Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Byrne Identity: Have Ravens Lost Confidence? No Way.

51 posts in this topic

The great Bill Parcells was right when he said: 'You are what your record says you are.'

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Byrne-Identity-Have-Ravens-Lost-Confidence-No-Way/706966b7-daef-4758-8795-c369e264531e]View the full article[/url]

Although beating the Redskins is important, I think it's more important for us to beat the 'Skins AND Denver. Denver I say for two main reasons: 1) They're nipping at our heels for that #2 seed (which by the way we all should be rooting for the Texans Monday Night), and 2) We MUST, for lack of a better phrase, exorcise some demons against Manning. We have to show him that he won't just come in here and whip up on us, especially since there is a strong possibility we could see them in the playoffs. To me, that win would be more important than the Pittsburgh loss.

Why would we lose confidence? I'd say the media, self-styled pundits on TV, radio types and journalists from other cities have lost confidence - they give us zero respect. The Redskin fans give us zero respect - they will see come Sunday what type of team we are, what type of organization we are. We will walk away with the W and prove them all wrong.

These next 2 games are it - but Hardhitters makes a good point - we have to have those 2 AFC games - can't lose those - we need to find a way to lock down GG3 and Manning (Denver) - we will be sitting pretty if we do. Pats also have SF coming to them after Houston - that's tough.

The Ravens MUST come out strong in all fazes of the game this weekend. They not only have to win, but they need to DESTROY the Skins. This game is very important, and if they come out flat, and lose...well...

one of two things will happen: we will get hot, go on a run, get some luck ala 2000 and take it to the AFC championship and maybe beyond. Or we will continue underachieving on offense, have a rough next 4 games, probably play pittsburgh in the wild card round, and we'll be fortunate to get past that one. frankly, the latter looks alot more likely. I just dont see that championship caliber play from our QB and our D isn't #1 like it was last year due to injury. sigh

[quote name='Hardhitters' timestamp='1354918355' post='1249194']
Broncos & Bengals are the most important games left, Redskins & Giants are place holders.
[/quote] i agree totally . if we are going to drop one it can't be these two .

Kevin Byrne always inspires me and makes me feel like we can and WILL achieve all our goals. The only one that inspires more is Ray Lewis

[quote name='Ravens in The Dena' timestamp='1354918934' post='1249201']
Offense its time to step up from here on out.
[/quote] Hope for the best, man. We'll see what the genius Cam has in store.

With the amount of replacement players we have shuffling in i do not think they ever had the confidence, just the pressure to impress.

[quote name='redravenfan' timestamp='1354921743' post='1249237']
i agree totally . if we are going to drop one it can't be these two .
[/quote]

Kinda agree but the broncos have an easy schedule besides us. If we want a home game we just about need to win out or hope for others to lose

Great article. I can't believe I'm one of the more optimistic people on here. One of my best friends is a Panthers fan and he always says he can't believe how spoiled people here are.

Joe Flacco added more: [i]"Everybody wants to act like the world's coming down on us when we've lost one game. We're a 9-3 team. We're not 3-9. We have three losses, not nine. We didn't feel good losing at home to the Steelers. [u][b]We can't go back. We can do something about it this week.[/b][/u]"[/i]

^very true! and it ALL starts with you Flacco cause you are our QB. talk is cheap...put up or shut up! let's see this big boy talk in your game play on Sunday. get out there and beat the skins!

~Mili

[quote][url="http://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/roster/joe-flacco/3e20766f-6520-4ca1-9901-44389aaea8b8/"]Joe Flacco[img]http://www.baltimoreravens.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif[/img][/url] added more: “Everybody wants to act like the world’s coming down on us when we’ve lost one game. We’re a 9-3 team. We’re not 3-9. We have three losses, not nine. We didn’t feel good losing at home to the Steelers. We can’t go back. We can do something about it this week.”[/quote]

This is a good quote. A lot of pundits predicted the Ravens to miss the playoffs before the season, and thus will now act like the Ravens will lose out to try to justify their predictions (I'm looking at you Pete Prisco). This team is not losing 5 games in a row. Wishful thinking.

