Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Robert Griffin III Changing NFL Offense, How Do Ravens Stop Him?

92 posts in this topic

The dynamic rookie quarterback is making a big difference in the way offense is played in the NFL.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Robert-Griffin-III-Changing-NFL-Offense-How-Do-Ravens-Stop-Him/bb470dd2-80eb-45cb-8603-8c7b1521bf3a]View the full article[/url]

pollard will hit him and hit him good. ed reed will pick him of twice watch guys. mark my words, RG3 will have his worst game of the season agaisnt us, i have confidence in this team

W/our Defense, I am concerned about the Skins and RG3. Guess we'll see.

Let Tyrod, go against the Ravens Defense in practice! He's the opposite of Joe and has a Arm! That will get them ready for Sunday!

I'm more concerned with their Running Back Morris than RG3. Not because RG3 isn't a threat, it's just because he's going to make plays regardless of if we show up or not... Morris on the other hand, that's someone that we can and should stop this weekend.

Here's how you stop RG3:

Give the ball to the best player on our team, Ray Freaking Rice ! Let him eat up the clock and never let Robert get into a rhythm.

Bottom Line:

Cam must go !!!

I love watching this young man play hes very good but I am looking forward to him meeting Ed Reed and Bernard pollard up close and personal .

Ummm, how do you stop him. Lets see. Keep all the WRers infront of us. ALL he does is check downs and quick screens.

From all the games i watched. Thats all they do.

That guy is just scary good - and not only for a rookie. I've seen almost all of their games and the guy just doesn't seem to have a weak spot: elusive like Michael vick at his best, fast, doesn't shy away from contact. If he throws, on the other hand, he's pretty accurate and seems to be at least early Manning-level in identifying his targets.

I definitely think the key to our success is gonna be our O - we'll have to score a ton of points because we won't hold them on a low score. It's either gonna be a shootout or we're lost.

bio

[quote name='omar586' timestamp='1354836548' post='1248377']
can cam and let caldwell call plays, will be ok.
[/quote]

Caldwell has ZERO experience as OC. The only time he called plays was last season, as a HC - and that wasn't a particularly convincing show.

People, seriously, couldn't you check the facts before making bold demands?

bio

[quote name='Purple Dawg 96' timestamp='1354833212' post='1248320']
Let Tyrod, go against the Ravens Defense in practice! He's the opposite of Joe and has a Arm! That will get them ready for Sunday!
[/quote]

Well, I guess they've thought about that too ;)

bio

Point blank period this team needs more effort from it's coaching staff. I can talk all day about Cam Cameron and his out of sink play-calling but who it really falls on is Harbaugh not doing anything about it as a head coach the last few yrs. Rice didn't get a single carry I believe the last 16min of the game. That to me alone shows bad play-calling. We need to get back to Ravens style of football, we will never be a passing first team with Flacco and he knows it. Stop trying to turn the man into somthing he's not so thats why I don't blame Joe. He knows hes no Manning, Brees, Brady, Ryan, etc. It's not fair that we have him throwing the ball 40x a game when his comp percentage is below 60%. This O needs to get back to moving the chains with Rice and qick passes thats what I think Joe does best. Teams are game-planning on his deep passes all the time now because the wr routes are so predictable. This is a copycat league do what works stop trying to fix somthing that ain't broke. Last yr we got to and almost won the AFC Championship with an Offense that didn't have as many weapons, this yr I just don't see it happening if this No-Huddle gimmicky Offense keeps playing the way they do. I said it after the first few games of the season that I didn't like it and it's a bad idea that will be our downfall. I still stand by this, if we don't get back to Rice being our offense much simular too as Peterson, Foster and Martin are there teams offensive focal point. What is Rice like 15 or 16 in rush attempts per game!? Thats just ridiculus when you have a RB of his caliber and was 2nd in the league last yr in rushing and has had No injuries. RG3 isn't playing like a rookie, the boy can play. Playing the way we have been isn't going to cut it. You cannot put this D on the field that long with someone like him. Cam needs to step his game up because his play-calling is horrible. Rice needs to get 20 carries plus every game here out because Joe doesn't need to be throwing no 40x a game thats just asking too much out of him. He plays better when Rice gets the ball, I just don't know why the Ravens coaches don't see this.

