Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Who's Playing, Who's Not vs. Redskins

46 posts in this topic

Suggs is questionable, while Ellerbe and Dickson are out for the second week.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Whos-Playing-Whos-Not-vs-Redskins/925baca8-ad28-4a3f-8255-ccd3003f5346]View the full article[/url]

Dickson i can live with being out as he is a 50/50 with his hands but Ellerbe hurts bad. Brendon is less then NFL talent. Oh yeah, c'mon Suggs.

I hope that all the Ravens players will come together, and this is a total team effort and the Ravens have to prove all the doubters wrong about Joe Flacco, and I know that Joe can do it baby!! Lets go Joe and the offense, and Cam please make a good gameplan.

I really miss Ellerbe, too. That is the one guy that could stop the run this year. It's time for Kruger to step up again. Also, we need McClellan to start to earn his contract.

Just don't sleep on Alfred Morris. Mike Shannahan is a great coach and will have a good game-plan coming in. I expect them to take notes from when we played Dallas and KC. I just hope our LB can hold up this is the best running we will face all yr, and they will run 30 plus x in this game.

Yeah this has got to be the most beat up Ravens team I've ever seen. Way too many star players hurt this yr. Still were 9-3, but we still get hated on. I here this all day from my brother how sorry we are and he's a Dallas fan. lol Go figure.

I hate to pee on the parade but, if the Ravens don't win this game, they could be in trouble. The Bronco's looked pretty good against the Raiders in Oakland last night and then you are looking at a possible 3 game losing streak. Ouch.

Ellerbe's abscence is really going to show up now. RG3 is going to have a field day running around. He won't get any runs into the end zone as we step up and reassert our dominance over the Beltway rivals. They have confidence but we are going to impose our will on them.

I remember fans getting upset because Ozzie used a 2nd round tender to keep Ellerbe in Baltimore. They didn't think he was worth it. Now I see people thinking our defense is doomed without him. idk, I just find it, funny. ANYWAYS..... go ravens

Dude we did way better against oakland then Denver did. Divison games are always closer though but don't underestimate this Ravens team. We just have to be more consistant on offense because the weapons are there and this D isn't that bad they have just been put in bad positions this yr because of our offense. If we stay dedicated to the run and don't bail-out of it when were down by a score or are only getting 3yd gains, we have to give Rice the oprutunity to break one off because thats the kinda back he is. He's a workhorce who isn't being driven. Just saying Flacco does better when Rice gets the ball more it's just fact the last 4 or so yrs. Cam Cameron needs to step his game up and stop having Joe launch the ball 40 plus yrds every drive its a waste of a down that we do way to often. Big plays will come in time, but you have to eat up the clock with the run and quick passes. We need more quick 5-10 yrd throws just as brady does in his offense. Flacco has the arm strength and I don't see how a team could stop him from throwing the ball as fast as he does if we start doing more quick slants, drags, te pop plays, etc. Cam Cameron this is your game to lose so as a coach step your game up and get your head outta your dookie hole.

The Ravens D looks a Mash Unit. I do not ever remember them having to overcome this many injuries, but if any team can it would be the RAVENS!!! It is not only next man up it is next group of men, or as Harbaugh says Mighty Men UP!!! Go Ravens!!!

bend but don't break. I fully expect the skins to move the ball, but our defense excels in turnovers and redzone stops. That needs to be full force come Sunday.

Hightower Burfict looks like we def should have went after them especially chanced it with Burfict ,because we had nothing to lose on Him at all ,sometimes i question are scouting Dept,we used to be the best at drafting ,but thats far from the case anymore i mean we usually find 1 guy in the last i would say 4 years that has had promise ,but everyone else was a bust,all never Forget 96 when we took Ogden and Ray Lewis ,that was up there with the best draft ever ,Anyways i do hope Chris Johnson is able to go ,i really believe eventually he will seat Cary Williams ,But i also know this is def a must win this week because that pressure will be lifted as we face a Difficult stretch in the Broncos Giants and Bengals ,however on the bright side of things all those teams are Misleading in a sense ,everyone keeps talking about our Record,but if we were in denvers division we would have already clinched ,and the Giants and Bengals Have not been amazing by any stretch either ,so anything can Happen ,and anything can happen come late Dec in bad weather ,Injuries ect ,i still Believe this team can rise to the Occasion and Prove every idiotic analyst Incorrect.

