Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 12/4: Report: Terrell Suggs Has Torn Biceps, Says 'Don't Panic!'

88 posts in this topic

Report: Suggs Has Torn Biceps, Says ‘Don’t Panic!’ Outside linebacker Terrell Suggs has a torn biceps muscle, according to multiple reports. He suffered the reported tear late in the fourth quart...

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-124-Report-Terrell-Suggs-Has-Torn-Biceps-Says-Dont-Panic/fbdeb186-bfdf-4e07-8866-4b2dc351cc4c]View the full article[/url]

i don't know about all the other quarterbacks, but i know for a fact that Peyton is going to pick our defense apart. He always does it even with all of our starters in. Hopefully we can beat the other teams though...

lets please beat the skins! for those of us who live near Baltimore, we all know we want to silence these skins fans!

we just cant catch a break, can we? si55le hurt again, cam still being the biggest fool this team has ever had, etc...if this team doesnt pull a 180 real quick, we prolly wont get much further. i still believe we can bounce back though!

"ESPN%u2019s Merril Hoge and Ron Jaworski discuss Reed%u2019s comments, acknowledging he has a right to his opinion, but also reminded players the league has never said they can%u2019t hit opponents as hard as they want as long as they don%u2019t launch and hit a specific target area."

The problem is that when players are going out and hitting players "as hard as they want"..players are getting fined and that's the problem!! Reed is leading and hitting people with his shoulder and still getting fined. The same with Pollard. And though I am partial to the Ravens, this is a problem throughout the league. There is a lot of backtracking and double talk going on and it's not right.

[quote name='bmorefan444' timestamp='1354632333' post='1246225']
lets please beat the skins! for those of us who live near Baltimore, we all know we want to silence these skins fans!
[/quote]I'm right with you. I am surrounded by redskins fans (including my husband). we need to beat them and i don't care if its by one point. watching rg3 run around untouched last night we have a big job coming up . Go ravens.

Good job Sarah.

Fair question... we cant win against Batch, lets see what what the Manning Bros do to us.

"The Ravens lost to a third-string quarterback Sunday %u2013 and in their house, too %u2013 in a performance that probably made at least a few of their frustrated defenders want to cry," wrote Vensel.

I'm probably grasping at straws but remember when the Ravens lost to the Eagles, who were more lucky than good at that point, only to beat Brady the next week? Not comparing Batch to Vick, or RG3 to Brady but just something to keep in mind.

It was so disgusting to see raggedy Marilyn Hoge talking his homer crap. I wanted to punch his smug face through the screen. Anyone notice how hurt he was after that first lost. He's a bum! Grrrrrrrr

While we do need to perform better all around, like the players have been saying "This loss doesn't define us."

I didn't see the game, but what the stats are suggesting to me is that we played the #1 D in the league and we gave Batch more chances to make plays than he should've gotten. And yeah he may have beaten us, but we also beat Tom Brady, who is the best in the game, earlier in the season. So I wouldn't put money on Peyton beating us in our house, Eli with his inconsistency, Andy Dalton who we already have beaten thrice, or RG3 who is good but has a bad D behind him.

It is no coincidence that since Suggs came back in the Houston game our defense has MUCH improved. And that after Suggs went out in the 4th Q sunday Batch was able to stage a comeback. No Suggs= No Defense

[quote name='WeCanDoAllThings52' timestamp='1354633713' post='1246247']
While we do need to perform better all around, like the players have been saying "This loss doesn't define us."

I didn't see the game, but what the stats are suggesting to me is that we played the #1 D in the league and we gave Batch more chances to make plays than he should've gotten. And yeah he may have beaten us, but we also beat Tom Brady, who is the best in the game, earlier in the season. So I wouldn't put money on Peyton beating us in our house, Eli with his inconsistency, Andy Dalton who we already have beaten thrice, or RG3 who is good but has a bad D behind him.
[/quote] I was typing the exact same thing thanks for saving me the trouble.

And I am not done yet:

"%u2022Ed Reed developed a cough while Bernard Pollard was discussing whether Batch%u2019s comeback was surprising. Disrespectful?" Whoever wrote this mess.....get a life!

As for Batch "beating us"...No I refuse to acknowledge and accept that! The Ravens flat out beat themselves. A third stringer doesn't beat the team. The Ravens lost focus and failed to execute basics. That's what happened.

[quote name='Zeus' timestamp='1354633136' post='1246235']
Good job Sarah.

