Ravens vs. Browns      Playoff Scenarios      Game Rewind   

Photo

A little Idea that I heard earlier

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#1 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

So I was talking to my friend today who is from BMore, and he said this.
I think that Bmore needs to win the next two games, @Was, and vs DEN, to clinch the #2 spot in the north. After that, he said rest the defensive players who are hurt, and even consider resting Flacco and Rice. IDT this is a bad idea. Flacco does take a beating from defenses, and if we wrap up the division, we are in the playoffs, and have homefield the first game. I completley agree with the D, but I would say start Joe vs NY. Beat them and guarentee yourself the #2 spot. Anyone here agree?
Banned

#2 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,316 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Easier said than done.

#3 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Easier said than done.

True, but if we pull that off Id say do that.
Banned

#4 Larryterri

Larryterri

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

I say make Joe earn that elite money he wants.
Super Bowl XLVII Champions!! GOD WILLS IT...

#5 frangecko112

frangecko112

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

im sorry but i wouldn't even consider benching joe flacco and ray rice for the upcoming games, our defensive players maybe but no one else because we have a very difficult schedule coming so even if we do beat the broncos and redskins, the 2nd seed would not be guaranteed with the giants and bengals after that

#6 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

ALL Qb's want elite money. Joe is getting killed. A playoff preformance is more important then a regular season preformance. At full health for the playoffs is what we want. We have to face Dumervill, Miller, Jones, Watt. EILITE pass rushers. At full health (minus Webb) we have a hard team to beat. I would rather have Joe looke elite in the playoffs.
Banned

#7 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

im sorry but i wouldn't even consider benching joe flacco and ray rice for the upcoming games, our defensive players maybe but no one else because we have a very difficult schedule coming so even if we do beat the broncos and redskins, the 2nd seed would not be guaranteed with the giants and bengals after that

I said play Joe vs Giants. PATS have a hard schedual too. IF we tie with Denver and NE and win against Denver, then we are#2
Banned

#8 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

I think that Bmore needs to win the next two games, @Was, and vs DEN, to clinch the #2 spot in the north. After that, he said rest the defensive players who are hurt, and even consider resting Flacco and Rice. IDT this is a bad idea. Flacco does take a beating from defenses, and if we wrap up the division, we are in the playoffs, and have homefield the first game. I completley agree with the D, but I would say start Joe vs NY. Beat them and guarentee yourself the #2 spot. Anyone here agree?

Only if we secure a playoff spot, and don't have a chance of losing it, or the 2nd seed. If at some point we are possibly maybe guaranteed the 2nd seed, I am for it.

#9 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

I think Denver is going to be the toughest game, even if Lewis comes back for it and Suggs is a go as well. Manning is a magician, and he's not showing any signs of being hurt anymore. I honestly think the Ravens will win this weekend, despite the halo over the head of Griffin III. But Denver, that will be completely different.

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#10 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,784 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

If there is nothing to play for (aka better seeding/home game), yes!
Posted Image

#11 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

I think Denver is going to be the toughest game, even if Lewis comes back for it and Suggs is a go as well. Manning is a magician, and he's not showing any signs of being hurt anymore. I honestly think the Ravens will win this weekend, despite the halo over the head of Griffin III. But Denver, that will be completely different.

Peyton is the greatest QB I have ever seen play. The second smartest man (behind Ray) in all of FB. Every one of these games is a chess match. I dont fear Terrible Tom or Ben, or Brees (I fear Rodgers though, Eli is too inconsistent) I fear Peyton. Thats why I say play everyone (cept Webb) against Denver.
Banned

#12 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

i think that is an awesome idea. we are so thin at linebacker it is unreal . what if after we secure the 2nd seed if (god forbid ) joe gets injured . I love tyrod he is very talented i do not see him winning playoffs/ superbowl . i do think tyrod could handle eli rg3 did and we have better weapons

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#13 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

Peyton is the greatest QB I have ever seen play. The second smartest man (behind Ray) in all of FB. Every one of these games is a chess match. I dont fear Terrible Tom or Ben, or Brees (I fear Rodgers though, Eli is too inconsistent) I fear Peyton. Thats why I say play everyone (cept Webb) against Denver.

the only game i think we may lose is denver and it is the most important of the remaining games to win . denvers schedule after us is gravy if they beat us ,,,,,,,,,,,I agree there is no equal to Peyton .