We're going to need a spy on him at all times. I hope Ellerbe can play as he is our fastest lb. If not we're going to need Ngata to collapse the pocket and bring him down before he has a chance to scramble. We need this win and I certainly don't want any Redskin fans thinking their team is better than ours.

Bio I would rather have anyone else on this staff calling plays over Cam. Check your facts when he was with the Dolphins how did he do there? lol I just believe we've seen what he has to offer and it just isn't cutting it anymore. We need improvement, he's been setting this team back. As a Ravens fan who watches all the games I'm assuming how can you not see this. I've watched every game the last 6yrs and the problem with Cameron is always the same. Go listen to what other former players that he's coached have to say and you will see some of the same things being said. And these guys have better insight then any of us.

FLBOYRAVEN! Cam actually did pretty well in miami they went 1-15 there only win coming against who else the ravens.... in baltimore.... Cam cameron can beat good defenses when he wants to he's jsut extremely conservative. I can see using rice sparingly for the season keep our best weapon in one piece but he does need to use him more than 5 times a quarter.

fl boy raven is correct cam is terrible to vanilla never sticks to his gameplan sucked in miami as a head coach and as for san diego wasnt cam the coordinator that passed up on drew brees cause phillip rivers was better yeah id say its cam he has torrey runnin the same go routes and boldin in the slot dropping passes and jones is under used along with rice

and like u said its on coaching do u fire cam no u pray u get norv or reid but hes gonna be a head coach again.but the point is crying over cam now is useless u cant fire him cause harbs cant call plays unless its special teams so the situation is what it is let it play out and hope ray rice and the d carry us for the playoffs and also hue jackson is a fit also joe had a better season with him as qb coach and he opened up raiders offense

A lack of pass rush spells trouble. Look what a 3rd-string QB did to us last week. We are going to have to draft another stellar defensive lineman high in 2013.

and bio anyone can check facts if thats the case didnt caldwell win more games as a hc then cam so dont give the check the facts crap fact is they need to improve all around offense and defense there scheming is terrible and joes pocket awareness is worse no one was crying when joe fumbled in sd and oher recovered to setup a 4th an 29 now he fumbles against pitt and were worried this has gone on for years no scheme changes no extending the play using his legs nothing he struggles to even step up in the pocket and im the biggest flacco fan but this is stuff weve seen for years and i dont know if coaching will change it this is just what he is whats better out there we can get nothing really so run the ball

just skimming through some of the comments and notice the trend is regarding cam's play-calling. if you look at his track record he has never had any real success so im not sure why we hired him in the first place and I wont lose any sleep if he gets axed. So im not sure if this has been put on the table or not, but why not promote Caldwell to OC? Thoughts?

We have to stay ahead of this game. On O, we have to run it down their throats: a haevy dose of Rice, Pierce and Leach. Let Flacco get confident with the short throws early, get into a rhythm instead of heaving balls downfield hoping that T Smith can catch up. This is the most ridiculous strategy I have ever seen! Try completing the passes that are makeable to Pitta and Boldin, and Smith and Jones on the outside. That way, we're moving chains and wearing defenses down. We always seem to want to score TDs in 2 minutes or less... then our D is back on the field, still out-of-breath from their last play. Try to sustain some drives, move the chains, take time off the clock, instead of going for vanilla "big plays" that nobody is surprised by anymore. Flacco can be really good, even great someday, but we keep trying to force him to be the winner. We have all sorts of pro-bowl talent on our O, we just have to get back to basics: run the ball; play action passes; moving the sticks, keeping our D off the field so they can rest a bit and come out and dominate; scoring TDs. It's not rocket science, Harbs, Cam, Pees... it's just football.

I hate that we are playing the Redskins when they are on a hot streak and we have all the injuries.

Bernard Pollard hit the nail right on the head. Every time you get a chance to hit RG3 do it! He's not going to want to run these read options if every time he goes to hand the ball off (whether he keeps it or not) he gets lite up. In order for the read option to work the player who doesn't have the ball has to sell it like they do have it to through the defenders off. Soo, when RG3 is faking that bootleg, whoever is responsible for him needs to hit him and hit him hard! The Skins coaching staff wont call nearly as many read options once they see their precious quarterback getting destroyed every other play. Knock them out of their comfort zone!