Fair question... [b]we cant win against Batch, lets see what what the Manning Bros do to us[/b].
[/quote]
It probably is time to hit the panic button, however I prefer to drink - as you already know my brother :)

i think at this point the seasons going to get worse before it gets better. one thing we will know by years end: whether Joe is a top 5 money QB. we arent going to be winning these games 17-13 or anything so its pretty much definitely on the offense.

the next 2 games are critical. bouncing back after a loss to beat the skins would be huge and beating the broncos would give us the tiebreaker edge over both the patriots and broncos. tough road ahead and i will keep saying this but its time for the offense to wake up from cam to every player on offense. o-line needs to open running lanes for rice and protect flacco. flacco needs to hit his open receivers and the receivers need to get separation and catch the ball. too many 3 and outs and short drives which doesnt help the depleted defense. we will find out soon enough how badly they want this

Ed Reed was coughing that's hilarious covering a manure chant I bet . the ravens beat the ravens sunday. Moving on from that this injury to sizzle does not bode well for us esp if he goes to Ir . Usually you get a second opinion when the first dosn't say what you want it to say.If we pull from the practice squad my pick is hamilton not kindle .

RGIII will make his plays. The Ravens have to control the ball and the clock. If they do that with Pierce and Rice, they win. oh and P.S. Cam, throw in some SHORT passes to steadily move the ball!

With his second major injury in 1 year, I'm starting to question if Suggs is using some illegal erogenic aids. Anabolic steriods have been known to dry out the tendons and make them weak. The achilles and the biceps are both extremely strong anatomical structures that need a LOT of force to tear. They are not typical injuries of someone who is healthy and active.

If the road was easy, it would not be Raven football. I think the loss was nescessary. We needed to loose at home to wake some people up, fans included. The bradcasters on TV were even shocked how the crowd was not typical Ravens vs Steelers excited. There were reports all week at how the intensity for the game was not the same. We thought we could chalk this up, Oh we cant loose at home, Oh Batch is washed up. Well this is the NFL and they are still professionals on the other side of the ball. This lesson is better learned now then in January. I dont give a darn who we play the next four weeks and what bumb they have at QB. If we play Raven football, no one can beat us. And if you dont believe that, dont ride our jock in February when we lift the trophy.

if the o-line is not opening holes for rice than i can understand why cam gets away from the running game. i think rice only has only 2 100 yd rushing games this season which proves how inconsistent the play has been with the o-line. andy moeller needs to wake up and act like his job is on the line which it should be and kick that lines you know what. we need to run down teams throats at this point of the season.

If Harbaugh does not get rid of Cameron at the end of the year, Bisciotti needs to step in and and do it for him.

How do you not give the best player on the freaking team the opportunity to help you win games is beyond me.

Cam must go !!!

bmorefan444
Posted
38 minutes ago
With his second major injury in 1 year, I'm starting to question if Suggs is using some illegal erogenic aids. Anabolic steriods have been known to dry out the tendons and make them weak. The achilles and the biceps are both extremely strong anatomical structures that need a LOT of force to tear. They are not typical injuries of someone who is healthy and active.-- LMAO- Are you serious??

@BmoreB ... Bisciotti should do one better. If Harbaugh does not get rid of Cameron at the end of the year, Bisciotti should get rid both, Cam and Harbs. Because if Harbs won't get rid of Cam, it will show one of two things.
Either Harbaugh is not capable of analyzing the situation rationally.
Or, he doesn't have the guts to do it and in this case he doesn't fit this team.

I hope this loss wakes the whole team up. Nothing is guaranteed. Nothings in the bank. Play like your year, career, etc depends on it. No let up till the clocks at 0:00.

Cam has got to go. Too many weapons in the arsenal just sitting there; not enough offense being generated at all. Bring in a Charlie Weis-kind of offense guru and get these guys on the same page. This is ridiculous. I'm not asking for Tom Brady-air shows; I just want solid, dependable, consistent offence - none of which we've seen so far this season.

@dwhravens - "Cam, throw in some SHORT passes to steadily move the ball!"

