Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Poll: Where Does Redskins Rivalry Rank?

66 posts in this topic

The Battle of the Beltways will be refueled on Sunday. How big is that?

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Poll-Where-Does-Redskins-Rivalry-Rank/0eeaeb35-626e-49d8-8953-8db0c64fdf9c]View the full article[/url]

Battle of the Beltway is about all it is. Does not seem like they have played 4 times. I think the second biggest rival are the Bengals only because they play in the same division. The more they play the Patriots the more of a rivalry it will become. They seems to be so much bad blood brewing between the Ravens and Patriots that the gap will close but I think they are the third rivals after the Bengals.

So i love my ravens and i just thought about something. Its like us to lose a random game because of some fourth or halftime random stuff. Then it is very random when we comeback the next week and win a game over a good team by 10 points

anyways. i feel a blowout. no running the ball, all

I think Houston should be on the list. We've had some pretty big games plus we have a bunch of Ex-Texans. Things could get really heated if we continue to knock them out of the playoffs

Let's not forget the Tennessee Titans countless classic games in the playoffs , Steve McNair & Mason revenge games against there former club and of course Ray lewis classic interception against Eddie George . This is my personal favorite these two teams always play each other very hard.

I hate the Patriots! I thought I was the only one but clearly I'm not. Every time we lose to this it's some crap. I want to destroy them every time we play them.

Guess Im different, I don't like the Jets or Texans. I have no issue with any team on that list besides Bengals and Browns because they're AFC North.

i live in laurel MD, i can say i was the first second to my dad ravens fans in 1997, since about 2005, i have seen more and more jackets, car stickers flags. the skins fans here mostly but more respect us. the skins fans south of sliver spring.... its a blood hate. i Don't hate the skins, but i prefer us to win. i want the W to help with bar arguments :)

My thoughts on this scenario: Before last years AFC Championship game, the 2nd greatest rival of the Ravens was INDY hands down. I never thought I'd see the day that our hatred for another team overtook them, but NE did it. I absolutely despise the Pats now, and I see at this moment, they are crushing the others in the poll.

Indy will always be despised, but NE for now will remain the 2nd biggest rival of our team and fans.

Also I was surprised I didn't see the Texans, even the Jags, and especially the Titans on this list. The Titans used to be like the Steelers to us, even though they did leave the division.

And as for Redskins, I understand why some fans of the Ravens don't like them, but I've never really understood why there is so much dislike. They're down the road, good for them. We play them once every 4 years and we've never had those moments that define rivalries. I can understand a rivalry like the Jets and Giants who try to claim the same state as their home and fans, but DC and Baltimore aren't that. Also, before the draft RGIII was the player I've been most excited for since I started watching NFL. I think he's awesome, I admit I'd have rather him have gone to another team than the Redskins, but I've found it in me to support the Skins' as long as it doesn't interfere with the Ravens. Hating the Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys helps me support them. I just don't view them as rivals.

I've been saying that Ravens/Patriots will be the next big AFC rivalry...that week 3 game was pretty chippy. And guess what? We're going to play them AGAIN next year.

There's some potential for Ravens/Texans, but I honestly have no issue with them. Both the people on the team and the fans tend to be very nice...I can root against them but it's hard for me to hate them.

There's only one rivalry. Hope to see them in the playoffs and send them packing. Provided Cam Cameron doesn't go into another self induced coma and forget that Ray Rice is on the roster.

Cam must go!!!

It's an old vestige from the Baltimore Colts days!

I was taught, at my pop's trouser legs, that a true Colt fan hates the Redskins! The Colts and Redskins played an exhibition game every year.

Today, that has translated into a different kind of disdain! That being because the Redskins' previous owner, Jack Kent Cooke, convinced the NFL Commish, Tagliabue, to put franchises in J-Ville and Carolina in order to block Baltimore's chances!

I got no use for them!

i see NO rivalry with the redskins. sure, my area here in VA absolutely loves the redskins but to me...a rivarly? absolutely not. we just need to win on Sunday! period!

~Mili

There is a difference between team rivalry and fan rivalry. Obviously the Steelers qualify for both. I think the Browns and Colts are more of a fan rivalry. I could see the Patriots being a good team and fan rivalry ecpecially since there really is no one else in that division to provide the Pats with any competition and the Colts/Patriots rivalry died when Peyton went to Denver. As for the Skins I definitely dont see a team rivalry but maybe a yes to the fan rivalry for the older fans.

I live in redskins land and rivarly no way there not even on the ravens level . Now the patriots gotta love to hate them .

I am at ground zero for this game living in Northern VA. And.... yes I have tickets for the game in the 200 section, Ravens side. So when you see some idiot jumping and bouncing around all over the place in Ravens gear...that would be me.

So every Skin fan here I have talked to, or over heard, thinks the Ravens are going to be an easy win. As one guy put it, "you guys can't even beat a 3rd string QB on a beat up team at home, how you going to hand RG III?".

They said our 9-3 is from being lucky, not good play.....they are starting to really peeve me off here.

So, humbly, as a fan, I would like to ask the Ravens to kick the snot out of the Redskins this Sunday....before I choke the snot out of someone telling me how wonderful RG III is and how bad Flacco, and team is ONE MORE TIME!!

Thank you for listening

GO RAVENS!

I don't see why Ravens/Patriots has so much support. There just doesn't seem to be much basis. When have we ever played them in consecutive regular seasons? When have we played them in consecutive postseasons? It seems like no one even cared until last year's AFCC, and that one loss, no matter how bad it is, shouldn't suddenly elevate a team to #2 rival in the NFL.