178 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,616 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

If Baltimore is to prevent a sudden downturn in the season, it needs a comeback game.

View the full article

#2 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

This game had to be one of the worst we've seen in recent memories.

We lost to a 3rd string QB. Flacco got outperformed by granpa Batch @ our turf (188 yards, 45% passing completion, 1TD, 1 Fumble, 1 INT).

Steelers had no Big Ben, No Ike Taylor and were basically subjected to 3rd string CBs.

We've still yet to see our Ravens team really wake up from last year's slumber. Maybe this is a catalyst for us to WAKE UP and start performing as unit in all phases of the team (OFFENSE, defense, ST, coaches).

Its really NOW or NEVER for us. We have @Redskins(who is fighting for playoff spot), Giants(who is fighting for playoff spot), Broncos(who is fighting us for #2 seed bye), and @Bengals(who is fighting for playoff spot).

We have an opportunity to put ourselves in a superbowl trip. Lets NOT LOSE THIS CHANCE!!!!!!!!

#3 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,541 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

@Ravenseconbeast,don't get your hopes up. This has been happening on offense now for for at least 3 years. 2010 was the year of the 3 and out for us. Last year it was just covered up more due to the fact the defense could get people off the field on a more consistent basis without use allowing them to get to the red zone.

#4 mettro79

mettro79

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

We need to play Baltimore Raven football. On offense, defense, and special teams. We have one of the most talented rosters in the league, we should not lose to lesser opponents, period. I'm hoping that gift we gave to Pittsburgh the other night serves as a wake up call to our coaches and players.

#5 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,502 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

get it together offense. maybe a players only meeting would help!!

#6 Twistidfunk

Twistidfunk

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

We were a much better team last season. That door was slammed shut with Lee Evans. This season the hated Pittsburgh Steelers just let us know how good we really are. We escaped some close games with wins but I think the writing was on the wall all season. I just didn't want to accept it but I think I finally have. My expectations for a Superbowl are not realistic at this point, not that it should matter to anyone else, but I get a feeling I am not alone.

Edited by Twistidfunk, 04 December 2012 - 04:53 PM.

#7 SmashMouth7

SmashMouth7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

Next time y'all wear the black jerseys wear the black pants too, the black on white is so tired. Harbaugh!!!

#8 chevalier

chevalier

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

Dark Cloud- that is exactly how i'd describe it too. Losing to someone like roethlisberger or Peyton Manning (if it comes to that) is tolerable insofar as they are who they are. But to lose like this at home to Batch jus makes me sick and you cant help but question whether this team has any potential to go past the wild card round. Our offense underperforms so consisently you can set a watch by it

#9 dwhravens

dwhravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

Read Steelers injury report. Ike Taylor out with broken ankle. Wallace knee issue sanders sprained shoulder. ..the steelers played their super bowl against us..they r so banged up the chargers can beat them. Floyd will have a good game. Skins lost a starting cb due to violating ped policy. Ravens got this!

#10 SmashMouth7

SmashMouth7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

Was just thinking back when someone said Peyton and Eli coming, time to shut up all the critics and be elite, referring to Joe. Then I think Charlie Batch.

#11 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

We were a much better team last season. That door was slammed shut with Lee Evans. This season the hated Pittsburgh Steelers just let us know how good we really are. We escaped some close games with wins but I think the writing was on the wall all season. I just didn't want to accept it but I think I finally have. My expectations for a Superbowl are not realistic at this point, not that it should matter to anyone else, but I get a feeling I am not alone.

I completely understand how you feel on this one. I still have a glimmer of hope because the Giants have shown the NFL that once a team makes the playoffs that anything can happen. I dont think that we can make it there by pure football, not the way we've been looking. But mabye with a little luck and inspiration this team does in fact have a chance.

z66oxxi.jpg

#12 Bohica5

Bohica5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

ok our games left-Wash-rookie qb's have not had the best of luck against us but they have a great running game and ok defense but they have a bad coach-Denver-Peyton Manning OWNS US....-Giants-Think little bro gets some tips(not that he need them)on owning us?.....-Cincy-they are much improved and its a ROAD game.......I think the decision to keep flacco is going to come down to these games so if he still wants to qb(Delaware wouldn't even take this guy back)in the nfl he better figure something out REAL quick like.......

#13 Npane171

Npane171

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

What's the recipe? "It's pretty simple, really. They need to bounce back..." Nah [profanity deleted]. That's not a recipe, though! We know what needs to be done, the HOW is the recipe we're looking for...tired of the propaganda crap!Get it with! We're broken right now. We need some kind of life. Cameron is like a cancer, and Joe is looking bi-polar! We need help. Admit it.

