20 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,268 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

John Harbaugh said he just wanted Steelers HC Mike Tomlin to know he was congratulated.

View the full article

#2 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

This is a ridiculous article. Tomlin just wanted to go congratulate other players and had already made it in his mind to say a quick good job to Harbs and move on. No disrespect.

#3 jive_1000

jive_1000

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

And who cares? I'd rather know what color the sky was after the game than how Tomlin or Harbaugh interacted. And that so-called chat on this site during the game is a farce. Not one of my posts appeared and the topic was absurd a good portion of the time from the blotted host. I did enjoy reading the comments that were to the point (the game) but the other stuff was so off the wall that I wanted to gag. There was this thing going on about someone not watching in order to make the game go better?!? Are this grow-ups who run that chat? I finally gave up reading the posts and turned it off. Why isn't there a real forum during the game for those fans who want to interact? I noticed most of the subtopic pages had no comment area at all during the game. And this is fairly usual this season. I used to enjoy reading the comments of other fans during a game in previous sesaons. Does anyone over at RavensWorld care about the fans anymore???

#4 Amatmaju

Amatmaju

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Exactly - this is so overblown for nothing. I'm surprised the police officer there isn't on the 6 o'clock news tonight the way our news peeps blow things outta proportion... "Officer, what was your take on the mood of the handshake??? Could you hear what was said?" lol

#5 hugostiglitz

hugostiglitz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

i don't like tomlin at all, just wait til he has to put a team together himself...wont be able to do it.

#6 BrentWrightRavensFan

BrentWrightRavensFan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

To get every one excited level back up again, here are some factor for The Ravens to get the 2nd seed in AFC,I am not ruling out home field, but, let's go one at a time.....If we wins out, we be (13-3),that include a win over the Broncos, and if they win there other 3 games expect for the Ravens game, they will be 12-4, and if the Patriots win out they be (13-3), and the reason that we are the 3 seed now and not the 2nd seed if because of a three way tiebreaker, but, with a win over the Broncos, we will own the tiebreaker over the Patriots, because of our head to head win in week 3. But, I expect the Patriots to lose there next 2 games against the Texans(On Monday Night Football), and against the 49ers(maybe Jim help us out a again).and, if that happen to be true than the Patriots win there last two games, then they will be 11-5, and I no there ain't no gurrantees in the NFL, but, if we win out, we won't any be taking about a wildcard game against probably either the Colts,Steelers,Bengals, we be sitting back and watching and getting ready for the divisonal round!I hope that I got everyone excited back up again, I know my is!!!!!!!!!Let's just take it that one game that a time and forcus on getting to 10-3 and a victory against the Redskins, one game that a time!!!!!!!!!!!!1#RavensNation

#7 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,414 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

Again, with the handshake. We lose to stinking Charlie Batch and people want to talk about the handshake? SMH

#8 a 31fan

a 31fan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

It is knit-pickin, most likely due to "the handshake" with his brother and Schwartz. However, not lookin someone in the eye when you shake their hand (is) rude, specially after the gift we just gave em.

#9 Ravensfolyfe

Ravensfolyfe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

Tomlin did that because we beat them in their house and had their terrible towels in our hands mocking them in Pitt.

#10 Bleed purple20

Bleed purple20

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

100 percent disrespectful. he should be better than that

#11 J.Flacco#5

J.Flacco#5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

Bleed Purple20: Tomlin can never get better. He is just very Unclassy!!

#12 EpicRavensfan2!

EpicRavensfan2!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

I dislike tomlin as a person but as a coach/defensive minded coach. He's a genius He was a great defensive coordinatior before he became the head coach... I'd Love to have him as defensive coordinator even head coach if we never hired Harbaugh.

#13 mettro79

mettro79

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

Definitely trying to make something out of nothing. I'm more impressed with the fact that Harbs was in such a stand up mood after loosing to Charlie Batch.

#14 NeilfromBarbados

NeilfromBarbados

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

Everybody calm down... Harbaugh and Tomlin are men's men. They're all about the game, and keep it moving. I'm sure than neither of them are thinking about "the handshake" at all. Just the Press doing what they usually do: create a story when there's nothing there.

#15 baltimore1975

baltimore1975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

I dislike tomlin as a person but as a coach/defensive minded coach. He's a genius He was a great defensive coordinatior before he became the head coach... I'd Love to have him as defensive coordinator even head coach if we never hired Harbaugh.

What has Tomlin done to you to dislike him as a person? The guy is good for football period. He never makes excuses when he lose, always give the other team credit win or lose, holds his players accountable. So why you dislike him as a person?

#16 baltimore1975

baltimore1975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

i don't like tomlin at all, just wait til he has to put a team together himself...wont be able to do it.

What you don't like about Tomlin? Just don't make comments like that and not explain?

#17 dc5bundy

dc5bundy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

What you don't like about Tomlin? Just don't make comments like that and not explain?

why do you need an explanation on everyone's opinion? If they don't like Mike Tomlin for various reasons, then they don't like the man. Say your peace about the article and move on bro.

As far as this article goes, I think the writers are trying to create more Ravens-Steelers grief because of the lack of intensity from that game. Didn't feel like a typical smashmouth rivalry game IMO.

#18 BMoreRelentless

BMoreRelentless

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

Mike Tomlin has been a hellava coach for the squeelers. So far he hasn’t had a season under .500 and has been to the SB 2 times with 1 victory. Compared to Harbs I think he’s had the better career so far even though the squeelers missed the playoffs in 09. Harbs has never missed the playoffs but he’s never been to the SB. In the NFL the SB is the standard for teams, coaches and players. Tomlin seems to be no-nonsense and in my opinion handles the media; the media doesn’t handle him. His players seem to respond to him favorably and he doesn’t seem to have a problem with exerting authority with his players. He’s the reason why the squeelers have continued to be successful. If the playoffs start today they’re in it and with their soft last 4 games they’ll be in it. If we’re not hitting on all cylinders, they could be the team to end our season again.

#19 Dfence4champs2052

Dfence4champs2052

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

Who cares. They have to see us again.

#20 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,408 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

Again, Harbgate Handshake II is a "so what?" non-issue!

Besides, Tomlin wants Harbs to keep Cam,... so, he said nothing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users