

So they choose a guy who is playing in the Cotton Bowl over a player who is in the National Title Game?

While i agree Te'o should've won, you can't really look at it like that. RG3 won over Trent Richardson last year, and obviously he wasn't in the title game. And I'm sure there's been others.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#11 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

He seems poised and humble too me. For a freshman in college he sounds like a nfl vet

There's NFL analysts on twitter that were saying the same thing.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#12 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,772 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Um, not only is he a QB, but he's a freshman that broke a TON of records who also beat #1 Alabama on the road.

Te'o had an amazing year and has a amazing story, but for a freshman to put up the numbers Manziel did (over 3,400 yards passing, 24 TD's, 8 INT's, over 1,100 yards rushing & 19 TDs!) against the SEC, is mighty impressive and ultra deserving.

#13 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,772 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

There's NFL analysts on twitter that were saying the same thing.

I heard it after the interview of him on sportscenter earlier today and I agree. He sounds just like Steve Young to me lol

#14 Mt. Crushmore

Mt. Crushmore

Crush Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,039 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

He set the SEC total yardage record. The last two to do this were Newton and Tebow and they both won the Heisman that year. I think Manziel deserved it.

Mt. Crushmore always makes about a million posts in a minute.

I'd like to introduce myself. Mt. Crushmore, Correction Officer.

Twitter

#15 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,903 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

I'm glad Manziel won. Te'o was a nice story, but to me Manziel clearly was the best candidate. His play was remarkable for a freshman starting in the SEC. He made some of the best defenses in the nation look silly and set a ton of records in the process. Well deserved.

@gabefergy

#16 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

Does anyone know if an offensive lineman or kicker has ever won the Heisman? Just curious, because it's been so historically skewed in favor of score-makers.

#17 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,009 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Um, not only is he a QB, but he's a freshman that broke a TON of records who also beat #1 Alabama on the road.

Te'o had an amazing year and has a amazing story, but for a freshman to put up the numbers Manziel did (over 3,400 yards passing, 24 TD's, 8 INT's, over 1,100 yards rushing & 19 TDs!) against the SEC, is mighty impressive and ultra deserving.

A freshman who had a good first year. While it's impressive, can he consistently post good stats or is he a one year wonder. That's my problem, I want to see him post these stats again and do it on a consistent basis. If he can't, he'll prove to be a one year wonder.

#18 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,490 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

A freshman who had a good first year. While it's impressive, can he consistently post good stats or is he a one year wonder. That's my problem, I want to see him post these stats again and do it on a consistent basis. If he can't, he'll prove to be a one year wonder.

As it happens, the Heisman Award is a yearly award, so it is proper that Manziel won it!

#19 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

Much deserved. Tao could have easily won it also.

It makes me mad how Skip Bayless says Tao's the next Ray Lewis, I mean really?

I think that too. But now I hate my opinon bc tastless has it now. IDK much about the guy, but I looked at his tape. He deserved it, well done. Now

I'm glad Manziel won. Te'o was a nice story, but to me Manziel clearly was the best candidate. His play was remarkable for a freshman starting in the SEC. He made some of the best defenses in the nation look silly and set a ton of records in the process. Well deserved.

Now lets hope our boy Hundley wins it in a few years. My father doesnt think that Johnny Football is a capable QB in the NFL. What do you all think?
Banned

#20 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,490 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

I think that too. But now I hate my opinon bc tastless has it now. IDK much about the guy, but I looked at his tape. He deserved it, well done. Now

Now lets hope our boy Hundley wins it in a few years. My father doesnt think that Johnny Football is a capable QB in the NFL. What do you all think?

I think Manziel is a freshman in college who has plenty of time to grow. It's too soon to talk about his pro career.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users