Photo

[News] Poll: Where Does Redskins Rivalry Rank?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,826 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

The Battle of the Beltways will be refueled on Sunday. How big is that?

View the full article

#2 Magnum316

Magnum316

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

Battle of the Beltway is about all it is. Does not seem like they have played 4 times. I think the second biggest rival are the Bengals only because they play in the same division. The more they play the Patriots the more of a rivalry it will become. They seems to be so much bad blood brewing between the Ravens and Patriots that the gap will close but I think they are the third rivals after the Bengals.

#3 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,071 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

Not a rivalry at all.

#4 mrpitts

mrpitts

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

So i love my ravens and i just thought about something. Its like us to lose a random game because of some fourth or halftime random stuff. Then it is very random when we comeback the next week and win a game over a good team by 10 points

anyways. i feel a blowout. no running the ball, all

#5 mrpitts

mrpitts

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

i feel like cam reads our post sometimes lol

#6 Ngata_loser

Ngata_loser

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

more like a rivalry between fans.

#7 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,234 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

I would love to see us squeak by 17 to 16.

Super Bowl Champions 01/28/01 and 02/03/13!

#8 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,005 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

I think Houston should be on the list. We've had some pretty big games plus we have a bunch of Ex-Texans. Things could get really heated if we continue to knock them out of the playoffs

#9 jravens13

jravens13

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

If they ever go to 18 games, they should create 2 AFC-NFC Rivalries. Maybe Washington and Philly?

#10 Ravens in The Dena

Ravens in The Dena

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

Ravens just need to go down 95 and play Raven football, physical and fast from start to finish.

#11 blindbat

blindbat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

Let's not forget the Tennessee Titans countless classic games in the playoffs , Steve McNair & Mason revenge games against there former club and of course Ray lewis classic interception against Eddie George . This is my personal favorite these two teams always play each other very hard.

#12 MDpgRaven

MDpgRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

my ranking of teams i hate is....

Pitt
Colts
Pats
Bengals
Browns
Skins

#13 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

It was a rivalry back in the day when Sonny J. and Johnny U. suited up.

#14 Heubs

Heubs

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

I hate the Patriots! I thought I was the only one but clearly I'm not. Every time we lose to this it's some crap. I want to destroy them every time we play them.

#15 SuRihtanil

SuRihtanil

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

Guess Im different, I don't like the Jets or Texans. I have no issue with any team on that list besides Bengals and Browns because they're AFC North.

#16 MDpgRaven

MDpgRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

i live in laurel MD, i can say i was the first second to my dad ravens fans in 1997, since about 2005, i have seen more and more jackets, car stickers flags. the skins fans here mostly but more respect us. the skins fans south of sliver spring.... its a blood hate. i Don't hate the skins, but i prefer us to win. i want the W to help with bar arguments :)

#17 Johnwilson

Johnwilson

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

ravens vs Texans 6-1(1-0) postseason Ravens!

#18 MDpgRaven

MDpgRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

no Jags hate?

#19 CrimsonRaven

CrimsonRaven

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

My thoughts on this scenario: Before last years AFC Championship game, the 2nd greatest rival of the Ravens was INDY hands down. I never thought I'd see the day that our hatred for another team overtook them, but NE did it. I absolutely despise the Pats now, and I see at this moment, they are crushing the others in the poll.

Indy will always be despised, but NE for now will remain the 2nd biggest rival of our team and fans.

Also I was surprised I didn't see the Texans, even the Jags, and especially the Titans on this list. The Titans used to be like the Steelers to us, even though they did leave the division.

And as for Redskins, I understand why some fans of the Ravens don't like them, but I've never really understood why there is so much dislike. They're down the road, good for them. We play them once every 4 years and we've never had those moments that define rivalries. I can understand a rivalry like the Jets and Giants who try to claim the same state as their home and fans, but DC and Baltimore aren't that. Also, before the draft RGIII was the player I've been most excited for since I started watching NFL. I think he's awesome, I admit I'd have rather him have gone to another team than the Redskins, but I've found it in me to support the Skins' as long as it doesn't interfere with the Ravens. Hating the Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys helps me support them. I just don't view them as rivals.

#20 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,071 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

I've been saying that Ravens/Patriots will be the next big AFC rivalry...that week 3 game was pretty chippy. And guess what? We're going to play them AGAIN next year.

There's some potential for Ravens/Texans, but I honestly have no issue with them. Both the people on the team and the fans tend to be very nice...I can root against them but it's hard for me to hate them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users