Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Terrell Suggs' Arm Needs Further Evaluation

63 posts in this topic

It's unknown how much time he will miss, but Harbaugh said there is 'some encouragement.'

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Terrell-Suggs-Arm-Needs-Further-Evaluation/ceb959af-fb20-4180-ad22-14f7f7a1829a]View the full article[/url]

I was hoping the injury bug would leave us be now .This is unreal .

Keeping the fingers crossed it's nothing serious. Either way Sizzle get well !

all of these injuries. maaan! as Ray Lewis would say; "We are really going through it right now!" "There must be something great waiting for us!" i hope so Ray. i hope so!

Ball So Hard!

~Mili

I can't imagine he will be able to tackle anyone with an arm injury . I am optimistic about Jones and kruger. get well soon sizzle you will be missed hope it just needs rest .

I'm fairly upset with Sunday's loss. This was a must win situation for home advantage in the playoffs. I think this team will need it. A beleagered steelers team that was primed to lose managed to peck off this team due to sloppy play and questionable decision making all the way around. If I do watch the playoffs I expect the Ravens to be at anothre location. The upcoming schedule coupled with the sloppy play seem to make that certain.

I think the Ravens will really be feeling this one when we fly to Houston for the AFC championship in a couple weeks. Suggs prescence is needed with Ray out and we need to buckle down with Peyton and Eli coming after RG3.

By now, I guess the best we can hope for is #2 seed.

Red Skins
Giants
Broncos
Bengals

Cant get harder than that. With Broncos game being the key game to possibly dictate who is #2 seed with a bye.

[quote name='llwillow1231' timestamp='1354574768' post='1245422']
I was hoping the injury bug would leave us be now .This is unreal .
[/quote]I expected you to be finding a bright side to this your always upbeat . he will get better hopefully we get him back in a couple wees .

People may disagree... I think this team, from what has happened in recent nfl seasons, has the feel of an eventual super bowl winner. They have talent, have suffered the injury bug, and have had some head scratching losses. However, they know how to win close games and will benefit from that in the postseason. Guys, lets hope Suggs gets off with a stinger and lets buckle down. The postseason push is now starting.

[quote name='redravenfan' timestamp='1354580688' post='1245577']
I expected you to be finding a bright side to this your always upbeat . he will get better hopefully we get him back in a couple wees .
[/quote]well I am smart enough to know that back up players aren't starters for a reason . and eventually with 53 men on a roster your going to run out of quality players, and the playoffs are coming up fast . I hope he gets well soon .

what a horrible game plan again for the offense, I mean not to give it to Ray more is ridiculous..This offense is mediocre and will not take us through out the playoffs, that is reality. Get rid of Cam!

Part of the reason our run game was so successful against the no. 1 Steelers D is because of all the passing. This loss was due to ineffective defense, bad coaching decisions, and bad offensive play calling.

we need you suggs and ellerbe this week against rg3. hope you both can heal up in time

We got beat by Charlie Batch at the Bank...He missed Wallace wide open in the end zone, yet still played well enough to beat us. And how do we expect to beat the Manning brothers if we can't even get pressure on a backup? How Dean Pees does NOT blitz Batch all day is beyond belief...he had all day, and proves the point.....if you don't get pressure,,,,you will get beat. He outplayed Flacco, and that in itself is embarrassing. Oh, and Cam threw another pick, and he let them strip the ball again, as well as missing guys and making bad reads..Cam has got to play better and not turn the ball over.

We are going to be alright. Yeah it hurts, and it was against the hated steelers, but it is only one game. Trust me we are going to be fine.

[quote name='llwillow1231' timestamp='1354581223' post='1245587']
well I am smart enough to know that back up players aren't starters for a reason . and eventually with 53 men on a roster your going to run out of quality players, and the playoffs are coming up fast . I hope he gets well soon .
[/quote] the coaching staff has done a good job of bringing the best out in our young players and although suggs is a big loss i think we can cover . Kruger and jones are hot right now against rg3 i think they will shine and we can hang on til suggs is back . getting ellerbe back should be huge.

