Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flaccopoe

Week 14 Other Games Discussion

154 posts in this topic

In JO_75's absence, I am starting this thread, so help me. Up first is tonight's game: the Broncos at Oakland. It'll probably end up a blowout, but it's always fascinating to see Peyton Manning at work, plus Darren McFadden will be making his return. Personally, I'm very excited about the HOU-NE game on Monday Night... lots of seeding implications! The NO-NYG game should be high-flying and the DAL-CIN game might actually good, if Romo's performance last week was any indicator.

I'm kind of ticked that the Broncos are playing tonight. That means they"ll be well rested when they come here. Besides that, playing the Raidettes is like a vacation anyway.

[quote name='Moderator 3' timestamp='1354835600' post='1248361']
I'm kind of ticked that the Broncos are playing tonight. That means they"ll be well rested when they come here. Besides that, playing the Raidettes is like a vacation anyway.
[/quote]

Hopefully for the Ravens, the Raiders will emulate the Chiefs and bring their A-game against DEN, bolstered by McFadden's return and division pride. Plus, Palmer might be playing for his job.

Home teams have been playing fairly well on Thursday Night Football so let's hope it continues tonight. If Oakland manages to win, it will make getting the second seed better.

Raiders had the Broncos offense stopped but a defensive holding negated an incomplete pass on 3rd down. Broncos keep the ball.

Surprised anyone is watching this. Everyone beats the Raiders, they might be the most pathetic team in the league.

They absolutely should not have fired Hue Jackson.

Carson "Interception" Palmer strikes again. Just when the Raiders are doing something positive, Palmer ruins it.

[/quote]

Assuming the Broncs continue abusing the Raiders, they'll have 10 days preparing for us... then they play both Cleveland and Kansas City at home... I would assume they win the other three games (putting them at 12 wins), so the importance of our game next week is even more magnified.

I really like Meyers and Reece. The Raiders need to lock them dudes up, they got some good pieces in place. Just need a QB, some offensive & [s]defensive lineman[/s], some defensive backs and they'd be alright! lol

Scratch that, I like their defensive lineman.

[/quote]
Oakland is having sucky weather. Yep lol

wow! and just like that the score is 23-7. the Ravens NEVER seem to get any assistance from other teams. damn! smh! this is why they have to handle their own business by WINNING!! texans - playoff birth, patriots - division winner, broncos - divison winner and the 9-3 Ravens? STILL playing for the division. get it done gentleman! get it done!

~Mili

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1354851187' post='1248690']
wow! and just like that the score is 23-7. the Ravens NEVER seem to get any assistance from other teams. damn! smh! this is why they have to handle their own business by WINNING!! texans - playoff birth, patriots - division winner, broncos - divison winner and the 9-3 Ravens? STILL playing for the division. get it done gentleman! get it done!

~Mili
[/quote]lol why were you expecting assistance from the RAIDERS? They might be the worst team in the league. They lose to basically everyone.

The battle for the # 1 Pick continues to heat up, Oakland is in the running at only 3 wins on the year, if KC or Jacksonville get to three wins it will make it interesting. Especially with Philly and Carolina at three wins as well.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1354851244' post='1248691']
lol [b]why were you expecting assistance from the RAIDERS? [/b]They might be the worst team in the league. They lose to basically everyone.
[/quote]

i was making an observation.

~Mili

Palmer to DHB for a Touchdown, Raiders cut the lead down to 26 to 13 with 5:36 left. They attempted a two point conversion but the receiver only had one foot in bounds. Though you could say he was held which prevented him from getting both feet in bounds.

Stay classy, Oakland! Chanting broncos suck during the interview of Von miller? You just got owned by the broncos, lol.

A little off topic, but doesn't Dennis Allen kind of look like Eminem?! ANyway, I think he should leave at the end of the season. BOth Tom Cable and Hue Jackson did a better job in Oakland.

Sad news to report, a fan is in serious condition after jumping from the third level of the Raiders stadium.

[quote]According to Katie Nelson of the [i]Oakland Tribune[/i], the fan jumped shortly before the scheduled kickoff time of 5:30 p.m. PT. The person was taken by ambulance to the hospital and is listed in serious condition according to Oakland police.[/quote]

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/07/fan-in-serious-condition-after-jump-from-third-level-during-raiders-game/

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1354896380' post='1248931']
[b]Sad news[/b] to report, a fan is in serious condition after jumping from the third level of the Raiders stadium.

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/07/fan-in-serious-condition-after-jump-from-third-level-during-raiders-game/"]http://profootballta...g-raiders-game/[/url]
[/quote]

How is it sad news? The guy jumped. Natural Selection.

In all seriousness, I hope he gets better and stops drinking.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1354900130' post='1248957']

How is it sad news? The guy jumped. Natural Selection.

In all seriousness, I hope he gets better and stops drinking.
[/quote]

Lol. I posted "Darwinism at its finest" and then deleted it earlier because I was afraid of looking too callus. Great minds!

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1354862154' post='1248778']
A little off topic, but doesn't Dennis Allen kind of look like Eminem?! ANyway, I think he should leave at the end of the season. BOth Tom Cable and Hue Jackson did a better job in Oakland.
[/quote]

to be fair to Allen they have purged massive amounts of players since the new GM and I couldn't care either way but believe the guy deserves one more year. I'm not sure why they aren't starting Terrell Pryor though, I don't like the guy but might as well see what you have on hand since their season is over.

Terell Pryor was elite at Ohio State. Might as well try him out to see if he can replicate his success in the big leagues. Their season's lost anyway, so there's nothing to lose.