Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 12/7: Broncos Win Puts Heat On Ravens

85 posts in this topic

Kruger fined $5,000. Did Newton diss Lewis? NFL may eliminate kickoffs. Bad blood. Picks.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-127-Broncos-Win-Puts-Heat-On-Ravens/8a7614a6-e38a-4988-8a9b-cd0b72d5a9f7]View the full article[/url]

I love the playoffs but i hate fighting for seeding. as soon as i think i got it right it changes . I love that all the pundits have us losing sunday . I like being the underdog .

If only fans could vote to remove Goddell from the commissioner's role then we wouldn't have to hear the idea of axeing kickoffs.

Wow went from #2 seed to hope we can get a playoff spot danger.....need to tighten up Ravens!

I will be at the game section 222, row 15, seat 3...I will be the screaming idiot in purple and black, give me a reason to get loud baby!

GO RAVENS!

The Bengals scored a ton on the Redskins, so will the Ravens. Ravens 34 Redskins 24. I think Rice WILL be able to run in this game. Rice heats up in December. GO RAVENS!

Well we let that pits game slip away from us... Im freaking tired of letting games slip away. I say we scrap the no huddle and go back to what made Joe and rice so effective in past years THE play action pass!!! :D

@ravenwildman...We'll have 6 in section 227, same row...bringing B-more to the other MD team!! Let's make this one another home game!!

All the experts picked us to win last weekend and look what happened. Maybe the Skins will believe all they have to do is show up to win, just like we did last weekend. Everyone is picking the Skins this weekend, maybe that's a good position for these Ravens. Maybe they were exposed last weekend though and the rest of the year could be pretty tough, only time will tell.

I really hope that we win all the games but there is a good chance that we are one of the lower seeds in the playoffs, too. Everyone knew we had a tough schedule this year.

what we need is the no-huddle offense we need to tire there defense that will allow run up against one of the best rush defense in the nfl.

I love how pundits confuse red hot with beaten a few weak teams. Ravens have struggled this season against, and lost to, the best defences. Redskins are in no way a top defence. Broncos remind me a lot of the Bungles last season. Beat the weak teams, lose to playoff bound teams. The Ravens are playoff bound.

Boy do I love this: Torrey Smith asked Joe Theismann for an autograph and Theismann flat out said "NO" and kept walking. Great story, because if it were one of today's players being discussed... maybe Jay Cutler, you'll see Theismann running his mouth about how the player is "bad for the game". Once these guys retire and go into the TV booth all of a sudden they morph into "rational model citizens"; give me a bleeping break!

I listen to Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter, Mike Ditka... talk and analyze other players/coaches from a high horse and I'm thinking, "Dude, it wasn't too long ago you were in the game; nobody ever mistook you for a good ambassador for the game!" Boys and Girls, the lesson is believe only a smidgen of what you see and virtually nothing you hear from these so-called players/coaches-turned-analysts.

[quote name='Ravensfan4life2010' timestamp='1354893563' post='1248900']
what we need is the no-huddle offense we need to tire there defense that will allow run up against one of the best rush defense in the nfl.
[/quote] What we need is a balanced attack. The no-huddle didn't work out too well earlier in the season. What we need is for Flacco to throw better than 48% and not hang on to the ball too long in the pocket, and either run or throw it away. What we need is for the coaches to man up and actually adjust DURING the game.

And most of all...what we need is an OC who actually runs an offense.

This team needs to wake up and stop lollygagging.

Yes, I just lollygagging in a sentence. :)

It shouldn't come as a surprise that Harbs and Tomlin have bad blood with each other. Pittsburgh and Baltimore coaches will never get along, we just hate each other inside and out. This is no different than Billick and Cowher. Anyways I'm surprised to see so many analyst picking the Redskins. Let's show them who knows how to win!

[quote name='roamingcharges' timestamp='1354894222' post='1248911']
Boy do I love this: Torrey Smith asked Joe Theismann for an autograph and Theismann flat out said "NO" and kept walking. Great story, because if it were one of today's players being discussed... maybe Jay Cutler, you'll see Theismann running his mouth about how the player is "bad for the game". Once these guys retire and go into the TV booth all of a sudden they morph into "rational model citizens"; give me a bleeping break!

