Ravens at Browns      Game Rewind   

Photo

[News] Robert Griffin III Changing NFL Offense, How Do Ravens Stop Him?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,264 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

The dynamic rookie quarterback is making a big difference in the way offense is played in the NFL.

View the full article

#2 edreedfor6

edreedfor6

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

pollard will hit him and hit him good. ed reed will pick him of twice watch guys. mark my words, RG3 will have his worst game of the season agaisnt us, i have confidence in this team

#3 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

W/our Defense, I am concerned about the Skins and RG3. Guess we'll see.

#4 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

he's good and we need to be better, that's all

#5 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Let Tyrod, go against the Ravens Defense in practice! He's the opposite of Joe and has a Arm! That will get them ready for Sunday!

#6 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

I'm more concerned with their Running Back Morris than RG3. Not because RG3 isn't a threat, it's just because he's going to make plays regardless of if we show up or not... Morris on the other hand, that's someone that we can and should stop this weekend.

z66oxxi.jpg

#7 BmoreB

BmoreB

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Here's how you stop RG3:

Give the ball to the best player on our team, Ray Freaking Rice ! Let him eat up the clock and never let Robert get into a rhythm.

Bottom Line:

Cam must go !!!

#8 ReginaldColeman1

ReginaldColeman1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Pollard will get fined heavy

#9 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

I love watching this young man play hes very good but I am looking forward to him meeting Ed Reed and Bernard pollard up close and personal .

#10 PeRK82

PeRK82

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

Ummm, how do you stop him. Lets see. Keep all the WRers infront of us. ALL he does is check downs and quick screens.

From all the games i watched. Thats all they do.

#11 AllRaven12

AllRaven12

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

All i can say is play like a Raven, don't get no penalties,run that ball

#12 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

can cam and let caldwell call plays, will be ok.

#13 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

That guy is just scary good - and not only for a rookie. I've seen almost all of their games and the guy just doesn't seem to have a weak spot: elusive like Michael vick at his best, fast, doesn't shy away from contact. If he throws, on the other hand, he's pretty accurate and seems to be at least early Manning-level in identifying his targets.

I definitely think the key to our success is gonna be our O - we'll have to score a ton of points because we won't hold them on a low score. It's either gonna be a shootout or we're lost.

bio

Edited by Grapple Raven, 07 December 2012 - 04:40 PM.
Profanity

#14 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

can cam and let caldwell call plays, will be ok.

Caldwell has ZERO experience as OC. The only time he called plays was last season, as a HC - and that wasn't a particularly convincing show.

People, seriously, couldn't you check the facts before making bold demands?

bio

#15 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

Let Tyrod, go against the Ravens Defense in practice! He's the opposite of Joe and has a Arm! That will get them ready for Sunday!

Well, I guess they've thought about that too ;)

bio

#16 FLBoyRaven

FLBoyRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

Point blank period this team needs more effort from it's coaching staff. I can talk all day about Cam Cameron and his out of sink play-calling but who it really falls on is Harbaugh not doing anything about it as a head coach the last few yrs. Rice didn't get a single carry I believe the last 16min of the game. That to me alone shows bad play-calling. We need to get back to Ravens style of football, we will never be a passing first team with Flacco and he knows it. Stop trying to turn the man into somthing he's not so thats why I don't blame Joe. He knows hes no Manning, Brees, Brady, Ryan, etc. It's not fair that we have him throwing the ball 40x a game when his comp percentage is below 60%. This O needs to get back to moving the chains with Rice and qick passes thats what I think Joe does best. Teams are game-planning on his deep passes all the time now because the wr routes are so predictable. This is a copycat league do what works stop trying to fix somthing that ain't broke. Last yr we got to and almost won the AFC Championship with an Offense that didn't have as many weapons, this yr I just don't see it happening if this No-Huddle gimmicky Offense keeps playing the way they do. I said it after the first few games of the season that I didn't like it and it's a bad idea that will be our downfall. I still stand by this, if we don't get back to Rice being our offense much simular too as Peterson, Foster and Martin are there teams offensive focal point. What is Rice like 15 or 16 in rush attempts per game!? Thats just ridiculus when you have a RB of his caliber and was 2nd in the league last yr in rushing and has had No injuries. RG3 isn't playing like a rookie, the boy can play. Playing the way we have been isn't going to cut it. You cannot put this D on the field that long with someone like him. Cam needs to step his game up because his play-calling is horrible. Rice needs to get 20 carries plus every game here out because Joe doesn't need to be throwing no 40x a game thats just asking too much out of him. He plays better when Rice gets the ball, I just don't know why the Ravens coaches don't see this.

#17 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

at biolarzen, he cant do any worse than CAM,

#18 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

totally agree with flboyranen,well said.

#19 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

We're going to need a spy on him at all times. I hope Ellerbe can play as he is our fastest lb. If not we're going to need Ngata to collapse the pocket and bring him down before he has a chance to scramble. We need this win and I certainly don't want any Redskin fans thinking their team is better than ours.

#20 FLBoyRaven

FLBoyRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

Bio I would rather have anyone else on this staff calling plays over Cam. Check your facts when he was with the Dolphins how did he do there? lol I just believe we've seen what he has to offer and it just isn't cutting it anymore. We need improvement, he's been setting this team back. As a Ravens fan who watches all the games I'm assuming how can you not see this. I've watched every game the last 6yrs and the problem with Cameron is always the same. Go listen to what other former players that he's coached have to say and you will see some of the same things being said. And these guys have better insight then any of us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users