Ravens at Texans      Roster      Game Rewind   

Photo

[News] Ravens vs. Redskins Preview: For More Than Bragging Rights

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,034 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

The Redskins are hot. The Ravens are focused after a loss. Who needs this more?

View the full article

#2 Ravenade

Ravenade

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

I think we can beat them. We take care of rookie quaterbacks usually. Even with our defense on its last leg; I think they'll find a way to get to RGIII. I don't even know what to say about the offense.

#3 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,633 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

Braggin' rights? That gots nuthin' ta do with this here game!

This is for momentum going forward against Peyton sitting in our Home-field Bye chair!

#4 SSRavenFan

SSRavenFan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

We control the clock and get a well-balanced run/pass game going, we win this with ease. We get behind early, Cam presses the pass-happy panic button and we forget about Ray Rice (again) - we lose.

#5 SSRavenFan

SSRavenFan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

The only fans obsessed with bragging are the silly Redskins fans who have zero class and don't know how to handle success since they haven't had a whiff of it in years and years. Go Ravens!

#6 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

You can umm...burp, in Baltimore and hear it at FEDEX field, it's that close. So many Ravens fans will be there, including me.

We are there for one reason (after all those tickets ain't cheap). We are there to see our team, the Ravens, play ball. In truth they don't need a title for us to call them our champions, they will always be Baltimore's champions, but...... it would be nice to add on the end an AFC championship title to that as well! LOL.

To all fans, chill the Ravens are good. To the team, just go our there and do what you do like the pros you are, and have fun with it. The game today has many technical pieces, no doubt physical test of the best of the best, but it is still a game! So how does that saying go? "embrace the grind." and win.

See you there tomorrow! Purple Rage is coming to DC!

GO RAVENS!

#7 BlackLesPaul

BlackLesPaul

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

It's simple. Santana Moss is going to go long. Hello, my name is Ed Reed.
Joe Flaco. Do not. I repeat, do not throw high arching balls and you will starve DeAngelo Hall to death.

And as for RGIII. You have never been hit by a Raven before. Welcome to the NFL.

#8 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

Run the ball cam keep RG3 off the field dont stray away from the run!!!!!

#9 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

Who really shut down our run game besides our own offensive cooidnator other than tht we have been running great all year!

#10 J.O.14

J.O.14

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

Can't wait for Pollard to introduce himself to RG3, in a very personal way.....

#11 Nevermore.

Nevermore.

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

We need to run the ball effectively and Joe needs to have a solid day. Lord knows us ravens fans will show up in droves (me included) so I don't think they will have that much of a home field advantage. If we take care or business, we'll be leaving FedEx happy and singing "hail to the ravens, hail victory"

#12 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

This is going to be a close game, however our red zone defense steps up and we win by seven or more. No more will our fans develop stomach ulcers from watching the game.

#13 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,485 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

You beat Washington by throwing the football.

I'm all for getting Ray Rice his touches, and running the ball, but a 70 30 run to pass ratio in this game will put us on the losing side.

Frankly, I'd like to see us come out throwing early and often and throwing deep. That's how you move the linebackers and safeties out of the box.

Next week against Denver is the week to pound the rock. Washington is well above average against the run, and their secondary is pathetic. We will see what Cam Cameron chooses to do.

#14 jimgiampaoli

jimgiampaoli

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

The "hatred" for the Redskins actually goes back to 1952. Baltimore was trying to get a team into the American Conference. The owner of the Redskins, George Preston Marshall lobbied every owner/crony of the other teams to boycott Baltimore's bid. It worked for the 1953 season, but in 1954, The owners voted in Baltimore's favor. Marshall had the same mind set as Clark Griffith (Senators). Lilly White.

#15 Bill3887

Bill3887

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

I can't stand the Redskins, and I hope that the Ravens will execute all day tomorrow, and hopefully a lot of Ravens fans will cheer loudly in Fedex Field, and show the Redskins fanbase that we are the best fanbase. The Ravens have to play a complete game tomorrow, and the game is a must must must win for the Ravens because we still have a chance to win home-field advantage in the playoffs, but the Ravens have to take it one game at a time and take care of business tomorrow. This game is going to be tough, but the offense has to do its thing. Lets go Ravens!!! The Ravens have to be spontaneous on offense, and it all comes down to the game-plan by Cam Cameron, we have to have faith in the Ravens everyone, and Ravens fans are the best fans!! Ravens fans show Redskins fans whose boss!!

#16 Italian Raven

Italian Raven

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

How do they figure to stop Rice-Pierce, or any Q,Torrey,Jones (plus our TEs and Doss,Thompson,Williams who are always waiting for their chance)?? their defence is terrible against the air..they just can't
There's only a person able to do that...and it's our OC..it looks he doesn't even know what a playbook is...always power run, power run, middle pass; so few screens, so many cross routes, so predictable
If Cam can make fine playcalls, then it will be a huge game!!
Go ravens!!

#17 BMoreRelentless

BMoreRelentless

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

I don’t care how we get the ball into Ray Rice’s hands as long as it’s in his hands. He is the best play maker on the team. Additionally, Succo needs to concentrate on the short and intermediate passing game. His longest completion this year was a quick slant to Smith who broke it for 54 yds (50 YAC). The short passing game is as effective as the run game and it keeps the LBs off balance when they have to check multiple receivers across the middle, Succo needs to get the ball out of his hands as quickly as possible because the longer it’s in his hands the higher the probability something bad is going to happen. Hopefully TSizzle can give us a 70% effort but the winning game plan is ball control on offense when we can execute several 4-6 min scoring drives instead of the normal 1-3 min drives.

Edited by BMoreRelentless, 09 December 2012 - 12:10 AM.
Vulgarity

#18 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,864 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

just go win Ravens!

~Mili

#19 TorryGundy

TorryGundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

We need good line play and our recievers need to separate. I have now rewatched all of our games and have looked on line at several different angles. I owe an apology to Flacco for some things. Our recievers are not getting open and our line has almost given up as mnay sacks as we have all of last year, which was way to many. Flacco in some games, have overthrown balls but for the most part he did his part. We have to be strong up the middle, beat the cb off the push and catch the ball on third down. We also have to get consistant running from Rice. Too many time he has back to back plays getting stuffed and then he has a home run type of run that makes his yards per carrry look good. The good news is , the deadskins have suspect corners and bumb safteys. No pass rush per se and short recievers that we can manhandle. Go Ravens in a blowout. Shut these DC chicken and Mambo sauce, goo listening too bumbs up

#20 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

oh yeah that battle between Leach and Fletcher is gonna be fierce and fun to watch