I listen to Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter, Mike Ditka... talk and analyze other players/coaches from a high horse and I'm thinking, "Dude, it wasn't too long ago you were in the game; nobody ever mistook you for a good ambassador for the game!" Boys and Girls, the lesson is believe only a smidgen of what you see and virtually nothing you hear from these so-called players/coaches-turned-analysts.
[/quote] You're spot on. Most of those analysts were complete d nozzles as players and/or coaches, and are likely no different today. Yet they sit there in front of the camer with their judgemental, self-righteous attitude, telling players and coaches how they should act. Pffft...idiots.

And Joe Theeeesmann has alwasy been a d bag. Heck, he changed the pronunciation of his name to ryhme with Heisam. (Although he'll tell you that the coaches convinced him to do so) Despite him being a golden domer (GO IRISH!!!), I've never like Theeesmann.

5 total no-huddle plays is inexcusable coming from someone who said there would be more of that for our offense earlier in the season.

Finally people are picking the lesser team to beat us. That makes me feel a little better about our chances

At some point, the way rules are changing, in 20 years football will be reduced to each team lining up at the 50 yard line, breakdancing and insulting each other for judges' scores!

By that time, we'll all be cheering on soccer, the other Futbol!

~ ~ ~

Harbs said: "Peyton Manning now has the luxury of comfortably sitting on his couch Sunday afternoon".

No, No, No, John! Don't shuck the weight! Your unimaginative, under-achieving Offense lost the No. 2 seed, a first-round bye and home-field advantage in the divisional round, and we know who runs that!

Our 'Wild Card' billet and likely early exit will force the FO to do what you failed to do during the BYE! Get rid of that consistently inconsistent cancer on the Offense!

@ravenwildman - rolling about 8 deep to the game!!!

and yes you are correct - our playoff aspirations are in jeopardy and we MUST win from here on out. RG3, Payton, Eli and Dalton are all good QB's and there is nothing I've seen from our offense this year that has me counting my chickens yet...

Thiesman was probably drunk or between his pain meds.........And they are taking away a major part of our offense if they banish kickoffs.....C'mon Flacco if ya want to be here...........PROVE IT!

[quote name='Ravensfan4life2010' timestamp='1354893563' post='1248900']
[/quote]

Your coaching would be just as bad as Cam's - Skins have the 32 ranked passing defense - you spread them out 5 wide and pass on them all day long!!!! They have the 4th ranked rushing defense, you don't run against them!!!

Same thing against the Steeler's - they have the #1 passing defense for a reason and we tried to go deep on them all game so Cam and Harbs can stroke their ego and guess what it didn't work - now we have to fight to stay alive and basically win out to control our playoff hopes, when all we had to do was win last week and it was basically a done deal....smh

Torrey should have screamed at Theismann "That's why LT broke your leg!!!" as Theismann was walking off..lol.

[quote name='Mad Scientist Too' timestamp='1354897411' post='1248937']
To all those out there advocating getting rid of Cam Cameron, who would you replace him with that is any better????
[/quote] I would replace Cam with Howard the freaking DUCK!! Simply getting rid of that "coach" is an instant improvement.

On another note, if the Redskins defense is that bad, then there's no reason in any universe for Flacco and/or Rice not to shred them even further, and those deep balls that fell off last game should almost always be made this game.

lol they act like its more of a Honor for Ray lewis to get to play with RG111 which is a complete Joke ,hes a good QB ,but hes like Vick ,his time will come and he wont be in this league for long ,Ray lewis 17 seasons future HOF lol i mean come on man ,if Ray was in his Prime RG# would look more like RG0 ,Also this is a Game we cant afford to lose we must find a way Denver at Home is a bit Misleading considering what division Denver is in so i wish they kept all the Manning talk at a low until he beats a team that is actually worth mentioning,Cam needs to Dump His playbook this week and as Kobe would say Put his big boy Pants on ,because not only is his Job on the Line as far as im concerned he may just take Flacco down with him ,and we will never truly Know if Flacco was a elite QB or not because of Cam,utilize rice and dont forget hes on the team this week like last week in the 4th QTR against Pitt thats all us Fans ask of you and trust me nothing more aside from atleast pretending you can be a off cord in the NFL.

