Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Bernard Pierce Proving Nice Complement To Ray Rice

40 posts in this topic

The rookie running back is coming off a pair of strong games the last two weeks.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Bernard-Pierce-Proving-Nice-Complement-To-Ray-Rice--/c98050c8-a462-4d9e-b53f-b1fdf42ab9f1]View the full article[/url]

"We want to get him the ball as many ways as we can, as often as we can" apparenly means only if its not the 4th quarter.

I must take this opportunity to apologize. "Bernard I was wrong and I'm sorry" I wanted your pick in the draft to be some help in the secondary or a receiver. When I watched hightlights of you, I did not think you would out-play our current backups. I even went as far to post about it. I was wrong. I don't know when i'm going to learn, just shut up and trust the front office when it comes to the draft.

Flacco, Leach, Pierce and Rice all operate out of the backfield and are there to compliment each other. Please, don't forget!

i had my doubts about pierce as well but he has come along nicely and will get better im sure. i still wish we would give leach more carries with his size on short yardage with ngata leading the way

Fact is this, Flacco should not be throwing the ball more then 30 times a game, He is at his best when we are running the ball and then let Joe play off of our run game, work some stuff in out ofthe gun, which Joe is clearly more comfortable in, Joe Struggles in 5-7 step drop backs, but we continue to run the same piss poor plays that has failed us the past 3 years. Cam my high school football team had more creativity on Offense then you do.

I think he is the perfect fit for the ravens .when rice isn't as effective he seems to have some success so it has worked very well for us . Leach Rice and Pierce are a nice matched set . hopefuly we can get the run game clicking this weekend in Laurel.

We don't mix up the run plays enough to confuse defenses! We don't use the swing pass (an extended handoff) at all! We are not creative in our run blocking, rarely if ever using trap blocks so it's small wonder that the Ray Rice-Bernard Pierce combo gets the yardage it does!

Our run scheme, even with a league-leading back in Rice, is treated like a cross-eyed step-child!

[quote name='ravens2thebowl' timestamp='1354636600' post='1246305']
"We want to get him the ball as many ways as we can, as often as we can" apparenly means only if its not the 4th quarter.
[/quote]

And I would add that this is the kind of crap we must endure when Harbs has to explain why one of the best all purpose backs and his very bruising backup are shelved in favor of low percentage deep passes!

I love his running style, definately adds the power that Rice lacks due to his size but adds a little agility and balance as well. This guy I think could have contributed a lot more in the Steelers game if not for Cam wanting to hit the air.

I'm still waiting on him to answer the question, "Why on gods green earth would you keep passing the ball and especially on 3rd & 5 with lead 20-13, knowing that your defense isn't what it use to be." I'm tired of people blaming the defense, from the start of the season till now, we all know this defense isn't what it use to be. For years the defense has carried that offense, now it's time for the offense to return the favor

[quote name='jravens13' timestamp='1354638617' post='1246350']
Run them both more!!!!
[/quote]

Exactly. There is nothing else to say but to just do it. They both had good success against the Steelers #1 defense and we still under utilized.

Its a shame that Rice runs the same play after play, when will this change

"We want Bernard to be a complement to Ray" a very good complement," Head Coach John Harbaugh said. "They have different running styles. [u][b]We think that helps us.[/b][/u]"

^ He can help us!

Pierce is fierce up the middle in between those tackles and he can bounce it to the outside. he's a hard, aggressive and violent runner. Rice is a beast in the open field. we need to incorporate more sweeps, tosses and pitches to use Rice's speed in open space, allowing him to use his elusiveness to make defenders miss and then pound the rock up the gut with Pierce. now...will Cam do that? hmm..perhaps we already know the answer to that one.

~Mili

BALTIMORE RAVENS

Baltimore clinches AFC North division with:

1) BAL win PIT loss CIN loss

Baltimore clinches a playoff spot with:

1) BAL win PIT loss or tie OR

2) BAL win CIN loss or tie OR

3) BAL tie PIT loss CIN loss

Pierce is a very good fit for this team, and is a great complement to Ray. I think Pierce deserves a lot more carries than he has gotten this year, along with Ray. We need to run the ball more, a lot more than what we did sunday. Its about that time to get little ray going. If we let him and Pierce pound the ball, then that low percentage deep ball that we have been trying with a high failure rate will become a little easier. Flacco feeds off the run with play action, if we aren't running the ball, then flacco will not play well, that simple.

We need to go back to our three headed monster attack like what we had with Rice, McGahee, and Mclain. Pierce and Leach fit nicely and could help dominate defenses with three different run styles.

I think Pierce is awsome and could jump right in the Ray's spot if needed.

They need to give B.P way, way more carries. If that means Rice not getting as many Carries than so be it. B.P has already proved to be just as good if not better at running the ball.

Personally, i think he is more dangerous than RICE running it, Not check downs. No one can do it better than RICE. Aside from this passed Steelers game, RICE hasn't done jack in running it. Lets be real about it.

[quote name='J.O.14' timestamp='1354639846' post='1246404']
Pierce is a very good fit for this team, and is a great complement to Ray. I think Pierce deserves a lot more carries than he has gotten this year, along with Ray. [b]We need to run the ball more, a lot more than what we did sunday[/b]. Its about that time to get little ray going. If we let him and Pierce pound the ball, then that low percentage deep ball that we have been trying with a high failure rate will become a little easier. Flacco feeds off the run with play action, if we aren't running the ball, then flacco will not play well, that simple.
[/quote]

Gotta disagree with you on that, aside from this Past game, RICE has been lucky to get back to the line of Scrimmage. Im personally sick of seeing RUN, RUN, 3RD and long pass. I will say B.P. needs to get more carries and if that means RICE not getting as many than so be it. Kinda sick of seeing Rice trying to run it up the middle and running into his own team mate or Going down because his Shoe lace was touched.

We need to throw it more, We had no problem moving the chains with Dink, dunk passes. We don't need to Throw deep balls every single time we actually do throw it.

Thats pretty much our Playbook, What 6 plays,lol. We either try and throw the deep ball , quick screen to a WR or a quick screen to the RB.

T.Smith has turned into a YAC player, lets take advantage of it. More quick slant passes.

Pierce needs to get the ball more he runs hard and always gets good chunks of yards but then again there is only one ball to go around