Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Byrne Identity: Have Ravens Lost Confidence? No Way.

51 posts in this topic

The great Bill Parcells was right when he said: 'You are what your record says you are.'

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Byrne-Identity-Have-Ravens-Lost-Confidence-No-Way/706966b7-daef-4758-8795-c369e264531e]View the full article[/url]

Although beating the Redskins is important, I think it's more important for us to beat the 'Skins AND Denver. Denver I say for two main reasons: 1) They're nipping at our heels for that #2 seed (which by the way we all should be rooting for the Texans Monday Night), and 2) We MUST, for lack of a better phrase, exorcise some demons against Manning. We have to show him that he won't just come in here and whip up on us, especially since there is a strong possibility we could see them in the playoffs. To me, that win would be more important than the Pittsburgh loss.

Posted · Hidden by Moderator 3, December 7, 2012 - Too off topic · Report post

this is completely unrelated but this offseason I think there needs to be changes coordinators and players they need to get rid of or restructure high priced contracts and break open the check book and get Flacco a true number 1 receiver Boldin right now is a great compliment to a number 1 but in himself he's nothing more than a number 2 WR in this stage of his career and Torrey he's a dangerous weapon but he still needs time to develop theres a plethora of true number 1's on the FA market this coming year that aren't gonna get resigned to there teams

Why would we lose confidence? I'd say the media, self-styled pundits on TV, radio types and journalists from other cities have lost confidence - they give us zero respect. The Redskin fans give us zero respect - they will see come Sunday what type of team we are, what type of organization we are. We will walk away with the W and prove them all wrong.

These next 2 games are it - but Hardhitters makes a good point - we have to have those 2 AFC games - can't lose those - we need to find a way to lock down GG3 and Manning (Denver) - we will be sitting pretty if we do. Pats also have SF coming to them after Houston - that's tough.

The Ravens MUST come out strong in all fazes of the game this weekend. They not only have to win, but they need to DESTROY the Skins. This game is very important, and if they come out flat, and lose...well...

Posted · Hidden by Moderator 3, December 7, 2012 - Helping hijack · Report post

[quote name='jrs034' timestamp='1354918259' post='1249191']
this is completely unrelated but this offseason I think there needs to be changes coordinators and players they need to get rid of or restructure high priced contracts and break open the check book and get Flacco a true number 1 receiver Boldin right now is a great compliment to a number 1 but in himself he's nothing more than a number 2 WR in this stage of his career and Torrey he's a dangerous weapon but he still needs time to develop theres a plethora of true number 1's on the FA market this coming year that aren't gonna get resigned to there teams
[/quote] Not to be argumenative; but I disagree on the "#1" receiver part. Flacco has more weapons than most QBs can dream of, including the best all around RB, and player in the league in RR. He's been handed everything he needs to succeed. If he can't do it with the weapons he has; then I'm afraid he'll never do it.

Now, I agree that they need to hire a new OC. A decision needs to be made. If they keep Cam, there's not reason to hope things will change. But that does not guarantee that Flacco will then become the man we've been waiting for. But they at least need to start by getting rid of Cam.

one of two things will happen: we will get hot, go on a run, get some luck ala 2000 and take it to the AFC championship and maybe beyond. Or we will continue underachieving on offense, have a rough next 4 games, probably play pittsburgh in the wild card round, and we'll be fortunate to get past that one. frankly, the latter looks alot more likely. I just dont see that championship caliber play from our QB and our D isn't #1 like it was last year due to injury. sigh

[quote name='Hardhitters' timestamp='1354918355' post='1249194']
Broncos & Bengals are the most important games left, Redskins & Giants are place holders.
[/quote] i agree totally . if we are going to drop one it can't be these two .

Kevin Byrne always inspires me and makes me feel like we can and WILL achieve all our goals. The only one that inspires more is Ray Lewis

[quote name='Ravens in The Dena' timestamp='1354918934' post='1249201']
Offense its time to step up from here on out.
[/quote] Hope for the best, man. We'll see what the genius Cam has in store.

[quote name='redravenfan' timestamp='1354921743' post='1249237']
i agree totally . if we are going to drop one it can't be these two .
[/quote]

Kinda agree but the broncos have an easy schedule besides us. If we want a home game we just about need to win out or hope for others to lose

Great article. I can't believe I'm one of the more optimistic people on here. One of my best friends is a Panthers fan and he always says he can't believe how spoiled people here are.

