Upcoming Events:  Lil Ravens Camp      Training Camp Stadium Practices      Movie Night   

Photo

[News] Joe Flacco, Torrey Smith Frustrated After Deep Ball Struggles

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,772 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

The two were unable to connect on a number of deep pass attempts in Sunday's loss.

View the full article

#2 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

Out of all those deep passes I know at least one of them was catchable, and it just didn't happen......*sigh*

#3 outkast1

outkast1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

Tandon Doss,Laquan Williams and Deonte Thompson and Cam Cameron can,t find plays for them?Thats your problem coach!You have the same plays every week to the same 2 players and that check down to rice that the steelers know so well.

#4 purple-raven

purple-raven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

while they are looking they need to take a look at how many were thrown into double or triple coverage. I can't figure if its the scheme, lack of options or just poor decisions.

#5 ravinmaniac52

ravinmaniac52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

hope we can draft a QB next year

#6 outkast1

outkast1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

I can,t stand behind sloppy joe any longer!
Throw it,so he can catch it,sloppy joe?

#7 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

the draft class for 2013 is very poor not even close to the caliber of what we have . defintely not an elite qb. there will however be many free agent qb's availabe but i seriously doubt you would want any of them . but you never know . Phillip rivers, mark sanchez tim tebow, matt cassel , blaine gabbert, alex smith . actually smith is not bad . not as good as flacco but eh .

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#8 jimgiampaoli

jimgiampaoli

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Last summer, false prophets led me into the deep woods. They declared that this was the year of Flacco. He had emerged from his cocoon and would be anointed as the real deal. Coaches Harbaugh and Cameron exclaimed that Flacco was picture perfect on his timing. He was hitting all receivers deep and short...and then the season started. I'm still sitting here, waiting for the curtain to rise up on the all new and glorious day, when Joe will lead Raven Nation to the promised land (New Orleans). I think it's time for me to tell the prophets, pundits, and putrid coaches to just go shove it.

#9 ravne05

ravne05

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Flacco just throws into double coverage triple coverage its like watching kids play football in the park just throw it up hoping someone catches it

#10 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

At this point, I can't tell if it's the OC, the QB, or some combination of the two. But the team has been performing the same experiment without changing any variables, and obtaining the same result. Something has to change, because even if it's good enough to make the playoffs, it hasn't been good enough to win a Super Bowl.

#11 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,744 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

The two also missed on a shot to the end zone just before Ray Rice's third-quarter touchdown run. The pass bounced off Smiths hands and television cameras showed Flacco yelling out to Smith when he was still downfield. They caught up with each other after the play to about Smith’s technique, and Flacco explained that he was urging Smith to meet the ball at its highest point rather than catching with his body.

^ sooo, Flacco is yelling at Torrey about his technique? i'm wondering who is yelling at Flacco about his under and over throws to wide open receivers? who is yelling at Flacco about standing in the pocket like a sitting duck instead of scrambling out to extend the play when it "begins" to collapse around him? just sayin'

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 03 December 2012 - 05:10 PM.

#12 ravens4life35

ravens4life35

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

i cant believe the nfl networks whenever the ravens win its not talked about that much - of course they are gonna give it a small amount of coverage but when they lose that is all they ever talk about - is how the ravens lost

#13 rayvens5252

rayvens5252

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

As long as we have flacco we will never get to a superbowl. YOU SUCK FLACCO!Choker. he is a statue in the pocket. Damn this loss is BS! ! 100% flacco's fault. You all need to stop backing him. I want dilfer. Heck i would take tyrod.Bench joe and cut him next year. I'm done making excuses for him. done!

#14 ozrave

ozrave

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

Some days I can't believe the Flock. The outrage is as if we threw the game.

BAL-PIT has always been close. Ben's absence meant something but not everything. And those that compare the game yesterday to a QB-shootout best watch something individual like boxing. It's a team sport ; their team beat our team due to the last few minutes. Mirrored the past game when Kiesel & another got offside, giving us first down and the winning penalty.

And another thing : Winning the AFC isn't the be-all-and-end-all. There are plenty of teams that come from behind in the playoffs, playing away, digging deep. Being the underdog actually suits us down to the ground.

Don't get excited. I want Ravens wins as much as anyone. What I'd like most is for some Ravens to chill.

#15 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,744 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

i cant believe the nfl networks whenever the ravens win its not talked about that much - of course they are gonna give it a small amount of coverage but when they lose that is all they ever talk about - is how the ravens lost

and i believe that they are replaying the game tomorrow night. pretty fast huh?

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#16 PurplePlague52

PurplePlague52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

rayvens5252
Posted
10 minutes ago

As long as we have flacco we will never get to a superbowl. YOU SUCK FLACCO!Choker. he is a statue in the pocket. Damn this loss is BS! ! 100% flacco's fault. You all need to stop backing him. I want dilfer. Heck i would take tyrod.Bench joe and cut him next year. I'm done making excuses for him. done!

As much as i hate to say it i totally agree with you glad im not the only one to notice

#17 Ravensallday24/7

Ravensallday24/7

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

Wow guys like I said we are quick to jump the boat. Getting a good QB in this league is not easy. How many catches and penaltys did Boldin drop/get? On one of the plays the ball went right through Smiths hands and should of caught it. Seriously when the TEAM loses its all his fault? Big Ben was about to get run out of Pittsburgh in 08 because of his poor play...guess what he then won the SB. Did Flacco play bad? Yes but where was the defense when we needed them? Does Joe play DEFENSE? Also putting in Tyrod is a ridiculous statement he is basicly Michael Vick 1.1 and is TOO SHORT!!! Guys you can neg me but we still control or own fate, its not like we can't win the division or the 2nd seed now.

#18 RavenManiac20

RavenManiac20

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

This is off topic but everyone bad mouths Ed Reed. Yes he says stupid things at times, yes he isnt the player he once was, but you guys act like he is the worst player on the team. He is definitely the best Free Safety still in the NFL. Only one close is Earl Thomas and he might be better than Ed. Okay we will say the 2nd best in the NFL. Yes Ed isnt the best tackler anymore, but most of you saying he sucks are bandwagon fans that dont remember back in the 2003-2007 range when he was the hardest hitting safety in the NFL before hurting his neck. I sure remember hes been my favorite player since he was a senior in college.

Ed has lost a step or two but that happens with age. If he didnt have that step lost theres at least 4 or 5 more times that I cant point out where he would have had an interception throughout this season which would put him at 8 or 9 this year. Its called a prime for a reason. It doesnt last long. He is easily the best safety in NFL history and the gap would be even larger if he neveer hurt his neck and never got hip surgery. The man has missed over a season worth of games in his career and still has 61 ints. He would easily have 80 right now if he had those games back and didnt play a bunch of other games while still injured.

I would love someone to give me 5 other safeties in the NFL youd rather have right now over Ed Reed. I can understand Thomas, Berry and Barron. After that its not even close.

#19 PurplePlague52

PurplePlague52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

Can the clown Cameron and look for somone to replace Whacko Flacco..If thats not the case then look for the inconsistent play for years

#20 Ravensallday24/7

Ravensallday24/7

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

One last thing...24hr rule people, 24hr rule.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users