I agree. But I don't think Cam would know what a short pass is if it hit him off-side his head from 5 yards away.

it is absolutely essential that the ravens control the clock against the redskins. long drives keep our defense fresh and rg3 off the field. i expect/pray for a steady dose of rice and pierce to keep the clock moving.

skins pistol offense looked tough last night. this is one of those games i really wish we had 52 out there to help diagnose the plays

For one day can we please not post cam needs to be fired on every single thread . he is not going to be fired mid season . until we have a record like the chiefs he is staying . everyone complains that he does the same thing over and over with the same results the definition of insanity . calling for cam to be fired for two solid years and it not having any effect and posting it on every single thread regardless of topic is the same thing. and for the record we lost badly it does not mean we are finished for the year . why not play the games and see what happens .

Can u imagine Kruger taking on RG3? Pollard maybe. McClain? Upshaw possibly but it comes down to reads. This is where Ray L. would be super valuable. I want to see how Flacco does in this game against a rookie with all the credentials. This is gonna be interesting. A win will set his ship right and I know they can do it.

LOL... You're STARTING to wonder if these guys are taking steroids??? Really, just starting huh? LOL, if you can't look at these guys and these crazy injuries that they get and figure out that steroid use is just a part of the NFL, you'll never get it. Because 20-something year olds always tear: Biceps, triceps, pectoral, hamstrings, quads, achillies tendons, groins, abdominal muscles... Yeah NFL football players are out here tearing muscles clean off the bone/tendon and that's just natural. It's not the fact that they're cycling Anabol-50, Test-50 and Dianbol 1-3 times in the off-season and the muscles get bigger than the tendons and those tendons pop from time to time. No 22 year olds tear achillies and ab muscles just from working hard. No growth hormones either, it's totally normal to heal from an achillies tear or torn triceps in half or 1/3 of the time. Also normal to tear your knee up to the point it's flapping in the wind and run like you've never been hurt in 8 months... Come on y'all use your spidey senses, you know what time it is.

I don't understand why the Ravens don't use Boldin in the slot and have Jacoby and Torrey on the outside? Boldin will absolutely destroy any defense over the middle, particurlarly the Redskins. Why aren't they looking for mismatches? Linebackers would have a hard time covering Boldin.

[quote name='ReginaldColeman1' timestamp='1354638158' post='1246335']
Can u imagine Kruger taking on RG3? Pollard maybe. McClain? Upshaw possibly but it comes down to reads. This is where Ray L. would be super valuable. I want to see how Flacco does in this game against a rookie with all the credentials. This is gonna be interesting. A win will set his ship right and I know they can do it.
[/quote] rg3 is going to be a nightmare he made the giants d look lame last night . pierre paul couldn't keep up .he is fast dynamic in the pocket and he can make you miss and all the mis- direction plays . i'm not sure who would be able to stop him but we need to find a way . saving grace is that our secondary is better then the giants in my opinion.

Runamuk, we will all continue to blast Cam because he IS the problem with the Offense's inconsistency and lack of creativity!

We either need to give the clipboard to Jim Caldwell or some young blood with imagination! Cam is too old and set in his ways to change. Harbs will not missed his window of opportunity during the Bye!

Dumping Cam need not require dumping the playbook, he has no copyright on it! The adjustment would be easier than watching the Mannings and RGIII torch us with the very short passes that Cam abhors!

Steve Bisciotti must step in and force the coaching changes needed and if Harbs becomes a casualty of that then Harbs can thank Cam!

And they could fire Cam in the middle of the season. He's not the only person on that staff capable of making a gameplan. If he is, that's on Harbaugh and Ozzie, but I'm sure Jim Caldwell could come up with a plan... he was only on a staff that won a super bowl. From there you're talking about play calling and I think it's safe to say a 13 year old playing Madden could probably do better. To me they need to get that No-huddle right, because it seems that Cam's playcalling doesn't really give many options if any. It's like he's dictating 'THROW IT THERE', problem is coaches like LeBeau and Wade Philips know his simple system. Another person who needs to go is Jah Reid. He is AWFUL, I don't know if I've ever seen someone that big on the ground that much. Ramon Harewood played MUCH better. And where is McKinney??? He should be at LT, Oher at RT and KO at LG anyway. Harbaugh and his doghouse strike again...