[quote name='FLBoyRaven' timestamp='1354838580' post='1248403']
Bio I would rather have anyone else on this staff calling plays over Cam.[/quote]

Maybe that's exactly why you aren't the GM of an NFL team. That would be totally irresponsible, haphazard way of appointing the OC. Luckily, our franchise isn't run that way.

[quote name='FLBoyRaven' timestamp='1354838580' post='1248403']Check your facts when he was with the Dolphins how did he do there?[/quote]

First of all, I've never claimed anything about Cameron's tenure in Miami, so i had no facts to check. But OK: he was the HC there, not the OC. And if HC job counts, how did your candidate, Caldwell do as a HC last season? And so, how much better a solution would he be than Cameron?

bio

Hes running a college type offense. Lets see what he does when they switch to pro offense and theres film to study. Dont get me wrong, the kids got skills but im not ready to annoint the second coming just yet...Lets get RG1 (rex grossman) in by the 2nd qtr (but I dont wish injury on anyone, just having some fun)

Rice has 794 rushing yards and RG3 has 714!!

This is going to be brutal, I hope Cary Williams can do something other than allow 3rd down conversions.

Just watched Thursday Night Football kick off and they're all picking the Washington Redskins and the Denver Broncos in their games against the Ravens. We lost to the darn Steelers with their third string quaterback in our house...we haven't lost at home in over a year before that and we haven't lose to a divisional foe for over a year also...Terrell Suggs, Haloti Ngata, Ed Reed and everyone else who is or may be starting are all hurt. Ray Lewis, Lardarius Webb, Jimmy Smith, and more are all out. Our offense is healthy and fine...but they just can't get anything going. I believe Dean Pees is OK, our defense is just really scrambled. Our offense, however...who do I blame? Cam Cameron? Flacco? The rest of the offense? Really really good defenses that are just playing well against us? Is that even possible? It's hard to be optimistic with our team easily being described as "limp" or "fruity" but I'm a Ravens fan and always will be. I've been spoiled for a long time with a fantastic defense, a good enough coaching squad, and a really good GM and personel department. Could you imagine being a Browns fan? Oakland? Kansas City? Jaguars? Chargers? Seatle? Dude, we may not win flashy but at least we don't look CoMpLeTeLy pathetic. I feel like if we somehow win the superbowl this year, the rest of the nation will finally give us some respect and it'll be easier to be a fan. I think we'll beat the heck out of the Redskins, the Broncos, the Giants, and the Bengals. Then we'll beat every other good team we go up against. I hope we get to go up against Big Ben in the playoffs and then crush the Texans. I don't care who else. I just want everyone to shut up about the only two loses we've had that were against good teams for once.

[quote name='ravinravens' timestamp='1354842058' post='1248469']
just skimming through some of the comments and notice the trend is regarding cam's play-calling. if you look at his track record he has never had any real success so im not sure why we hired him in the first place and I wont lose any sleep if he gets axed. So im not sure if this has been put on the table or not, but why not promote Caldwell to OC? Thoughts?
[/quote]

Because he has never been one?

bio

[quote name='timm622' timestamp='1354840583' post='1248432']
and bio anyone can check facts if thats the case didnt caldwell win more games as a hc then cam so dont give the check the facts crap [/quote]

Please, at least try to sound serious if you want to be taken seriously. Cam won 1 game as HC. Caldwell won 2. So, you say, winning 1 game out of 16 is crap, but winning 2 would be good enough?

Is this really what you're implying?

bio

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1354844939' post='1248548']

Because he has never been one?

bio
[/quote]

If experience was a requirement, no one would have ever walked on the moon...

[quote name='Ngata Chance' timestamp='1354845246' post='1248557']
If experience was a requirement, no one would have ever walked on the moon...
[/quote]

True.

But if you want to send someone to the Moon and have a guy who's been on the Moon, would you pick him to go again or someone who's never been tested?

bio

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1354845180' post='1248555']
Please, at least try to sound serious if you want to be taken seriously. Cam won 1 game as HC. Caldwell won 2. So, you say, winning 1 game out of 16 is crap, but winning 2 would be good enough?

