Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ravens Face Tough Schedule In Final Stretch

47 posts in this topic

The Ravens are in prime position for a playoff return, but they have their work cut out.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Face-Tough-Schedule-In-Final-Stretch-/85c7895d-eba3-4594-9a3a-b763ed07e860]View the full article[/url]

the offense must match point for point with all these teams if they want a chance to win. good luck cameron!!

Right now,we should be sitting up top @ no less than 11-1,I give Houston props on spanking us.But it sounds like we've just settled for making the playoffs.As long as we make the playoffs,we're not concern about going to the super bowl.This is crunch time.If we can not establish a killer mentality now,it's over.We have to start putting teams away,stomping on necks.Watch how Peyton operates & RGIII,both of these guys have the killer instinct needed.

Play Raven football they way it is ment to be and stop trying to be the greatest show on turf. We don't have the OC to draw up plays/routes to get our WRs open enough to attempt that type of play.

I can only afford a loss to the redskins,the other 3 games we definetly need to win..and hope for the pats loss against texans or niners

Not a single non playoff contending team in the next four games. This schedule is tough, but oh well. If we are a playoff caliber team, then we should be able to beat those teams. I am with you guys, I can't stand Cam, but the odds in him getting fired with the Ravens on the door of making the playoffs for the fifth straight season on as likely as any of us hitting the powerball or mega million lottery. So we are stuck with him. Wow, that sounds depressing. lol

I should be panicking, but I am not. The ravens have NEVER lost 2 in a row under John. SO, we will win the next game, no matter what it takes. We will be 10-3 and get that 2nd seed in the AFC again. I honestly think there is a plan to for December and onward. We are a strong minded team, a physical team that is built for cold weather. I honestly think Cam Cameron will surprise us all in the next 4 weeks. his play-calling will seem superb, Flacco will start clicking with himself and the receivers, and the running game will become unstoppable.

What is Cam Cameron was told not to reveal big plays in the Regular Season? What if we are acting as a team that is about to struggle, when this could be our game-plan all along, and go to the Playoffs and finish teams with ease? What if... what if...?

I hope we can watch this team get better now in the final push, and come playoff time, everyone shakes at the thought of playing us at HOME. I believe we will be running the ball much more, combined with some spread out offense that will be as balanced as ever to win.

I predict 4-0 in the last 4 games of the season. Washington is too hyped up, immature and thinking they are invincible and about to play a wounded Ravens team. Ravens win, 24-17.

The Broncos will struggle as they will play us at home. If you are going to the game... SCREAM YOUR HEADS OFF PLEASE. There is little we can do, but letting our defense know we support them, could be the diff. We win this with a, amazing performance by R. Rice. Ravens win, 33-30. (Overtime win? Tucker..?)

Next, Eli will visit. I am not taking into account what their record will be when they visit us, but I assume they will be playing tougher than ever. This could be the game we lose, but again, we are at home. The offense will shine again. I again predict a very balanced play-calling that will make their pass rushers seem confused. The key in this game is to NOT turn the ball over. Whoever does, they will win. I predict our D forces 3 turnovers, and one pick six... Reed? C. Graham? How about C. Williams?? Ok, maybe not :P
Ravens win, 24-21.

And the Bengals. They could be fighting for a spot, or could be out. Nonetheless, this will be the game that we have to put the icing on the cake. R. Lewis will be active and playing ALL snaps on defense. I think this game we will punish Cincy as a defense and Paul Krugerrrrr goes off. BOLD PREDICTION: Kruger 4 sacks! We win this one easily 37 - 17.

And, we get ready for the Playoffs with a first round bye. Houston will more than likely have the first seed, so we will get the second one.

These are BOLD THINGS I am saying, but what if they come true? What if we do play like we are capable of, and force Cam to either start calling balanced plays, or he will be fired next year.

The Playoffs are another season, but if we can find our grove, there is nothing stopping us.

Love this team, and everyone do not panic. After all, all we can do is watch and cheer our team. What is we had a team like the Browns who have sucked for years. Or a team like the Rams... Chiefs...? Let's not forget our guys fight strong and are in the playoffs EVERY year.

Less go get this [profanity deleted] working again and MESS PEOPLE UP!

- ASR10

Not looking good.....Don't see a win here....Deadskins playing at home for a playoff spot......Denver...at home....don't think we have EVER beaten Peyton....HE OWNS US....Giants are going to be scratching for a division title and are good on the road.....Cincy is an away game and we have had trouble in the past with them for sue......We really need a qb that Cam can work with(Rivers-Brees)that can actually tell time in the pocket and does not get Happy feet at the first sign of pressure.....sorry for the bad news guys....

