Ravens at Steelers      Game Rewind      Pro Bowl Voting   

Photo

[News] Late For Work 12/6: Is Terrell Suggs Risking Long-Term Damage?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,628 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

Putting defensive injuries in perspective. Debating better fan base: Ravens vs. Redskins.

View the full article

#2 tctony

tctony

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

Suggs should do what is best long term. But if he can play, then he should.

You saw so many people chiming in with "DON'T PLAY SIZZLE" when he first got hurt. Why not? If he is healthy and can play, he should. Only if it indeed does risk long term damage should he sit out.

#3 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

when you look at that list of injured players its significant. Players are getting healthy now and thats always a positive going into december

Edited by runamuk, 06 December 2012 - 09:44 AM.

#4 BmoreB

BmoreB

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

T Sizzle will not play Sunday. Hopefully he'll be available for the Broncos game.

Cam must go !!!

#5 relentless52

relentless52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

if si55le is cleared to play, then he should. but cam-moron needs to destroy that brick wall of a brain and get a REAL-WORKING BRAIN!!! the D CANNOT afford to be on the field 80-90% of the time! when those guys get fatigued, the risk of injury goes up! that fool who calls himself an OC needs to stop ordering ihop playbooks for once in his miserable career and let the D get significant time to rest!

#6 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

If Suggs plays it should be at his own risk.

#7 DarkKnight52

DarkKnight52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

these next 4 Games are a tough stretch ,looking back at the 2000 season where we barely got in and won the SB ,yes players were younger we had more exp.corners However i think its very important to limit some of the players playing time,and let me explain,When Playoff time does arrive Everybody and i mean every Playoff Team will Have a major injury and will have injuries ,so if we use rotations and Rest guys now ,we will have a better advantage then the teams who is risking there players to get banged up over that 4 week course in time,However only way this works out is if the offense can make it happen ,if i were the Coach i would go to Cameron now and say this is where you need to step it up you have the best FB and RB in the Game use them ,because next year you may be out of a Job ,Really doesn't make any difference who says it someone needs to Harbaugh? ,Flacco ? anyone Because when your not doing your Job and continuously calling in plays that are 3 and outs and playing for field position or whatever you want to call what hes doing ,stars call out players all the time as do coaches to wake them up ,im a Kobe fan and Lakers Fan and you think he would sit back and watch i don't think so,you think all the past great QB's watched and said nothing i dont think so in the 80's if you were not calling the right plays you were gone.

#8 WeCanDoAllThings52

WeCanDoAllThings52

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

Redskins fans always think they are going to the SB, while Ravens keep their opinions realistic always qualifying their opponents strengths and weaknesses into their statements. Even though we still are 9-3, we're never satisfied and usually are always looking ahead instead of living in the moment.

I do credit the true skins nation who stay strong in their tough times, but that's only a small portion of that fan base.

And I'm still trying to figure out why Redskins fans hate us... must be because we always beat em. I asked one of my friends and she told me the Redskins were the original DMV team and we just want a franchise like theirs. I told her that it was actually the opposite, why would we want to be a losing franchise, plus they have Josh Wilson and Chris Chester as starters, former Ravens.

Redskins fans are brash.

#9 Raven552

Raven552

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Suggs know his body better than anyone, he'll do what's right for both himself and the team. The guy is just amazing.

#10 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

This is going to be a brutal game Sunday

#11 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

In my opinion, you don't pressure RGIII. Beating him is all about how well your linebackers play. The Redskins run the ball often, and when they do throw, they generally throw quick screens or slants. If you are bringing constant pressure on RGIII, it works to his benefit.

I think Ellerbe is the key to winning this game. If he doesn't play, as we saw against Pittsburgh, we struggle covering TEs and the middle of the field.

Suggs should sit and rest up some for Denver. He will be much more needed as a pass rusher against the immobile Mannings than he will against RGIII.

#12 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

Also, say what you will about the "accuracy" of RGIII, but I've pretty much not seen him make a tight coverage throw in the NFL yet. The Redskins are smart with their play calling, and they don't make him make difficult throws, particularly to the sidelines.

Linebacker containment is the key. If we set the edge, we can stop their offense.

#13 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

I really think that we need to use Rice in the passing game to beat the Redskins. We match their quick slants and screens with some of our own. Boldin had a good game until the push-off PI penalty, then he lost focus. Smith should never been sent on all those deep patterns. The shorter ones worked well in the Chargers game. Let's get Flacco focused on 5 to 10 yard passes. Dink and dunk to the first down marker. Move the chains and keep the opponents off the field. Run the ball with a lead to eat up clock. These are the fundamentals that lead to victory.

Super Bowl Champions 01/28/01 and 02/03/13!

#14 MDpgRaven

MDpgRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

Skins fans are better at singing the fight song, did you hear them all on monday night? we have the ooooooOHOHOHOOOOOOOOOOOO but singing the team song 71,000 would be awesome for once. instead of just saying the FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT Part.

i hope we win i need a good Bar Trump card to use.

#15 MDpgRaven

MDpgRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

we need Ellerbe bad this game, and what about Josh Byanes ? Mlb is huge this game. spread the line and maintain gap control we got this.

#16 BC.ravens

BC.ravens

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

Ahhh Cam cameraman finally you are all seeing the truth!

#17 I Roll With Purple n Black

I Roll With Purple n Black

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

Suggs do what best for you. Get well. This has been a trying year for our defense. The offense seriously has to step up from now on. Its bad because normally that should happen anyways but for our team it is a stretch. Its discomforting to never know when your offense is gonna show up after all of these years. But those guys gotta do their part from now on. Our D has literally given their blood, sweat, and tears and not the effects are showing.

#18 I Roll With Purple n Black

I Roll With Purple n Black

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

"His QBR against the four-man rush is 74.1, and his QBR against the blitz is 98.4" - This is an amazing stat for anybody let alone a rookie. Im truly impressed by this young man. But still we really have to watch this guy. He cant have a field day on us.

#19 Desert

Desert

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

Suggs should do what is best long term. But if he can play, then he should.

You saw so many people chiming in with "DON'T PLAY SIZZLE" when he first got hurt. Why not? If he is healthy and can play, he should. Only if it indeed does risk long term damage should he sit out.

There is NO long term for Suggs , He's a 10 year man now. Its now or never for him. His career is almost over.

#20 charliebucket

charliebucket

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Dear writers: Please stop referencing ESPN's gimmick QBR stat as if its a real stat. Nobody takes it seriously.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users