Is this really what you're implying?

bio
[/quote] those stats are horrifying I'm not surprised by either

[quote name='baltravens' timestamp='1354840537' post='1248430']
A lack of pass rush spells trouble. Look what a 3rd-string QB did to us last week. We are going to have to draft another stellar defensive lineman high in 2013.
[/quote] gaints have two of the best pass rushers in the game and niether could get a hand on him . set the edge contain him and stuff the run. if he isnt on the field he can't make a play

[quote name='runamuk' timestamp='1354845348' post='1248561']
those stats are horrifying I'm not surprised by either
[/quote]

What I don't really understand is why we should have a totally unproven OC when - IF we should have vacancy - there are going to be much better wualified guys on the market: Norv Turner, quite possibly Jason Garrett, Andy Reid - all of them with a lot of offensive coaching experience.

But I'm positive that all t5his speculation about a new OC is an excercise in futility: I see no chance the owner, Ozzie or Harbaugh would see a playoff season as one that would warrant changes on that level... Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to see Garrett for example as our OC - i just see no realistic chance.

bio

[quote name='runamuk' timestamp='1354845577' post='1248572']
gaints have two of the best pass rushers in the game and niether could get a hand on him . set the edge contain him and stuff the run. if he isnt on the field he can't make a play
[/quote]

Yea - that's why I said it's gonna be a shootout. I don't see our D stopping RGIII. And that's not frustration or a lack of faith - that's just seeing how well RGIII operates their O and how our D has recently been doing. I feel it's gonna be Flacco's game to win or lose. If he can keep up with RGIII in scoring we can win. If he can't, we lose.

bio

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1354845659' post='1248575']
Seems like the Raiders aren't doing us the big favor tonight...

bio
[/quote] i just strung so many curse words together at carson palmer you hair would stand on end. Looks like we won't get help from anyone now watch the patriots beat the texans.

[quote name='llwillow1231' timestamp='1354845841' post='1248587']
i just strung so many curse words together at carson palmer you hair would stand on end. Looks like we won't get help from anyone now watch the patriots beat the texans.
[/quote]

Especially saddening, since it almost started with a Manning pick for 6...

Anyway, I never counted on a Broncos L tonight... They would even win woth Sanchez or Tebow, I'm afraid...

bio

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1354845951' post='1248591']
Especially saddening, since it almost started with a Manning pick for 6...

Anyway, I never counted on a Broncos L tonight... They would even win woth Sanchez or Tebow, I'm afraid...

bio
[/quote] Me either i don't see them losing this one . your correct about rg3 flacco has to win this one . he is going to make plays so joe is going to have to air it out .

I'm just reading Dennis Dixon has experience in doing the pistol O. Very good. Much better to prepare this way.

bio

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1354845614' post='1248574']
What I don't really understand is why we should have a totally unproven OC when - IF we should have vacancy - there are going to be much better wualified guys on the market: Norv Turner, quite possibly Jason Garrett, Andy Reid - all of them with a lot of offensive coaching experience.

But I'm positive that all t5his speculation about a new OC is an excercise in futility: I see no chance the owner, Ozzie or Harbaugh would see a playoff season as one that would warrant changes on that level... Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to see Garrett for example as our OC - i just see no realistic chance.

bio
[/quote]If i thought we would change at OC I would go Garrett . norv turner seems a tad high strung and I don't like how the chargers imploded this year that team has allot of talent . now I'm sitting watching Petyon manning carve up the the radiers . I don't think he will have it this easy with us still a huge battle.

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1354846150' post='1248598']
I'm just reading Dennis Dixon has experience in doing the pistol O. Very good. Much better to prepare this way.

bio
[/quote] half the battle sunday will be the reads allot of teams struggle with that offense . when they react its usually after rg takes off for a huge gain. huge advantage to have dixon

[quote name='llwillow1231' timestamp='1354845841' post='1248587']
i just strung so many curse words together at carson palmer you hair would stand on end. Looks like we won't get help from anyone now watch the patriots beat the texans.
[/quote] i would relax if your watching the raiders they have no chance of beating denver. IMO houston will beat Patriots