Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ray Rice Historically Heats Up In December

61 posts in this topic

The fifth-year running back has played his best football late in the season.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ray-Rice-Historically-Heats-Up-In-December/59fa892c-900d-4a31-aa22-dd7418862fa6]View the full article[/url]

During preseason I just didn't understand why Pierce was chosen over Rainey but now i do see it the coaches made the right decision. this weekend would be a prime time for Rice to start collecting yards.

Although our defense has had some big ups and downs, it seems the road to success is through the Offense. Give the Ball to Ray and let Leach clear the Way!!! If Ray heats up it should help out Flacco too.

I like the one-two punch. If only the other team and the whole world doesn't know the play called before it even happens........Cam. Love to see more screens, delayed draws and what the heck......maybe even a halfback pass or two. What a weapon that'd be, even as a fake. Spread 'em out, Cam!!

Yes, more run game! Playing Flacco's "ROAD TO ELITE" isn't working. It's seems like the passing game has taking two steps back.

Worst possible timing: "historically", whenever Cam's publicly criticized for neglecting Rice, the next game Rice always gets tons of reps. That wouldn't be a problem in general, of course - only the Redskins have the fourth best run D in the league, while they have the second worst pass D. Ergo, it would be wiser to pass more...

bio

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1354822061' post='1248171']
Worst possible timing: "historically", whenever Cam's publicly criticized for neglecting Rice, the next game Rice always gets tons of reps. That wouldn't be a problem in general, of course - only the Redskins have the fourth best run D in the league, while they have the second worst pass D. Ergo, it would be wiser to pass more...

bio
[/quote] Yeah this weekend is not going to be a good game for rice or pierce but Flacco on the other hand I bet he steps up and handles his business

Give Rice The Ball, how is it that the Texans dont have this issue and they have one of the best running backs with Foster n if not the best wide out in the NFL with Andre Johnson?? Our offense has one superstar n thats Ray Rice, Flacco is not a scrub in my opinion but when they try to depend on Joe to become the superstar its not going to happen im sorry. He just isn't that guy. Rice is the go to guy and is the one player on our offense that every defense in the league game plans for. Nobody else on our offense is considered a big threat like Rice is. Cam calls more run plays for Rice n Pierce n then I think Flacco can start to look a little more consistent n hopefully get into more of a rhythm with the rest of the offense, cuz right now he's almost in the same category as Sanchez (yea I said it)

@Smolina We dont know if joe can be that guy because hes held back by Cam.... Until we get rid of cam we wont know what joe can truly do

ray rice is talented and dynamic enough that he will make it happen against any opponent. he was averaging 6.5 yds per carry against a stout steelers D. I hope he gets 25 touches, and I hope Cam has enough sense to throw some wrinkles in there, draws, pitches, and screens.

we will all know if flacco is part of the problem when we have a new oc and flacco has had a year or 2 to learn the new system. after that if he is up and down every other week than its time to give someone else a shot. i like flacco and think he is inconsistent because his oc is. and please do not hire caldwell as the new oc. i would like to see norv turner, hue jackson, jason garrett or an unknown. get ray rice involved creatively because everyone is now going to expect him to touch the ball 25 plus times. o-line do your job and maul everyone in front of you. its now crunch time. go ravens smash the deadskins!!

[quote name='smolina2o1' timestamp='1354822944' post='1248188']
Give Rice The Ball, how is it that the Texans dont have this issue and they have one of the best running backs with Foster n if not the best wide out in the NFL with Andre Johnson?? Our offense has one superstar n thats Ray Rice, Flacco is not a scrub in my opinion but when they try to depend on Joe to become the superstar its not going to happen im sorry. He just isn't that guy. Rice is the go to guy and is the one player on our offense that every defense in the league game plans for. Nobody else on our offense is considered a big threat like Rice is. Cam calls more run plays for Rice n Pierce n then I think Flacco can start to look a little more consistent n hopefully get into more of a rhythm with the rest of the offense, cuz right now he's almost in the same category as Sanchez (yea I said it)
[/quote]

I was totally with you until you brought in Mark Sanchez.... hahaha

I believe its not Flaccosfault he's not consistent, our offense of line is ranked 3rd among sacks allowed. I know Joe can destroy the Redskins secondary since their pass rush sucks, but against Broncos, NY, I say let Rice loose, and pass only when you feel the need to.

