Upcoming Events:  Lil Ravens Camp      Training Camp Stadium Practices      Movie Night   

Watch Training Camp LIVE Thursday at 8:30 am ET

Ravens training camp kicks off Thursday & we're bringing the action directly to you! News, analysis, giveaways and more! More info ยป
Close

Photo

Hotels near FedEx Field help? Sightseeing?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SpiderWebb21

SpiderWebb21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

Driving in from Cincinnati for the game Sunday, I'm looking for a hotel near FedEx Field. At least close enough where Taxis won't be outrageous. Also, looking to do a little tourism on Saturday, anywhere close by where I can get a hotel, and do a little sightseeing?

THANKS!

#2 Nightman

Nightman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

Google "Hotels near FedEx Field" there are a few listings.

#3 SpiderWebb21

SpiderWebb21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

Google "Hotels near FedEx Field" there are a few listings.

I did. I found one. Usually when I travel, I like to see if anyone has any suggestions from personal experience, rather than just google it.

#4 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,034 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

Since FedEx is not our home field, most of us have little information on hotels and such in that area.
10wmids.jpg

#5 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,857 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

IWIW seeing the sites of DC is NOT a cab ride away.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#6 Nightman

Nightman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

You could take the metro to the game, but be prepared for delays on the Blue Line going to Morgan Boulevard Station which is a mile walk from FedEx Field. The Washington metro is single tracking on the Blue LIne this weekend between Stadium-Armory and Addison Road with trains running every 24 minutes between Huntington and Largo Town Center due to trackwork. Metro does this every weekend on the system or so it seems, the other alternative is to park at a Cash Lot on Bishop Peebles Drive and Jericho City Drive. Get off at the Arena Drive exit 16 off 495 and get in your left lane in the direction of FedEx Field and make a left at Jericho City Drive. Arena Drive becomes Bishop Peebles Drive and make a left at Jericho City Drive. Parking cost $40 and the lot is open 5 hours before kickoff at 8 am. This is the nearest cash lot to the stadium about 1/2 mile I will be at the BMore About Town sold out private Ravens Tailgate in Lot 10 in that area. I will just take my chances riding the Metro and leaving lots of extra time probably getting on the first red line train around 7 am and either walking from Largo Town Center or taking a taxi to the tailgate.

Go Ravens!

#7 SpiderWebb21

SpiderWebb21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

Thanks! We're taking the metro.

I know mod, just thought I'd ask. Considering its close and some ravens fans might live in the area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users