I'm happy that Pees is showing Tyrod ways to help the Ravens picture of how RG3 might move and throw. Who knows, we might just see Taylor play on Sunday(that's only if it is necessary)

[quote name='harfordravenfan' timestamp='1354924989' post='1249264']
Kinda agree but the broncos have an easy schedule besides us. If we want a home game we just about need to win out or hope for others to lose
[/quote]Peyton manning looks really good except struggle on the deep balls . I hope we win out . would love to see joe beat him . seems like everyone's last four are easier then ours .

The Ravens can afford to go 3-1 but that 1 CANNOT be Denver. This is assuming NE splits their games with SF and HOU.

I dont know about you all , but RG3 is good and all, but We are the Ravens. They are the Deadskins. They need to be worried about Rice, and TOrrey and Q and Flacco( maybe) and sizzle . SO what they beat the cow girls , so did we. So what they beat the Giants, We will too. Forget them Chumps. We are the Ravens. Recognize our swag.

Kevin... The only ones that have lost confidence are some of the fans...
As for RG3; he hasn't ever had Ed Reed or Cory Graham or Cary Williams to throw to back there.... LOL...

We just need to do as the Giants have done the past few years.... Turn it on Now... when it matters... Talk about an inconsistent team???? It amazes me how nobody says that... all they talk about is the "reigning champions" their "elite QB Eli" and can they do it again...

Can we do it again? I think so... Only difference is that Torrey doesn't "Evans" the pass in the endzone.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1354925346' post='1249270']
Great article. I can't believe I'm one of the more optimistic people on here. One of my best friends is a Panthers fan and he always says he can't believe how spoiled people here are.
[/quote]

You and me Ratedr. Hence my handle! I love my Ravens through thick and thin... I love where we sit almost all of the time. A game or two, yes... We may need to play better... but every team is that way... My boss is from San Diego... He saw me commenting on Monday and was disgusted at how some of our "flock" members were acting. He was saying that exact same thing. "You have a contending team every season; How would you all like to have the Chargers as your team"? But he wanted me to tell all of the Ravens fans that were complaining that: "he couldn't believe that the Baltimore fans were whining about losing to the Steelers at home. For Cripe sake, it's one game; against the #1 defense"... Get over it and go get your Division again, just like you do almost every year."

[quote name='The Mom Gene' timestamp='1354928821' post='1249318']
You and me Ratedr. Hence my handle! I love my Ravens through thick and thin... I love where we sit almost all of the time. A game or two, yes... We may need to play better... but every team is that way... My boss is from San Diego... He saw me commenting on Monday and was disgusted at how some of our "flock" members were acting. He was saying that exact same thing. "You have a contending team every season; How would you all like to have the Chargers as your team"? But he wanted me to tell all of the Ravens fans that were complaining that: "he couldn't believe that the Baltimore fans were whining about losing to the Steelers at home. For Cripe sake, it's one game; against the #1 defense"... Get over it and go get your Division again, just like you do almost every year."
[/quote] finally I'm not the only one :) I think we are going to do very well we have a great team and I see us going all the way this year we laid an egg time to move on. Been getting negatives called names etc . I am still one of the biggest cheerleaders for this team . Time to introduce rg3 to ed reed and the ravens defense . Go Ravens

Great article Kevin, as usual. Since I've gotten older and in many ways complacent, I believe it's great we have a winning team. Don't really care how we got here. Pretty we aren't, but neither was our Super Bowl champion of 2000. The hunger that the Steelers showed in beating us, is what champions do. They chomp at the bit of adversity. With all the sniping of fans and media, it is time for us to go to the next level. It's up to us if we can enjoy the excitement of 2000 again or wonder if we are the next bridesmaid team.

Nice quotes by Flacco and Boldin, however they need to show us they can win!

Go there and lay some wood. I don't want to,see a close game.

I never worry about this team and its effort. I only worry about our all too conservative
game plans. I don't necessarily want 55 but a nice 40burger would be wonderful. That is when we get a lead and then poor it on some more.

Gee Byrne, that was a lackluster article....know who lacks confidence? YOU....along with the rest of us with a brain. The team can say anything they want, they get paid to do so...as do you, I'm not buyin it....Everybody respects your opinion, your such a motivator, how bout tellin the truth. Motivate the powers that be to fire Cam Cameron, to draft or free agent someone to challenge Joe for his job, let alone fill in as a #2 wide receiver or again-challenge Smiths' job. Oh yeh while you're at it, ask why Newsome desecrated our defense to put on this piss poor abomination of an offense....I'm sure it looked better on paper. At any rate, I'm not gonna say great article (smooch).....wanna motivate someone? motivate the right people.