I love how people can actually fester the nerve to defend Cam like coaches aren't stubborn and rock-headed. The Eagles could be a WAY BETTER TEAM but Andy Reid REFUSED to run the ball. Turns out he had TWO NICE running backs...could have run the ball and had the bootleg/playaction game like the Texans. But he wants to sling it 60 times a game. Coaches can be idiots, and it seem like Harbaugh doesn't have the stones to make him do what he wants. We aren't winning a Super Bowl this year people, like get that through your heads. Or at least we better get a lot better on all sides of the ball. The Ravens we've seen so far aren't good enough. No way near good enough to bring that trophy home. #FACT#

[quote name='BigC_DaGuru' timestamp='1354638616' post='1246349']
And they could fire Cam in the middle of the season. He's not the only person on that staff capable of making a gameplan. If he is, that's on Harbaugh and Ozzie, but I'm sure Jim Caldwell could come up with a plan... he was only on a staff that won a super bowl. From there you're talking about play calling and I think it's safe to say a 13 year old playing Madden could probably do better. To me they need to get that No-huddle right, because it seems that Cam's playcalling doesn't really give many options if any. It's like he's dictating 'THROW IT THERE', problem is coaches like LeBeau and Wade Philips know his simple system. Another person who needs to go is Jah Reid. He is AWFUL, I don't know if I've ever seen someone that big on the ground that much. Ramon Harewood played MUCH better. And where is McKinney??? He should be at LT, Oher at RT and KO at LG anyway. Harbaugh and his doghouse strike again...
[/quote] Name one team in the history of the nfl that fired an offensive coordinator in the middle of a playoff run and a winning season ?

Win and all this talk will go away...The Redskins only have a rook QB and some momentum on their side...we have a better team who just isn't playing like one. This is as close to a home gam as we will get on the road. Make it happen.

[quote name='Mystigo_Dragon' timestamp='1354638509' post='1246346']
Runamuk, we will all continue to blast Cam because he IS the problem with the Offense's inconsistency and lack of creativity!

We either need to give the clipboard to Jim Caldwell or some young blood with imagination! Cam is too old and set in his ways to change. Harbs will not missed his window of opportunity during the Bye!

Dumping Cam need not require dumping the playbook, he has no copyright on it! The adjustment would be easier than watching the Mannings and RGIII torch us with the very short passes that Cam abhors!

Steve Bisciotti must step in and force the coaching changes needed and if Harbs becomes a casualty of that then Harbs can thank Cam!
[/quote] well I'm glad you decide to stick with that since it is working so well the coaches could care less what the fans think . the ravens are not going to fire cam if they were they would have done it . but good luck with that

ESPN Playoff standings are incorrect. Head-to-Head is the first way to break a tie in the playoff standings. We beat New England. We play Denver in two weeks and have the opportunity to own the tiebreaker over them too. The main thing is that we must keep pace with Denver and New England if we want that 1st Round Bye.

[quote name='runamuk' timestamp='1354639097' post='1246369']
well I'm glad you decide to stick with that since it is working so well the coaches could care less what the fans think . the ravens are not going to fire cam if they were they would have done it . but good luck with that
[/quote]

There's an old adage: "The squeaky wheel gets the oil"! At some point the message will get through to Steve and Ozzie! Like our way better that your's!

Oh Ravens Fans!!! I am one I know. Loosing sucks yes, But were still 9-3: like Boldin said " WE will win the division and a first round bye" Lets move on.
Now Pernell Mcphee is back,Arthur Jones is gonna how up again, Dannelle needs to play next week. Next man Up!!! thats Ravens Football.

The redskins are good yes, RGIII amazing. yes, But they dont understand how the ravens slug it out just yet. Ravens are a fighting team. A heavy weight!!!! That being said, The SKins, Giants, Broncos are all top class middle weight fighters. WE r heavy weight, which means as long as we dont gas out, while the top class middle class fighters are hopping around we will win the fight.

Ball So Hard University Still In session. #speedyrecovery

Man tough year in the injury department Suggs first then Ray Lewis, Webb now Suggs again not to mention other injuries tough year but this team has a huge heart they can overcome this Go Ravens.

I love Sizzle's guts, but he's got to be careful. He probably injured his biceps overcompensating for loss of explosion from his achilles injury. Even if he were cleared to play from the perspective of his biceps, he might open himself up to additional injuries by playing with both injuries not 100%. There's always urgency to get back on the field, but cool heads need to prevail. Trust your docs and trainers and let's hope for the best.

[quote name='jravens13' timestamp='1354639224' post='1246374']
ESPN Playoff standings are incorrect. Head-to-Head is the first way to break a tie in the playoff standings. We beat New England. We play Denver in two weeks and have the opportunity to own the tiebreaker over them too. The main thing is that we must keep pace with Denver and New England if we want that 1st Round Bye.
[/quote] there's a three way tie so conference record wins out Ravens, broncos, and patriots are tied