[quote name='DarkKnight52' timestamp='1354898405' post='1248944']
lol they act like its more of a Honor for Ray lewis to get to play with RG111 which is a complete Joke ,hes a good QB ,but hes like Vick ,his time will come and he wont be in this league for long ,Ray lewis 17 seasons future HOF lol i mean come on man ,if Ray was in his Prime RG# would look more like RG0 ,Also this is a Game we cant afford to lose we must find a way Denver at Home is a bit Misleading considering what division Denver is in so i wish they kept all the Manning talk at a low until he beats a team that is actually worth mentioning,Cam needs to Dump His playbook this week and as Kobe would say Put his big boy Pants on ,because not only is his Job on the Line as far as im concerned he may just take Flacco down with him ,and we will never truly Know if Flacco was a elite QB or not because of Cam,utilize rice and dont forget hes on the team this week like last week in the 4th QTR against Pitt thats all us Fans ask of you and trust me nothing more aside from atleast pretending you can be a off cord in the NFL.
[/quote]RG3 is nothing like Vick, He has better worth ethic, he's a better passer and he makes better decision than most QB's that's been in the league longer than he has, you can look at his passer rating and see that, he's 2nd in the league. He probably would be #1 if he's receivers held on to the ball. With Vick you just had to worry about him running, RG3 can beat you with his legs and arm. So how is is just like Vick?

RGIII seems like a good kid with a head on his shoulders, I wondered if Harbs comment would come back to bite him in the butt.

[quote name='Mad Scientist Too' timestamp='1354897411' post='1248937']
To all those out there advocating getting rid of Cam Cameron, who would you replace him with that is any better????
[/quote]

Well, have you wondered why he doesn't get offers in the off season to become a Head Coach? We've lost 2 Defensive Coordinators to HC positions during his tenure! He's on nobody's list!

But, in answer, Jim Caldwell is already on the staff, Norv Turner will be available at year's end and there's many young guns out there on other teams that aren't as stoic as that stick in the mud!

If Tomlin is upset about Harbs calling the Ravens a tougher team then he is a little whiny baby. In that game, the Ravens (on the Road) were the tougher team, albeit only by 3 points. I hope the Ravens see the Steelers in the Playoffs and beat them down. The fact that Tomlin even cares what Harbs says about it his own team, means that he isn't a focused coach and gets distracted by nonsense.

Tomlin was just displaying sour grapes, because despite getting the win last Sunday, he knows the Ravens are still 2 full games up on the Steelers. He was also peeved because Pollard was a wrecking ball to their team. Wallace/Sanders both felt the pain...so will RGIII this weekend.

And on this RG3 debate, I don't think he is like Vick, but he is no future hall of famer either. Let's see if he can avoid injuries and keep his stats up for 2-3 seasons before calling him the chosen one. One hit by Pollard and the Redskins could be back to losing games with Grossman.

Oh, and about that "bad blood" between Harbs and Tomlin! If you read the newspapers of our opponents periodically, you'd see that Harbs isn't really popular (like that matters) amongst many of his peers!

In Tomlin's case, we're talking the Squealers here, who believe they are the creme de la creme of the NFL because of their rings and history! When Harbs called the deep pass TD in the 4th Quarter when we were already spanking the fur off the squealers' tongues in 2011, ya think Mike T shrugged that off? Not bloody likely!

Rivalry aside, that was personal,... and I've read articles where many coaches, especially those who have suffered that "piling on points" thing with Harbs, have mentioned in home newspapers that they don't particularly hold him in high esteem!

Don't forget Andy Reid will be out of a job and he and Harbs have a great relationship. So he could be our next OC.

We need Ray Rice in this game but to win we will have to throw the ball. They have the 31st
ranked defense against the pass. 300 yds per game. I hope Cam knows that.

I don't buy into the whole piling on points complaint that other coaches make. The Ravens have often been criticized for not keeping the foot on the gas pedal and sitting on small leads in years past. It's the NFL, man up and stop the play or you deserve to get beat. There isn't a lot seperating good teams from bad teams in this sport due to the Salary Cap, so if a team gets a chance to add to a lead you have to take it. 24 point leads aren't safe in this league anymore.

