27 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,547 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

Ma'ake Kemoeatu and Torrey Smith help me explain the difference in fan bases.

View the full article

#2 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,345 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

Win big and stay healthy.

#3 Grapple Raven

Grapple Raven

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

That picture is Mastercard priceless, lol!

23jjplx.jpg

#4 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

"around my hood" lol Mink is a funny guy

#5 Ravensfansince03

Ravensfansince03

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

I dont even consider the Redskins being the team for Washington D.C.

The majority of people living in DC aren't even redskins fans.I know this becuase I am from DC.

One reason for this is becuase the stadium isn't even in DC. Maybe it was Redskins country in the late 60's and up to the early 90's when the stadium was stillin DC but not anymore.

The stadium is located in Landover, MD. It's about 10 min from DC. Or 5 minutes if you know your way around.

So when Ryan Mink says Redskins country it's not how he makes it sound.

Now Baltimore deserves to be called Ravens country.

I used to work in Baltimore and everytime that I go there I will see Ravens logo's, billboards, and true fans almost everywhere I go.

Not to mention the M&T Bank stadium is the main landmark you will see when you enter or leave Baltimore depending on which way you go.

And last but not least. Baltimore even named a street after Ray Lewis. Now that's Ravens country.

#6 EpicRavensfan2!

EpicRavensfan2!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

now the writers are insulting the ravens fans....

#7 feartheflock

feartheflock

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

I never realized I was born in Redskins territory until my friends in middle school told me. I just assumed since I was born in MD and since the Ravens uniform had the MD flag on it, that the Ravens represented all of MD. I didn't know Redskins "country" went deep into MD. But I was too dedicated to the Ravens when I found out about that so I didn't switch teams.

#8 justifythegame

justifythegame

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

I am also from the same area Ryan Mink is from and had to grow up around redskin fanatics all my life. When i started watching football I noticed 2 clear differences between both teams, a well run organization and a terribly run organization. I can understand old school skins fans loving the skins, but to me the skins aren't the same organization since Snyder took over. What they are better at than anybody else is creating hype every year, hyping under-performing old bums they spend crazy money on, hyping under-performing terrible draft picks, hyping under-performing coaches, and trading away 75% of their good draft picks. Snyder knows how to make money, even as an NFL franchise owner, but he can't win in the NFL because he doesn't know how to build a team. The Ravens are the exact opposite, build through the draft and create your own players. The guys we let go after getting the best out of them are the same type of players the Skins take pride in signing. I'm not saying the Skins can't win this game, RG3 is a great player, but it won't be long before defenses have tape on him and figure out how to stop him like Cam Newton. Football is a team sport, and the Redskins will be losing for years to come.

#9 feartheflock

feartheflock

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

now the writers are insulting the ravens fans....

I guess Ryan Mink is happy with just making the playoffs every year :/

#10 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Im sorry but I didnt see anywhere in the article where Brian Mink insulted the Ravens. If you're talking about the statement that we're 6-2 and ticked, well its true. Most fans were ticked about how we won. We HAVE gotten fat on our wins and expect to win and to dominate especially on defense and the domination just hasnt been there in most games.
Do we still love our Ravens. We sure do. But we like our guys to bring the pain so we can demand the respect we believe we deserve.

#11 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

oops RYAN my bad.

#12 Ryan Mink

Ryan Mink

Rookie

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

@feartheflock and @EpicRavensfans2! I am happy with making the playoffs every year. Really happy. I'd be a lot happier if the Ravens won the Super Bowl, but making the playoffs every year for the past four is incredibly difficult and something that should be appreciated, not taken granted of IMO. Not trying to insult Ravens fans at all though. I understand the desire for the Lombardi. I have it too :)

#13 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,970 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

My name is Mod2 and I was a Redskins fan until 1998 lol My husbands best friend got tired of my ' enemy' colors and took my to 2 games that year-- by half time of the first one my husband was at the ticket office getting a PSL contract. We actually went to the WC game against the Lions because of free tickets, a parking pass and we weren't ready for football to end. In my observation the fans changed after moving from RFK to Raljohn, I can't put my finger on it, unless it was the change in ownership.
68f2a8.jpg

#14 Claire

Claire

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

I'm in Bethesda, pretty much redskins country.

#15 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

We're going to continue winning against them. Just because RG3 knows how to move doesn't mean he knows how to beat elite teams in the AFC. We'll see how much he enjoys having Haloti fall on him in the pocket.

#16 slowboater

slowboater

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

I never realized I was born in Redskins territory until my friends in middle school told me. I just assumed since I was born in MD and since the Ravens uniform had the MD flag on it, that the Ravens represented all of MD. I didn't know Redskins "country" went deep into MD. But I was too dedicated to the Ravens when I found out about that so I didn't switch teams.

The Baltimore Ravens ARE a Maryland team. The Washington Deadskins.... are not. They just couldn't afford or want to buy property in that cesspool called Washington D.C....

featherflock: Aren't you glad you're a Ravens fan? Great ownership, passionate fans and motivated and dedicated athletes....

Lucky... us fans.

#17 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,314 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

living in the Chesapeake/Virginia Beach area, i too, am surrounded by skins fans. since the arrival of RG3 and their few wins....i've been seeing their gear all over the place and have to listen to the smack talk of my friends who are skins fans. i need this win tomorrow! hear me Ravens? i said...i need this win tomorrow! silence the noise....please!

~Mili

#18 #1Ravens/Anti-Steelers Fan

#1Ravens/Anti-Steelers Fan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

I'm from Northern Virginia and this is sooooo true. Every year they think they're super bowl bound and then they do awful. But for once I think they have a great future in RG3. Unfortunately take him away and there still a pretty bad team. Tomorrow is no gimme and the ravens better win or I'll be hearing it for the next 4 years.

#19 vazfynst1

vazfynst1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

I live in Virginia beach and if you see anything that looks like a raven item just rip your eyes out cause its highly unlikely... lol.. what u gonna see is of course steelers, cowboys and redskins. I had the pleasure of going to the mall and a store was called Americas team and it was just Steelers n cowboys stuff, guess what they closed cause it wasn't no raven stuff in there lol I love to see raven fans anytime one comes to my job I give them a huge discount... go ravenssss

#20 Bjonesy45

Bjonesy45

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

My mom is a redskins Fan, i dont mind the redskins. Theyre a pretty humble fan base. More humble than ravens fans thats for sure. We do get mad over every loss and they lose all the time. Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users