Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Dannell Ellerbe 'A Big Loss' On Defense

38 posts in this topic

The Ravens had issues with tackling and linebacker pass coverage in Sunday’s loss.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Dannell-Ellerbe-A-Big-Loss-On-Defense/e8a394c0-7632-481e-a322-399bb2d2321f]View the full article[/url]

Really love to see Ellerbe and Dickson back for the Redskins. Gonna be a helluva game and we're gonna need everyone as healthy as they can be.

There were a lot of plays recently against the Steelers where players were left wide open. Hopefully another week can mesh this new secondary unit and Ellerbe can help shore up passes over the middle.

This is huge, Ellerbee has been such a great fill in! So good we might not be needing to draft a inside linebacker this year. Well at least not for a starting role. (depth is always important as we are learning from this year lol)

One thing that concerned me last week (witch proved right) is concerning me this week too, were playing another team with there backs against the wall. The Skins are going to come out fighting and if we dont match that mentality it might not be a very good week for us again witch is the last thing I want! Also hope Ellerbee gets healthy soon!

I think someone paid the Raiders not to release Rolando McClain. With the injuries we're getting a LB, it would be nice to have that cat in our pool of LBs to choose from.

that's y i said if we play like we played vs pit, we would be lucky to make the playoffs as wildcard, the remained schedule is tough and not to mention the QBs, and they're all fighting for playoffs spots or better seeding,

That Morris kid rund hard. We better practice some takling. That fore are shimmy dive at the shoulder stuff wont work. He runs hard and they run a zone blocking scheme very well. We have to be disciplined and wrap up. They dont do anything fance. They are just effective.

The lack of Offense that was supposed to have a "Break out" year has not helped compensate for a battered less than stellar Defense that we fans are used to seeing.

Don't get me wrong, I love Harbs as a coach, but his freaking comments drive me nuts.

%u201CI thought the run defense was really good" Really?!? That's funny, because I thought is was atrocious at times.

Harbaugh said "FAKE SCREENS" drew us out of coverage. Silly me, is that something Cam can do on Offense? Just sayin...

If a player is consistently not on the field, what good is he? This is not a put-down on Ellerbe, but we see less of him that more.
I contend that it is finally time to draft a MLB within the first 3 rounds in 2013. BTW, I would also like to see the defense also addressed high in the next draft, with a selection along the defensive line since I do not think Cody and McPhee have contributed consistently enough. (Granted, I know McPhee has dealt with injuries.) A lack of pass rush with always kill the Ravens.

We need to sign Ellerbe to a long term deal!! the only thing that worries me is that he has trouble staying healthy.When Ray comes back I'd rather see Mcclain come of the bench and leave Ellerbe as the starter!!

I like this Guy since day one! He's all over the field! Tackling their backs will always be a problem because they are 230lbs! MINIMUM! DUH! Heath miller will make ALL our Linebackers stand on their tip toes when dealing with him! And I feel the Ravens spread the defense a lil too wide sometimes! They will fix it, in time for the Run!

I always knew that Ellerbe and McClain would be our next men up for the linebacking corp. Hopefully he'll be able to play on Sunday because someone needs to keep an eye on RG3 in case he tries to scramble.

When I was watching the game I was stunned at how wide open the wide receivers that chykie brown was covering were. The Baltimore ravens were given a gift on the Emmanuel sanders fumble and the wide open mike Wallace in the end zone. It seemed as if every ball thrown towards chykie browns way was completed to a steelers wr or incomplete because of dumb luck. I blame chykie brown mostly for the loss. Baltimore ravens need Chris Johnson to play badly over chykie brown.

[quote name='bpytnjr58' timestamp='1354660864' post='1246819']
The lack of Offense that was supposed to have a "Break out" year has not helped compensate for a battered less than stellar Defense that we fans are used to seeing.
[/quote]

I totally agree! The offense can't stay on the field and the defense has to work through injury after injury and their fourth D.C. in as many years.

Todd heap is a free agent in 2013 sign him and cut Ed Dickson ravens after the season is over. Ed Dickson has been a serious bust. Dennis pitta is okay but we need Todd heap to be the number 1 tight end again and Dennis pitta to be number 2. Also the ravens don't need ray Lewis anymore he is washed up and the reason the ravens run defense was so bad in the beginning.The Ravens rush defense became top notch when dannell ellerbe replaced him.

i agree with the comment made Below completely Bench Mcclain when ray comes back and Have Ray and Ellerbe as the starters ,speed and Knowledge ,Mcclain all year has been awful ,and to the guy who said get heap back and the reason we were so bad in run defense was Rays Fault first off look at Heaps numbers this year ,i like heap but hes only played in 2 Games this year ,as far as the run defense you cant Blame Ray for a D-Line that has completely taken form since his injury ,Look at all the playoff teams for example in contention you want to blame someone Blame the Offense Cam and Flacco ,the defense cannot be on the field 80% or more of the time and expect to be a top 10 defense in the nfl look at NE DEN and the other teams and look how the rank above us offensively.

Who would've thought that we would be talking about how badly we missed Ellerbe not playing in a game. I have to admit it definitely showed...don't know about Josh Bynes I know he's talented but in my opinion I think Ellerbe is our fastest linebacker. We need more fast lb's like him that can cover rb's and te's.

I can't believe we are talking about Ellerbe ..... and Mcclellan!! Best we have with Suggs in decline.....injuries aside he disappeared in the last five games last season and has be injured this year. All hype and too much noise. Maybe the Ravens should sell his contract to ESPN.