Look, not to make unwarranted excuses here but let's just state facts. Everyone outside of Raven nation got on our case about being so sorry that we lost "to a third string Quarterback." Well my answer is simple, why are were stopping our analysis of injuries and repalcements at THE OTHER TEAM'S roster?

We're sitting on 9-3 missing the greatest Middle Linebacker of all time, a Pro-Bowl calibre Cornerback, our starting nickle cornerback and first round pick from last year, our second string Middle Linebacker, and for a significant chunk of the year we were missing the reigning Defensive Player of the Year. This doesn;t even mention that Ngata, possibly the greatest downlineman in the league by consensus of his peers, was dinged up for several games.

So if other teams can revel in winning one measly game with a third string QB, we can take a minute and be proud of 9-3 given the rotten hand fate dealt us as well.

[quote name='papurple' timestamp='1354822170' post='1248173']
i wonder if Flacco will be on this team next year. he might be as a back up to Alex Smith.
[/quote] They are going to franchise tag flacco or give him a deal . alex smith is a game manager and he can stay right in san fran

It is time for the Ravens offense to pay some dividends. Cam has had plenty of time to make it work. Harbaugh should expect more.

Rays toughest opponent this season (and last) seem to be CAM.
When Ray gets his touches- he is productive and when he dont...
UGGGGGH!

right now would be a good time to heat up because the Ravens offense is very dismal as of late

bioLarzen
Posted
Today, 03:27 PM

Bio, only reason their run D is ranked high is because of their trash Pass D, no one sees any point of running it on them because they can air it out all day with success...!!!

[quote name='reed20fence' timestamp='1354824327' post='1248208']
Look, not to make unwarranted excuses here but let's just state facts. Everyone outside of Raven nation got on our case about being so sorry that we lost "to a third string Quarterback." Well my answer is simple, why are were stopping our analysis of injuries and repalcements at THE OTHER TEAM'S roster?

We're sitting on 9-3 missing the greatest Middle Linebacker of all time, a Pro-Bowl calibre Cornerback, our starting nickle cornerback and first round pick from last year, our second string Middle Linebacker, and for a significant chunk of the year we were missing the reigning Defensive Player of the Year. This doesn;t even mention that Ngata, possibly the greatest downlineman in the league by consensus of his peers, was dinged up for several games.

So if other teams can revel in winning one measly game with a third string QB, we can take a minute and be proud of 9-3 given the rotten hand fate dealt us as well.
[/quote]

Probably the smartest post on here all season long...aside from what I posted after the Thursday night game about how we should be running the ball more and everyone hit the minus button on me...

[quote name='Deejei' timestamp='1354826357' post='1248228']
bioLarzen
Posted
Today, 03:27 PM

Bio, only reason their run D is ranked high is because of their trash Pass D, no one sees any point of running it on them because they can air it out all day with success...!!!
[/quote]

Great assessment!

[/quote]Awesome post well said . thanks

Time to let Rice do what he does .Ray Rice said "it's time for the cream to rise to the top "

Rice is going to be the X factor when it comes to keeping Peyton and Eli off the field during our matchups with them. If they aren't on the field for as long as we are, theoretically we will put up more points, and therefore win the games. Run Ray Run!

[quote name='smolina2o1' timestamp='1354822944' post='1248188']
cuz right now he's almost in the same category as Sanchez (yea I said it)
[/quote]

As Ray Lewis says: paeople lie, numbers don't. So, let's see it... (The better in bold)

[u]Passing yards:[/u]
[b]Flacco: 3038[/b]
Sanchez: 2436

[u]Completed passes:[/u]
[b]Flacco: 252[/b]
Sancez: 204

[u]Completition percentage:[/u]
[b]Flacco: 59.15%[/b]
Sanchez: 54.99%

[u]TD-passes:[/u]
[b]Flacco: 15[/b]
Sanchez: 12

[u]Interceptions:[/u]
[b]Flacco: 8[/b]
Sanchez: 13

[u]Rushing yards:[/u]
[b]Flacco: 25[/b]
Sanchez: 12

[u]Rushing TD'S:[/u]
[b]Flacco: 2[/b]
Sanchez: 0

[u]Passer rating:[/u]
[b]Flacco: 85.0[/b]
Sanchez: 71.4

Yea, you said it. Maybe you shouldn't have.

bio

Cam is molding flacco into something hes not. I watched flaccos college tape and he was athletic. I would see him scramble at times when nothing was open and got firstt downs there was even a glimpse of his running ability his rookie season when he caught that 40 yarder from troy smith. flacco is not playing like flacco cause cam has him on a leash and it makes me sick i know joe has alot of potential but cam wont let him bring it all out.