Hey I agree when I used to talk about Burfict I would get - everytime. I thought he was a pretty decent player in college regardless of the issues he had when there. With not being drafted I just didn't see a reason why we didn't go for him and I also said the same thing for Danario Alexander out of Mizz when he was undrafted because of knee injuries. I said he would be a good player once healthy and it looks like he's been doing a good job. If I can see simple things like this why can't the Ravens scouting department. All we have are average players or busts of late. Alexander would be great for this team right now if we had signed him. We need a big wr.

its good to know im not alone hereon this one,i mean just for fun every year i make my own Big Board up of all the players ,and all the players i feel will drop to us or close to it,i have been pretty dead on Last several years ,and then there were head scratchers,i feel we Go after Players for need ,that doesn't always work ,i miss the Days when we actually did go for players best available on the Board by the time we actually Draft ,I mean last draft Upshaw was not the best up there ,we should have jumped up and Grabbed Hightower and hell we could have even come away with Burfict as well,and that would have been a good draft ,considering the major needs then would have been once we could easily address in FA or Go year by year because we do have a open window ,but its closing every year ,Ray and reed cant go for ever and it hurts me as a Fan to see were completely forgeting about the defense and were going all offense,as Ray says defense wins championships ,and looking at the Playoff Picture esp this year it is 100% dead on.

The Skins r going to test the defense more than any other team. The way Brady could find Edelman or Welker or Gronk is similar in the way the Skins can use the pistol. So the Ravens have to contain him all day to prevent the big play. He doesn't need to hit a Torrey Smith to open the field. Kruger and Jones, Upshaw and Suggs, Williams and Graham all have to be able to contain. The pass rushing will be up to the interior, Ngata. If Pees doesn't change up the plan and thinks he can tweak it it's going to be a long day. Anyway they need to hold the Skins to under 20 for Joe to give the Ravens a chance.

I don't think they had a chance to get Hightower. This is just a guess but NE made deals that the Ravens just couldn't match. Belechick went after Hightower almost out of spite because "word" was Oz liked him a lot and knew he could wait for round 2 to get Courtney. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if there's going to be a big diff there over their respective careers. The linemen who were already chosen were the gems but hey u get only so many picks. It just seems like they're down to as someone wrote a Mash Unit with players who haven't been tested while other teams have guys who can play out of the gate. I'm pretty sure the grass is always greener.... and every team has its injuries in Dec. I still hope the Ravens can put their best games together in December when it counts. I know they'll try and I don't care what Cam or Pees or harbs has in mind. Players are on the field. Tomorrow......

This Article should read"Players that should play vs. Redskins"Too many wideouts on the bench,that won,t play sunday.Too many plays that won,t get called this sunday.Too much talent going to waste because of one sorry coordinator.

Ya, I see that the injuries are due to our OC....SMH
Get a new speil, this one is getting old!
I hear Cam is also the reason the world is going to end on Dec 21st.

If Cam went on Ir and Jim Caldwell filled in maybe Joe Flacco could be the elite QB that Ozzie drafted. Where is the game plan that I can't predict about 70% of the coming plays? Where was Cam successful? I will give Cam credit for last year but Lee Evans was playing because Cam sent him in. Too much talent to be so bad on the road. 33 miles ain't a road trip. CAM is done!

[quote name='KidNme' timestamp='1354974918' post='1249542']
Ya, I see that the injuries are due to our OC....SMH
Get a new speil, this one is getting old!
I hear Cam is also the reason the world is going to end on Dec 21st.
[/quote]
You can,t play real football or even madden with the same plays week to week.

A couple things about the draft...

1. We could have had Hightower... if we do what other teams do, and trade away a bunch of picks for one MLB. If we did that, we would be in the same spot the Redskins and Raiders find themselves in now. That would be mediocre to below average teams who invested highly in one or two players (who are good not great) and now have virtually no chance of adding young talent via the draft next year. Rule #1 in the NFL... if you don't improve, you get worse. Staying the same always leads to less wins, even if you win the Superbowl.

2. Nobody should ever regret drafting Vontaze Burfict. Anybody that watched college and combine tape on this guy knew that about 50% of the time he just simply didn't seem to care about football. He didn't take plays off, he took entire games off. There was 1-2 games specifically that I watched him where he literally looked like a liability on the field.

And note... every other team in the league thought the same way. It's why at his peak he was considered a late 1st or early 2nd round pick, and he ultimately went as an UDFA to a team that is notorious for gambling on players with major baggage (and usually failing). And he isn't any better than Dannel Ellerbe, so I find this notion that we should have had him to be silly.

3. There's really no reason to compare our draft tactics to the Patriots. They do it better than anybody, mostly because they have no problem selling off high priced talent just after their prime (Richard Seymour) to a team for a boatload of picks, then swapping those picks for better picks when they feel the draft is soft.

If we really didn't like the guys in the draft last year, then we should have traded the pick away and built up stock for next year. The problem was that this was one of the rare years where I think the Ravens felt like we had too many needs, since we let major players on our linebacking core and defensive line go. I think we felt like we had to get a LB no matter what.

Ultimately, it almost always takes at least 2-3 years to judge how a draft class will do.