Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gashman

Who exactly are these 2012 Ravens?

89 posts in this topic

Man, where do you start?

9-3 with issues

I want to see a plan on Offense and Defense

Why are we still seeing the same problems on Offense after week 11?

On Defense, it looked like we had a plan, things got figured out, then we abandoned the pass rush, put extra guys in coverage, but they didnt cover anybody

Then we get a 2 score lead on a 3rd string Qb, and he beats us. I JUST DONT GET IT HOW OUR Head Coach can sit idly by and not force adjustments. I mean, why even be on the sidelines if you cant help your team while you watch it go south week after week.

We have always had an identity each year. This year, I really dont know what it is.

they are who they are....and it is what it is! we keep going over the same old discussions over and over and over again. smh!

:deadhorse:

~Mili

The air Coryell does not fit the ravens offense.

First, we need two fast receivers that can adjust to deep throws.we only have one and Torrey still can't do it consistently. Boldin is too slow , and jacoby is underutilized.maybe he should share return duties with Thompson.

Second, we underutilize the middle of the field. We need to go to Pitta to avoid attention on boldin(cams fault). Cam loves sideline throws. Limiting his own offense.

Bottom line: our offense personnel is not perfect for air Coryell. Cam needs to adjust. Why won't he.this is partly why we lost to New England and could not finish Pittsburgh. Teams can just bracket Torrey and force joe to throw to a surrounded boldin or hold and get stripped. We need more creative plays and formations.Or a change in OC.

But, in the end the ravens win next week and cam is off the hook. It is an endless cycle folks.

We're 9-3.

But the way I would describe this team would be a injured, inconsistent, mysterious and bipolar contender who is being held back from sir Cameron.

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1354595516' post='1245943']
OP, we're 9-3...unless yesterday game didnt happen ;)
[/quote]

He probably just wishes it didn't happen, as do the rest of us. haha

Were 9-3 even with all the difficulties.

What other team has a 9-3 record that has done with all the losses we went through?

It shows we are tough and that we got tenacity to get things done. It shows we are not losers, that we're more than 1 man in Ravens uniform.

We'll get through this thick and thin. Thats just how Ravens roll!

Its crazy, though:

NE game was a "controversial" FG away from being something different.
KC game we needed 4 gifts or the outcome was something different.
Dallas game was a missed FG away from being something different.
Pitt game 1 was a starting QB away from being something different.
San Diego game was a 4th and 29 away from being something different.

I tend to be pretty positive, but damn, we are nearly 4-8!

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1354597243' post='1245973']
Its crazy, though:

I tend to be pretty positive, but damn, we are nearly 4-8!
[/quote]
It happens to alot of team in the NFL though; we are not the exception. The Steelers were very lucky last year too so I'll take any win as a win; however, we are in deep trouble as offensively cuz it seems to me we'll go as far as our offense can take us. We are no longer to count on our defense to win games.

PS: Only score to keep us alive in the playoff and the postseason games and hopefully our defense will come alive when it counts the most.

[quote name='AsianRice' timestamp='1354597757' post='1245978']

It happens to alot of team in the NFL though; we are not the exception. The Steelers were very lucky last year too so I'll take any win as a win; however, we are in deep trouble as offensively cuz it seems to me we'll go as far as our offense can take us. We are no longer to count on our defense to win games.

PS: Only score to keep us alive in the playoff and the postseason games and hopefully our defense will come alive when it counts the most.
[/quote]

Of course it can happen to any team, but this has been a very ugly 9-3 team.

I have faith, but its being tested right now, that's for sure!

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1354598187' post='1245990']
Of course it can happen to any team, but this has been a very ugly 9-3 team.

[/quote]
Well, I hope you have enough nails to bite until the end of the season.......

Identities are overrated.

Bottom line: do you win games? Do you find a way to win, even when you shouldn't? When a team does that, that's all that really matters. Looking good while winning just happens to be icing on the cake.

And let's face it: none of us will complain about this team winning ugly IF they walk away Super Bowl Champions -- big IF.

Frauds

Because of a terrible coaching staff like I've been saying for years! But it's OK guys! We're 9-3!!!!

A team that is being held back by two coordinators who are stuck in their ways and refuse to adapt.

I have seen this happen in other sports, where a coach will go to a new team and bring his gameplans and strategies with him, and just seems unwilling to adapt, and believes if you keep trying to pound square pegs into round holes they will eventually fit.

This Ravens team has a ton of talent, their record speaks to that. We have some coordinators who just aren't utilizing the players to the best of their abilities however, which is why the team hasn't come even close to realizing their full potential. Harbaugh needs to smarten up really soon, and find some coaches who are willing to work with the tools our players have, otherwise it might cost him his job as well, which would be really unfortunate.

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1354597243' post='1245973']
Its crazy, though:

I tend to be pretty positive, [u][b]but damn, we are nearly 4-8![/b][/u]
[/quote]
[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1354598187' post='1245990']
Of course it can happen to any team, but [u][b]t[b]hi[/b]s has been a very ugly 9-3 team[/b][/u].

[/quote]

my sentiments exactly!