I realize the records may not end up the same at the end of the regular season, at least I hope not, but the 2012 Ravens remind me a lot of the 2010 Packers. Tons of injuries on the defensive side of the ball with a lot of ups and down, even though we've only had 3 downs so far, but still. And then, as I think and hope will happen, a great quarterback emerges and puts on a show.

[quote name='Properboy17' timestamp='1354830226' post='1248286']
Cam is molding flacco into something hes not. I watched flaccos college tape and he was athletic. I would see him scramble at times when nothing was open and got firstt downs there was even a glimpse of his running ability his rookie season when he caught that 40 yarder from troy smith. flacco is not playing like flacco cause cam has him on a leash and it makes me sick i know joe has alot of potential but cam wont let him bring it all out.
[/quote]

He looked amazing in the college tape i watched as well. Now, obviously, it may have been against inferior competition, but some of the throws he made at UD were incredible. But what I noticed was a different throwing motion. Not sure if you did or not. But the ball had some zip on it, not that he doesn't know. But yeah, much more versatile looking in college tape.

I get that,rest him for the long haul,end of season playoff stretch is gonna be important for him to bust out.First,the o-line has to do a better job of run blocking so Rice can bust some good runs too take the pressure off Flacco.If we can get 4-5 yards a pop then we can open up the offense with a different number of combo plays to keep the defense guessing.I like BP,but we need Rice in their at crucial moments not BP!Let's focus on beating the Skins and hope that we execute better in this game,and Cam calls plays that give us the best chance to win.Hopefully!!

[/quote]

You forgot to mention our biggest handicap of all, Cam Cameron.

Cam must go !!!

yea i think we should def focus on the run game for the last few games and play action. if we are gona go anywhere deep in the play offs with decent position.

"Ray Rice Historically Heats Up In December", I think it's just about impossible for Rice to "heat" up if you don't hand him the stupid ball. I could be wrong maybe he can do a lot from sidelines??? snark...

oh and another thing if by some chance you are going to hand Ray the ball teach the line how to create gaps for him???

[quote name='92de52fence55' timestamp='1354833991' post='1248330']
yea i think we should def focus on the run game for the last few games and play action. if we are gona go anywhere deep in the play offs with decent position.
[/quote]

Once again: the Redskins have the fourth best run D, and the second worst pass D. I'm not sure sticking to the run would be the wisest idea this Sunday.

bio

[quote name='btfan2' timestamp='1354834910' post='1248350']
oh and another thing if by some chance you are going to hand Ray the ball teach the line how to create gaps for him???
[/quote]

Have you heard of Vonta Leach?

bio

Ray Rice, has a target on his back and that is why the pass is Imperative! Joe was off Sunday, throwing too high and the WRs had to LITERALLY Stop to catch long balls! Joe is normally on target and always has the ball out in front of his WRs! Joe and Double R. Both will Heat Up in December! "Either You With Us, Or You Against Us"!

Ray is a good back but he's not the entire offense. I don't know how people can complain about his carries when he has the 7th most touches in the NFL. Cam may not be the best OC but he is trying to get a passing game going which has been nonexistent in Baltimore's history. We've got plenty of weapons on our offense. Like I said Ray is one of the best in the league but he's not the only one playing offense.

We need to get Rice more involved in the passing game. Even if we don't throw it to him, he will draw players to him opening it up deep or the space behind the LB's and in front of the safeties. He is our best playmaker and defenses will pay attention to him.

Game Plan Against the Redskins.

Ray Rice 40 touches!

Run, Pass, heck even make him throw it cause we lost last week for a reason when you decide to not give Ray Rice any touches.

Cam better be creative with Rice like use him more like Darren Sproles in NO.