Joe Flacco added more: [i]"Everybody wants to act like the world's coming down on us when we've lost one game. We're a 9-3 team. We're not 3-9. We have three losses, not nine. We didn't feel good losing at home to the Steelers. [u][b]We can't go back. We can do something about it this week.[/b][/u]"[/i]

^very true! and it ALL starts with you Flacco cause you are our QB. talk is cheap...put up or shut up! let's see this big boy talk in your game play on Sunday. get out there and beat the skins!

~Mili

[quote][url="http://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/roster/joe-flacco/3e20766f-6520-4ca1-9901-44389aaea8b8/"]Joe Flacco[img]http://www.baltimoreravens.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif[/img][/url] added more: “Everybody wants to act like the world’s coming down on us when we’ve lost one game. We’re a 9-3 team. We’re not 3-9. We have three losses, not nine. We didn’t feel good losing at home to the Steelers. We can’t go back. We can do something about it this week.”[/quote]

This is a good quote. A lot of pundits predicted the Ravens to miss the playoffs before the season, and thus will now act like the Ravens will lose out to try to justify their predictions (I'm looking at you Pete Prisco). This team is not losing 5 games in a row. Wishful thinking.

I'm happy that Pees is showing Tyrod ways to help the Ravens picture of how RG3 might move and throw. Who knows, we might just see Taylor play on Sunday(that's only if it is necessary)

[quote name='harfordravenfan' timestamp='1354924989' post='1249264']
Kinda agree but the broncos have an easy schedule besides us. If we want a home game we just about need to win out or hope for others to lose
[/quote]Peyton manning looks really good except struggle on the deep balls . I hope we win out . would love to see joe beat him . seems like everyone's last four are easier then ours .

The Ravens can afford to go 3-1 but that 1 CANNOT be Denver. This is assuming NE splits their games with SF and HOU.

I dont know about you all , but RG3 is good and all, but We are the Ravens. They are the Deadskins. They need to be worried about Rice, and TOrrey and Q and Flacco( maybe) and sizzle . SO what they beat the cow girls , so did we. So what they beat the Giants, We will too. Forget them Chumps. We are the Ravens. Recognize our swag.

Kevin... The only ones that have lost confidence are some of the fans...
As for RG3; he hasn't ever had Ed Reed or Cory Graham or Cary Williams to throw to back there.... LOL...

We just need to do as the Giants have done the past few years.... Turn it on Now... when it matters... Talk about an inconsistent team???? It amazes me how nobody says that... all they talk about is the "reigning champions" their "elite QB Eli" and can they do it again...

Can we do it again? I think so... Only difference is that Torrey doesn't "Evans" the pass in the endzone.

Posted · Hidden by Moderator 3, December 8, 2012 - Hijack · Report post

This is the time when Joe bounces back and plays like the quarterback we know and love (to hate sometimes). I predict that Cam will be his usual self and call ridiculous deep passes and eventually hand it off to Rice. Flacco will be left with throwing only to Boldin as Torrey doesn't seem to get the message that quick slants are good routes to run.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1354925346' post='1249270']
Great article. I can't believe I'm one of the more optimistic people on here. One of my best friends is a Panthers fan and he always says he can't believe how spoiled people here are.
[/quote]

You and me Ratedr. Hence my handle! I love my Ravens through thick and thin... I love where we sit almost all of the time. A game or two, yes... We may need to play better... but every team is that way... My boss is from San Diego... He saw me commenting on Monday and was disgusted at how some of our "flock" members were acting. He was saying that exact same thing. "You have a contending team every season; How would you all like to have the Chargers as your team"? But he wanted me to tell all of the Ravens fans that were complaining that: "he couldn't believe that the Baltimore fans were whining about losing to the Steelers at home. For Cripe sake, it's one game; against the #1 defense"... Get over it and go get your Division again, just like you do almost every year."

[quote name='The Mom Gene' timestamp='1354928821' post='1249318']
You and me Ratedr. Hence my handle! I love my Ravens through thick and thin... I love where we sit almost all of the time. A game or two, yes... We may need to play better... but every team is that way... My boss is from San Diego... He saw me commenting on Monday and was disgusted at how some of our "flock" members were acting. He was saying that exact same thing. "You have a contending team every season; How would you all like to have the Chargers as your team"? But he wanted me to tell all of the Ravens fans that were complaining that: "he couldn't believe that the Baltimore fans were whining about losing to the Steelers at home. For Cripe sake, it's one game; against the #1 defense"... Get over it and go get your Division again, just like you do almost every year."
[/quote] finally I'm not the only one :) I think we are going to do very well we have a great team and I see us going all the way this year we laid an egg time to move on. Been getting negatives called names etc . I am still one of the biggest cheerleaders for this team . Time to introduce rg3 to ed reed and the ravens defense . Go Ravens