#14 Npane171

Npane171

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

"Mental toughness" is not something I give Joe. Sure, he has good qualities, but that's not one...sorry.

#15 TorryGundy

TorryGundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

Ozzie has his work cut out for him next year. Do you overpay Flacco or do a stupid dumb thing like really overpay him with the franchise tag. Do we resign Ed Reed? What do we do with Ellerbe in a contract year. What about Cary Williams? Do we ask Ngata to restructure his oversized contract? What about Boldin...This is the big cap hit year with his contract, Lil Ray too. Do we continue to pay an underused FB the money some starting Center could make. How much upside will KO and the rest of the young lineman have. We are in the middle of a big cross roads and in the middle of a rebuild. But as the Giants shown us, all we have to do is get hot at the right time. Are we the best on paper right now, NO. Do we have what we need to win it all ? HEck YEs. We just need to get hot and humble again.

#16 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

chevalier....

I think that we can get past the wildcard round. I think we can play with anyone....We beat the Patriots, the Sqeelers, the Bengals and theCowboys and really have only been out of one game (Texans).

We can keep it close enough to give us a chance but we are not a dominate team... we are not going to jump up and dominate any of the better teams. (Or anyone else for that matter).

We are an experienced and battle hardened team and if we advance in the playoffs its bc we ground another team out. We simply out lasted them or took care of the football better then they did.

One thing in our favor is that we can play well (not great but) well in all three phases of the game! most teams have some area of major weakness. So, with our balance and experience... i feel like we can beat anyone but

With our Play calling and game plans I feel like we can drop any game also?

Quite frustrating and hard to watch at times...
Just hoping we can put it all togehter and peak at the right time????

#17 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

A "Must Win" game considering what lies ahead the next two weeks even though they are home games.

#18 Bruce_Almty

Bruce_Almty

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Anyone see the Hurry-Up Offense recently??? Did the OC put that back on the bench for another year???
smh

Edited by Bruce_Almty, 04 December 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#19 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

No..the three and out Hail Mary offense is back in action.

#20 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,316 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

While definitely not on the bandwagon of those who say Flacco isn't the solution and stuff, I think it's obvious that Flacco's season is a disappointment so far - and not many games have left for him to prove himself. Espacially considering the fact that he's got a personal position coach in Jim Caldwell, who's an accomplished and proven QB coach.

Joe, you should understand - and I think you do - that by calling yourself the best QB in the NFL you've put the burden of proof on yourself - and so far you've failed. What you've managed to prove is that you've got the throwing skills that could put you on one shelf with the greatest throwing QB's: Brees, brady, etc, and that you can stay focussed in the dying minutes of an important game. But that's not enough. The thing that you've been most criticized for was consisteny - and lets face it: your 2012 season so far have prove those critics right: you're still way too inconsistent. Without you improving there's no improved Ravens. The 2012 Ravens is by no means a better team than the 2011 Ravens were.

Joe, it's your contract year. I'm more than sure so far you've shaved off millions from your next contract compared to what you would have gotten if you strike a deal last summer. It isn't over yet, the fat lady hasn't sung yet, you can still lead to the Ravens in the Super Bowl this season (although I see no trace of the consistency of the team's production necessary to even get near the SB: one week we even need luck against the Chiefs, another week we thrash the Raiders and then beat the steelers and the Chargers on the road...) - but right now your offense isn't an Sb-caliber - it isn't even a championship caliber: instead of steady progress, most of our O drives consist of worthless (no-gain or negative yardage) snaps plus one or two ingenious snaps that keep the drive alive. No steady progress.

Joe, the nfl.com has already put the "not that great" tag on you - and we all know how hard it is to remove: Eli has the same tag - even with two blings... You've got zero, and all signs point towards that you'll still have zero when this season ends. i think i can say that most Ravens-fans still believe in you and trust that you are the long time solution, our franchise QB - but I'm quite positive there are more fans who don't believe in you now than at the beginning of the season. You've got less and less time not to go on the Cassell or Sanchez-track - a very promising young QB who ends up as a joke - but on the "normal" track of a very talented young QB who has - and does! - what it takes to run the full trajectory to become an elite QB.

I believe today you're further from that goal than you were at the beginning of the season - but you can still get there.

But it would be high time to start playing like an elite promise.

bio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users