58 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,559 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

The fifth-year running back has played his best football late in the season.

View the full article

#2 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

During preseason I just didn't understand why Pierce was chosen over Rainey but now i do see it the coaches made the right decision. this weekend would be a prime time for Rice to start collecting yards.

#3 propjoe

propjoe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

Although our defense has had some big ups and downs, it seems the road to success is through the Offense. Give the Ball to Ray and let Leach clear the Way!!! If Ray heats up it should help out Flacco too.

#4 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

I like the one-two punch. If only the other team and the whole world doesn't know the play called before it even happens........Cam. Love to see more screens, delayed draws and what the heck......maybe even a halfback pass or two. What a weapon that'd be, even as a fake. Spread 'em out, Cam!!

#5 J-man

J-man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

Then give him the ball!

#6 mtownraven

mtownraven

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

Yes, more run game! Playing Flacco's "ROAD TO ELITE" isn't working. It's seems like the passing game has taking two steps back.

#7 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,265 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

Worst possible timing: "historically", whenever Cam's publicly criticized for neglecting Rice, the next game Rice always gets tons of reps. That wouldn't be a problem in general, of course - only the Redskins have the fourth best run D in the league, while they have the second worst pass D. Ergo, it would be wiser to pass more...

bio

#8 papurple

papurple

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

i wonder if Flacco will be on this team next year. he might be as a back up to Alex Smith.

#9 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Worst possible timing: "historically", whenever Cam's publicly criticized for neglecting Rice, the next game Rice always gets tons of reps. That wouldn't be a problem in general, of course - only the Redskins have the fourth best run D in the league, while they have the second worst pass D. Ergo, it would be wiser to pass more...

bio

Yeah this weekend is not going to be a good game for rice or pierce but Flacco on the other hand I bet he steps up and handles his business

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#10 Purple nd Black

Purple nd Black

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

@Papurple........ No......Flacco is our boy. CAM is the prob.

#11 Purple nd Black

Purple nd Black

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

Lack of creativity in the passing games is keeping flacco from being elite. In other words. CAM

#12 smolina2o1

smolina2o1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

Give Rice The Ball, how is it that the Texans dont have this issue and they have one of the best running backs with Foster n if not the best wide out in the NFL with Andre Johnson?? Our offense has one superstar n thats Ray Rice, Flacco is not a scrub in my opinion but when they try to depend on Joe to become the superstar its not going to happen im sorry. He just isn't that guy. Rice is the go to guy and is the one player on our offense that every defense in the league game plans for. Nobody else on our offense is considered a big threat like Rice is. Cam calls more run plays for Rice n Pierce n then I think Flacco can start to look a little more consistent n hopefully get into more of a rhythm with the rest of the offense, cuz right now he's almost in the same category as Sanchez (yea I said it)

#13 Purple nd Black

Purple nd Black

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

@Smolina We dont know if joe can be that guy because hes held back by Cam.... Until we get rid of cam we wont know what joe can truly do

#14 ravens2thebowl

ravens2thebowl

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

ray rice is talented and dynamic enough that he will make it happen against any opponent. he was averaging 6.5 yds per carry against a stout steelers D. I hope he gets 25 touches, and I hope Cam has enough sense to throw some wrinkles in there, draws, pitches, and screens.

#15 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,476 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

we will all know if flacco is part of the problem when we have a new oc and flacco has had a year or 2 to learn the new system. after that if he is up and down every other week than its time to give someone else a shot. i like flacco and think he is inconsistent because his oc is. and please do not hire caldwell as the new oc. i would like to see norv turner, hue jackson, jason garrett or an unknown. get ray rice involved creatively because everyone is now going to expect him to touch the ball 25 plus times. o-line do your job and maul everyone in front of you. its now crunch time. go ravens smash the deadskins!!

Edited by The Greek, 06 December 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#16 Purple nd Black

Purple nd Black

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

@ The Greek. Thank you!

#17 morebor

morebor

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Give Rice The Ball, how is it that the Texans dont have this issue and they have one of the best running backs with Foster n if not the best wide out in the NFL with Andre Johnson?? Our offense has one superstar n thats Ray Rice, Flacco is not a scrub in my opinion but when they try to depend on Joe to become the superstar its not going to happen im sorry. He just isn't that guy. Rice is the go to guy and is the one player on our offense that every defense in the league game plans for. Nobody else on our offense is considered a big threat like Rice is. Cam calls more run plays for Rice n Pierce n then I think Flacco can start to look a little more consistent n hopefully get into more of a rhythm with the rest of the offense, cuz right now he's almost in the same category as Sanchez (yea I said it)

I was totally with you until you brought in Mark Sanchez.... hahaha

#18 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

Run ray baby run!

#19 B.more careful 111

B.more careful 111

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

I believe its not Flaccosfault he's not consistent, our offense of line is ranked 3rd among sacks allowed. I know Joe can destroy the Redskins secondary since their pass rush sucks, but against Broncos, NY, I say let Rice loose, and pass only when you feel the need to.

#20 reed20fence

reed20fence

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

Look, not to make unwarranted excuses here but let's just state facts. Everyone outside of Raven nation got on our case about being so sorry that we lost "to a third string Quarterback." Well my answer is simple, why are were stopping our analysis of injuries and repalcements at THE OTHER TEAM'S roster?

We're sitting on 9-3 missing the greatest Middle Linebacker of all time, a Pro-Bowl calibre Cornerback, our starting nickle cornerback and first round pick from last year, our second string Middle Linebacker, and for a significant chunk of the year we were missing the reigning Defensive Player of the Year. This doesn;t even mention that Ngata, possibly the greatest downlineman in the league by consensus of his peers, was dinged up for several games.

So if other teams can revel in winning one measly game with a third string QB, we can take a minute and be proud of 9-3 given the rotten hand fate dealt us as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users