[quote name='runamuk' timestamp='1354585975' post='1245700']
the coaching staff has done a good job of bringing the best out in our young players and although suggs is a big loss i think we can cover . Kruger and jones are hot right now against rg3 i think they will shine and we can hang on til suggs is back . getting ellerbe back should be huge.
[/quote] despite the injuries etc I still say we win out and take care of business . 24 hours is up on to the next :)

Schefter just tweeted that its a biceps injury and its possibly torn.

In all honesty, at this point, it's not the worst thing to have him shut down and come back at full strength in 2013.

Its obvious his burst on the rush isn't nearly where it should be with shorter recovery time, and this just isn't a Championship caliber team.

Correction, it is a torn biceps, although nobody knows how long he will be out yet.

Other people have played through it before without missing any time.

I agree with mcjacket. This just isn't our year. We've been way more than lucky to this point in more than one of those games already played. But the reality is this team is in need of some updating including some coaching changes. Can you imagine what the offense could become with the talent on board if there was a decent offensive leader? From what I saw yesterday, Flacco agrees. His play was lackluster for the 3rd game in a row. How's that for demonstrating your frustration? Oh sure, I'd like to see the team go all the way but the reality makes that extremely difficult.

The fact Suggs has a chance to be out all year is horrible for our d. Our run d is what's gonna suffer the most and right now with the hits were taking there's a chance we might not win the division unless the offense gets better and doesn't throw a fade every other play

While Suggs has not personally been showing up on a lot of plays and has been far from dominant, the defense began to improve (especially in defending the run) after he returned. If he goes out again - there is no silver lining to it at all.

I was just thinking...could this mean a desperate last shot for Kindle? He is on our practice squad and how bad does he have to be to not get a shot at strictly rushing the passer. We got to get some backers from somewhere right?

Here is a tidbit for you all...we could of drafted Navarro bowman in the spot we picked Kindle....oh and Jimmy Grahm. That's all.

You gets Ngata.... I agree with you ozzie made a bad call trading away our 1st round pick.... We did get dickson pitta.... Nice pick-ups but we missed out on a 1st rounder talented Defender.

If t-sizzle goes down our defense is done. We lost our best corner and We are really banged up at corner. Ray lewis the heart of the defense gone. Ellerbee is so banged up he was playing wiht two broken thumbs. jimmy Smith our so called 1st round talent has "AB injuries" It's not an abdominal tear what did he do bruise his ABs? I am seriously questioning this coaching staff Ozzie has been drafting meh lately But is doing pretty good overall. Torrey Smith looks like he should've been the 1st round pick.

our defense gone have a lonngg day against RG3 on sunday i hate to say it, but Flacco and the offense has to be on their A-game this sunday

dammnn we play Redskinss at their home field this sunday, its going to be a long day for our defense.. Flacco and the offense has to play keep away in this game, to help out the defense, we cnt keep having quick 3's and out

These injuries are starting to get ridiculous. We are definitely paying a serious price for the the SB we are going to come home with this year.

we need to blow out the Redskins this sunday to scare of the BRONCOS who are lurking right behind us..we cant let teams know that we are a weak link and not for real, people are already started laughing at us being a joke.

i dont know the extent of Suggs injury but,if anyone is going to step up we need Upshaw def Arthur Jones and Kruger to start bringing it on the line and put in Cody in there,,also look for Graham to have some bigger Games ,and we might get ray back by week 15 which would be a emotional lift ,But lets not kid ourselves Joe cant do it so we will have to get that run Game going or Bubble screen teams ,play keep away yes ,but also run that clock,its the only way redskins and broncos win Games ,and the Giants didn't impress me all year then we have cincy which i feel wont be as easy this go around ,but that would be the Game Flacco would have to worry about and circle on his calender because there secondary is bad,i say we go 500 good for 11 wins ,but the question is will that be enough to get homefield i dont know,i think 12 gets the 2nd bye.