Some of you fans and you know who you are need to read your own posts before you submit it. Some of the stuff coming out of your brains is not exactly smart. If you don't like the Ravens then fine but don't come off as a know it all and think you know how to fix everything. Everyone wants to focus on the ills of other teams as far as injuries go. Poor Steelers, etc. but they do not think about all the injuries we have incurred during the year plus a schedule that would make any man exhausted. To be 9-3 in this NFL is a feat in itself and I am proud to be called a Ravens fan. Go Ravens.

As hard as I try to find answers for a team like the Ravens with all their weapons and lack of abilities to put up points, YES I've lost confidence, more so with the Offensive Coordinator we have someone who wants to handcuff Joe Flacco and receive all the credits. Beat the next 4 teams decisively and perhaps the Ravens might restore some confidence in me

I don't know if we will have an answer for RGIII.
Tyrod, in no way, can help us get ready for that type of QB. If he could, he'd be starting right now.
RG could possibly get 200yds himself Sunday. Look at what Vick did to us and he sucks!
We get sucked up to the line because of his abilities and we'll see Reed get smoked a bunch too! We have to either hope the Redskins have a bad day or we have a great one.
I'm not confident we can game plan or adjust on the fly, for this type of football team.

Our only hope will be to get pressure on RGIII all day and hope Rice, Pierce and Leech can pound the ball to sustain long, drawn out drives that keeps our defense fresh.
Since Washington is one of the best against the run this year, this is going to be one tough game that I bet most of us would have never thought.

Here's hoping all our players and coaches are on point Sunday and it's enough to get the win. This game will be a test of coaching as much as playing. I'm not as hard on Cam as 99% of everyone on here but even "I" think Cam & Pees for that matter, got their hands full this week.
Can't wait to hit a HOT Denver team with 10 days rest too! Oh BOY! The next few weeks is when boys become men!
GO RAVENS!

This year's team, really is reminding me of the 2007 Giants. The Giants got hot in December 07'. Then they went on to the big dance and won it all. Yeah, last week was a heart breaker. This month is going to be exciting, nerve racking and unpredictable. I wouldn't have it any other way! We are goona be watching, rooting, and screaming our face's off! Let's do this Ravens Nation!!!

maybe football is too nerve-wracking for some fans here. i suggest taking up badminton or tether-
ball.

Well, I've read the articles and others in the Raven Nation's replies and I am still confident that the Ravens can play up to a high level. We have the weapons on all three units!

Unfortunately, and I've said it countless times before, I have no confidence in Cam Cameron and I am frustrated with Harbaugh. Frustrated with Harbs because I don't hear anything coming out of his mouth that I can take to allay my feelings that he's keenly aware of how horrendous his offense is preforming and that he's got a plan to correct it!

We heard about the "no holds barred" team meeting and how explosive it got at times!

So, let me add another word: FEAR!

I fear that what we see of the offense's inconsistency, Harb's not holding his O.C. accountable and that the meeting was high-strung may cause our beloved Ravens to implode!

[quote name='mettro79' timestamp='1354980305' post='1249573']
I believe that loss to Pittsburgh will serve as motivation instead of a loss of confidence.
[/quote]

CW would normally agree but, remember, we're our worst enemy on Offense by inconsistent, unimaginative game calling! That's why we lose! That's the single, main reason we lose!

This anguish too will soon pass. RGIII will not be the reason we win or lose tomorrow. My opinion is it will come down to Tucker kicking the winning field goal with about 4 seconds on the clock from 47 yards for the game winner. Ain't the beer cold. Tucker is money and he will pay off big in the post season! GO RAVENS!

[quote name='The Mom Gene' timestamp='1354928821' post='1249318']
[/quote]

You sir made my day. I feel much more better now.

[quote name='Zeus' timestamp='1354938236' post='1249399']
Nice quotes by Flacco and Boldin, however they need to show us they can win!

Go there and lay some wood. I don't want to,see a close game.
[/quote]

THOSE 2 did today... It was the Defense that got decimated.... and is decimated... We need help... We are just tooooo banged up.