~Mili

We are a self-feeding problem. We are 9-3 so no change will happen. We win enough games and go to the playoffs so no changes will be made. When we lose the problems are "fixable" and we limp along until the next loss and address the same "fixable" problems again. Yes, health has played a huge part in our struggles. The playcalling has undeniably been the other part. If it was a pie chart it would be 80/20.

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1354637013' post='1246314']
my sentiments exactly!

~Mili
[/quote]

but this does´t work.
we are 9-3 for a reason.
it wash´t all about being lucky.

we took ourselves in the positions to win those games.

if we were 4-8, would it make you feel any better that we are that close to be 9-3? No. so it should´t make you feel worse that we are 9-3 right now and could be 4-8.

the positive thing is that we played not the best football we are able to play and still stand 9-3.

will we be in the SB this year? probably not. why? because i don´t think that we can beat the texans in their home stadium in the AFC title game.

so if you are realistic with your thoughts your day might be better :-)

[quote name='Dfence4champs2052' timestamp='1354638667' post='1246351']
We are a self-feeding problem. We are 9-3 so no change will happen. We win enough games and go to the playoffs so no changes will be made. When we lose the problems are "fixable" and we limp along until the next loss and address the same "fixable" problems again. Yes, health has played a huge part in our struggles. The playcalling has undeniably been the other part. If it was a pie chart it would be 80/20.
[/quote]
i don´t think that we have any other problem than execution.

we are just not productive enough. we let way too many chances slip through our hands...

[quote name='Radinho84' timestamp='1354638789' post='1246355']
i don´t think that we have any other problem than execution.

we are just not productive enough. we let way too many chances slip through our hands...
[/quote]

So Ray Rice not getting the ball isn't a problem? Throwing long bombs on 3 and 1 isn't a problem? Playing 15 yards off receivers and BATCH throwing quick passes all the way down the field isn't a problem? We have execution problems no doubt, but we have playcalling issues to say the least.

[quote name='Dfence4champs2052' timestamp='1354638886' post='1246360']
So Ray Rice not getting the ball isn't a problem? Throwing long bombs on 3 and 1 isn't a problem? Playing 15 yards off receivers and BATCH throwing quick passes all the way down the field isn't a problem? We have execution problems no doubt, but we have playcalling issues to say the least.
[/quote]
i don´t want to say that we have great play calling. it is far from great.
but when you have a wide open receiver on 2nd and 10 and the QB overthrows him, you are in trouble to reach a first down.

if your QB has all the time in the world to throw a pass and your receivers just cannot get open - why is that the coaches fault?

[quote name='Radinho84' timestamp='1354639129' post='1246371']
i don´t want to say that we have great play calling. it is far from great.
but when you have a wide open receiver on 2nd and 10 and the QB overthrows him, you are in trouble to reach a first down.

if your QB has all the time in the world to throw a pass and your receivers just cannot get open - why is that the coaches fault?
[/quote]

Because the coach, after 11 weeks, doesn't recognize that his players aren't getting open -- yet he still calls those same exact plays. Why not call bubble screens, RB screens, slants, have Joe do shuttle passes? There are tons of options to make adjustments too. Don't get me wrong the players have fault in this as well. Certainly.

[quote name='Dfence4champs2052' timestamp='1354639499' post='1246388']
Because the coach, after 11 weeks, doesn't recognize that his players aren't getting open -- yet he still calls those same exact plays. Why not call bubble screens, RB screens, slants, have Joe do shuttle passes? There are tons of options to make adjustments too. Don't get me wrong the players have fault in this as well. Certainly.
[/quote]
well, i think i can agree on the missing adjustments by our coaching staff. they should know their personal better.
they should know what we are able to do and what they wish we could do...

[quote name='Radinho84' timestamp='1354639716' post='1246398']
well, i think i can agree on the missing adjustments by our coaching staff. they should know their personal better.
they should know what we are able to do and what they wish we could do...
[/quote]

It's just frustrating to have all these weapons (Doss, Jacoby, etc.) and they barely see the field. We could be doing so many other formations to at least cause mismatches even if we are going to run. That deception will be apparent on Sunday when we face the Redskins. After watching their game last night....it was a nightmare lol.

[quote name='Radinho84' timestamp='1354638678' post='1246352']
but this does´t work.
we are 9-3 for a reason.
it wash´t all about being lucky.

we took ourselves in the positions to win those games.

if we were 4-8, would it make you feel any better that we are that close to be 9-3? No. so it should´t make you feel worse that we are 9-3 right now and could be 4-8.

the positive thing is that we played not the best football we are able to play and still stand 9-3.

will we be in the SB this year? probably not. why? because i don´t think that we can beat the texans in their home stadium in the AFC title game.

[u][b]so if you are realistic with your thoughts your day might be better :-)[/b][/u]
[/quote]

the fact that you quoted my three word post stating...."my sentiments exactly"...which was actually a brief agreement with 2 other well thought out and written posts from another poster (which you failed to quote and address) CLEARLY reveals that you are not realistic in your thoughts and that your day is flat out horrible! keep it moving brah! lol!

~Mili