Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

glocklaw

Seven Nation Army Chant

18 posts in this topic

What is up with the Seven Nation Army Chant this year. It does not seem to be as intense as last year, or as much. Even the media crew just starts the audio and plays a small section....not a long intro like last year. They need to help feed the crowd.

We're the 12th men. It's our obligation. We need to get into it.
I wish I could go. Went to a couple games last year and got the section fired up.

I can tell you half of us were in the media will call with a terrible batch of counterfeit tickets. There were TONS of people.

[quote name='Moderator 2' timestamp='1354591259' post='1245857']
I can tell you I have no voice and either does my husband, I am never quiet,
[/quote]
You did your part.
I was at the Texans playoff game last year, and I had to stay real quite at work the next day. lol

the problem is is that it's played too much. last year vs pittsburgh they played it ONCE and at least 95% of the stadium was into it, and it fired the defense up and it was a freaking RELIGOUS experience to be there. recently the sound guys play it like 10 times a game and no one really gets into it everytime.

I am borderline obnoxious--my grandson hears 7 Nation Army on TV while football is on and points and says 'Mom mom" lol I have taught him that and Defense before he could talk, hes only 2

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1354591015' post='1245846']
I'm not sure who was at that game. Maybe a bunch of yuppies sipping on tea rather than beers.
[/quote]

I saw far too many Steelers jerseys and Terrible Towels at that game. I was disappointed in those fans who sold those seats to Steelers fans without making every conscious effort to sell to fellow Ravens fans.

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1354591015' post='1245846']
I'm not sure who was at that game. Maybe a bunch of yuppies sipping on tea rather than beers.
[/quote]
[img]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x337/codyallanb14/0D107363-D0C6-4F26-A6DF-0BB8B2ECFCD0-7679-00000A015B2F79B4.jpg[/img]

Happy Happy Happy

[quote name='Latch' timestamp='1354591379' post='1245864']
the problem is is that it's played too much. last year vs pittsburgh they played it ONCE and at least 95% of the stadium was into it, and it fired the defense up and it was a freaking RELIGOUS experience to be there. recently the sound guys play it like 10 times a game and no one really gets into it everytime.
[/quote]

Agreed. I went to two games last year and I truly believe we struck fear in the hearts of the opposing team with how hype we got! It was like an anticipation for it and when they played it we went nuts! Now, its being abused. Wish there was some way to tell them they are screwing the pooch lol.

This year they have not been playing the song. Maybe the Ravens did not renew thier rights to it. There is a brief intro but the crowd does not maintain it. Compared to last year, the crowd has seemed a little flat this year. Last year I remember the noise being deafening during the Steelers game, and I sit in the upper level. This year, not as loud. I guess we are too dependent on the media to keep us going. The only time I heard a loud sustained chant this year was the "manure" chant in the game against NE.

Agreed. Sunday was an embarrassment. It sounded like a bunch of bandwagoning jack-wagons bought tickets just so they could say they were there.

Actual Ravens fans aren't blameless either. You're not there to yak it up with your clique about how bad Cam Cameron is. You're not there to quiet down when things aren't looking good on defense. Your'e there to lose your voice and go crazy because that's what real fans do. For 4 hours on Sunday, you keep your criticisms and concerns to yourself.

And for God's sakes, just be a fan!

This topic shouldn't even exist!