Ravens vs. Steelers      Watch It AGAIN      Schedule      Mobile App   

Photo

[News] Who Starts: Jimmy Smith Or Corey Graham?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,247 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Corey Graham has two interceptions in four games since stepping in for Jimmy Smith.

View the full article

#2 Yum Chickens

Yum Chickens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

Wait he got an interception Sunday? I thought one of them was just at the first Pittsburgh game.

#3 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Is this even a question? You can't argue with statistics. Graham is putting up numbers and Jimmy Smith, when healthy, is still not living up to his first round billing. He only has three int's in his time here. I frequently see him getting beat, especially on the double move. Let Graham start and make it his job to lose.

#4 baltravens

baltravens

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

I am afraid Jimmy will get beat by a double move or get hurt again so let's start Graham.

#5 a 31fan

a 31fan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

Who cares who's better in practice? Gametime is when it counts and Graham has him beat hands down.

#6 ibleedpurpleandblack

ibleedpurpleandblack

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,608 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

Wait he got an interception Sunday? I thought one of them was just at the first Pittsburgh game.

He did and our offense didn't do anything with it...
The man who tries and fails is far more superior than the man who does not try at all...

#7 ibleedpurpleandblack

ibleedpurpleandblack

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,608 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

Is this even a question? You can't argue with statistics. Graham is putting up numbers and Jimmy Smith, when healthy, is still not living up to his first round billing. He only has three int's in his time here. I frequently see him getting beat, especially on the double move. Let Graham start and make it his job to lose.

Exactly, Graham has stepped up in game time situations and has earned the right to play...
The man who tries and fails is far more superior than the man who does not try at all...

#8 EmpireState_Blackbird42

EmpireState_Blackbird42

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

I think John should take some advice from his bro and stick with the hot hand. Corey Graham without a doubt should be the starter.

#9 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

demote Jimmy, let him know that just because he's a 1st round pick doesn't mean we're scared to play the best players. I think he feels too entitled and needs to start taking this a little more seriously.

#10 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

@black blood purple passion

Where did you get the notion of entitlement from? Your post sound ridiculous.

But anyway, go with the Webb/Jimmy scenario: Graham starts and move to nickle and Jimmy comes in to get his feet back under him.

#11 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

Corey Graham has two interceptions in four games since stepping in for Jimmy Smith.

View the full article

Graham is the obvious choice so Harbaugh will start Smith.

#12 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,096 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

Right now I think there's no question it should be Graham.

bio

#13 DMAC

DMAC

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

Jimmy Smith is a 1st round pick with what I've bee told top 10 talent. He needs to step it up and be the corner we need him to be. Graham is an excellent nickel corner but lets be honest people do you really think he has shutdown potential? The answer to that is no. Our only chance is if Jimmy Smith plays like a 1st round pick down the stretch. #McKinnie for LT. Sorry I have to put that in every post. Only a complete idiot would say Oher and KO are playing well

Edited by Grapple Raven, 08 December 2012 - 03:10 AM.
Profanity

#14 TorryGundy

TorryGundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

You play the hot player, Graham. I am not sure how Jimmy plays in the Nickle inside. He has stiff hips. My concern with him is when RG3 extends plays, will he have the discipline to stay home and not get beat for a double move over the top. I think Graham is also a better open field takler which will also make a big difference.

#15 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

Jimmy had a sports hernia and a pulled groin and y'all shocked we haven't seen his 1st round talent yet. Maybe for the rest of this season he should allow everything shallow and defend the deep pass like so many healthy corners do.

Edited by Hardhitters, 07 December 2012 - 02:36 PM.

#16 kevraves

kevraves

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

go with the hot hand...as they say...this game coming up is not time for someone to be chasing receivers with their back turned to the ball.

#17 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

Graham should start but jimmy when healthy should be back on the field brown kinda looked lost last two games. here's hoping he can stay healthy . not the biggest fan of our corners until graham started getting playing time

Edited by redravenfan, 07 December 2012 - 02:39 PM.

#18 a 31fan

a 31fan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

Jimmy had a sports hernia and a pulled groin and y'all shocked we haven't seen his 1st round talent yet. Maybe for the rest of this season he should allow everything shallow and defend the deep pass like so many healthy corners do.

I know this a bit off subject, but is anyone else a little concerned with this injury plagued season? Most occurring early in the season. Who's the conditioning coach and why hasnt he been fired yet?

#19 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

@a 31fan

Somethings are just out of peoples control, most of the injuries came from heavy contact. Ray arm, Suggs arm, Jimmy being landed on. In a sense our conditioning coach should get a bonus check for having these players back on the field in a timely manner. We lost 3 stars (Ray, Suggs, Webb) and got 2 of them right back. Might have to fire the guy who's in charge of player padding, lol.

But yea I feel where you're coming from.

Edited by Hardhitters, 07 December 2012 - 02:52 PM.

#20 gametime

gametime

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

Graham should start hands down....he has looked alot better than Jimmy Smith....either way they will both be on the field alot....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users