Ravens at Texans      Roster      Game Rewind   

Photo

[News] Eisenberg: Best Defense Against RGIII Is A Good Offense

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,049 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

RGIII isn't just another rookie appetizer. Best way to stop him is to keep him off the field.

View the full article

#2 slowboater

slowboater

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

Anybody seen the Ravens' offense? I've been looking for it for weeks..... Please don't send them to the Castle, send them to FedEx field ASAP.

#3 fusuymada

fusuymada

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

Amen slow boater. When you find the offense let me know. Btw, Ray Rice is looking for the ball also so if anyone happens to see Cam, please tell him that we miss the offense and although he wants to coach a pass crazy high scoring offense, we don't have the quarterback for that. He is more in line with a Mark Sanchez completion percentage than a Drew Bree's percentage. He is good when he can throw the out timing routes and a long pass here and the based on play action but no one cares about play action when the line is pass rushing and the safeties aren't biting because the running back didn't touch the ball for the whole fourth quarter. Face it I am a semi-knowledgable fan and I can clearly see what is going on. I think coaches get so bogged down in tape and strategy that the obvious escapes them. Forest for the trees type thing where they bog themselves down with so many stats the outsmart themselves and don't realize a whole quarter went by and the most prolific player on the team didn't carry the ball. Pathetic.

#4 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

I said this earlier in the week! Our chances improve against RGIII converting 3rd and longs with his feet is to keep them feet tucked under the bench!

But, ball control and showcasing our run game is not our way!

We're 9-3 but that, once again, is due to the defense! As maligned as it has been this year, the Dee still is stingy when it comes to points!

Our "Flying Circus" of an Offense manages just enough points to win!

So, when Joe E-Lite chunks his incomplete 40 yarders 18-20 times to Rice's 11 runs,....

plop, plop... fizz, fizz,........ keep the antacids close!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 08 December 2012 - 10:35 AM.

#5 mettro79

mettro79

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

We can come up with the greatest offensive and defensive gameplan in the world, but if we don't execute it doesen't mean anything. I refuse to believe that Pees and Cam haven't studied hours of footage of RG3 and the Redskins. I also refuse to believe that the coaching staff hasn't formulated a "sufficient" gameplan. Let's just make it happen.

#6 Jerkbaby15

Jerkbaby15

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

I like RAY Rice as a person but he is to soft when it comes to telling people how he feel. YOU are going to have to complain man and tell them u need the ball in your hands period. Ask why u paid me all the money to just be a decoy? JOHN, YOU have to yell sometime at coaching staff too(Cam). You are trying to be friends with the coaches, This is a business you were hired to lead not be acquaintances! Lastly, we still need a big WR, Bolden gets open because of strength. Speed can be match with good angels so 3rd WR needs to be a big WR with decent speed not thin with 4.4 speed.

#7 RavenWarrior

RavenWarrior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

If our Offensive line can protect Flacco, and Flacco gets the ball out of his hand faster, than we have a good chance of winning.

If Our defense stuffs the run, and Corey Graham, Cary Williams and Johnson are playing we should be able to make RGII make a mistake and capitalize on turnovers (Reed, and Pollard).

As a Fan I'm keeping all fingers and toes crossed, cause we need this Game!

#8 SleepyJ

SleepyJ

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

Please Please give Ray Rice the ball. Our offense could some much better and more consistent if Rice got 20-25 carries every single game. Cam needs to understand this. It's fair to fan who know how good of a team we are and the potentially dangerous offense we should be. And start with No. 27. Arrian Foster averages about 24 carries a game and Matt Shaub still puts up good numbers. Flacco can to the same if we give Ray the carries he deserves.

