154 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,375 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

The Pro Bowl running back didn’t get the ball in the fourth quarter.

View the full article

#2 edreedfor6

edreedfor6

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

u can tell how much harbaugh wants to defend cam

#3 jive_1000

jive_1000

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Is Harbaugh tripping? The only reason the Ravens lost that game yesterday was the lack of Rice's use. Talk about double talk. I'm losing all respect for the constant inability to finish both games and seasons under Harb.

#4 BlazinRaven52

BlazinRaven52

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

Give me a break harbs, cam has been this organizations downfall for how long now. I understand the family bond here but we're heading in the same direction as the last couple years where were good enough to make playoffs but we still cant get over the hump. Rice is one of the best running backs in this league for a reason. Just Feed Rice the ball.

#5 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

He's a loyal guy; perhaps too loyal.

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#6 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

There's a really simple equation for this Ray Rice gets around 20 touches, we win. Ray Rice gets less, we lose (or get lucky). That sack/strip of Joe wouldn't have occured if we had called a run play. I understand 2nd and 10 is generally a pass play, but when you have a premier back in Ray Rice, who is a threat to run for a td every play, you should use him or lose him.

#7 1 + 1 = 2

1 + 1 = 2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

that's not want I want to hear right now. No coach would rip their OC in front of media, I hope that behinds closed doors he is saying something completely different to cam. But then again we heard same thing after each other losses the last few years when ray doesn't get carries, so maybe harbs truly does believe it.

#8 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

harb will fire cam at seasons end. it makes no sense for him to be negative towards cam when we are in playoff contention. he is handling the situation the correct way and will terminate him at the right time.

#9 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Rice's carries aren't the problem. It's Rice's lack of carries at times. When he touches the ball, good things tend to happen.

#10 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

harb will fire cam at seasons end. it makes no sense for him to be negative towards cam when we are in playoff contention. he is handling the situation the correct way and will terminate him at the right time.

I actually really believe that he's genuinely attached to Cameron. I don't know why, but I could easily see him stick around as long as Harbaugh does.

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#11 slowboater

slowboater

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

What do you expect the company man to say? The Ravens' organization is having a hard time explaining themselves sometimes.

#12 btfan2

btfan2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

Harbaugh is clueless as usual. If you had used him more before the 3rd quarter maybe we would have had control of the game, we wouldn't have been in must pass and Joe wouldn't get stripped. There is always a way to defend poor game planning.

If Harbaugh took as much time and energy coaching up his players and not so much telling silly tales to defend a poor coach, well maybe we would be 10-2.

Also that whole challange well it challanges any grasp of reality from JH. Come on John it's on the "BIG" screen, very obviously an incomplete pass.

Maybe no matter what we lose. Why do we keep going through this Rice stuff??

#13 baltimore1975

baltimore1975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

If that wasn't a factor then what was the factor? That's the only thing I can think of today is Ray Rice - Zero carries in the 4th quarter. Same old statements after loses when Ray doesn't get the ball enough. You paid the man now play the man!

#14 steelraven

steelraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

What is Harbaugh talking about? They were winning the game 20-13.. They need to stop trying to turn Flacco into something he's not and probably will never be. Play to your strength on the offensive side of the ball and keep Flacco from making bonehead plays and keep your defense off the field. Ray Rice is the Baltimore Ravens offense not Flacco. There was no reason on gods green earth they should've been passing the ball the way they did yesterday especially the way Rice & Pierce were running the ball.

Edited by steelraven, 03 December 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#15 Bruce_Almty

Bruce_Almty

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

The important "factor" is Harbaugh, Cameron, and Pees were out-coached AGAIN. No way we should have lost that game last night except for bad coaching//game planning.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 03 December 2012 - 06:43 PM.
Profanity

#16 baltimore1975

baltimore1975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

@steelraven - That play reminds me when they lost the last time to the Steelers at home. Passing when you should have been running. Actually after that game Tomlin admitted they blitz Troy because they new that with a lead that Baltimore would run the ball. Was surprised that they passed? At least you made the opponent guess wrong, but the decision you made was bone head!

#17 baltimore1975

baltimore1975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

One thing about Brian Billick...you knew he was going to give Jamal Lewis the ball until the cows came home!

#18 baltimore1975

baltimore1975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

Well the good thing about it is when is the last time we lost two games in a row? So we are still in control of the division. We are still going to make it to the playoffs. The skins will feel the wrath...

#19 reed20fence

reed20fence

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

Look I know why Harbs is so defensive of Cam and their strategic debacles when it comes to situational football. For the first three years everyone complained that Cam was too predictable and didn't open up the passing game with Joe. Last year it started being, if you have a beast in Rice, feed the beast. I think Harbs has just become resentful because of this "the fans will never be satisfied" type of mentality that makes him defend Cam.

If he wants to defend the "situational football" ethos, then let's talk situational football. It's the fourth quarter. You're up 20-13. Pinned deep in your own territory. Your RBs are averaging 6.5 yards a carry at this point, and you're playing the number 1 defense in the league. Which genius in their right mind, given that situation, would proceed to call 3 straight passing plays!?

C'mon John!

#20 TheBossSauceConnection

TheBossSauceConnection

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

not the factor? yes it was!

Edited by Grapple Raven, 04 December 2012 - 12:31 AM.
Profanity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users