If other coaches don't like Harbs, so be it. He has the respect of his team, the front office and the fans. Do I think he has some flaws, sure, but I'll overlook just about anything for 5 straight trips to the playoffs. I think great coaches aren't going to always be well liked.

Sorry for the rant.

[quote name='Mystigo_Dragon' timestamp='1354899911' post='1248955']
Well, have you wondered why he doesn't get offers in the off season to become a Head Coach? We've lost 2 Defensive Coordinators to HC positions during his tenure! He's on nobody's list!

But, in answer, Jim Caldwell is already on the staff, Norv Turner will be available at year's end and there's many young guns out there on other teams that aren't as stoic as that stick in the mud!
[/quote]

Exactly, nobody wants him but Harbaugh - after one year as our DC Pag's was offered the HC gig for Indy - Cam's been our OC for 5 years and not once have we heard about the threat of him leaving.

Unfortunately I'm not so sure how well Caldwell would do, he's never been an OC before and we saw how quickly his coaching ability dwindled when Manning went out last year...as for Norv, I think he would work as he would have a new spark and something to prove...

[quote name='llwillow1231' timestamp='1354891352' post='1248871']
I love the playoffs but i hate fighting for seeding. as soon as i think i got it right it changes . I love that all the pundits have us losing sunday . I like being the underdog .
[/quote] This time of the year the standing adjust depending on who wins and who loses. thats why it can be confusing. right now the texans are the first seed and no one is going to take the first seed unless the texans lose out ....
we are tied for 2 seed three ways ravens---denver---patriots. we have to beat denver or we drop and it would be nice if the texans took care of the patriots even if they don't we are still in control as long as we beat denver and don't lose out the remaining games.

this is why its never smart to say things that come off arrogant. you dont need to give your opponents more fuel than they already have. its hard not to see how this could have given them some extra fire when they beat us on Sunday. if we win that game, PIT is basically OUT of the playoffs. now we may have to face them again in a wildcard round.

What, exactly, do coaches say after a big win in a rival's stadium, if not something that would enflame the coach of the losing team?

Flacco's going to need the road game of his life. Hope they stop mucking with the o-line so that they can, hopefully, protect Joe long enough to get off what, hopefully, will be some accurate strikes to Torrey, Anquan and Dennis. They're going to need 30 points to come out with a win.

[quote name='propjoe' timestamp='1354901607' post='1248969']
I don't buy into the whole piling on points complaint that other coaches make. The Ravens have often been criticized for not keeping the foot on the gas pedal and sitting on small leads in years past. It's the NFL, man up and stop the play or you deserve to get beat. There isn't a lot seperating good teams from bad teams in this sport due to the Salary Cap, so if a team gets a chance to add to a lead you have to take it. 24 point leads aren't safe in this league anymore.

If other coaches don't like Harbs, so be it. He has the respect of his team, the front office and the fans. Do I think he has some flaws, sure, but I'll overlook just about anything for 5 straight trips to the playoffs. I think great coaches aren't going to always be well liked.

Sorry for the rant.
[/quote] if the opponent doesn't like the "piling on of points" then its there job to stop it . this isn't the lingerie league though if they stop kickoffs it might look like it without the females

Propjoe, we're here because we love to express our opinions. I'm just giving a glimpse of what might be a reason for the Harbs-Tomlin spat! I've read that Marvin Lewis doesn't respect him and another coach was very opinionated after we piled on in an obvious win!

You see, there's a "Good Ole Boys" club amongst Head Coaches, a sort of fraternity, if you will, and like Billick and his arrogance, some peers have an issue with Harbs!

ON the "piling on" issue! If you're up by, say 3 scores, with 2:00 minutes, what's the sense in running your "Ones" at the opponent or scoring a TD with you FG Holder? THat's rubbing it in someone's face and "any given Sunday"! Why give a vanquished team reason to get up for you in the future?

Ya know, sportsmanship? It's just a game, ya know!

I'm just the messenger!