Posted · Hidden by Moderator 3, December 5, 2012 - all caps · Report post

LETS GO BACK TO THE REAL RAVENS RUN FIRST PASS SECOND, IF RICE AND PIERCE KEEP RUNNING LIKE THEY DO AND WE ONLY PASS WHEN WE NEED TO WE WILL BE IN GOOD SHAPE, WE CAN BEAT ALL THESE TEAMS, BRONCOS HAVE SUCH AN EASY SCHEDULE, WE'RE PROBABLY THE TOUGHEST TEAM THEY WILL FACE, REDSKINS CAN ONLY KEEP WINNING FOR SO LONG THERE STREAK WILL COME TO AN END, AND GIANTS THEY'RE HOT AND COLD, BENGAL, WE OWN THEM

Posted · Hidden by Moderator 3, December 5, 2012 - all caps · Report post

IVE NOTICED THAT RAVENS ALWAYS WIN WHEN EVERYONE DOUBTS THEM, AND LOSE WHEN THEY SHOULD WIN

I really don't like Raven fans that say we r going to lose the rest of our games. If u feel like that, don't watch or change your team IJS

I really hope we win out, but I don't see it happening. Peyton is going to keep doing the same thing he does, and that is exploit our depleted secondary. Hopefully Ray will be able to counter some of his calls. I don't want to see another home game loss this season. That is a bummer.

right now we're in good position b/c people are counting us out, so if we get our offense straight will be fine in playoffs. D the is not the problem, a lot of is the Offense, doesn't run the ball to help out the D.

why are ppl even doubting us, number 1 the Broncos have the like the easiest schedule, we're most likely the toughest team they're going to encounter, besides the pats, and giants they're hot and cold who knows which team we're gonna get, and the Bengal bottom point is we own them, The Redskins can only win for so long,that 3 game winning streak is coming to an end this Sunday! Plus havent ya notice that when people doubts us the most thats when we come through and when we should win we don't , Ravens should just stick the run since Rice and Pierce been doing so well, and pass only when we need to, cause who knows which Flacco will show up,

I don't care who the heck we play. I believe in my team and our ability to win any given Sunday regardless of the opponent. Those of you who are so called "Ravens fans" doubting your team aren't true fans. Yeah,we have our ups and downs so does every other team in the NFL. I'd rather be doubted and have our backs against the wall. That usually brings out the best in our team.

If it's any indication from last week's game then the Ravens will lose the next 3 and maybe 4. I'm just bewildered why the Ravens can't put points up on the board

The Ravens seem to have trouble containing a QB who can run. Earlier this year it was Michael Vick (Eagles) and this week it will be RG iii. So this week I am more worried about the defense. Can they contain RG iii or get enough pass rush around him to keep him in the pocket to make him throw into coverage hopefully get some INTs?

[quote name='Popeye the sailor man' timestamp='1354732098' post='1247439']
If it's any indication from last week's game then the Ravens will lose the next 3 and maybe 4. I'm just bewildered why the Ravens can't put points up on the board
[/quote]

Try deep passes falling incomplete nearly every fifth play or so! Yes, I agree with ya, man,... that possibility exists!

The thing is the Ravens are talented enough to win all four games.....the question is will they?

In my opinion:

The offense goes for the long range "death bomb" way too often instead of chipping away with running plays, quick releases, and a dose of play action. Then every once in a while stab down field. Most LBs can not cover Rice, why don't we use that. Make them bring up a safety (heck I would line up Doss as a TE once in a while).

The defense is not radical enough, man to man and creative blitz more often. Sure you can get burned doing that, but I would rather that then a slow defeat watching QBs playing pitch and catch with receivers dancing around holes in zones. Need to rattle the QBs, not let them knit a sweater back there.

Of course... I am only a fan, watching what other teams are doing and being successful with. :)

GO RAVENS!

Posted · Hidden by Moderator 3, December 5, 2012 - Spamming same post over and over · Report post

Something came to my head yesterday.

Something that is very important. I need the ravens staff to notice this so I will be repeating it.

We need to keep Tommy Streeter for a long time.

He will be what this ravens offense has never had, a big and fast reciever. He is what this offense needs.

I dont care how he performed in his first practices or about the injury.

He will get better and to be frank, you can't go wrong with a 6-foot 5 inch reciever.

Can you name any reciever in the league that is 6-foot 5 or taller that is not good. Ok.

We need to make sure we keep him point blank, so at least we will have a real deep threat reciever.

Thank you for reading this and I hope it makes a difference.

Posted · Hidden by Moderator 3, December 5, 2012 - Spamming same post over and over · Report post

Something came to my head yesterday.

Something that is very important. I need the ravens staff to notice this so I will be repeating it.

We need to keep Tommy Streeter for a long time.

He will be what this ravens offense has never had, a big and fast reciever. He is what this offense needs.

I dont care how he performed in his first practices or about the injury.

He will get better and to be frank, you can't go wrong with a 6-foot 5 inch reciever.

Can you name any reciever in the league that is 6-foot 5 or taller that is not good. Ok.

We need to make sure we keep him point blank, so at least we will have a real deep threat reciever.

Thank you for reading this and I hope it makes a difference.

WE can win out if we play to our ability . treating RG3 like a rookie would be a huge mistake . I am confident we can come back and win this game and on to the next but underestimating the opponet again will not end well .