Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Injury Report 12/5: Jimmy Smith Returns To Practice

45 posts in this topic

Dannell Ellerbe and Ed Dickson still aren’t practicing after missing the Steelers matchup.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Injury-Report-125-Jimmy-Smith-Returns-To-Practice/fe575f30-333e-4641-84db-4f35b4030706]View the full article[/url]

[quote name='display name' timestamp='1354750467' post='1247691']
I hope Corey Graham remains a starter.
[/quote] I hope so too .

the healthier we get the better off we are, regardless of whom is starti he t player is as valuable as the next man up. so seeing Ray Ray back, then Smith and all that after the injury plagued year for us, really has to amount to something. hopefully this is a sign of things to come for us ( in a positive manner) and the start of something special for our (P word) push.

doubt suggs will play but it will hurt to not have ellerbe play. good to see that a lot of our injured players are coming back to practice and hope they can make an impact these last few games and in the playoffs

I really hope we can get Ellerbe back soon. Having Ray is nice but Ellerbe is faster and we'll need him to spy on RG3 for Sunday. If someone doesn't collapse the pocket and contain him, we could be in for a long day.

Smith in my eyes is already one of the better CB's in the NFL. I hope we can get him back, Cary has been trash

This game is going to fall in the hands of our DEs and Pollard, JSmith probably wont play until next week, If Pollard can read rg3, I dont believe Rg3 can beat us by just passing the ball. That being said Flacco and the Offense will still need 24 points to win.This ganme will show me if The Ravens are mentally tough, I think they will find a way!

We need the good Joe Flacco to show up and put points on the board. Lots of points. We won't stop RG III. Keep him off the field with sustained scoring drives and we can win.

Glad he is better but graham should start. smith is a liability in coverage and if you watch game film he falls down on so many plays or just gets straight up torched espechilly on double moves. He was one of my favorites draft picks by the ravens but as of right now he has not showed that he deserves to be out there.

is it just me or does Heath Evans from nfl network hate the ravens? i mean he any time anyone talks about the ravens he always goes out of his way to trash the team or the players and always has great things to say about his patriots just like that scrubb from Sunday night football rodney harrison!

[quote name='Stone21' timestamp='1354758533' post='1247798']
is it just me or does Heath Evans from nfl network hate the ravens? i mean he any time anyone talks about the ravens he always goes out of his way to trash the team or the players and always has great things to say about his patriots just like that scrubb from Sunday night football rodney harrison!
[/quote]none of the sports commentators have any respect for the ravens . we need to step up win this whole thing and shut them all up

Even if Jimmy doesn't start, He's still a HUGE plus for the Secondary. Assuming Graham continues his success, and Cary continues to be solid, Jimmy is a very good option at #3 CB and it takes a load off of Cary and Corey because for at least a few plays Jimmy can cover one of the top 2 recievers

I just wish Jimmy would get healthy and show the promise I saw from him in the past. Having said that right now graham is hot rest well jimmy get fully healthy then show us what you got .

6 secondary members mentioned with some kind of problem. Only 4 start. RGIII hasn't really had a bad game. Maybe he's due. Let's hope!!

Ellerbe & Jimmy has been very injury prone. They got alot of talent, but they need to get their body in order

The more healthy starters we can get ready to play the better. I'm tired of having to piece together a roster week to week to account for injuries. It's time for the injury bug to move on, it's made its point.

Please do not put Jimmy smith back in.... He bites on every double move. A 12 year old can outrun this dude. Graham looks like a star. Smith looked like a bum when he started. He's talented But i am considering Disowning this defense.... As a ravens fan I knew we would suck but this is way worse than I thought....

i rather have Chris Johnson back at 100% next to Graham ,and to be Honest i do not see Jimmy as a corner safety maybe.

I'm glad to see Jimmy coming back, he may be struggling at corner but that's because he has very little experience. Give him time and he will get better.

Jimmy still has some learning to do and Corey Graham has balled his way, so hard, into the "Ones", so it will be interesting how this plays out! After all, when asked what impact Jimmy has had so far,... they just shrug and say, "He's tall"!

There's no report of a "tear" in T-Sizzle's muscle to my knowledge, so maybe he can respond to treatment and be back for Denver!

And,... Dannell Ellerbe is going to continue to be irreplaceable in the middle! It was his absence that gave Heath Miller all that free reign in the latest debacle!

I love how Ravens are getting healthier right b4 the playoffs. I pray for a speedy recovery for those not on IR. seriously Thats what a TEAM is. Next man steps up and then when the starters do come back they can provide the support they need. ELlerbe please get well please. We need you soo badly. RGIII is lightening fast but... we if we have Ellerbe spying we should be ok cuz we can chase him.

Hopefully RGIII tries to run away from Bernard Pollard, and finds out this aint college.. lol

i think having jimmy back would be a huge boost to a struggling secondary. That said, i think he's lost his job to graham. having Jimmy to play spot duty and nickel defense at this point would be a very positive thing for this defense right now.

[quote name='ravens2thebowl' timestamp='1354804831' post='1247976']
i think having jimmy back would be a huge boost to a struggling secondary. That said, i think he's lost his job to graham. having Jimmy to play spot duty and nickel defense at this point would be a very positive thing for this defense right now.
[/quote]

Last year, he got 3 picks playing nickel.. I like him playing Nickel to be honest

Jimmy Smith still hasn't convinced me that he was worth a first round pick, but he is much better than Graham. Let's hope we can find a way to stop the Redskins on the ground.

Jimmy is tall and fast. He just needs to work on his technique a little and get healthy.

way to go Jimmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaayyy....*in my Robert De Niro voice* from the movie; "The Fan." welcome back! we need you! get healed up...work on that technique and get out there and get it done brah!

~Mili

@caporocky::Jimmy Smith still hasn't convinced me that he was worth a first round pick,

So true he has not convinced me he is worth a 3rd round pick (looking at webby has done)
i will never stop hoping that we will get on track.jimmy put those pounds back on it not that wr are to fast for you it your technique.

Has Smith lost his position to Corey Graham? Smith's spotty performances don't impress me. Get him on the field if he's ready but don't expect any plays from him. Hope he's not a bust.

Ya need a pass rush to be a great CB. Cary Williams has beebn chasing open WRs all year. Corey should replace Cary when Jimmy is fit. We need a 4-3--Tampa 2 with McPhee&Ngata Kruger&Jones backed by Suggs-Lewis and McClain.Graham&Webb&Jimmy with Reed Next year. New OC-DC and a blitzing defense and a hurry up offense. Upshaw,Cody,K-man gone and the practice squad with Kindle helping out.

I had this surgery, he will be limited in mobility for a few more weeks and SORE after every period of exertion. I got my foot caught in a soccer goal net while trying to take off running and AAAAAHHHHH! AAAHHHHHH! And i thought i had ripped the scarred area open. He will be sore but able to play soon. Next week. Don't have anyone pull on your leg or fall flat on it! AAAAAHHHH!

Yeah but newrorayfan you have to remember these guys are getting surgery by the top surgeons in the world and have some of the best rehab guys as well. I'm sure it won't take as long for him to recover.