Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ravens Week 14 Playoff Scenarios

80 posts in this topic

Despite last weekend’s loss to the Steelers, the Ravens can still clinch the AFC North Sunday.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Week-14-Playoff-Scenarios/d3d7ea81-6a36-43d1-94cd-e52269e42872]View the full article[/url]

let's just take a step back here for a second and remember that to have even a chance to clinch their division, the ravens have to beat washington. especially after seeing rg3 lead that comeback against a team as talented as the giants, i'm seriously doubtful that that will happen.

Let's do the part we can control ... that's the part that involves us WINNING in DC.

If ever we are going to prove that our offense is anything but pathetic on the road - now is the time. If that loss last weekend doesn't put a chip on someobody's shoulder, I don't know what will. We better come out swinging for 60 minutes. Do what we did not do last week and that is PLAY LIKE RAVENS.

Forget 11-5, We can be 13-3. We can beat the Skins and both the Mannings have to come to our stadium. This is towards the end of the season and this isn't the time to say.. well we only have to win half of our next four games. We still can beat out the other teams to get the number two spot. I want to see the Steelers one more time in the playoffs. I want to see them lose when it matters on our field.

We all know the best case scenario, what about the worse case ? If, for the one millionth time, Cam Cameron forgets that Ray Rice is actually on the roster, our worse case is a distinct possibility. Can you say 9-7? Cam can.

Cam must go !!!

We need Pats to lose a game in the AFC conference to get the tie breaker for #2 seed and we don't lose anymore. Ravens 9-3, 8-2 AFC, Pats 9-3, 8-1 AFC.

Since this team doesn't lose 2 in a row, [b]it's probable that we'll win at least 2 games[/b]. More likely 3 games and coast the last game if we can get some help with a tough New England schedule. New England has the 49ers, Texans and the Dolphins left on their schedule -- certainly not easy. However, the Broncos have Ravens, Browns, Chiefs and the Raiders left. So, this game is crucial [b]but even more critical will be the Broncos game[/b]. In the event of a tie, we'd have tiebreakers with wins over NE and the Broncos. So a home playoff game will be secured with 2 wins. [b]And 3 wins -- with a victory over the Broncos may be just enough to give us a first round bye -- along with a home playoff game.[/b] Perhaps a championship game at home if someone can bump the Texans in the second round.

Its a week to week league, what happened the week prior has norging to do with this upcioming game. Everyone that is doom and gloom and already saying the Ravens will lose the rest of there games, I have a solution> DONT WATCH THE GAMES. RavenNation has no room for fans that count there team out after one loss.

Give Ray the Ball, it's pretty simple. Try a slant or two, it's pretty simple. Let's do a WR screen or two, it's pretty simple. Use the route tree other than a "9" route and a cross or two, it's pretty simple. However....we have Cam Cameron. "What's the hardest way to go about winning a game???" Tune in Sunday to see if it works this week....

[quote name='Ravens in The Dena' timestamp='1354647446' post='1246569']
How easy fans forget, that this team after a loss always comes back stronger
[/quote]

Have you forgotten who our OC is ?

The funny part about it is... people will be demanding for Ray Rice to get the ball a lot on Sunday.

Sadly, that's exactly what shouldn't happen. He can get his touches, but you beat Washington by throwing the ball, and particularly, throwing it down field.

Make no mistake... this game against Washington is now officially crucial. We are one win away from the playoffs, and 2 away from the Division.

But if we lose this game (against the worst team we will face remaining), you could realistically see us losing to Denver and NYG and nobody would think twice about it.

The absolute worst scenario for this team is to play a must-win week 17 game on the road against Cincinnati, in what could be for a division or playoff spot.

This game is now officially a must-win in my opinion.

[quote name='rmcjacket23' timestamp='1354647773' post='1246582']
The funny part about it is... people will be demanding for Ray Rice to get the ball a lot on Sunday.

Sadly, that's exactly what shouldn't happen. He can get his touches, but you beat Washington by throwing the ball, and particularly, throwing it down field.
[/quote] your correct the redskins are stout against the run but there secondary is suspect.

[quote name='BrentWrightRavensFan' timestamp='1354647239' post='1246562']
Let's Go Ravens!
Let's Go Cowboys!
Let's Go Chargers!

Cowboys and Chargers are the teams that the Bengals and Steelers played.
[/quote] Can i add let's go texans . any patriot loss could help in the long run.

[quote name='Ravens in The Dena' timestamp='1354647446' post='1246569']
[/quote]

Yeah,... we got that right beside the "We never lose at home" urban myth!

Our guys will play the game hard and let superstitions stay in the grandstands

There are no easy games in this league. I like the fact we can control our own destiny. We will also possible get the General back! Nothing like haveing the legand for the playoffs!

Mystigo_Dragon
Posted
2 minutes ago
Ravens in The Dena, on 04 December 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

Yeah,... we got that right beside the "We never lose at home" urban myth!

Our guys will play the game hard and let superstitions stay in the grandstands-- Just saying everyone around here gets so down and acts like the sky is falling after a loss. Ravens have always bounced back well after a Loss. The skins are coming off a short week with a hard fought emotional win, just like we were coming off two very tough games, not saying that is why we lost, we lost because we lack the proper coaching to make in game adjustments imo.

After that weak performance at home and the stubbornness of our coaches not accepting their mistakes, I am just worried that we are going to end the season 9-7! It is very scary but could happen. Flacco, please go out there and show some passion on the field.

[quote name='llwillow1231' timestamp='1354648288' post='1246599']
Can i add let's go texans . any patriot loss could help in the long run.
[/quote] If the texans can't beat the patriots then we do still have another chance the 49er's might be able to . those two teams have the greatest chance of success against the patriots of the remaining teams the patriots face

"Sadly, that's exactly what shouldn't happen. He can get his touches, but you beat Washington by throwing the ball, and particularly, throwing it down field."

This is a road game right? Which quarter / half do you expect the offense to show up, because they haven't been in attaendance for a complete road game all year. I really wanted them to get this done sunday. Looking at this schedule prior to this week i had them losing 3 of the last four. These up coming teams have stepped it up and are playing for something. We seem to be business as usual, playing to the level of the opposing team.

We really need the Texans and the Pats to lose big time. I hope they all choke their final games so we can get that number one seed. If we are going to make the Super Bowl the home field advantage will be super important.

First things first, we need to beat the Redskins this week. Not only for pride but our playoff clinching hopes would becomes significantly harder if we let this one get away.