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#14 TreTheRaven

TreTheRaven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

Easier said than done.

This. With how this Ravens team plays on the road, and this very inconsistent offense -- I am very doubtful of the next game. Even more so after the last game.

Then with Peyton coming to town ... we all know his track record against the Ravens.

Edited by TreTheRaven, 05 December 2012 - 08:32 PM.

#15 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

This. With how this Ravens team plays on the road, and this very inconsistent offense -- I am very doubtful of the next game. Even more so after the last game.

Then with Peyton coming to town ... we all know his track record against the Ravens.

Cam is playing for his job, (somewhere else where he can get hired, if Steve doesnt fire him this offseason than I will kill, unless we win the SB) another thing on his resume. IMHO I think he knows now that he is playing to keep a job. HE HAS TO turn it up, or he will be working at a 711
Banned

#16 redlobster

redlobster

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

Flacco really isn't taking a beating he has avoided major hits , plus who wants a cold qb

#17 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,055 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

I don't like this idea and here is the reason:

1.) Resting players has not proven to be effective. I remember the Packers resting Aaron and what happened. Yeah, they got bounced. Granted, that's not the only reason but here's the thing with Flacco: he needs momentum. It is more beneficial to him to play than not.

2.) If we rest anyone, rest guys like Ngata, Suggs, Ellerbe, Dickson, Ed Reed, etc. You rest the guys who really, really need it. Maybe Yanda because his play has honestly been suspect recently. I would not rest Flacco or Rice unless they are really hurt.

3.) We're still playing for the #2 seed. Granted, if that chance is lost and a playoff berth guaranteed, and there is no beneficial reason to play our starters and we can't do better than a 3rd seed then what the Hell. If not, then you put your foot on the throat and go for the killer. This team needs the killer instinct. Resting won't bring about that factor.

EDIT: I'm partial to resting Ngata now. Put McPhee & Tyson at his DE spot, activate Hall & rotate Hall & Jones on the LDE. Keep Cody in the middle alternating with Kemo.

Edited by GrimCoconut, 05 December 2012 - 09:32 PM.

#18 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

I don't like this idea and here is the reason:

1.) Resting players has not proven to be effective. I remember the Packers resting Aaron and what happened. Yeah, they got bounced. Granted, that's not the only reason but here's the thing with Flacco: he needs momentum. It is more beneficial to him to play than not.

2.) If we rest anyone, rest guys like Ngata, Suggs, Ellerbe, Dickson, Ed Reed, etc. You rest the guys who really, really need it. Maybe Yanda because his play has honestly been suspect recently. I would not rest Flacco or Rice unless they are really hurt.

3.) We're still playing for the #2 seed. Granted, if that chance is lost and a playoff berth guaranteed, and there is no beneficial reason to play our starters and we can't do better than a 3rd seed then what the Hell. If not, then you put your foot on the throat and go for the killer. This team needs the killer instinct. Resting won't bring about that factor.

EDIT: I'm partial to resting Ngata now. Put McPhee & Tyson at his DE spot, activate Hall & rotate Hall & Jones on the LDE. Keep Cody in the middle alternating with Kemo.

Not Flacco or Rice anymore, but the D
Banned

#19 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

Only sit Joe if it gets to the point where we have locked the #2 seed and can't get the 1st.
Edit: Like the Cinci game only.

Edited by display name, 05 December 2012 - 09:45 PM.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#20 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Please don't turn this into a Flacco/Cam/play of offense debate.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."