Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Dennis Dixon Impressively Simulates RGIII In Practice

30 posts in this topic

Practice squad quarterback Dennis Dixon ran the option offense in college at Oregon.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Dennis-Dixon-Impressively-Simulates-RGIII-In-Practice/9d2a4f8b-9015-46ad-9ed8-8f5f8f96ddd8]View the full article[/url]

What I'm most worried about is the over pursueing, going too fast at RG3 and him sidestepping our guys. Ya gotta keep him in your sights.

This is good. Anything we can do to try and simulate the option offense will be beneficial to the max. The reason the Redskins haven't won more games with the option attack is because they are still young and inexperienced. With their win over New York they are probably thinking they have a shot against us. Let's put them back in their place and show who really rules the Battle of the Beltway!

Keep in mind that the Redskins are 1-4 this season against teams above .500. They are 5-2 against teams .500 or worse.

I think people are overhyping this team.

Conversely, the Ravens are 3-2 against above .500 teams, and 6-1 against .500 teams or worse.

First down, move the chains, first down, move the chains, first downs lead to touchdowns. Stop always trying to throw it deep, deep passes are beautiful when completed but when incomplete the offense struggles. A cannon arm, west coast offense and plenty of Ray Rice would kill most defenses. But we throw so many incomplete deep passes a no-huddle offense couldn't work because the deep receiver would be tired at the line and sub-ing him would defeat the no-huddle.

[quote name='Hardhitters' timestamp='1354903948' post='1248995']
Who simulated Charlie Batch?

But anyway, just play football and don't over think it. Upshaw is ready for guys like him on the edge.
[/quote]lol thats funny

[quote name='CalvinSmoke' timestamp='1354900365' post='1248960']
Well... Our defense of old was known for shutting down gimmicks. We single handedly ended the Wild-Cat era lol.
[/quote] i love the graphic i have been trying to make one of the thing with leach's head on it but it keep coming out lame.

defense need to stay on base on 3rd and short, that when RG3 pull the ball back to run, dnt be to aggressive keep him inside the pocket and make him run to the left

@hardhitters what you said is exactly what's wrong with the offense. We should take like 5 to 6 deep shots a game. Against Pitt I feel like we took that many on one drive. Torrey smiths best game this year was against San Diego and most of his catches were not long passes. If we're able to have methatical drives that's gonna open up the deep play and give us better chances. Deep passes also don't help flacco get in rhythm and when flaccos in rhythm he's close to unstoppable

@breden16

Right, those middle crosses and slants to Torrey was a thing of beauty getting that YAC. Whenever we have 3rd & 2 I wouldn't be thinking deep, TD or 10yds (unless very available) I would be thinking 3 yds. Move the chains, save the defense. If Torrey cover guy is next to him (even with Torrey's speed) void the deep pass on 3rd & short.

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, December 8, 2012 - Off topic · Report post

[quote name='Bruce_Almty' timestamp='1354911107' post='1249095']
Does RG sometimes wear his hair in pigtails?
[/quote]

Yes, when he and the center switch positions.

[quote name='redravenfan' timestamp='1354909360' post='1249077']
i love the graphic i have been trying to make one of the thing with leach's head on it but it keep coming out lame.
[/quote] haha thank you. Leach would be cool to put on... I actually didn't even consider that

The Ravens had Dixon on the practice squad for a pretty good length of time. Pees
knew that his defense was going to play the Redskins this Sunday. So why wait until yesterday? Especially if Dixon ran the option offense at Oregon. It's like he seemed really surprised to just find it out. Don't these coaches study what their players did
in college. Sunday is make or break.

I hope we cut Taylor and promote Dixon to backup QB this offseason. I haven't liked Taylor as Joe's backup for as long as he's had the job, and I was rooting for Painter last offseason. Dixon seems cool (for a former Steeler), and he's a fairly effective QB.

[quote name='Purpleghost23' timestamp='1354902525' post='1248980']
he is even copying the rg 3 smile..man this dude is good lol
[/quote]

actually laughed out loud on that one, nice job

Taylor sucked in the pre-season.... I like dixon even though he is a former steeler I say let Dixon join the roster next season. Hell cut someone and out him on now. What has deonte thompson been doing? he's still here yet he does notttthiiiinnngg our WR corps is good enough without an undrafted free agent rookie WR. Williams and doss can help out on kick rteurns if jones's out for the game.

[quote name='CalvinSmoke' timestamp='1354900365' post='1248960']
Well... Our defense of old was known for shutting down gimmicks. We single handedly ended the Wild-Cat era lol.
[/quote]

Man you know what's funny about this? People I talk to that are fans of other teams always try to play like they don't remember Miami running that and us stopping it every time :lol: It was a fad that quickly died once they started playing the Ravens.

[quote name='rlh445' timestamp='1355000576' post='1249754']
Man you know what's funny about this? People I talk to that are fans of other teams always try to play like they don't remember Miami running that and us stopping it every time :lol: It was a fad that quickly died once they started playing the Ravens.
[/quote]yessir. they were on a tear with that firnation. ran into us got shut down