#9 coreyadams

coreyadams

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

i hope our offense shows up sunday. maybe we an score 30 to 40pts

#10 Darkraven25

Darkraven25

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

yeah i've seen the offense slowboater its been trying to get seperation after carrying the defense. Ite been try hard to excute but its hard to gave ray the ball all the time with only one ball for everyone on offense not to mention getting the ball out faster will not make it any easier all that does it quicker rout to an interception unless someone can get open and take this as a factor tom brady behind a terrible offensive line has like 10 seconds to throw same as drew brees and charlie batch with his line who held up better so until this oline can ship up the offense will be incconsitent its there always but the oline casts a dispearring spell

#11 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

Winning a game takes more than just handing the ball off to your runningback, you need a passing game as well that is focused on moving the chains.

Keep getting first downs, no matter what.

#12 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

I'm hoping that this formula works. I don't forsee us doing much on third down though because, while it may only be an hour down 95, it is still an away game.

#13 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

summary: CAM suck

#14 Joe Flacco is #1

Joe Flacco is #1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

More play action / running is how we get rice more touches and Joe Elite. Pretty simple :D

#15 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,870 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

If the Ravens offense produces similar numbers and controls the ball that completely, the Redskins will have a tough time winning again. Twenty-plus carries for Rice should be a must (as opposed to 12 against Pittsburgh last Sunday) and the passing offense should also be able to generate gains against a Washington secondary depleted by injuries and suspensions. (But enough with the repeated downfield shots. Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is just six of 35 this year on passes traveling over 30 yards, and just 21 of 70 on passes traveling over 20 yards.)

6 for 35? 6 for 35? and 21 for 70? now that's just down right pathetic! smh!

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 08 December 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#16 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

Winning a game takes more than just handing the ball off to your runningback, you need a passing game as well that is focused on moving the chains.

Keep getting first downs, no matter what.

Everyone I've seen here agrees with you (and I) that running needs to be balanced with a smart passing attack, using the swings, middle and not that Cam-inspired, low percentage deep guano that Joe E-Lite throws!

There's not a thing wrong with hitting a Receiver, in stride, and allowing him to get yards after catch but just hit them short! More high percentage and First Down earned in short passes!
Towels? We don't need no stinkin' towels!

#17 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

i hope our offense shows up sunday. maybe we an score 30 to 40pts

Play action only works well when the run has been established! Otherwise, it's a needless movement!
Towels? We don't need no stinkin' towels!

#18 TheScout

TheScout

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

This man does a good job explaining the pistol offense of the Redskins.

Since Ray Lewis is out and Suggs may or may not be a factor. Part of the Redskins game plan will involve ways to fool Ed Reed at the safety position.

If any of you have watched the Redskins vs Giants game. The Giants has one of the most, if not THE most powerful pass rushing line in the game. Even they could barely touch RG3.

Can the Ravens D line match the same intensity and speed as the Giants? No.
Can the Ravens D contain RG3 for very long? No.
In football especially at the line your job is to attack. What happens if you're caught sitting on your heels most of the game waiting? You'll get run over.

Hope for mistakes from RG3 and the receivers dropping passes(They definitely tend to do that)
Don't man up on Garcon alone. Since his return he's been playing BIG for the skins.

The Redskins defense has improved a little bit. Don't let their numbers fool you. Their DC has begun to find ways to make them effective. They do very well in the Redzone. The Ravens wide receiver group should have some success against the Redskins secondary.

-Scout

#19 PaPaJim

PaPaJim

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

I am now a charter FIRE CAM club member. Once Reed intercepted the ball and put it on the thirty something, 27 should have had his number called on every play until Pittsburg stopped him and then time goes off the clock and we back Pittsburg up to their thirty something. We win. But no, our cleaver CAM called for a pass where only one good thing can happen and multiple bad things can happen like, an incompletion, clock stops & no time runs off, an interception, or a forced fumble by the QB. We could all see the fumble coming just like the playoffs! BUT NOT CAM. He is too cleaver for that! Dues are $10 a game for anyone else who wants to join the club! Send the money to Santa Claus Anonymous. Happy Holidays folks!

#20 charliebucket

charliebucket

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

I hate to say it and I know I'll get heat for this but I can't see us winning this game. This team is too dull on the road to keep RG3 down. The run defense has improved but is still fairly porous; Morris and RG3 will have a hay day out there. This isn't Raven's football.